Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah I don't think I've ever seen less buzz for arrow for a midseason premiere.Very different from previous seasons.  It probably doesn't help that the whole episode basically leaked on reddit and they spoiled an already imo lame cliffhanger in the promos. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Seriously....crickets....

If this forum is any indication, than ratings aren't going to be pretty come Wednesday.

I don't know what the ratings will be but, it's doubtful that this one board is an indication of Arrow's ratings.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I think chatter might have dwindled because real life is super weird right now and people are engaging with that, but there haven't been many surprises in returning shows' ratings. I figure it's unlikely that Arrow is gonna be the one show to fall off the curve.

• Love 4

It doesn't help that those spoilers from Reddit were posted which essentially told everyone what was gonna happen in 510. What can you really discuss if you already know the outcome?

I doubt ratings will be affected. They'll probably be exactly what they've been all season. I think that's just their norm now.

I think the ratings for 511 might be more telling. I'm sure there are people who haven't seen the Reddit leak or maybe even the promos, but once everyone sees it's Black Siren and not Laurel alive again and Tina is seen onscreen - with a metahuman canary cry - that could change things. 

Wait, so Prometheus is definitely that guy's son? Well, that's boring. I really hope Talia's the mastermind behind this. Otherwise? Disappointed. (Maybe I wouldn't have been if the S1 flashbacks in 509 hadn't been new but had actually been part of season 1.) 

I do have to say I'm tentatively excited for Diggle's arc (and really hope it doesn't disappoint). 

I'm surprised that they didn't want to keep it secret that Tina's coming in at the end of 510. I would've thought they would've wanted that to be some big surprise moment. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
(edited)

My Prometheus theory still works, Pike FTW!

I still think they find out about Susan during 12 or 14. The ultimate question is, what happens after it's revealed.

I'm going to LMAO when it's revealed that Tina is the bestest Black Canary eva! Dollar to donuts Tina as BC is a total WB push.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Wait, so Prometheus is definitely that guy's son? Well, that's boring. I really hope Talia's the mastermind behind this. Otherwise? Disappointed. (Maybe I wouldn't have been if the S1 flashbacks in 509 hadn't been new but had actually been part of season 1.) 

I do have to say I'm tentatively excited for Diggle's arc (and really hope it doesn't disappoint). 

I'm surprised that they didn't want to keep it secret that Tina's coming in at the end of 510. I would've thought they would've wanted that to be some big surprise moment. 

I'm surprised by the Prometheus news too.  "[Oliver] learned that Prometheus obviously was Justin Claybourne’s illegitimate son" sounds pretty definitive.

Also interesting that MG made a point of saying the casting breakdown for Tina shouldn't be trusted. I'm not sure how much I believe him yet, but they're clearly aware of the spec/concerns surrounding that character.

So Diggle is off to Russia in 511, and his storyline with the evil general gets resolved in 512. Does this mean that they spring him out in 511, or rather that he's legally released in 511, but the general thing unveils further and intersects with other storylines, including Felicity, in 512. Could this mean that he could be one of the new people Felicity turns to in her quest against Prometheus? Best part of that, though, is an OTA scene if I read the answer right. And possibly a meaningful one to boot. Yay.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, that's lame unless the son is really Pike or maybe Lance's oldPartner played by Roger Cross or was he killed off?

Killed by Cyrus Gold.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If I remember the reddit spoilers correctly, isn't MG basically saying that in the last scene of the episode, the woman at the bar with the sonic scream is Tina?

For some reason when I first read the comments about Tina in that interview, I thought, "Yep, she's connected to Rene and he doesn't want to say it." 

Just now, bijoux said:

So Diggle is off to Russia in 511, and his storyline with the evil general gets resolved in 512. Does this mean that they spring him out in 511, or rather that he's legally released in 511, but the general thing unveils further and intersects with other storylines, including Felicity, in 512. Could this mean that he could be one of the new people Felicity turns to in her quest against Prometheus? Best part of that, though, is an OTA scene if I read the answer right. And possibly a meaningful one to boot. Yay.

I'm thinking released by the end of 511, maybe at least part of the reason for going to Russia in 512 is the General? (I just hope it's that and/or they have more than one reason to take the entire team to Russia because otherwise, a) why? and b) why would Tina fly out of the country with people she just met?) 

But yeah, OTA scene sounds very, very promising. Hopefully a sign of things to come in 5B. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

If I remember the reddit spoilers correctly, isn't MG basically saying that in the last scene of the episode, the woman at the bar with the sonic scream is Tina?

Yep, pretty much. I feel like they might as well release a photo of Tina as BC at this point. (Didn't they release photos of LL as BC and Ray as The Atom quite a bit in advance of those episodes?) 

18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yep, pretty much. I feel like they might as well release a photo of Tina as BC at this point. (Didn't they release photos of LL as BC and Ray as The Atom quite a bit in advance of those episodes?) 

I don't remember about Ray, but IIRC, the Laurel as BC pics were put out because a pic of the stunt double in the new BC costume got leaked.

41 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

According to this article, photos of the ATOM suit got released right before Feb sweeps and it debuted onscreen in the last sweeps episode.

I wonder how they're gonna make Tina's BC outfit different to the others? Just say no to buckles, Tina!

I'm basically only tuning in for Felicity's arc now so I hope it's as good as it sounds. I actually can't believe that article didn't make me want to punch something. Haha. But I'm sure looking forward to when Felicity does! *Pow*

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

They were forced to release the LL as BC pics early because of the BTS photo posted by a cameraman that had a Stunt Woman dressed up as a new BC. As such we got the KC/BC stills released over winter break instead of right before her debut

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

They're probably going to wait until she gets a suit. There's no way we're not getting one if she's new BC.

I know there must have been tons of discussion about Tina as BC these last days, so sorry for rehashing this - but I just had to laugh when I read Wendy's comments on how they can't tell Green Arrow's story without BC. Ok then, haha.

I wish I hadn't read the reddit spoiler, now I'm even less excited for the show. 

Marc again pointing out how those sides were fake with Tina. So far all we know that still holds is that her name is Tina. We know the team recruits her and she supposedly has the sonic scream (still to be proven). The alley thing isn't a big deal, basically everyone ends up in an alley on Arrow.  I am guessing her being a marine, looking for someone named Carlos and Oliver having heart eyes for her is the parts we are unsure about. 

• Love 2

Having read the interview now, episode 12 sounds like a doozy. I'm actually excited to see Diggle and Felicitys reaction to Olivers don't be me speech. I'm thinking Diggle will see the light but Felicity will carry on crossing moral lines until later on in the season where she has her seen the light moment. 

I like that Marc pointed out once again that casting sides are fake but his answer was a little vague in the wanting the audience to make up their own mind about Tina part.

It wasn't the Tina and Oliver are absolutely not boinking answer Id prefer to shut down the rumours once and for all haha but I think it's as close to as we are going to get from Marc.

Im still not discounting that Tina is being romantically set up for Wild Dog or even Adrian Chase. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My Prometheus theory still works, Pike FTW!

I still think they find out about Susan during 12 or 14. The ultimate question is, what happens after it's revealed.

I'm going to LMAO when it's revealed that Tina is the bestest Black Canary eva! Dollar to donuts Tina as BC is a total WB push.

Pike is my current fav theory but I'm starting to wonder if he's too old to be Claybourne's son.  Maybe instead Prometheus could be random redshirt but he is puppet master is still Pike?

7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I like that Marc pointed out once again that casting sides are fake but his answer was a little vague in the wanting the audience to make up their own mind about Tina part.

From time to time he probably has given an alternative fact or two... 

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Arrgghh it won't work for me. 

So he doesn't deny that Tina isn't a new LI?

Is he hinting she might be?

This is what he says about Tina:

You’ll get a glimpse of her at the end of the midseason premiere. It’s funny, I don’t want to tease too much about her. There’s a lot of stuff that’s out on the internet in terms of casting breakdowns, which I hate talking about because a lot of the casting breakdowns we release are false because we know they leak. But I think we have a really wonderful character here. Juliana [Harkavy], who plays her, is a terrific actress. We’re going to be doing some new and different kinds of things. Because of the internet, I guess I’m very tempted to — as always — I’d prefer to let the story tell itself and play out, and then people can make up their minds.

So nothing new.

Once again it sounds to me as though he says that they release fake sides but not that those sides are necessarily fake nor their intent behind it. I am at the point where I just want the story to start so that it can be over with.

Judging by the buzz the show is getting, nobody seems to be on the edge of their seats for the show to return. 

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

That's the first interview in a while that hasn't made me angry, so...good job Marc? 

Maybe he is just getting started... ;-) Don't tempt him...

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2

Sorry, Marc.  I understand that you hate the internet spoiling your precious storylines but on the other hand, without it your show wouldn't have nearly the buzz that it does.

Also, here's a hint Guggie -- if ;you don't want there to be all kinds of hysteria about the casting of a new character, don't write casting sides about her stalling a ship that is already being stalled and making viewers upset.

I'm encouraged by the CW tweet over the picture of Felicity and Oliver:

Arrow ‏@CW_Arrow

One seeks justice, the other seeks revenge! #Arrow returns with new episodes

so Yay!, they're finally promoting Felicity!  I'm looking forward to:

both Diggle and Felicity, for different reasons, are flirting with some darkness in their lives. Oliver basically, in this really great moment, tells both Felicity and Diggle, “Look, I’m basically a dark dude, I do bad things, but the ship has sailed with me. The whole reason I am aligned with you guys is because you guys are fundamentally just better people, you guys are more moral than I am.” Part of the fun of that episode is seeing how that advice to both Diggle and Felicity operates on them. It’s not necessarily going to operate on them the same way.

I hope that Diggle takes the advice to heart and goes lighter while Felicity goes darker.  It's counter intuitive and different than the characters have been up to now.

Pike is my current fav theory but I'm starting to wonder if he's too old to be Claybourne's son.  Maybe instead Prometheus could be random redshirt but he is puppet master is still Pike?

When they showed the picture of Claybourne's son, he looked mixed race to me which Pike does not.  But maybe they can fudge it.

If someone is the puppet master, I want it to be a higher status person, not lower than Prometheus. Which is my way of saying I'm okay if Pike is a minion but then I want Prometheus to be someone more recognizable e.g. Talia.

3 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I think chatter might have dwindled because real life is super weird right now and people are engaging with that, but there haven't been many surprises in returning shows' ratings. I figure it's unlikely that Arrow is gonna be the one show to fall off the curve.

Yeah, most of my social media lately has been the March and that other thing  on January 20th.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Thanks @insomniadreams88

The try new things worries me! They need to stop trying new things unless it's Olicity babies!

Honestly I think the try new things part is just the fact that Tina will be a meta or whatever which they haven't had full time on the show.

I agree that Marc's response wasn't an outright 100% denial but seriously...If he was getting an audience prepared for the great Tina/Oliver romance of the century I don't know why he would bring up the fact that the casting sides are fake again without prompting.

• Love 6
Just now, LeighAn said:

Honestly I think the try new things part is just the fact that Tina will be a meta or whatever which they haven't had full time on the show.

I agree that Marc's response wasn't an outright 100% denial but seriously...If he was getting an audience prepared for the great Tina/Oliver romance of the century I don't know why he would bring up the fact that the casting sides are fake again without prompting.

I just still don't get bringing in a meta and someone with magic rags in the season after magic when the promotion for the season was "back to basics." 

As for again mentioning the sides are fake, maybe he's hoping that some people will believe him because he wants Oliver/Tina to be some sort of surprise if it's going to happen? You know what would be better? Outright saying "she's not going to be Oliver's LI because we've finally learned that new female characters who aren't related to Oliver don't need to sleep with him." 

• Love 2