Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think it was his follow up tweet that said:

And by my scenes I mean our scenes. By definition. Super cool episode.11:25 PM · Mar 15, 2017

That made me think the "our scenes" meant there was just their scenes, but the team showing up as well at some point makes more sense. 

It's very, very hard not to get too excited for next week with this promo. I mean, there's Felicity crawling over to zoned out Oliver and Oliver God damned parkouring down that elevator shaft. Set me on fire, why don't you.

With Chase actually being there, do you think the story will be that he got out before the explosion took everything out, or will his presence be an additional concern to Oliver and Felicity?

• Love 5

I just had a thought. I'm 100% sure that picture of the "cosy clinch" is from FB sex but it would mess with us SO MUCH if we watched 520 and they were in different clothes and that shot/scene didn't crop up until one of the later eps!  Ahh wishful thinking! 

13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

With Chase actually being there, do you think the story will be that he got out before the explosion took everything out, or will his presence be an additional concern to Oliver and Felicity?

I feel like he'll be a hypothetical concern in the beginning  (since Oliver is pointing a gun around in the lair in one shot), but that he might not be a concern later (because the whole crawling to a passing out Oliver that leads to Oliver confessing what he told Chase seems like a climax-ish scene to me without Chase being involved), if that makes any sense.

• Love 4

If the episode is supposed to be about their relationship,past and present, I think they'll deal with "Chase could be here"quickly.

I assumed that Chase was hiding in the campaign office street level rather than down below in the bunker so he could have got out of the building.  It would be really difficult to hide for a week in the bunker with everyone working there and limited access to food and washroom facilities.

But for everyone who wanted to see him go after Felicity, here it is.

• Love 1

I would wonder, now that it looks like Chase is the one who set up the EMP, if this whole pretty much trapping them in the bunker thing might be his plan to get Oliver to tell Felicity what he confessed to Chase to try to separate them emotionally again. Although, it's kind of messy, since from how the promo looks both Oliver and Felicity actually have chances of dying (Felicity being paralyzed and not being able to get out, Oliver from falling down an elevator shaft or whatever).

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

How are they going to get her to walk again?????

Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again? ?That's about as serious as they treat the paralysis/chip storyline. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 16

From Marc's Tumblr:

marytagus asked:

Thanks for the great Sizzle Reel. Now I'm reelling and excited. Can you please tell me, in a non spoilery way, if on Nyssa vs Talia is going to be a clear winner?

I can tell you that there will be a clear winner.

I don't know why, but this answer is giving me a really bad feeling that Nyssa is going to die. Talia is a more well-known character and I would be surprised if the writers decided to keep both on the roster long term. I really hope I am wrong though because I have always enjoyed the Nyssa character. 

Edited by shadow2008
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I would wonder, now that it looks like Chase is the one who set up the EMP, if this whole pretty much trapping them in the bunker thing might be his plan to get Oliver to tell Felicity what he confessed to Chase to try to separate them emotionally again. Although, it's kind of messy, since from how the promo looks both Oliver and Felicity actually have chances of dying (Felicity being paralyzed and not being able to get out, Oliver from falling down an elevator shaft or whatever).

I would think Chase has realized that he can't separate them emotionally considering he had Oliver kill her BF and she didn't go anywhere. 

Maybe Chase's play is to get Oliver and Felicity back together, only to rip them apart with his plan for the finale? (I kind of doubt this because how could he plan for their conversations while trapped, but you never know.)

I don't think Chase could have known that Oliver and Felicity would both be in the bunker when they were, unless he was watching and waiting to set off the EMP? Maybe his goal was to trap Felicity alone down there, without any help and paralyzed again. (He could have set a timer that was connected to keystrokes on the computer or something?) Or that was his initial plan and then once he saw both Oliver and Felicity down there, he took advantage of it? 

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If the episode is supposed to be about their relationship,past and present, I think they'll deal with "Chase could be here"quickly.

I assumed that Chase was hiding in the campaign office street level rather than down below in the bunker so he could have got out of the building.  It would be really difficult to hide for a week in the bunker with everyone working there and limited access to food and washroom facilities.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I think that he was there in the bunker at some point, but then he was above ground when he was tracked and he'll be MIA again by the time 520 picks up. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I don't think Chase could have known that Oliver and Felicity would both be in the bunker when they were, unless he was watching and waiting to set off the EMP? Maybe his goal was to trap Felicity alone down there, without any help and paralyzed again. (He could have set a timer that was connected to keystrokes on the computer or something?) Or that was his initial plan and then once he saw both Oliver and Felicity down there, he took advantage of it?

I think that unless he's a secret Olicity shipper like Ra's*, I agree that it was an attack on Felicity.  Presumably she wouldn't have been alone and paralyzed for long because someone from Team Arrow would have figured it out before she died, but it would be severe enough.  Having Oliver there too may just have been the icing on the cake.

*Is Slade going to be an Olicity shipper too when we see him again?

22 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Honestly, I'm still confused at the whole set-up. What if Felicity had plugged the drive in at home? Has Chase been there the whole time? Where's he been hiding? That's what happens when your lair is too big. This would never have happened at Verdant. And how did he know when to set the EMP off? Did he bug the place? Was he in the corner listening?

Seriously, this made way more sense to me when I thought Helix had corrupted the drive to set off an EMP knowing Felicity would try to use it in the Arrowcave. 

I also know I will never get any answers to my questions so I'm just going to impatiently wait for next week which I'm super excited to watch. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Seriously, this made way more sense to me when I thought Helix had corrupted the drive to set off an EMP knowing Felicity would try to use it in the Arrowcave. 

Well apparently Talia gave Chase all the information he needed to psychologically manipulate a man she hasn't seen in 5 years so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Not that it's that hard to outsmart Oliver, Chase and Oliver are getting into Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner territory if the Roadrunner was also dumb. 

Edited by leopardprint

Do they just keep Felicity's wheelchair in the bunker, just in case? :(

Also, it's hilarious to me that it's supposedly an Olicity centric episode and the promo pics were more about everything else. Oh, Chico. 

7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Also, it's hilarious to me that it's supposedly an Olicity centric episode and the promo pics were more about everything else. Oh, Chico. 

I was thinking the same thing. I guess after Felicity walked out on Oliver, one of them brought the chair to the bunker to store it? Or they had one there as a backup?

Yeah, I know it all depends on when the photographer is on set, but for an Olicity-centric episode, only, what, 1/3 of the photos are of them? Maybe they could have planned that better? I don't know. I think it'll be more telling if the sneak peeks/producer's preview released are more about the team than Olicity because I will not buy "it's all too spoiler-y to release before the episode." 

• Love 1

The B plot with the rest of the team working together looks good though.

1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

There is only so much you can do when 2 people are trapped in a small space. Photigrapher give me *close up *long shot *mid shot *group shot 

That's true. Good point.

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I guess after Felicity walked out on Oliver, one of them brought the chair to the bunker to store it? Or they had one there as a backup?

They probably just had it there as a backup. Maybe just in case the chip stops working for whatever reason. 

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just had a thought. I'm 100% sure that picture of the "cosy clinch" is from FB sex but it would mess with us SO MUCH if we watched 520 and they were in different clothes and that shot/scene didn't crop up until one of the later eps!  Ahh wishful thinking! 

MG confirmed on tumblr that that Olicity shot in the sizzle reel is from 520.

• Love 1

Is it me, or do Oliver and Felicity look even hotter than usual in that blue lighting?

Until I know otherwise, I'm assuming this confirms that Chase has actually been a deranged Olicity fan this whole time, and has engineered this to get Oliver and Felicity to talk about their issues and be forced to confront their feelings in a life threatening situation!

2 hours ago, shadow2008 said:

Talia is a more well-known character and I would be surprised if the writers decided to keep both on the roster long term.

I would normally agree, and Talia is certainly more well known to the general public, but within the Arrowverse, Nyssa has much more of a history, is more known to the audience, has more connections with the established characters, and probably has more opportunities as a character for story opportunities as a morally ambiguous occasional ally to the good guys, instead of a straight up villain like Talia. I guess they could go that way with Talia too, but it would be kind of redundant with Nyssa already there. I hope Nyssa wins at least, because I really like her, and killing her off would kill my excitement for a Talia/Nyssa fight.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But for everyone who wanted to see him go after Felicity, here it is.

That's a great conclusion about him being Chase being in the offices above ground.

2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again? ?That's about as serious as they treat the paralysis/chip storyline. 

Bahahaha. I've just finished watching The IT Crowd and this is extra funny.

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I do think it's back up. She has a prototype implant. Something could have happened even without villainous intervention. It's a crazy world, with all the callbacks. Two to the failed wedding in 519, now awareness of the precautious state of felicity's recovery in 520.

• Love 2

From the episode thread:

It would be interesting if we find out next season that Alena/Kojo & Cayden James are like the evil versions of Felicity & Oliver. Like, Alena was Cayden's support, partner and lover, while Cayden was the leader of their team. Alena started out innocent but became corrupted by Cayden's "end justifies the means" attitude. And so on.

Kind of like what some of the media reviewers are saying, I'm wondering if James might end up being the big bad for s6 and they're just waiting to cast him for next season. I know Vigilante and Black Siren are going to be out there in the wind, but if they end up going with James as the big bad, they could also be paralleling Flash next year (since these DC shows kind of tend to share similar "themes" or beats now a days) with having a big bad who's not the typical speedster/fighter villain that they've had so far (if that name-dropped villain from 318 ends up being their s4 big bad) and it would be something "new," since they've been pushing that for s6 now.

Plus, I would enjoy the above parallel if they did that and I'm all for seeing more of Kacey Rohl, so I'll admit I might be reaching.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Until I know otherwise, I'm assuming this confirms that Chase has actually been a deranged Olicity fan this whole time, and has engineered this to get Oliver and Felicity to talk about their issues and be forced to confront their feelings in a life threatening situation!

He did kill Billy and was probably going to kill Susan until he realized Oliver didn't care that much. Now he's trapped them in a confined space with mood lighting. You're on to something! 

I think Talia would be more likely to go since Nyssa is attached to two shows and Talia is more likely to appear in movies. Maybe DC people allowed Arrow to use her temporarily. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, shadow2008 said:

From Marc's Tumblr:

I don't know why, but this answer is giving me a really bad feeling that Nyssa is going to die. Talia is a more well-known character and I would be surprised if the writers decided to keep both on the roster long term. I really hope I am wrong though because I have always enjoyed the Nyssa character. 

Even with a clear winner, that doesn't mean either have to die.  Or can't have a rematch.  It's not like Katrina Law's show is coming back (the lead dying really didn't help it's renewal chances).  The potential for having both occasionally pop up is too good to end this quickly, not unless they were only allowed to use Talia with the promise to get rid of her quickly.  It's just that I don't think that's a bargain the show runners would have been happy making.

Personally I'd love for Nyssa to take over Talia's little school, just to make sure it's not turning into LoA 2.0.  But we know that Dig and Felicity are kidnapped by Talia's boys in black in what, 522?  So either there are no clear winners early on or their big fight doesn't happen til the island.  For some reason I've assumed they have more than one confrontation in these final episodes, but do we know if Nyssa is in multiple episodes or not?  (Or Talia for that matter)

13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You know, I'm wondering what they're watching:

AR520b_0331b.thumb.jpg.befafbe04d6abeb8c408d9e183727d2f.jpg

Reruns of Felicity and Friends?  Bunker cams?  Archive footage of something that happened last summer?  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

From the episode thread:

Kind of like what some of the media reviewers are saying, I'm wondering if James might end up being the big bad for s6 and they're just waiting to cast him for next season. I know Vigilante and Black Siren are going to be out there in the wind, but if they end up going with James as the big bad, they could also be paralleling Flash next year (since these DC shows kind of tend to share similar "themes" or beats now a days) with having a big bad who's not the typical speedster/fighter villain that they've had so far (if that name-dropped villain from 318 ends up being their s4 big bad) and it would be something "new," since they've been pushing that for s6 now.

Plus, I would enjoy the above parallel if they did that and I'm all for seeing more of Kacey Rohl, so I'll admit I might be reaching.

I think it would be interesting to have the Helix founder be the main big bad (or one of the main villains next year), if only because it won't be someone Oliver created or who specifically hates Oliver. NGL that is getting overplayed. I mean, just how many more enemies are they gonna find for him, haha.

Also, there's no bigger repercussion for Felicity joining forces with Helix than the fact that she helped free the best/most dangerous hacker in the world or whatever he's supposed to be.

Edited by Guest

I would love it if next seasons Big Bad was more Felicities arc nemesis than Oliver's! The head of Helix could work as a villain really well, and it would show some real consequences, and maybe have some moral ambiguity. Like one of those "all people should know everything ever no matter how much damage it could cause" or an anarchist, and that could lead to some interesting conflicts that are different than what we`ve had in the past. It would also give Felicity a real arc  outside of Oliver, much like the Helix arc did to a lesser extent, and we could have a villain who isn't all about Oliver. Hey, we could even get a super dramatic episode where Helix hurts or kidnaps Oliver to mess with Felicity, and she could angst about how her bad choices hurt the man she loves! She could be like "I finally get to be on the other side of this, it totally sucks! No wonder Ollie is so pissed off all the time!", plus it only seems fair, after all the times his enemies have targeted her to get to him.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really don't think they'll ever do a Big Bad that isn't all about Oliver. Pretty sure they still ask "what's the Oliver of it all" when writing scripts or thinking up storylines/arcs.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

They might try to do more shorter arcs without a big bad that dominates the entire season. If that's the case, I could see Helix being one such bad. But season long and without connecting them meaningfully to Oliver, no.

Yeah, I don't think that they would do a big bad who ultimately didn't go against Oliver in some way, but if not Helix or anything, I could at least picture them deciding on a big bad who doesn't fight and maybe uses the other villains who are now set-up (Vigilante, Black Siren, Helix, etc.) for the work. 

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, I don't think that they would do a big bad who ultimately didn't go against Oliver in some way, but if not Helix or anything, I could at least picture them deciding on a big bad who doesn't fight and maybe uses the other villains who are now set-up (Vigilante, Black Siren, Helix, etc.) for the work. 

I think it would be interesting to have a Moriarty type villain but, i don't know how well that would go over with the general audience. 

I think Chase is their Moriarty-type villain.  He is the brilliant master manipulator and nemesis who targets Oliver specifically because he wants to bring him down.  Malcolm and Damian Darhk were evil and Oliver got in the way, Ra's stumbled into Oliver's path because of Malcolm and Slade, while specifically targeting Oliver, wasn't smart enough.

5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You know, I'm wondering what they're watching:

AR520b_0331b.thumb.jpg.befafbe04d6abeb8c408d9e183727d2f.jpg

Also, no one ever took down that OQ poster? Even though it looks like if someone just walks near it, it'll fall down? 

I really hope it isn't the Olicity sex tape from last summer. That's just for us.

LOL at the old Oliver Queen poster.  Has no one commented that the Queen's old campaign headquarters are abandoned?  At the least, Curtis should be using it for his and Felicity's fake start-up to hide that a bunch of people are going in and out and doing nothing there.  If only so that the SCPD don't do a stake-out to see if it's being used for drugs.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

5x22 - Missing:

BLACK SIREN RETURNS — Black Siren (guest star Katie Cassidy) returns to help Chase (Josh Segarra). Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) organizes a birthday party for Oliver (Stephen Amell) while Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is furious after Rene (Rick Gonzalez) misses the custody hearing for his daughter. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Oscar Balderrama (#522).  Original airdate 5/17/2017.

If we don't get a bunch of birthday spec fanfic between now and the episode, I'm going to be very disappointed.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I really hope they have a good reason for Siren helping Chase again (I know they most likely wont) after he threatened to kill her if she didn't follow his orders and left her to be bait for TA so he could get away.

Didn't a pap tweet about KC filming with MM? Maybe Chase sends Evelyn to break her out? I mean, it would be weak - why doesn't BS just leave after being freed, especially if it's just Evelyn who goes to get her? - but it would be something at least? 

Aw, Felicity's throwing her husband work colleague/friend a birthday party! I was hoping it would be her doing. Yay. 

Not really sure what else to say about the episode description as it doesn't give much away. Does Rene miss the hearing because he's taken first?

Also I'm assuming this is the episode where BS has scenes with Dinah and chains up Quentin. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

Not really sure what else to say about the episode description as it doesn't give much away. Does Rene miss the hearing because he's taken first?

That's what I was thinking, but then I'm wondering what's the order of events. Like, if Rene is kidnapped, they probably shouldn't be having a birthday party, but Oliver's line about "he's taking us out one by one" has to come at some point, not to mention Diggle and Felicity being ambushed by Talia's ninjas and Lance being chained up by Black Siren.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

That's what I was thinking, but then I'm wondering what's the order of events. Like, if Rene is kidnapped, they probably shouldn't be having a birthday party, but Oliver's line about "he's taking us out one by one" has to come at some point, not to mention Diggle and Felicity being ambushed by Talia's ninjas and Lance being chained up by Black Siren.

Yeah. I wasn't sure if Rene missed his hearing on purpose or if him being taken is how they find out they're getting picked off one by one.

Did MG say Oliver's birthday starts with violence and ends in a good way or was it the other way around? I can't remember.