Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Everyone on my Twitter TL is so angry that they are using Susan to promote the next ep, but I kind of love it because she's clearly getting dumped in those photos, and WM's quote underlines that point. This is what we've been waiting for! Bring it. http://tvline.com/2017/03/23/arrow-season-5-episode-18-photos-oliver-susan-felicity/

Seriously why???? why???????

I've made peace that Felicity is too popular so they don't want to encourage more madness over her but I'm wondering why they don't use someone else?

I have no attachment to Dinah but I'm wondering why they aren't selling Dinah. Why Pantry Moth????? Like five other people probably like Pantry Moth! It's baffling!

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've made peace that Felicity is too popular so they don't want to encourage more madness over her but I'm wondering why they don't use someone else?

I have no attachment to Dinah but I'm wondering why they aren't selling Dinah. Why Pantry Moth????? Like five other people probably like Pantry Moth! It's baffling!

Dinah doesn't have a storyline.

• Love 1

Here's a thought.

What if Susan is still around and "betrays" Oliver because he brings The Bratva to SC? 

She knows he was a member, she was "won over" because Oliver cares so much about the city. But what happens if his need to kill Chase and not involve the team, leads her to question how "good" Oliver is because he involved gangsters in this fight?

• Love 3

The stills are from whatever happens to be shot the day the photographer was on set, and please the comic book gods, it was Oliver breaking up with Susan.

She looks teary-eyed. Server her right for dumping Louis.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Felicity (and Olicity) is mentioned in the article and is included in the stills. There are more stills of Felicity at Helix than there are of the reporter. But people will talk about what they want to talk about.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Cause they- meaning the writers- don't care about Dinah, she's just to fill a quota to them. And the writers barely write her as a character *shrug* 

But now they- meaning the entertainment media sites- get to have a headline like "will Oliver break up with/jilt Susan?" to get the fandom in a tizz and lots of clicks and comments on their site.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

What if Susan is Kovar's daughter?

Please be something. Give me a reason that she's relevant to the story and not just there to annoy me ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The stills are from whatever happens to be shot the day the photographer was on set, and please the comic book gods, it was Oliver breaking up with Susan.

Exactly. The media just grabs all the photos available on the press site and decides which ones to lead with. I'm guessing they chose the Susan ones because they had a quote about her from WM so that could make her the focus of the story. And also, the quote is awesome! It's over! 

• Love 2

If all you have to say about a character is "she's still there" that's probably a good sign that character failed. She just stops any good story momentum dead in its tracks.

I am actually really curious what CP has to say about this role. She's kept a low profile on SM.

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

What if Susan is still around and "betrays" Oliver because he brings The Bratva to SC? 

That's a good idea! Or she does a report on a shadowy hacking group? OMG what if Susan is the head of Helix (Triple Swerve!)?

• Love 1
Just now, leopardprint said:

If all you have to say about a character is "she's still there" that's probably a good sign that character failed. 

Pretty much sums up Dinah, Susan, Wild Dog, Curtis, Billy when he was alive...

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

That's a good idea! Or she does a report on a shadowy hacking group? OMG what if Susan is the head of Helix (Triple Swerve!)?

No, no, no keep her as FAR away from Felicity's story as possible.

• Love 9

"Susan I was able to figure out that the only reason I even gave you a chance was because I was lonely. Your presence is no longer enough for me. If you had any ounce of dignity you'd walk away now before I just chose to ignore you all together.

Oh and losing your job wont even compare to what I am capable of if you even try to expose my secret. I'll also need to know the name of your PI"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

When she brings out the leather jacket, she's taking it personally.

Felicity in a leather jacket will probably be the closest she'll get to wearing a mask/suit on Arrow. We're going to get ninja hacker goddess Felicity two nights in a row! 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 16

I like that photo where it looks like Quentin might be threatening Chase. Quentin being protective of Oliver makes me go, "Aw."

Susan looks sad/dismayed. I'm okay with that.

• Love 10

"But for any couple that’s been through that kind of trauma – and trauma that, ultimately, Susan can trace back to Oliver in some ways – let’s just say that’s a tough thing to come back from.”

This quote, from the article posted above by Trisha, makes it sound like not only will Susan dump Oliver because she can't handle the danger of his life but like they are trying to set up some kind of comparison with Olicity. Like, "too tough for Susan not too tough for Felicity." If Oliver does break up with her, I hope there are no recycled Olicity lines about being out there happy and living life though I would die laughing if they use the lines he gave Laurel in the crossover.

• Love 5

The combination of the photos and WM quote makes me think that Oliver will dump Susan, but she will feel betrayed because he's basically going to ditch her right after everything she's gone through.  The only reason why Chase went after her was to taunt Oliver, so she might feel like she went through crap for nothing since Oliver's not even going to stick around to provide support/help her work through her issues.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 7

Even though it's always been the woman breaking up with Oliver, I don't see how they can avoid Oliver breaking up with her for her own safety unless she gets in there first.  I wonder if they'll have a line that she was looking for him while he was missing.

And how are Quentin and WD going to explain why the mayor was missing for a week?

LOL at the comments under the photo at TVLine.  All but one are "Why is Susan still here?"  Has any character been a more massive failure on this show?  Not even Poppy was this useless.

1 hour ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

If this were a different show I would assume Snoozen would try and expose Oliver's Bravta ties and would use the tattoo as "proof".  Of course it is now gone so she would look stupid and leave for good.

Good point that she can no longer expose him with the Bratva tattoo. I'm going to miss that tattoo, it was so pretty.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Still says, she's going to dump him, Oliver never dumps women. 

He did manage it with Felicity in season three after their date blew up.  That's what I expect, a "because of the life" type goodbye.

• Love 3

I just want Snoozan gone. At least with the FB chick last season I could ignore her because she was utterly useless. Snoozan grates on my nerves because her storyline doesn't make sense. Not with that setup. It's so frustrating because there's no real payoff. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just want them to stop wasting screen time on Susan.

I really do believe they thought they were writing a good character and people might be onboard for that storyline. They at least thought people would care about Oliver and his 'feelings' for Susan. I doubt they expected everyone and their mother to be like 'WTF' (excuse the language). 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

He did manage it with Felicity in season three after their date blew up.  That's what I expect, a "because of the life" type goodbye.

I disagree on that one. Felicity is the one that walked away. Oliver was going to put an end to their potential relationship, as Felicity overheard but, the way the scene played out, Felicity was the one to walk away.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I was thinking about the Team Arrow vs Team Felicity we have coming up, and how SA said they are both going after Chase but with different tactics. I'm wondering if her tactic is about trying to take Chase down without killing him? Oliver is definitely in the pro-kill category judging by next week's promo ("Star City will not be safe until Adrian Chase is in the ground and there's no price I won't pay"). Maybe Felicity finds out what Chase made Oliver reveal and she realizes one more kill would break him, so she's determined to find another way, even if it costs her. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Trisha said:

I was thinking about the Team Arrow vs Team Felicity we have coming up, and how SA said they are both going after Chase but with different tactics. I'm wondering if her tactic is about trying to take Chase down without killing him? Oliver is definitely in the pro-kill category judging by next week's promo ("Star City will not be safe until Adrian Chase is in the ground and there's no price I won't pay"). Maybe Felicity finds out what Chase made Oliver reveal and she realizes one more kill would break him, so she's determined to find another way, even if it costs her. 

And all that precipitates and forms part of them finally talking/confronting the issues between them in 5.20? Gimme!

Edited by lexicon
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

How are they selling Susan though? They're selling the breakup more than the character 

• Love 2

I would prefer Oliver to dump Snoozan just because of having to deal with her all season - give me something for having to put up with that storyline. 

I am interested to see how this Team Arrow vs Team Felicity will play out.  The last 2 ep have been good and I hope that continues.   I really hope these two knuckle heads hash things out once and for all.  My hope for the script isn't great but at least I know SA and EBR will knock it out of the park.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

How are they selling Susan though? They're selling the breakup more than the character 

I meant overall.

"All in", something in the earlier interviews about how it was real with Oliver and I thought there was a new quote from WM about how they liked the character and loved the actress. 

Pantry Moth seems to be either hated or no one cares so it's weird they keep flogging her relationship with Oliver in interviews.

6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I meant overall.

"All in", something in the earlier interviews about how it was real with Oliver and I thought there was a new quote from WM about how they liked the character and loved the actress. 

Pantry Moth seems to be either hated or no one cares so it's weird they keep flogging her relationship with Oliver in interviews.

I think the reason why they went all out on the promotion was because they wanted to sell Prometheus kidnapping her. That spectacularly failed though. 

And we all know what happened on screen. Oliver only went all in because he was lonely. And as suspected, Wendy's meaning of all in meant sex. 

What else are they supposed to say about the character and actress? They can't insult them or shade them. 

And again, she wasn't flogging the relationship in the interview? More the breakup than anything else. Regardless, when reporters ask about Susan, Wendy does have to respond so it's not like she brings Susan up willingly. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

Thanks @wonderwall! You've made me feel a bit better! I loathe that mean Cockroach more than most so I see her pictures and I rage!

No worries! 

Honestly, it looks like she's getting dumped in those photos more than anything else lol

10 hours ago, leopardprint said:

This quote, from the article posted above by Trisha, makes it sound like not only will Susan dump Oliver because she can't handle the danger of his life but like they are trying to set up some kind of comparison with Olicity. Like, "too tough for Susan not too tough for Felicity." 

I hope for this.  I mean, Oliver & Felicity went through the trauma of that limo shooting attack right after they got engaged and then Felicity's paralysis - and they managed to survive that trauma as an even stronger couple.  And Felicity's life has been in danger a lot of times due to her association with Oliver, but she's remained on the team.

8 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Is there any evidence Susan is in 5x19? 

519 shooting dates were February 22-March 3, 2017.

On Feb. 28, 2017, in response to question of whether Carly Pope was still shooting Arrow, papp tweeted: "Yes." (pursuit23 tweet, page 54 of Spoilers thread and page 1387 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I'm 95% convinced that it'll be Oliver who dumps Susan. I can't imagine them making Susan break up with Oliver after a week of torture. She looked more concerned than pissed in the photos so yeah... I don't think she instigates the breakup. 

I also don't think that Oliver will tell Susan about the torture. He'll probably come up with some lie that drives her away. 

10 hours ago, leopardprint said:

This quote, from the article posted above by Trisha, makes it sound like not only will Susan dump Oliver because she can't handle the danger of his life but like they are trying to set up some kind of comparison with Olicity. Like, "too tough for Susan not too tough for Felicity."

I wouldn't mind this parallel at all. I also wouldn't mind Susan dumping Oliver for fandom reasons lol Only because I know that Oliver's heart was never really in that relationship. 

44 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Come to think of it, the press release for 518 says "Felicity learns something shocking at Helix" not about, so that could mean that through their resources she finds out what Oliver said to Chase and figure that killing him is what Chase would want and that they have to go about this another way. Meanwhile, Oliver has seen how completely crazy Chase is and seen that he's crazy enough to keep coming back after them (after making not so subtle threats towards Felicity and his son) unless he's dead. Then you've got two different tactics that are not only different as mere tactics, but also completely different in motivation (Oliver now believes he's a monster who enjoyed killing and wants to completely eliminate a threat against those he cares about no matter what, Felicity is hell-bent on revenge against Chase-which could just be revenge and not death- but ultimately cares more about Oliver's well-being).

However, since Oliver and Felicity won't completely talk with each other just yet, neither completely know/understand the other's motives (plot for 520), so they're just stubborn in their own ways of solving the problem (plot for 519) because each of their ways of approaching the problem would ultimately serve to help the other (Oliver, even at this point, just wants his loved ones safe from him and from Chase, Felicity wants Chase stopped and wants Oliver to be ok). 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Yeah, I think if Susan breaks up with him because as WM said she's gone through a "trauma that, ultimately, Susan can trace back to Oliver in some ways" than that's a clear comparison to Felicity. Prometheus manipulated Oliver into killing her boyfriend and Felicity didn't blame him for a second and stayed by his side; Prometheus kidnaps Susan and she immediately peaces out. 

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Considering Chase loves to say he's so many steps ahead of Oliver, could he have planned on Oliver calling the Bratva for help next? 

Since Chase was the one who brought up that Oliver had a Bratva tattoo at the end of 517, I'm thinking yes, but I think he's also planning on whatever the consequences are by calling them in (something happening to the city, further alienation of Oliver from his friends. etc.).

• Love 1

Oliver and Susan should have broken up before she was kidnapped in 516. They show her considering doing the story on him, she gets kidnapped, he rescues her and she decides not to. Boom, done with story and Susan, goes with their stupid caring nonsense and doesn't kill the momentum they've finally gotten going. 

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Since Chase was the one who brought up that Oliver had a Bratva tattoo at the end of 517, I'm thinking yes, but I think he's also planning on whatever the consequences are by calling them in (something happening to the city, further alienation of Oliver from his friends. etc.).

Perhaps Chase will intimidate Susan into releasing her Bratva information on Oliver. He might try to get the Bratva to turn on Oliver as well. Also couldn't Lyla just have Chase assassinated? Is that why she shows up?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Perhaps Chase will intimidate Susan into releasing her Bratva information on Oliver.

Wasn't there a quote about Susan being a reporter maybe being part of the reason she was kidnapped? Maybe that'll come into play in her remaining episodes? Or it'll just end up being yet another thing mentioned in an interview that never happens onscreen. 

5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

They're currently shooting 521, so they must've written 523 already, right? Or are they still tinkering with it?...

he probably hasn't read it yet but will know how the episode goes down since he also mentioned in another interview that they film almost the entire episode on location.

• Love 1

Hmmm...WM is playing up the "friendship" angle when talking about Olicity reconnecting. Maybe they build towards it for season six but the actual reunion doesn't happen this year? Hopefully this is more about trying to tease the audience though.

"We said at the beginning of the season that we were going to play everything by ear and see where the characters took us," Mericle says. "I think there's going to be a natural coming back together at the end of this season on a friendship basis because they've both been through such horrible things."

I'll go with Stephen's words about them finding their way back to each other and I don't think that's friendship. Because although they arent as close as they used to be they're still friends and still talk so what would be different now. So yes she's keeping it less spoilery.

• Love 6

Isn't that what they've been selling all year though? That they are "mature", "adult", "friends". I guess Oliver could explicitly state he wants to get back together and Felicity says she's not quite there yet. 

ETA: OMG, not only do they not watch the show they don't talk to each other either?

"When we broke them up in Episode 415 last year, we always had a plan," Marc Guggenheim says.

"We said at the beginning of the season that we were going to play everything by ear and see where the characters took us," Mericle says.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8