Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

IIRC, this writer has been very anti-Olicity in past articles, so writing this must've been 'difficult' for him (posting here because of SDCC spoiler)...

Olicity in 'Arrow' Isn’t Going Anywhere Next Season
By Eric Francisco on July 31, 2017
https://www.inverse.com/article/34893-arrow-season-6-olicity-william-son-prometheus

Fans love their fictional romantic pairings, and one of the most prominent ships (as they’re known in the fandom business) on TV these days is “Olicity,” the pairing of Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak in the CW’s Arrow. Prominence, though, is not always a good thing. Fans have turned on Olicity in recent years, claiming it’s bogged down the dark action series in melodrama, but a new interview reveals that Olicity isn’t going anywhere come next season.
Speaking to ComicBook at San Diego Comic-Con a few weeks ago, series star Stephen Amell said that his character’s son, William (Jack Moore), a newcomer to the series, will not intrude on his (possibly) rekindled relationship with Felicity. When asked how William will factor into a more matured “Olicity,” Amell said in a playful evasive tone: “It’s a thing. It’s not messing with us, but it’s a thing.”

The long, exhaustive history of “Olicity” has been as complicated and bizarre as the journey of William. Mentioned in Season 2 and first seen in Season 3, William Clayton is the son of Oliver and a woman he had an affair with prior to the events of the series named Samantha Clayton (Anna Hopkins). In the Season 3 crossover “Legends of Yesterday,” Oliver was allowed to be in William’s life but at arm’s length.

Later, in Season 4, Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) kidnapped William as leverage to get to the Green Arrow. Then, last season, William was kidnapped again by Prometheus (Josh Segarra), who wanted revenge against the Green Arrow for killing his father. But Prometheus’s master stroke wasn’t getting William, but gathering all of Team Arrow on the island of Lian Yu and blowing them sky high. So, even if Felicity manages to make it out alive, she’ll have another challenge: learning to live with William.

Edited by tv echo

Haha that write ups hilarious and makes me not able to wait to see the post wedding articles and anti writers try and stomach their rage.

ETA: I also love that one of the suggested articles that comes up at the end of that article is from the same writer about how "killing" Olicity "saved" season 5 of Arrow. Victory is sweet ?

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, LeighAn said:

He has made as many pro Olicity comments as he has pro Lauriver comments, if not more, so I don't think he has strong inclinations one way or the other. In fact he said at comic con that the show didn't become sucessful until it became focused on Oliver Felicity and Diggle. He also said that Oliver and Felicity are the two people in your life you just want to say to them "why aren't you guys together- you should be together?"

Hes probably more supportive of GA/BC then Marc and Wendy because he wrote them in the comics but considering both Marc and Wendy have gone on the record as saying that they planned to drop Lauriver and move on to Olicity in season 2 Andrew would have been just as involved in that decision for the reasons they chose (the fact that Lauriver failed with the audience and the recognised lack of chemistry between Katie Stephen vs chemistry between Stephen Emily) as anybody else connected to the show.

Lately there has seemed to be some revisionist history saying that Olicity only happened because Kreisberg switched shows.  Part of that myth is that Olicity wasn't decided on until season three started.  Of couse this has been disproved by the show runners themselves.  

1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Who's filming today of the Arrow cast --

Still no signs of Quentin or PB?

If they were shooting Team Arrow stuff, I wouldn't expect Quentin, Thea or (fortunately!) William.  Doesn't mean it 's a bad sign.

18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lately there has seemed to be some revisionist history saying that Olicity only happened because Kreisberg switched shows.  Part of that myth is that Olicity wasn't decided on until season three started.  Of couse this has been disproved by the show runners themselves. 

Yes.  If only AK hadn't bailed to go to The Flash, we wouldn't have had Olicity.  And none of those female characters on Arrow would have got uppity like they did. Just look at The Flash, female characters as props for the men ony.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Curtis is not dead. One of my big hopes for S6 dashed!

My condolences.  

If they were shooting Team Arrow stuff, I wouldn't expect Quentin, Thea or (fortunately!) William.  Doesn't mean it 's a bad sign

True but every time someone else from the cast is spotted, I'm reminded that I don't think we've heard anything about PB.  Is he even in Vancouver?  Insert worried face.  

Didn't JH mention Quentin playing a part in her Black Canary storyline? Or did I misinterpret her comment? 

I wouldn't blame Lance if he moved to Antártica at this point since his dead daughter's doppelgänger showed up and some other rando lady wants to dress up like her. Maybe Thea and Lance could go off on a road trip. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7

So the 604 title might be "Cry for Justice." Sounds like a Canary episode to me.

And the 608 title might be "Greater Loss." That's the crossover finale, right? That Identity Crisis speculation is looking better and better.

• Love 2
Just now, tv echo said:

That's the crossover finale, right?

Crossover beginning now, apparently XD.

Also 605's Down a Crossroad sounds about right, since it's the part 1 for Slade's mini-arc.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

All I know is it looks like a foreign site. I kind of doubt its legit. Didn't MG say the title alone would get comic fans excited? I don't see anyone in the know getting excited.

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

So probably not legit, but ngl the fake titles are semi-convincing, or at least were to me

I thought "Cry For Justice" was a bit odd since it's a JL title but they could totally use it anyway. Later i saw the tweet with the crossover titles and they mean zero to me and since MG said the crossover name alone would blow fans away....unless they're misleading on purpose for some strange reason 

• Love 1

PB is sailing off the coast of CA. 

So we have WH and PB not filming since the first episode. WH was filming hospital scenes. Lance dies and Thea is injured? Lance is injured and Thea goes to an out of town conference?

• Love 2

I'm starting to wonder if JH's and KC's talk about Quentin being involved in their characters' stories was a smokescreen to cover for him being killed off. 

I would think Thea was dead too if it weren't for that statement of MG's that he would never kill off Thea.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I don't think Thea dies. I think she's just on another limited contract. I've seen some people ask KP about PB but he hasn't answered. I wonder if he is ignoring them as to not spoiler.

• Love 1

If Lance is dead it's just more proof to the fact that the writers don't give a crap about Black Siren and will just have her there as a B grade villian to prop Dinah since that's taking away a large chunk of story potential for Black Siren. 

• Love 1

He only had 18 episodes, he could have dropped to 13-14

Or possibly the show could have dropped PB and WH to 14 in order to pay for RG/JH + Emerson + Richard Dragon and Manu

Of course I just realized without the flashbacks they actually free up money since they don't need to run parallel stories with supporting cast.

(edited)

He filmed Island flashbacks so if he does die we will probayly see it. I know what they did with Merlyn but, I don't think they're as gun shy with Lance as they are with giving Merlyn/Barrowman a firm/final death.

Edited by Morrigan2575

This makes me sad.

Out of all of the show leads (who do crap all really) Stephen is by far their best ambassador and promoter and yet Arrow still the red headed step child.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This makes me sad.

Out of all of the show leads (who do crap all really) Stephen is by far their best ambassador and promoter and yet Arrow still the red headed step child.

I'm confused. Is the show moving to Mondays permanently or just for the crossover?

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He filmed Island flashbacks so if he does die we will probayly see it. I know what they did with Merlyn but, I don't think they're as gun shy with Lance as they are with giving Merlyn/Barrowman a firm/final death.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm confused. Is the show moving to Mondays permanently or just for the crossover?

Thanks

Just for the crossover so instead of letting Arrow have the final big show down episode it's in behind Supergirl.

Thereby Supergirl and Flash both get the big lead in eps and Legends gets the big finale Ep. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This makes me sad.

So what would you have done with the crossover? Show Pt.1 Monday, Pt.2 & 3 Tuesday then Pt.4 Thursday?

• Love 1
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

So what would you have done with the crossover? Show Pt.1 Monday, Pt.2 & 3 Tuesday then Pt.4 Thursday?

Yes. And? That's how the shows air normally in the week so....

• Love 2
Just now, LeighAn said:

Just for the crossover so instead of letting Arrow have the final big show down episode it's in behind Supergirl.

Thereby Supergirl and Flash both get the big lead in eps and Legends gets the big finale Ep. 

Thank you. Also, bummer

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yes. And? That's how the shows air normally in the week so....

It completely makes it lose the momentum and most likely potential viewers. "we're going to give you Pts.1-3 in 2 days but put it on pause for a day and finish it on Thursday" doesnt make sense. They'd either have to move Arrow back to Wednesday for a night and let it be 3 days or tighten it up as best as possible and show it over 2.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

It completely makes it lose the momentum and most likely potential viewers. "we're going to give you Pts.1-3 in 2 days but put it on pause for a day and finish it on Thursday" doesnt make sense. They'd either have to move Arrow back to Wednesday for a night and let it be 3 days or tighten it up as best as possible and show it over 2.

And all the viewers who are use to watching Arrow on Thursdays? Who cares about them. 

• Love 2

I think it makes sense to move Arrow. I also think it really really really sucks for SA and the show because it's a sucky position.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I think it makes sense to move Arrow. I also think it really really really sucks for SA and the show because it's a sucky position.

Yep Because again they were really excited and consindering Stephen does way way way more for the brand then GG CL BR MB do.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Or they could have moved Legends to Wednesday night for a temp 4-night event, but there's no way it makes any sort of sense to have the break.  That just completely kills the momentum (and likely the ratings). 

• Love 2