Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Now that I've composed myself... My thoughts on the trailer:

• Oliver/Felicity are so incredibly beautiful and I can't believe we wasted a year without this 
  • This trailer showed that Laurel will remain a one-note villain with no plans of redeeming her anytime soon which is relieving for me. They should keep KC in a role that suits her best.
  • It was really refreshing to see Oliver opening up to Felicity again - it seems as though he's been so closed up this season and it's fitting that Felicity is the first person he opens up to and bares his soul to her
  • It looks like Felicity will be paralyzed in present day. They don't look like they're stuck in the bunker which makes sense because Oliver looks like he's protecting her in one scene :')
  • God those emotional present day scenes in 520 are going to ruin me
  • I honestly can't wait for the Talia/Nyssa showdown! I didn't think that would excite me as much but seeing it on screen it's going to be awesome. I just hope that scene is relevant and isn't random
  • So it seems as though Diggle/Felicity/Thea are going to be the ones that Chase will go after (Samantha too I guess)... Can HE JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE!? D:
  • Based on the Olicity clips we've seen so far - I really don't think it's possible for this season to end without a reconciliation
  • The Felicity vs Team Arrow stuff look FANTASTIC. And it's believable that Felicity right now is in a different mindset than everyone else. I can't wait to see it play out and how they resolve it - which I'm guessing they do in 520
  • I would've liked more Diggle - but him helping save Oliver/Felicity? Perfection. And it does look like we'll get a good Diggle/Felicity scene from the looks of that clip so I count that as a win!
  • The "freeze jerk!" and Oliver's face was just priceless! 

THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN IN SUCH A LONG TIME! Honestly I can't say anything bad about the sizzle reel. It was perfect. It revealed all the exciting stuff but didn't answer too many questions. This is me right now:

tumblr_inline_oopudnlRlu1shrb8p_500.gif

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 22

For people having trouble viewing the old Spoilers thread...

I've been updating the Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread, so the latest topical spoilers have all been added to ADDENDUM #10 TO SUMMARY OF S5 SPOILERS BY TOPIC (last post in that thread).

Also, do you want me (A) to go ahead and post now my individual episode spoiler summaries for 519 through 523 in the archive thread (and just update as we get more spoilers), or (B) to post each new episode's spoiler summary a day or two before the new episode airs in the archive thread?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

The choice to update should be yours since you're doing the work. I only ask that you post directly to the Archive and, not here since this thread is already massive to begin with.

Edited by Morrigan2575
Edited because I'm having computer issues and this sounded bitchy as all hell when it's no ones fault that my laptop sucks!
  • Love 1

One, they're right next to the salmon ladder when they start to get it on, no? Excellent. ?

Two, Oliver is running on Lian Yu in the GA suit. Is this or MB's voice what MG was waiting for to finish the sizzle reel?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Two, Oliver is running on Lian Yu in the GA suit. Is this or MB's voice what MG was waiting for to finish the sizzle reel?

I'm going with the shot of Oliver going into the prison with the Deathstroke mask with MB's voice, especially since Marc was pushing the idea of "watch until the end" 

• Love 1

I think Felicity (and maybe Oliver) gets sloshed, rambles about the salmon ladder, tries the salmon ladder, falls off the salmon ladder into Oliver's arms...then ???(against the salmon ladder). Safe. Consensual. Satisfying.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

Random observations/spec:

- Cody's character being brought back in 521 to face Wild Dog is probably how he'll fit into the "Sins of the Father" theme, Somehow that'll tie in with the shot of WD hugging his daughter.

- I've been wondering how Oliver was going to make sure Slade doesn't double cross him once he's freed to help him take down Chase. Did the show mention if Amanda Waller put a kill chip in his neck like she did to the Suicide Squad? 

• Love 1

If the salmon ladder happens while they're inebriated, I need Oliver to fret like a mother hen. You're not supposed to do it while you're drunk. Here, have this water first and I'll get you some fries and coffee. Maybe then. Cue Felicity, Dude, chill.

• Love 2

@bijoux, that's where my head went with the "consensual" comment but I don't see Oliver "constant vigilance" Queen getting sloppy drunk but hey if it's Felicity asking...:p He probably put one of those "do not operate heavy machinery" stickers on it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Slade and the living baddies steal Oliver's transportation and they're stuck on the island for 5 months?

I still have a Problem with badass Lyla losing her husband for 5 months. Even if they broke up in 20 she'd still want him to see JJ

Edited by Morrigan2575

That line from Oliver about writing his father's wrongs and everything being a lie ... I hope that leads to an Olicity discussion about the whole "monster" idea and how he likes killing and Felicity sets him straight. Felicity looks pretty adoring in that scene, with her hands on Oliver's neck. Not sure where Oliver is holding her. I think they may be in that elevator shaft during that convo (before Felicity almost falls during the rescue?) I could see them almost kissing during that moment but get interrupted by the rescue.

• Love 3

That scene of Diggle holding onto Olicity and Felicity falling down, I thought that was 5x20 at first but that could be the end of 5x19. Felicity falls down the shaft and Oliver chooses to let go of Diggle to get down to her. Diggle climbs out to get the others.

• Love 19

MG did say that he's planning on ditching social media after something that happens at the end of 519. Oliver and Felicity falling into the unknown might prompt some reactions.

Felicity falling from such a great height would also be something that could cause the chip to malfunction.

Edited by lemotomato
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That line from Oliver about writing his father's wrongs and everything being a lie ... I hope that leads to an Olicity discussion about the whole "monster" idea and how he likes killing and Felicity sets him straight. Felicity looks pretty adoring in that scene, with her hands on Oliver's neck. Not sure where Oliver is holding her. I think they may be in that elevator shaft during that convo (before Felicity almost falls during the rescue?) I could see them almost kissing during that moment but get interrupted by the rescue.

I think they are sitting on the floor..same place they are when Oliver shields Felicity..the wall behind him is the same..

• Love 2

I'm so pleased that Laurel is finally living in Queen Manor as she wanted, in whatever, incarnation she is.

I also love Felicity's line "I'm on the team that's going to take down Chase."

4 hours ago, way2interested said:

Along with the prettier gifs from @Soulfire, he finishes with "It was all based on a lie," so it looks like he might tell Felicity what he said to Chase.

I wonder if he finds out something about Robert and that's the lie it was based on.  I'd rather have that than it being that Oliver Likes To Kill.

4 hours ago, leopardprint said:

He's had 2 years of training right? So really Thea should be able to beat him. Also Oliver trained with the person who presumably trained Talia  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I thought Talia trained Yao Fei, not the other way around?

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

MG did say that he's planning on ditching social media after something that happens at the end of 519.

I  think the end of  5x19 has to do with Felicity's chip. I think MG thinks people are gonna "hate" him for paralysing Felicity again.  

• Love 1

Yes, @statsgirl, I meant Ra's not Yao Fei, should have made that clearer. 

Maybe the last shot of 519 is of Felicity falling down the shaft into darkness? Or Oliver dramatically yelling "Felicity!" Or they get into a nasty fight? 

Edited by leopardprint
34 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What was Felicity's comment earlier this year in regards the ladder and Oliver? I'm thinking 520 will add some layers to that. 

In "The Recruits" she and Curtis are watching him and she says "It's really hot -- I mean, not. It's not."

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Since she is walking in the sizzle reel after 5x20 I doubt people will be that mad if that is indeed what he meant with the 'hate'.

I dont think he understands his audience at all. 

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Felicity falling from such a great height would also be something that could cause the chip to malfunction.

Is there an actual spoiler out there that says the chip malfunctions?  All I remember is that MG says the chip will be explored. Which could mean anything really, like she talks about it in regards to her dreams for PT and what have you. We don't even know if the explores part happens in present day, right? Could be that it get brought up in the flashback as an explanation for why she's not trying to get PT back.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is there an actual spoiler out there that says the chip malfunctions? People seem to be treating it as fact but, all I remember is that MG says the chip will be explored. Which could mean anything really, like she talks about it in regards to her dreams for PT and what have you. We don't even know if the explores part happens in present day, right? Could be that it get brought up in the flashback as an explanation for why she's not trying to get PT back.

From MG's last tumblr Q&A, this sounds like something happens to the chip, IMO

Capture2.JPG.d0a8fe69c65e77f42092566547357762.JPG

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From MG's last tumblr Q&A, this sounds like something happens to the chip, IMO

Capture2.JPG.d0a8fe69c65e77f42092566547357762.JPG

Right, hacked no but explored in 520. He's also said 520 for the chip before when asked.

That doesn't really say anything about malfunction IMO. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Right, hacked no but explored in 520. He's also said 520 for the chip before when asked.

That doesn't really say anything about malfunction IMO. 

I guess we'll see!

If the 520 conversation segues into talking about the future, individually and together, I could see PT and the chip fitting in, especially if they also talk about William. So I could see it going either way. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

TVLine is LOL.

Their first tweet hours ago about the sizzle reel had a photo of Oliver and teased many returns, Black Siren and Deathstroke. Less than 100 likes. Sent out another tweet an hour ago and changed the photo to Olicity and removed the Black Siren mention and added Olicity. More then 5x the likes.

• Love 17

Omg the trailer was so quick but had so much pretty on it. I'm very excited for the last five eps! Can't wait!

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

TVLine is LOL.

Their first tweet hours ago about the sizzle reel had a photo of Oliver and teased many returns, Black Siren and Deathstroke. Less than 100 likes. Sent out another tweet an hour ago and changed the photo to Olicity and removed the Black Siren mention and added Olicity. More then 5x the likes.

Haha! 

Also apparently Olicity started trending at the trailer release:

https://mobile.twitter.com/undefined/status/855118250467831808

Im sure it was just everyone talking about how much they hate Olicity or how Olicity just make really great platonic friends now though :P

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

TVLine is LOL.

The one with the Olicity still also has the most RTs and likes compared to anything else they posted this week.

Whether they like them or not, they can't argue with the fact that Olicity gets them more clicks and buzz than anything else.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

So it looks like in 519 Felicity is gonna block Oliver from helping her? There's a shot in the trailer with some kind of electronic partition and she says "Sorry." She's really going all in with this! I wonder what happens from that point on because it seems likely that O/F end that episode together as it leads to 520 shenanigans. Hmmm. Are Helix gonna screw her over in 519?

I'm still not over that one brief shot of Olicity. Holy chemistry Batman!

6 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

It looks like Susanna/Moira will make an appearance in the season finale:

Yay. I thought the Emmy-caliber scene might be with Moira as some link to the Pilot episode maybe. Cool cool cool.

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Posting this screencap because it might just be the most beautiful thing I've seen all year. 

C931iWtXYAAWFqr.jpg

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Omgomgomg 

*drops dead*

This is why I ship Olicity despite everything this season!

• Love 11

^^^^ That screencap should be in the dictionary under the definition for chemistry. Seriously though.

Or maybe I've been deprived all season and I'm just extra thirsty for them today. LMAO.

6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Was Moira filming yesterday? Her scenes are the closest to Emmy worthy this freaking show will ever produce. 

According to the pap guy, yes she was and she left today. She's probably the only actor strong enough to give an Emmy worthy scene, let's be honest.

Yay Moira! Of all the back from  the dead characters they could bring back why not her ? 

By the way I got chills with Yao Fai in the trailer I love his character! Happy to see him back as a Oliver vision.

Seriously the screen cap looks like something that would be photoshopped but it's not, which just makes it even more beautiful. 

• Love 1