Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I actually think that Talia's thinking aligns closely to her father's.  I think Ra's believed in replacing evil with death.  He liked Hood Oliver (who Talia created) because he killed people he thought were bad.

In S2, Oliver stopped killing which went against that philosophy.  Maybe Talia believes that Oliver has strayed too far because of his attachments to his team, so she created a second Hood, conveniently finding crazy vengeful Prometheus that she could easily manipulate.    

Ra's had said that Oliver Queen is a man destined to be alone.  He wanted Oliver to destroy his home city to eliminate his attachments, but that didn't work.  Instead, Talia is using a different method to mentally break him down and eliminate his attachments by using Prometheus to isolate Oliver  from the ones he loves (i.e. Thea, Felicity, the team).  Thea has left.  Felicity has Helix.  Oliver cannot be the GA because GA is hunted down by the city.  

Maybe Talia's endgame is to create the next Ra's to continue her father's work in bringing balance to the world, but she needs to him to be broken enough to listen to her, but not crazy unstable like Prometheus.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Some of my least favorite as well.  

Ok I'll confess I loved loved loved the LoA fics! Especially the one by supersillydorky06!

So you see why s3 was good times for me!

Edited by Mellowyellow
30 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ok I'll confess I loved loved loved the LoA fics! Especially the one by supersillydorky06!

So you see why s3 was good times for me!

I'm thinking in particular of a few that had Oliver commit to the LoA lifestyle and Felicity join him to the point of hating him if he showed any compassion or kindness.  

I would be extremely happy if Arrow could forget that the LOA ever existed and I never ever saw anyone from that damned group ever again. I don't mind Nyssa popping in maybe once a season as long as she stops calling Oliver "husband." Talia is not doing anything for me even though I've enjoyed Lexa in past roles. If she has her own agenda, good. But for the love of Lazarus Pits, I hope that blasted group never gets resurrected. And they can take Malcolm with them.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Is this a set? And if so, what is it? It's definitely during filming because EK is in the same outfit as he is here. My first thought is Argus. My second thought is, so EBR and SA will also have scenes with other actors in 520? I'm almost sad about it.

Just now, bijoux said:

Is this a set? And if so, what is it? It's definitely during filming because EK is in the same outfit as he is here. My first thought is Argus. My second thought is, so EBR and SA will also have scenes with other actors in 520? I'm almost sad about it.

My first thought was Argus too, but I thought it was weird that EK would take a photo that EBR took instead of, you know, take a photo with/of her (but that  might be looking far too into it). Although I think it might be just EBR who's interacting with people in 520 and it might be  just a limited episode (pseudo bottle for him, if his only scenes are in the bunker in the past/presnt with EBR) for SA since he left to go do American Ninja Warrior right before Fraturday.  

5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I don't think that's filming EK wore the same outfit in his Boys Night Out picture. 

Was it ever confirmed that the reporter is kidnapped for more than one episode, or was that just spec? (Also, I enjoy that almost every reply to this tweet is a sarcastic comment about Oliver's "we have to find Susan" line.)

That is not the elevator shaft stunt that I wished for, show! *Humph*

I'm kidding.

Kinda.

No, actually I'm not. LOL.

I will laugh if O/F are stuck in the elevator though and it gets them talking. I love trope-y things like that. 

Aren't there multiple entrances into the bunker or am I remembering it incorrectly?  I think in the original design of the bunker, the car/bike were on the same floor as the computers.  I'm thinking that even if the elevator isn't working, there's at least that entrance where the cars/bikes come in, so I'm thinking they aren't stuck in the bunker...it's most likely the elevator.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3

I almost hope that Prometheus attacks the bunker somehow if only because he obviously knows where it is from Evelyn and all he's done is what, send BS in there pretending to be Laurel? 

ETA: This is more of a general observation than 520-specific. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
5 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Aren't there multiple entrances into the bunker or am I remembering it incorrectly?  I'm thinking that even if the elevator isn't working, there's at least that entrance where the cars/bikes come in, so I'm thinking they aren't stuck in the bunker...it's most likely the elevator.

Yeah. I was thinking stuck due to an electrical malfunction or something that would've made it impossible for them to get out regardless (since I'm guessing none of their entrances have keys), but an elevator seems likely. It'd be helpful to know if the dimly lit scene happened in the past or present, since I think Ken Pursuit said they're stuck in the bunker - maybe that's the past since the sex scene takes place then too. 

I love the trapped in a room and must deal with all our issues trope. (My OTP on General Hospital got trapped in an elevator. It was awesome.)

I can see the getting stuck leading to flashbacks leading to hashing everything out. Meanwhile, the noobs are trying to rescue them. 

• Love 14

Damn, I wished I had called this. A few weeks ago I was trying to think of tropes we haven't seen done and trapped together was the first thing that came to mind.  They used it back in season two with LL and GA but they were actually separated ("I'm trapped, it's getting really hard to breath!")

If they're trapped in the bunker it has to be due to some kind of power outage or an explosion that pins them in (no, not like Tommy) because there are other exits besides the elevator. We've seen Quentin drive his car into the garage and there are stairs back in the corner (OSHA approved!).

If they are actually trapped in their own elevator, I might have to laugh.

16 minutes ago, finnaire said:

If they are actually trapped in their own elevator, I might have to laugh.

Imagine if they're trapped in their own elevator because Prometheus has also found a way to override their security system. (Perhaps with Helix's help if Helix is evil?) The team can't keep anyone out of the bunker - they changed the codes after finding out Evelyn betrayed them and Black Siren still got in and no one has even mentioned the fact that Prometheus has to know where the bunker is and bad guys just walk in whenever they want - but a villain can find a way to keep them in.

I just get so annoyed about the security (or rather, lack of) for all these superhero bases. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

Getting trapped in the elevator will be funny purely because Oliver is strong enough to climb through the top and get them out. So if they end up in there longer than necessary...haha.

Unless he's injured and he can't manage it. IDK. Isn't Oliver supposed to injured again soon? I vaguely remember something about that but IDK if the episodes match up. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

Getting trapped in the elevator will be funny purely because Oliver is strong enough to climb through the top and get them out. So if they end up in there longer than necessary...haha.

Unless he's injured and he can't manage it. IDK. Isn't Oliver supposed to injured again soon? I vaguely remember something about that but IDK if the episodes match up. 

He's supposed to have what looks like a bullet wound in 517, so yeah doesn't match up, unless Oliver just says it hurts *wink wink*.

• Love 4

I'll probably enjoy trapped in the elevator specs tomorrow. As it is, I'm chafing that Curtis and Rene are in the Olicity elevator shaft. Get out of their shaft, you pesky kids!

I think it would be hilarious if they're trapped in the elevator just because none of them is an elevator mechanic and they obviously can't just hire one to come in for basic elevator maintenance. 

Maybe Curtis was supposed to be in charge of that and Rene convinced him to let the elevator 'break' just when Oliver and Felicity happened to be in it so mom and dad would get back together. I can see Rene as a meddling matchmaker. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Belinea said:

So, if the Arrow finale is on May 24th... Will they be off again for 2-3 weeks in April? 

Ugh... the wait for 520 is going to be so, so long. 

Rene, to me, so far hasn't shown he's given a crap about Oliver or Felicity much less their relationship... So IDK if I see him as a meddler in that sense. 

I'd much rather they get stuck without anyone's doing except for maybe Prommy (who wants them to get together only to rip them apart to fuck with Oliver some more maybe). 

• Love 1

Does Rene even know Oliver and Felicity were together? 

If Prometheus is involved at all, he might not know Oliver and Felicity are both there? His goal might be to trap Oliver while something else is happening so Oliver is stuck unable to do something about it, but surprise! Felicity's there too. 

57 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Rene, to me, so far hasn't shown he's given a crap about Oliver or Felicity much less their relationship... So IDK if I see him as a meddler in that sense. 

I'd much rather they get stuck without anyone's doing except for maybe Prommy (who wants them to get together only to rip them apart to fuck with Oliver some more maybe). 

I can see him doing it because he was bored and it seemed like a good idea. 

I don't know why, but in my head, Rene is a secret romantic celebrity shipper. It amuses me. 

• Love 1

KP says KC will "most likely" be back for one of the last episodes (22,23). I figured to wrap up the five years (how or why no clue) at first. But then I thought maybe that was the little bit of Flashpoint SA was talking about. Or, and this is the long shot IMO, to pass on the Black Canary name to Dinah.

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KP says KC will "most likely" be back for one of the last episodes (22,23). I figured to wrap up the five years (how or why no clue) at first. But then I thought maybe that was the little bit of Flashpoint SA was talking about. Or, and this is the long shot IMO, to pass on the Black Canary name to Dinah.

I can't imagine Tinah having visions of Laurel and I can't see why Oliver would need one since he's already fine with making her the new BC.  Maybe they'll send Quentin out in a blaze of glory, seeing his daughters' faces flash before his eyes and Laurel there to tell him to go to the light.  :(

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

This isn't necessary.  Honesty, this season has been enough of a mishmash, I don't need this.  I don't want this.  I strongly desire not to have this.  You owe me, Santa. 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Do you think he knows things or is he speculating? Why can't LL just leave? How many times do we have to wrap up her story??

tumblr_mbuw8bHdGQ1r2uh0vo1_500.gif

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I can't imagine Tinah having visions of Laurel and I can't see why Oliver would need one since he's already fine with making her the new BC.  Maybe they'll send Quentin out in a blaze of glory, seeing his daughters' faces flash before his eyes and Laurel there to tell him to go to the light.  :(

I only tossed that out because Tinah hasn't been named yet and ethere is some precedent to Canaries passing the mask.

Im assuming he knows something but he wasn't for sure so there's a chance he is wrong. I checked around a couple KC twitters and she told a fan at a Con she couldn't talk about Arrow, which means nothing so I have no clue.

I see no reason for her to come back at all. I was annoyed at first but in a weird way I find it kind of funny now. At the start of the season, comic fans were all happy KC was coming back and now I don't think they care at all. Cause they love the new season and Tinah is totes the the real, bestest BC and its like they suddenly remember how awful Laurel was. The only people who would be excited would be KC fans, who should know at this point they probably won't be happy with whatever they do with KC/Laurel but they have nothing else to get excited about because KC is just playing with her cat and gaming live cause I'm assuming she couldn't get a pilot. Everything about KC/Laurel is a mess. And I just find that funny. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm hoping if Katie is coming back to close the circle on the five years on the island storyline, and that's it.  They can have a shot of her watching Oliver's rescue on TV and I'll be good. 

Yeah, that's where my mind went to first, something at the end of the five years ago flashbacks. Though BS is a solid possibility as well.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Chaser said:

I wonder what they are going to find down when they get down there...?

"Shhhhh Curtis, what's that noise? Is that music?............."

"yeah, I think it is.........hang on, why are they playing Barry White?"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MaisyDaisy said:

"Shhhhh Curtis, what's that noise? Is that music?............."

"yeah, I think it is.........hang on, why are they playing Barry White?"

And after they break into the main level of the bunker, Curtis and Rene find the same flashing message on all the monitors.  "Do Not Disturb"   And thus wisely, they do not go down to the training/living quarters level.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Chaser said:

I am generally not opposed to bringing back dead characters for cameos, but in the case of Laurel/KC, they are simply doing it way too often and it makes her appearances less special. Moira died in 2x20 and we didn't see her again until the 100th episode this season. That's a gap of nearly 3 years, but then Susanna Thompson doesn't appear to be the kind of actor who gladly takes every little scrap these writers throw at her - unlike KC, who seems to come back for everything, no matter how insulting it is. 

• Love 11