Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Hmm. For some reason that makes me think the sex is a flashback scene now. IDK why. But even a flashback scene has to play into the present day so I'll take it.

I thought flashback when I read it too. If that is the case, I can see the post sex conversation being about how nothing has changed between them (mostly from Felicitys POV). That segues into a present day conversation where they reconcile.

I think they are putting everything in one big Olicity episode.

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I thought flashback when I read it too. If that is the case, I can see the post sex conversation being about how nothing has changed between them (mostly from Felicitys POV). That segues into a present day conversation where they reconcile.

I think they are putting everything in one big Olicity episode.

Hopefully. As long as it means good things - and actual conversation (that's the important thing) - for Oliver and Felicity in the present, I think I'll be happy whether the sex is FB or present. 

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Normally you get one during longer breaks, post Feb Sweeps, Spring, etc. This year there's only a week break between 15 and 16, not worth a sizzle reel.

It could happen during the break between episode 18 and 19. They've taken at least two weeks off then too. In season 3, they released an extended trailer right before that break, but they didn't in season 4. So it's a toss up.

Plus....not for nothing.....I took a script writing class one time.... My instructor said that only 80% script actually gets filmed usually ends up, and 30% of that will get changed on the fly during filming, and then more ends up on the cutting room floor...... Most of the time 50-60% of the original script ends up on screen.

So I would hate to have my hopes up,  only to find stuff was edited out.

15 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It could happen during the break between episode 18 and 19. They've taken at least two weeks off then too. In season 3, they released an extended trailer right before that break, but they didn't in season 4. So it's a toss up.

Yes it could happen later in the season

I was just responding to why we didn't get one this time around.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Either way we're getting some pretty sexy gifs from 520. I expect @Soulfire to post them as soon as they're made. Haha.

Also cautiously hoping this might bring OlicityQueen back.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

In s3 we got one promo for paley and one for the last 5 episodes. 

I expect there will be something for PaleyFest. We also got a sizzle reel one year during LoTs NYCC (October).

I think PaleyFest would be EPs produced not network

I saw a call sheet for 5x13-and the scene where they filmed the WD flashback in the Ramirez home says FBN1-so that means it's flashback filmed during the night. So yes the call sheets do say flashback on it. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I saw a call sheet for 5x13-and the scene where they filmed the WD flashback in the Ramirez home says FBN1-so that means it's flashback filmed during the night. So yes the call sheets do say flashback on it. 

According to KP, they don't always label it as such. I think that's why it's been so vague because people don't actually know since it's not labelled. 

(edited)
5 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

According to KP, they don't always label it as such. I think that's why it's been so vague because people don't actually know since it's not labelled. 

He also said:

Which says a lot considering he knows a lot more about what's happening on the show than any of us. And I think it would be kind of short sighted to think that a flashback sex scene won't lead to anything in the present (not that I'm saying you are saying that).

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I definitely will. In the name of Science! 

Fuck yeah, Science. I love Science!

Edited by Guest

If Reporter is still filming, are they doing to pull a Jello with Oliver? I hope she turns on him just so her character has some point and he ends it. I'm kind of over how passive Oliver is in his romantic relationships. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Didn't she give her reason when she joined? Something about not wanting to get burned when she fought fire with fire, and wanted the Helix team behind her? If anything, it seemed to me she was motivated by Digg's speech to her. 

Maybe once she gets a better idea of what they do, or what they want from her, she wouldn't want to go through with joining up. But she does because of Oliver for whatever reason--it may not even be an imminent or new problem. Just his identity, or a vague threat related to William, or whatever else.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Maybe once she gets a better idea of what they do, or what they want from her, she wouldn't want to go through with joining up. But she does because of Oliver for whatever reason--it may not even be an imminent or new problem. Just his identity, or a vague threat related to William, or any number of things.

Yes she joined, but they are going to make her do something for them before they will continue to help..... my guess is that it will be sketchy and dangerous....and ultimately what swings her decision is saving Oliver.

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

For clarification, do we know if the scene is being shot on a closed set, or is that just speculation?

I think it's just speculation. Sounds like KP and CG got their info from a callsheet, so everyone's speculating about what could have been listed on it that made them so mad...

49 minutes ago, YonkouProductions said:

Damn, everyone is going wild over a call sheet. Its going to be a long month...

How do we buy you out and have you give all the exclusives first to this forum instead of the reddit one? Lets talk business,lmao.

• Love 10

Gotta say you guys have been keeping me thoroughly entertained the past few days so thanks for that.  I love that everyone is so excited which is a welcome change from the reaction to the crapfest writing this season.  I'm still pissed by how nonsensical the show has been this year so my show hiatus stands but even I might have to tune into this episode just to admire the pretty.  Here's hoping the writers don't screw up the one thing that is seemingly giving people something to look forward to.  Can wait to read everyone's reactions regardless.

• Love 5

I am going to go with flashback love/sex scene.  From the end of S4 to 5.02 it was just Oliver & Felicity in the bunker.  UST is running high because they are alone working together all the time.  Maybe some Russian vodka and mistakes are made (paraphrasing SA).  Oliver would be fine the next day but Felicity is probably running scared.  Tells him a mistake was made.  It's not happening again.  So she looks for a life outside the bunker.  Meets Billy somewhere (coffee shop?) and jumps into a relationship.  Sort of like how Oliver got involved with Susan because it was easy.  She was pursuing him.

Felicity couldn't say what she had with Billy was real.  She could barely call him her boyfriend in 5.09.  If one of the main reasons for getting involved with Billy was so she didn't have to deal with her feelings about Oliver, wouldn't she feel guilty about his death?  I thought WM said she was still mourning Billy in 5.20 which makes sense in this context to me.  Another poster said WM said it was done by 5.20; another said before. I can't find the article I read so I don't know anymore. Felicity acknowledging that she's not over Oliver and doesn't want to be is a major step in a reconciliation process.

Billy represented a physical barrier even when Oliver didn't know about him.  In 5A the physical distance between Oliver and Felicity was noticeable.  Since Billy's been gone so is some of O&F's distance.  In 5.11 there is a small hand touch.  In 5.12 she runs into his arms when the bomb goes off.  In 5.14 when he gets in her face about the laptop she (almost) touches him briefly like she would have when they were together.  After he makes her feel awkward in 5.15 she still tells him he's a hero.

Flashback sex has it's pluses. Sex in the bunker without fear of interruption. A kiss while he's in the Arrow suit.  Twitter has been asking for those for a while. It could happen in the present too but I think less likely to be in the bunker.

I think it's possible Felicity does join Helix to save Oliver.  It was set up in 5.15.  She followed Diggle's advice and told Oliver what she provided Thea with so he stopped that scheme.  Joining Helix happened because her friend (Oliver) almost died.  He didn't because he had a team.  A team to back you up is a good thing.  Sounds like Felicity is willing to get burned if it means she can protect Oliver.   

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm cautiously optimistic about 520... I say "cautiously" because I don't want to be disappointed.

Here are the WM and SA quotes that were referenced upthread:

-- On Oliver & Felicity, WM: "Now, they’re working together in the context of not knowing what their future is, romantically. ... I think both sides provide — having them together and apart —  certain types of storytelling opportunities. This season has certainly given us different ones. But I think ultimate the key thing, and I think is true for so many series, especially ones where you’ve been fortunate enough to go to 100 episodes and beyond, that you have that central core relationship and as writers you have that opportunity to explore it. And you can take it many different directions. We definitely have some ideas about where we’re headed in Season 6. We’ll see where that goes." (Dec. 19, 2016 Blastr article, page 50 of Spoilers thread)

-- SA: "Flashpoint, uh, does affect Season 5 of Arrow. In, um, a subtle way at the beginning and maybe more at the end. And you'll get it - um, episodes 3, 4, 5-ish." (HVFF-San Jose, Aug. 28, 2016: Video of full SA panel, page 1 of Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I am going to go with flashback love/sex scene.  From the end of S4 to 5.02 it was just Oliver & Felicity in the bunker.  UST is running high because they are alone working together all the time.  Maybe some Russian vodka and mistakes are made (paraphrasing SA).  Oliver would be fine the next day but Felicity is probably running scared.  Tells him a mistake was made.  It's not happening again.  So she looks for a life outside the bunker.  Meets Billy somewhere (coffee shop?) and jumps into a relationship.  Sort of like how Oliver got involved with Susan because it was easy.  She was pursuing him.

I love this. They slip up over the summer and Oliver thinks it means they're going to get back together but Felicity recognizes none of their underlying trust issues have changed so she charges full-steam ahead with Billy. It would explain her behavior in 5A - because as much as Oliver seems like a pod person now, she did too at the beginning of the season.

Then in the present, they have a conversation about how they were both so desperate to make it work with a "normal" person outside of the team (in fact, Oliver was so desperate that it kind of turned him into a jerk), but neither one could. It gives them a chance to be honest with each other and start communicating again, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're rushing into a reunion. It'll definitely put them on the right path for the season finale though.

If they go this route, I'd be much more inclined to believe this was part of a bigger season-long plan rather than "oh crap, we're getting 0.5s. Let's stick 'em back together!" 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If they go this route, I'd be much more inclined to believe this was part of a bigger season-long plan rather than "oh crap, we're getting 0.5s. Let's stick 'em back together!" 

No doubt they only decided to put them back together 2 weeks ago. Come on.

• Love 7
(edited)

If SA spoiled both killing Mayo and FB sexytimes, clearly, I'm going to have to pay attention to him at Comic Con this year to prepare myself for S6. 

While I'd be slightly irritated if we get FB sex but present status quo, I do think Olicity is starting the process of being reunited. (And it feels so good.)

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 12

You can currently see Dolph Lundgren playing a Deep South demon-hunter in director Mike Mendez’s horror-comedy Don’t Kill It (in theaters and on VOD/iTunes right now). And soon you’ll be able to see a whole lot more of the Rocky IV action star, who tells EW that he has plans to return to both Arrow — on which he plays the villainous Konstantin Kovar — and The Expendables movie series.

“I’m going back at the end of the season,” says Lundgren of Arrow. “I’m doing three more [episodes], trying to work it in somehow.”

He adds, “I have a lot of fun, because my character talks quite a bit, which is nice, and he’s kind of comedic.”

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

While I'd be slightly irritated if we get FB sex but present status quo, I do think Olicity is starting the process of being reunited. (And it feels so good.)

I'm just running with the idea that they wouldn't show us flashback sexy times for no reason. Fingers crossed, anyway! :)

I can't believe that Olicity are going to simultaneously have sex in both present and flashback. Yay.

Im not going to read into it being flash back sex based on vague info from the sources it's coming from when this person has manipulated the truth to suit an agenda in the past anyway. *shrug* 

KP and CG throwing it out there is because they just don't want Olicity fans to have nice things that even they aren't putting much though into it being a flashback. They seem resigned to it probably being in the present.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm just running with the idea that they wouldn't show us flashback sexy times for no reason. Fingers crossed, anyway! :)

Agreed! It only makes sense for them to even go there if it reflects what's happening in the present, right? (But if not and he's still with Susan in 520 then I might flip a table...)

• Love 4

If it is a S4 flashback, what could it show that we don't already know? If it is a flashback between S4 and S5, that shows them having trust issues afterwards, I'd take it but I guess I was so surprised after the boyfriend reveal, that I'd have an even more difficult time believing that Felicity would be so hung up on this guy she met over the break. (Maybe it was reactionary but to be honest, I don't care.) Also whose flashback would it be? 

Let's just stay, I'd prefer present but flashback is better than nothing at all.

Still, maybe I do remember it wrong because WM's interviews made me so irrationally upset but didn't she say at one point that Oliver and Felicity cleared the air during the summer, so they wouldn't have to show that... or something of that sort

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Still, maybe I do remember it wrong because WM's interviews made me so irrationally upset but didn't she say at one point that Oliver and Felicity cleared the air during the summer, so they wouldn't have to show that... or something of that sort

Wendy Marc and Stephen all said some variation of Oliver and Felicity having the can we still work together talk off screen and yes they implied it happened off screen so that the premiere played more realistically. 

I mean if it's flash back sex I won't say no. But I don't get how it would explain the way Oliver and Felicity interacted with one another in the first episodes of the season or why Oliver wouldn't bring it up when they had their talk in 5x05. But time will tell.

Im still on team present day sex till further notice. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm on team 'I have no idea what's happening or when but sex.' It's a good team. ;P

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I mean if it's flash back sex I won't say no. But I don't get how it would explain the way Oliver and Felicity interacted with one another in the first episodes of the season or why Oliver wouldn't bring it up when they had their talk in 5x05. But time will tell.

Maybe they didn't decide there was summer sex until after writing/filming 5x05? 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe they didn't decide there was summer sex until after writing/filming 5x05

It wouldn't surprise me.

What makes me question the FB thing is that I don't see why one would need it? What do we need to see them have sex during the summer? I mean, I get that it might be trip down memory lane and you might see how they ended up where they are now but does the viewer need it? We already have 20 episodes at this point. If it is a flashback is it supposed to show us what went wrong in the summer and how we ended up here and they need to change something now?

I am confused once again but I am glad that they include it one way or the other.

Also Felicity having to save Oliver might be that Helix won't help with helping her until she does something for them. 

Edited by Belinea
6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Hmm. For some reason that makes me think the sex is a flashback scene now. IDK why. But even a flashback scene has to play into the present day so I'll take it.

We know they are filming a flashback which includes Oliver's old sleeveless suit so I'm going to assume flashback sex so as not to be disappointed.  As long as whatever happens in the FB prompts or reflects them in the present moving forward in their relationship back to each other, I can handle waiting til the end of the season for an official reconciliation.   Need to keep expectations low.

• Love 2

I am good with either flashback or present day.  If flashback, I need it to translate to some forward movement in present day. A flashback MIGHT provide us with a Felicity POV for S5 which is what I would really like.

Unless SA was just playing around with the S4 suit we do appear to be getting some sort of recent flashback.

• Love 3
(edited)

Since - per the paps - they weren't filming *the* Olicity scene in question yesterday, maybe the suit scene is the flashback scene that ties into the present sex scene in the bunker.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

I heard that apparently Susan/Oliver won't be an item for a couple of episodes before the Olicity sex... So even if she is still around, she won't be the one killing Oliver's character lol

But Ken used to love to spill when she is in the episode. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

I heard that apparently Susan/Oliver won't be an item for a couple of episodes before the Olicity sex... So even if she is still around, she won't be the one killing Oliver's character lol

I feel like Susan won't be able to look at Oliver, let alone date him after being kidnapped..... so essentially their relationship is rather over since she has been kidnapped.