Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

What makes you say so? 

Also pretty sure Felicity/Oliver take Malone/Susan respectively as their dates to a holiday party which is where they'll meet...

yayyyyy.

-_-

Ugh, I hope that's not the case. With everything going on, they'd actually take time for them to meet that way? I'd rather they meet for some Prometheus-related reason, especially since it's taken until 509 for them to meet on-screen. 

The whole tease about people wanting to Oliver and Mayo meet won't be disappointed. The first part made me think Mayo is bad and they fight it out. That second part makes me think some comedy meet. I'm thinking both happening is possible. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

The whole tease about people wanting to Oliver and Mayo meet won't be disappointed. The first part made me think Mayo is bad and they fight it out. That second part makes me think some comedy meet. I'm thinking both happening is possible. 

I didn't even think of humor, just went to Malone as a bad guy but, who knows?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

HT!Oliver and Malone have already met offscreen. GA & Malone met onscreen.  Why do I care if they meet onscreen if he's not evil?  There's no fun in that!

Did Oliver meet Mayo onscreen as himself? Or just that one time when Mayo called him as Green Arrow? I haven't watched a few eps. 

Then I think of last season's holiday party and how awesome it was between Felicity seeing Mama Smoak and Lance and then her figuring out the souffle thing and going up to Oliver just to change her mind..:/

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That second part makes me think some comedy meet.

Will Stephen Amell drop his voice some octaves to put Ritter's chipmunk voice to shame? :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Did Oliver meet Mayo onscreen as himself? Or just that one time when Mayo called him as Green Arrow? I haven't watched a few eps. 

So far it's only been HT!Oliver and GA!Oliver onscreen. 

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

We also have to look at it this way: How many scenes do we think TR is in in 509? Has he been in more than 2 scenes in an episode all season? 

Well if he gets a lot of screentime that's a sure sign he's going to get killed off or revealed as evil :D

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Well Mayo and Oliver did meet, it just wasn't Oliver but Human Target posing as Oliver.

Yeah, I was trying to figure out if there was a way they hadn't met yet. Since Mayo has yet to meet Oliver himself onscreen, it seems like that's what it'll be. 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Has anyone tried to figure out if Malone's name is an anagram for a name that holds significance from S1? Or Susan's?

I'm so not that creative.

Total Crackpot, never going to happen theory.  Billy Malone/Prometheus are split personalities caused by whatever Oliver did in S1 when he was a "murderer".  Oliver/Hood kills "Billy's" dad in S1, "Billy" witnesses it and, goes crazy.  

I'm thinking if Malone is "evil" and related to anyone it would be the guy on the desk The Hood is holding a blow torch to in promo pic.  Malone asked Felicity if Green Arrow wore a mask because his face was scarred.

Anyone know what the episode is rated? Beth Schwartz tweeted during filming something about being on a secret mission for Antonio (Negret). Last time she did that I think she was on bra duty in 3.20 so just curious if we are in for a "treat " (rolls eyes) with  one of the pairings. Maybe she had to find a red pen. :-)

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Felicity’s relationships will collide: “People who have been waiting for Oliver to meet Felicity’s boyfriend won’t be disappointed,” Guggenheim says.

Did anyone wait for this? Anyone at all? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm sure someone, somewhere has been waiting breathlessly for it. No one I know or want to know, but someone.

I feel bad if someone has actually really been waiting for this and it's just a comedic, "Hi, nice to meet you," from Oliver, and Mayo saying, "Uh, we met. Remember?" And Oliver going, "uh, right, that was me, not a guy wearing a me mask. Oh, and sure, nice to meet my ex-fiancee's new boyfriend (not that she'll call you that) I want to put an arrow in." 

• Love 5

Well Green Arrow has seen Malone twice. 1st time with Captain Pike which is how he found out Lance was off the wagon and back in town.   The 2nd time Malone faked a crime call and when GA showed up he introduced himself and told GA about Prometheus warning off Church.  So now they are going to have them meet a 4th time and Oliver is going to forget he has met him even though it was Human Target?  It wouldn't surprise me but really show?!

Well, we're also assuming that Felicity's in the "meet" scene. She may not be... 

Crazy theory that will never happen: Mayo's working for Prometheus, goes to Oliver and tells him that his boss has Felicity, but he doesn't know where. Oliver kills Mayo, hence SA's comments at SDCC - the EPs told him, "yes, Felicity's getting a BF, but don't worry, you get to kill him."

• Love 2

Don't get me wrong, I adore the "it was red" line, but I'm going to need something more to bring me back to the show for Olicity. 

There's going to be a flashback to that scene, yes? If so, that's twice in 2 episodes the first meeting has been referenced. I want something new! I don't know why I'm being so obstinate. I should be happy they're acknowledging Olicity at all. I'm hopeful this is the turn in the road for those two crazy kids.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I feel like all these little dangles are insulting. Either sink the God damn ship for good or give me back the good times. Do not dangle me and throw me crumbs like you do the Lauriver fans. It's just grating.

It's a no win situation isn't it...

Some People: Give us more olicity spoilers so we can at least have some hope!
EPs/Actors: Give fans some little morsels 
Other People: Stop ship baiting! 

I feel like it's important to note that the second they (especially Stephen) start saying this kind of stuff - that's the time to consider maybe there's something on the horizon coming up. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I feel like all these little dangles are insulting. Either sink the God damn ship for good or give me back the good times. Do not dangle me and throw me crumbs like you do the Lauriver fans. It's just grating.

Yeah I need the Olicity flash back to be prevalent and meaningful to their story moving forward. I don't want it to just be a scene just to honor season 1. I need to see that there is going to be some momentum in their relationship and not this ambiguous let's pretend the last 4 seasons never happened storytelling they've been doing lately. 

The 100th made me more hopeful on that front but I need the MSF to actually hint that there is hope for Olicity in the future and story left to tell and not just showing me what I already know which is how great they were in the past. I don't need them together right away but I need a sign that they are going up be more then they are right now.

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Honestly, if it were anyone besides SA dangling the hints, I wouldn't trust them as much. After season 2, he has never teased anything for L/O. And he's only mentioned Olicity when there's actual stuff going on. (Note his total avoidance of the topic throught the summer and first half of the season) 

As for the show itself, it's not going to jump right back in to Olicity after spending half a season leaning away from it. But it's gotta start somehow, right? 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

It's a no win situation isn't it...

Some People: Give us more olicity spoilers so we can at least have some hope!
EPs/Actors: Give fans some little morsels 
Other People: Stop ship baiting! 

I feel like it's important to note that the second they (especially Stephen) start saying this kind of stuff - that's the time to consider maybe there's something in the horizon coming up. 

I can only speak for myself but the last time we were told by the producers that there was going to be "the most/biggest Olicity episode of the season"  it turned out to be 5x05 which wasn't what Olicity fans were asking for. So there's some wariness about producers teases now. 

I was really happy with the Olicity we got in the 100th but I also recognise that there's still a lot more I want from the show in regards to their relationship. Nods to past are nostalgic and nice but I also want to see them actually work on the current relationship and fixing that. 

Cause otherwise @Mellowyellow is right- there just throwing crumbs. For me it doesn't even have to be a reunion or something big. But just something small to suggest a change in status. 

Ive felt that Oliver and Felicity need to have a lay everything on the table kind of fight because their breakup and relationship afterwards has been so cordial and polite so I'd even take something like that TBH.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I can only speak for myself but the last time we were told by the producers that there was going to be "the most/biggest Olicity episode of the season"  it turned out to be 5x05 which wasn't what Olicity fans were asking for. So there's some wariness about producers teases now. 

I was really happy with the Olicity we got in the 100th but I also recognise that there's still a lot more I want from the show in regards to their relationship. Nods to past are nostalgic and nice but I also want to see them actually work on the current relationship and fixing that. 

Cause otherwise @Mellowyellow is right- there just throwing crumbs. For me it doesn't even have to be a reunion or something big. But just something small to suggest a change in status. 

Ive felt that Oliver and Felicity need to have a lay everything on the table kind of fight because their breakup and relationship afterwards has been so cordial and polite so I'd even take something like that TBH.

I understand how you feel. Because I, too, was disappointed that the "clarity" in episode 5 wasn't much clarity at all. All I got from the episode is that they're clearly not over one another. 

However, I still stand by my statement that it really is a no win situation for the EPs/Actors. If they give hope some people will take offense, if they dont' give hope some will be upset because they WANT hope. 

I for one at least am in the "give them hope" group because at least for me, fandom has been a miserable experience this year. If there's at least some thing to give them to hang on to which will lead to something more, then that'd be great!

So far, I feel like it's unfair to say that this tiny morsel Stephen is giving us is going to lead to something or not. So IDK if anyone should feel offended/insulted by his comments just yet.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I agree. Every time TPTB say Oliver or Felicity won't react how you think they will, they actually do exactly what I think they will, which is polite and adult and wish the best for one another. I want a passionate fight with anger and tears and then make up lair wall sex. That would be unexpected.

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

So far, I feel like it's unfair to say that this tiny morsel Stephen is giving us is going to lead to something or not. So IDK if anyone should feel offended/insulted by his comments just yet.

Plus, he was asked specifically about Olicity in this upcoming episode. Those 3 words could be anything and may not be related to their current relationship status. "Bring me pie." "Buy a cat." 

They probably are related to their relationship, but he's not teasing much here.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Plus, he was asked specifically about Olicity in this upcoming episode. Those 3 words could be anything and may not be related to their current relationship status. "Bring me pie." "Buy a cat." 

They probably are related to their relationship, but he's not teasing much here.

Very true and I didn't really think of it that way. It's the fans who are taking hope from his words. Not that his words are exactly hopeful. 

• Love 1

MG spoiled to jbuffyangel that there would be an Olicity goodie in the MSF that was going to blow fans minds.  It is a flashback to S1. SA used the words "red pen" to some fans. (He also said something about magic but they weren't sure if he was talking about Olicity & MSF or not.) SA was asked for 3 words to describe Olicity he declined but said 3 words would nail it.  "It was red" seems the most likely.  The only thing I would say might make it hopeful is WHAT prompts the flashback to that moment (if it is the moment).

• Love 1
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Prometheus is TR's favorite villain. "For so many reasons."  Hmm... clue or tease?
https://twitter.com/TylerRitter/status/804073560264146944

Cause it the only one his character has had anything to do with on the show and he hasn't been around for any of the other big bads perhaps?  

6 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

We also have to look at it this way: How many scenes do we think TR is in in 509? Has he been in more than 2 scenes in an episode all season? 

I'm not getting my hopes up about saying goodbye to Mayo yet and I'm bracing myself for the most Mayo filled episode yet.  I suspect there's no chance he'll only be in one scene tomorrow.  

2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Don't get me wrong, I adore the "it was red" line, but I'm going to need something more to bring me back to the show for Olicity. 

There's going to be a flashback to that scene, yes? If so, that's twice in 2 episodes the first meeting has been referenced. I want something new! I don't know why I'm being so obstinate. I should be happy they're acknowledging Olicity at all. I'm hopeful this is the turn in the road for those two crazy kids.

It would be cute if we found out he went back and stole her red pen and that he still had it.  Also sad because it was a totally generic red pen.  Still, I'd gobble up any kind of proof of Oliver still pining at this point.   

I don't know, going back to the It Was Red line seems needlessly repetitive. I guess it could work depending on how the story goes.

That being said, I also can't rule out the obvious "I Love You". They do love their gotchas and they have been giving off a S2 vibe, IMO.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't know, going back to the It Was Red line seems needlessly repetitive. I guess it could work depending on how the story goes.

That being said, I also can't rule out the obvious "I Love You". They do love their gotchas and they have been giving off a S2 vibe, IMO.

Sure it's repetitive but since I'm thinking this is just some sop to keep the fans around until they take back up the storyline, I'm not expecting anything that creative.  

• Love 1

They really have to do something substantially Olicity so fans will come back. Something bigger than a reference to their meeting, or a flashback to Oliver looking her up as the girl who though he was cute two years earlier.   It's time to stop pandering to Comics! fans

My guess for the last scene is a tableau or clue that makes Oliver realize just where Prometheus came from.

Felicity’s relationships will collide: “People who have been waiting for Oliver to meet Felicity’s boyfriend won’t be disappointed,” Guggenheim says. “I can tease that Oliver is going to meet Malone, and there’s a Felicity-Oliver moment that the fans will really enjoy.”

Does he mean the fans who have been waiting  for Oliver to meet Malone will enjoy?  Or that all fans will enjoy? (For a writer, he's very vague.)  Because not only have I not been waiting for Oliver to meet Malone, I ever want to see them in the same scene unless Green Arrow is arrowing him.  I am so very, very tired of Felicity and Oliver being 'adult' this season.

10 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

So we are saying that the team cannot find BS for more than 1 month?

Maybe they are so shocked at the sight of Laurel that first they go looking for her replacement so she will stop haunting them.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm liking the suggestions Im seeing on tumblr of "It wasn't real" "It's not real"

It was Real works very well and could come from either of them

Scene Christmas Party

Oliver: Hard to believe it's been a whole year. Last Christmas we got engaged

Felicity: Hard to believe it was real. Almost feels like a dream.

Oliver: It was real.

You can actually swap them out.

• Love 5

I was actually wondering if the words were connected to what Oliver experienced in the 100th. Maybe Thea asks him about why he wasn't more tempted to stay and he says "It was red" or something. 

Would Oliver telling Thea be enough?  I feel like at this point, it would just be crumbs.

From the social media thread:

14 hours ago, tv echo said:

David Ramsey

- But it was a very large outpouring of grief really from the fans as well... So I'm not quite - I think they took some of that to heart and I'm not quite sure what's going to happen exactly with the Canary character, um, but they're listening...

Hide contents

I - I - I know some things are -are percolating, you know, because they really are listening to how the fans reacted to Canary's death.

I don't doubt that they are listening to how the fans who like Laurel reacted to her death.  But it feels like there is selective deafness going on because I don't get any sense that they are listening to how fans are reacting to the lack of Olicity other than to push back and tell us how wrong we are.

(I'm watching the 100th episode of Chicago Fire.  Dawson and Casey just got married and are adopting a kid.  Meanwhile on Arrow, as someone pointed out, Oliver and Felicity are on the same show.)

• Love 7