Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

A little thrown by the fact that Chase literally told him that he could get into Felicity's apartment without them knowing yet he's telling her to go home despite Chase still being out there, but the feelings are all still there and SA is selling it, so OK.

I think the general idea is that he's doing what Chase wants him to do, therefore he doesn't have much reason to act on the things that he threatened Oliver with. He got Oliver to admit he liked killing, he got Oliver to push everyone away, therefore Chase isn't a threat to anyone at this point in time.

I mean, it's dumb, but that's Arrow for you.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

I think Stupid!Oliver has surpassed Susan as my least favorite character. Hopefully, they show him telling her the loft isn't safe or him or Diggle keeping an eye on her. 

ETA: @apinknightmare, I guess if Oliver thinks Ra's was honorable, he thinks that Chase is evil but totally honors agreements.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I feel like a lot of this season is them just expecting Prometheus to not do anything? Sort of like in 509, when after they found out Evelyn betrayed them and Oliver moved Thea into the lair, everyone just apparently went home after Billy's death? No concern that Prometheus would strike? So it seems to be the same "logic" here: Chase just did something, so he's not going to do something right now?

Still, Oliver should tell Felicity that Chase was in her apartment. 

Even by 509 one could figure that Prometheus wasn't going to kill anyone on the team and was trying to make a point (could have killed Lance and Curtis, but didn't) along with the flawed logic of Chase just did something so he won't do anything now (especially when it looks like he got what he ultimately wanted). Now it gets worse because Oliver's still going after him (just presumably not using the team) and one could follow the logic that then Chase would then go back after Oliver, and gee I hope Chase didn't openly threaten any two people while he was talking to Oliver because those people would probably be in danger. Then again, I'm guessing that's coming back up later in the season anyway.

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

She's standing so close.  And he's barely holding on.  That whisper to just go is heartbreaking.  And wonderful. So much of his longing and pain and regret just oozes out of that moment. And EBR packed so much into her line about him going to get checked out by a real doctor.   What these two can do with so little is amazing.

I wasn't listening too carefully, but did the scene have music? I was wondering if this was part of the scene SA mentioned about 518.

The only downside to this is Oliver will probably break up with Susan because it's not safe to be with him when really he should dump her ass for being awful. I know most people don't care how their relationship ends, just that it does, but this bugs me for some reason. IDK. Oh well. I'll get over it. Haha.

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: @apinknightmare, I guess if Oliver thinks Ra's was honorable, he thinks that Chase is evil but totally honors agreements.

Was there something they agreed to apart from Chase letting Oliver go once he confessed? 

At this point Oliver is willingly doing what Chase wants him to, so like I wrote - I think the show is going with there not being any reason to follow through since Chase's demands are being met.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The only downside to this is Oliver will probably break up with Susan because it's not safe to be with him when really he should dump her ass for being awful. I know most people don't care how their relationship ends, just that it does, but this bugs me for some reason. IDK. Oh well. I'll get over it. Haha.

Would you prefer this or Wendy's version (Susan breaking up with him because of he kidnapping)?

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It bugs me too. I want it to be clear that they wouldn't have lasted even without Chase around. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Would you prefer this or Wendy's version (Susan breaking up with him because of he kidnapping)?

I hoped he would break up with her. So this is better. But I wanted it to be because she's a shady asshole, that she's not right for him, because he still loves Felicity and so on. But like SA says, I can't always get what I want! Haha.

Edited by Guest

I guess I meant implied agreement in not going after people because Oliver is doing what he wants. 

You know what, I would prefer Susan dump him because of the kidnapping. She's been shown to be self-centered and self-serving already AND she doesn't care enough to put herself in danger for him. He needs to preserve his few remaining brain cells for Chase not making sad faces at her. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

I wanted Oliver to break up with her because he realized he was only with her because he was lonely.

You can always say that was the real reason like MG makes up reasons for Felicity to go after Prometheus that apparently happened off screen. If he can so can we, LOL

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

You can always say that was the real reason like MG makes up reasons for Felicity to go after Prometheus that apparently happened off screen. If he can so can we, LOL

And that's probably the only reason I'm still able to watch this show, lol.

• Love 5

The problem with that loneliness argument is it makes Oliver look callous as well as stupid if he is dating someone he doesn't even like that much when he KNOWS someone is out to get him. Granted Susan was pretty much stalking him but Arrow tells me that's "romantic".

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

Well if Chase had been as meticulous in his research as he claimed, he should have know Susan wasn't worth kidnapping. As it was he had to inform Oliver six days later that she was missing.  

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

The problem with that loneliness argument is it makes Oliver look callous as well as stupid if he is dating someone he doesn't even like that much when he KNOWS someone is out to get him. Granted Susan was pretty much stalking him but Arrow tells me that's "romantic".

No, no - he really cares about her!

• Love 1

I wanted him to break up with her because of him realizing he just dated her to try to move on and because he was lonely because for once it would be nice for Oliver to voice that instead another character telling him. But they've kept his relationship with Susan separate from any kind of character development, from his relationship with Felicity and basically just from anything actually emotional so it was too much to expect probably. 

Yeah loneliness as a reason I guess I could buy but they didn't really show it very much. Like the whole thing with Susan started with her stalking him and telling him he needs a friend to talk to but that made no sense because he had like 5 people he could talk to without lying which he couldn't with Susan. And even looking at it like he wanted to hook up doesn't make much sense because Susan made every first step in that aspect too. It's just such a weird situation where there's no narrative reason or benefit for the relationship. And there's not even a plot driven one 18 episodes into the season. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 11

Susan fails on all levels. She is the graveyard where Oliver's character development has gone to die. This breakup is going to fail. Whatever her scene in 519 or 520 is going to fail. Honestly, just replace her scenes with commercials, use the money for screech effects. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 20
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

He insinuated she leaked the nudes herself.

I saw one of those photos by accident on twitter. If she actually did leak them, she's got some amazing confidence. Because maybe I am prude but I would never want to have those kinds of photos of myself on the internet. 

Just now, Velocity23 said:

He also said her people contact the paps.

I know nobody should judge anyone they really don't know at all but I just always get the feeling that she thinks really highly of herself. 

• Love 2
Just now, Belinea said:

I saw one of those photos by accident on twitter. If she actually did leak them, she's got some amazing confidence. Because maybe I am prude but I would never want to have those kinds of photos of myself on the internet. 

Well, CDAN just posted a blind item that's clearly about her implying it wasn't KC who leaked it. I still think she was part of that major hack because Emma Watson and Amanda Seyfried had leaks the same day.

1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I actually would prefer she break up with him, because it's one more way that Felicity is shown to be better for him (she stands by him no matter what Prometheus does, while Susan doesn't). There's no redeeming Susan at this point and they haven't set it up as Oliver ready to have an epiphany about her shadiness. One thing I don't want is for him to dump her with a "because of the life I lead" type speech, which treads too close to Olicity ground.

1 hour ago, ComicFan777 said:

It's funny...I didn't notice if there was music or not...I just noticed Oliver's very loud gulp that seemed to have so much emotion of its own.

The gulp was what made me realize there's no background music. I'm glad it's this, and not the spec that this episode would open with him trying to commit suicide. I also like that we get to see the team's immediate reaction. Amell kills it, too. When he briefly looks at Felicity and then gulps and has to look away to tell her to leave? *sob*

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Well, CDAN just posted a blind item that's clearly about her implying it wasn't KC who leaked it. I still think she was part of that major hack because Emma Watson and Amanda Seyfried had leaks the same day.

1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I saw the implication that one producers is part of the leaks. Not that she didn't leak it. 

The whole BS and Artemis thing - two minions teaming up against Prometheus to help Team Arrow or to have a Bad off with Prometheus?

6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

So who's getting kidnapped in 522?

I think its Felicity. Shades of S2.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I actually would prefer she break up with him, because it's one more way that Felicity is shown to be better for him (she stands by him no matter what Prometheus does, while Susan doesn't). There's no redeeming Susan at this point and they haven't set it up as Oliver ready to have an epiphany about her shadiness. One thing I don't want is for him to dump her with a "because of the life I lead" type speech, which treads too close to Olicity ground.

The gulp was what made me realize there's no background music. I'm glad it's this, and not the spec that this episode would open with him trying to commit suicide. I also like that we get to see the team's immediate reaction. Amell kills it, too. When he briefly looks at Felicity and then gulps and has to look away to tell her to leave? *sob*

There actually was music. Very soft, very intense.

• Love 1

So I looked up the actor who played Vince Sobel, Tinah's doomed partner/lover in 511, and he's Clayton Chitty. He actually has a decent acting resume:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4469146/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t16

He's a 32-year-old Canadian actor and model - and another Supernatural alum, as well as the face of Gibsons Whisky...
https://twitter.com/claytonchitty

Clayton Chitty Actor Demo 2015

Of course, now that I've done the research, he'll probably turn out to be a one-episode deal. But watch the 511 clip below - Vince is shot right when the particle accelerator explosion is surrounding them and at the same time Tinah becomes metahuman:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The whole BS and Artemis thing - two minions teaming up against Prometheus to help Team Arrow or to have a Bad off with Prometheus?

I think its Felicity. Shades of S2.

I think it'll be part of the 522 cliffhanger, that Chase has gathered/released the villains that Oliver put away with Argus, including getting Evelyn to go get BS. Whoever's "missing" (possibly Felicity) might end up being a distraction while Chase gets them all together for 523.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

As the person who put that suicide bit into the universe, thank God I was wrong. This is great and I almost can't wait for them to listen to Oliver and leave so he can break down.

• Love 1

After seeing Oliver sending Felicity and the rest of the team away like that, I want Oliver to reconnect with her when he realizes that she's going to get into trouble with Helix and she needs him to be there for her.  Make it happen, show.  You owe me.

I don't think Helix will be the Big Bad for next season because the season's Big Bad needs to fight Oliver, not Felicity or Diggle or another member of the team.  But the person who set up Helix may be.

I  have zero interest in whether Artemis team of up Team Arrow to fight Black Siren or whether she and Black Siren fight Dinah and Sara. (Look, a four Canary battle!)  That is how badly they're written Evelyn.

In s2 when Laurel was failing so badly  as a character, I was tweeting AK and MG to let her go bad because KC could play that better than she was doing Good Laurel. But while I am pleased that MG finally saw it my way, this is like The Monkey's Paw version of what I wanted.

16 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Because she's more interesting as a villain.  Plus there's no need to zip past that storyline.  So she'd be a villain for a while at least.  

If I were writing  this show, which I am not, I would make BS a villain/henchman in the first part of the season, give her a 2 episode redemption arc (absolutely no more than 3 eps), and send her off to Earth2 to work with Robert's Green Arrow there before having the show build up the big arc in 6..  Even if JH/DD leaves the show, I don't think they should have BS join Team Arrow.  Being snarky in the lair is going to get old very fast, as it did for Wild Puppy, and the character has already failed as Good Laurel..

15 hours ago, Trisha said:

In terms of Olicity spoilers beyond 520, DR is the only one who's said anything. I still believe it'll happen by 523, but this season has been a MESS so I'm not judging those who don't. All I was saying is that it is perfectly normal not to trust the writers, and to question the future direction. For some viewers the journey is more important than the destination, and this journey has been rough. Adding the KC news is just salt in the wound. 

These writers have an amazing talent for giving me what I want in the end and ruining it by the journey to get there.

7 hours ago, bijoux said:

I went through S1 regular and recurring cast members and these are the characters that haven't been seen since then.

• Yao Fei - dead
  • Fyers - dead
  • Carly - only mentioned after season 1
  • Frank Chen
  • McKenna Hall

Isn't Frank Chen dead too?  I thought Malcolm killed him.

I doubt it's McKenna Hall, Janina G. has her hands full on Sleepy Hollow.  Which leaves no one?  Or than Carly I guess.

4 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

Oliver = not so bright

Didn't he do that with Thea too?  Sent her home when Oliver knew that the villain was coming for them?

If Oliver thinks that his team is safe now that he's admitted to Chase that he likes to kill, he's majorly underestimating Chase. Boy hasn't even begun yet to terrorize.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

He's a 32-year-old Canadian actor and model - and another Supernatural alum, as well as the face of Gibsons Whisky...

Awww. That just made me miss Benny. LOL

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I doubt it's McKenna Hall, Janina G. has her hands full on Sleepy Hollow.  Which leaves no one?  Or than Carly I guess.

Sleepy Hollow wrapped filming already. The season finale is this Friday. So she might have been able to fit it in. 

16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Frank Chen dead too?  I thought Malcolm killed him.

Yeah, I forgot that one. Though you could say he is still alive in the flashback time line, so he could actually appear there, not just be a hallucination like, say, Yao Fei and Fyers. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Are 2hr premier's and finales a thing of the past? I feel like Arrow is over due  for one. 

OUAT has had a two hour season finale since season 3. Other shows have done it as well. I agree with Arrow being due for one 

31 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They can do it. LoT is airing its finale at 8pm arent they? Wouldn't be part to put a rerun on for 1 week for The100.

The 100 airs after Arrow and I believe their season finale is the same night as Arrow. LOT is ending at 8 on April 4th cause Flash is on a break and IZombie will be airing at 9 

From the EW interview I just posted in Spoilers:

For starters, Felicity probably shouldn’t trust Alena (Kacey Rohl), who seems to be the kind face of Helix so far. But there’s someone more nefarious pulling the strings. “We are going to see somebody [else],” Mericle teases. “What’s interesting about it is he’s not actually at Helix right now, so there’s going to be a big episode where we find out who this person is, and Felicity is involved in helping him. It’s really messed up.”

Is Prometheus too obvious? Haha.

It's Malcolm, isn't it? This is why we can't have nice things. 

ETA: I had a sneaking suspicion because of all that "Felicity learning lessons" nonsense this would happen. 

Edited by leopardprint