Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I liked the theory I read some where about it being Pike. He's someone innocuous enough that you wouldn't suspect him but has been around since season 1 and seen Olivers journey. What his motivation could be they could make up easily enough.

But I suspect it will be someone we haven't seen before.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

At this point, I'll be shocked if Prometheus is someone we've seen before and not someone for whom they insert flashbacks like with Cupid. 

I hate it but I fully expect that to be the case. I will be pleasantly surprised if they actually use someone or something that was actually in S1 but, I've accepted that I'll probably be disappointed in the Prometheus reveal.

• Love 6

I suspect it's going to be a brand new character who's love one was either one of Oliver The List victims or someone who died in the undertaking.  Therefore they have a big hate on for Oliver.

Although what happened to China White-I can't remember but is she still alive? I don't know why she would disguise herself though.

Soooo much more fashionable, unless this is a deliberate disguise.

54 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I suspect it's going to be a brand new character who's love one was either one of Oliver The List victims or someone who died in the undertaking.  Therefore they have a big hate on for Oliver.

I can't remember, is The Hood's involvement in The Undertaking generally known?  I know Lance got demoted because he helped and Laurel blamed him for not saving Tommy but did it ever get out to the public?

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can't remember, is The Hood's involvement in The Undertaking generally known?  I know Lance got demoted because he helped and Laurel blamed him for not saving Tommy but did it ever get out to the public?

Maybe that's why Prometheus is striking now? It took him this long to put all the pieces together and figure out the Hood back then is the same person as the Green Arrow? (Remember, the public thinks Roy was the Arrow.) We saw the recruits be surprised to learn that Oliver was the Hood/Arrow/Green Arrow. 

• Love 2

So my first reaction to the spoilers for tonight's episode that @tv echo posted was, yay, they're having a party! Closely followed by, why am I being so susceptible? The last however many parties were complete let downs. The only one in recent memory that somewhat used the premise well was last year's holoday party. 

17 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Prometheus is TR's favorite villain. "For so many reasons."  Hmm... clue or tease?
https://twitter.com/TylerRitter/status/804073560264146944

So either Prometheus kills him, Mayo's working for him or both.

13 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So my first reaction to the spoilers for tonight's episode that @tv echo posted was, yay, they're having a party! Closely followed by, why am I being so susceptible? The last however many parties were complete let downs. The only one in recent memory that somewhat used the premise well was last year's holoday party. 

Yeah, and last year, Felicity and Diggle were there. Diggle can't be there this year (though, you know, maybe he can because clearly Oliver's security = stupid and he could probably walk right past them and no one would even know who he is), and I have a feeling Felicity's not going to be there. 

I hate to say it, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the last shot of 509 will be Oliver seeing a live Laurel on TV... and then we don't find out until 510 that it's BS.

Edited by tv echo

For 509, I wonder if people were right and the cliffhanger is Susan/William dead/injured?  Or if they out OQ as GA (seems unlikely since he's still mayor)?

For Tyler Riter, I would almost say he's Prometheus except for that scene in the promo where Prometheus pops up behind Malone. So I'm back to working for Prometheus or Killed by Prometheus

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

For Tyler Riter, I would almost say he's Prometheus except for that scene in the promo where Prometheus pops up behind Malone. So I'm back to working for Prometheus or Killed by Prometheus

I'm not convinced he's Prometheus, but I'm not ready to rule him out yet, right because of that shot in the promo you mentioned. It reminded me of the pilot, when Oliver gets out of the shower and there's a thunder and we see a fleeting image of the hood in the mirror or something.

Since they are all for callbacks this season, and Prometheus is a mirror for Oliver, that could be another  visual callback/hint.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I hate to say it, but I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the last shot of 509 will be Oliver seeing a live Laurel on TV... and then we don't find out until 510 that it's BS.

That cliffhanger won't be about BS, heck nobody outside of Laurel fans care too much. It's already revealed she'll be in 5x10 so ending the episode on her isn't that shocking. I'm 100% certain it's about the reveal of Prometheus. We know his identity is revealed in this episode and I can't see it happening in the middle of the episode so it'll definitely be the last scene. However I think it's Oliver seeing who he is rather than coming face to face with him in the lari.

They could out Oliver as GA in 5x09 and then walk it back in the next episode. 

15 minutes ago, tv echo said:

It's not outside the realm of possibility for me but I can't see the EPs confirming her appearance in 5X10 and then using her as a cliffhanger for 5x09. It seems counter productive. 

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

That cliffhanger won't be about BS, heck nobody outside of Laurel fans care too much. It's already revealed she'll be in 5x10 so ending the episode on her isn't that shocking. .

Not saying she will be the cliffhanger, but you have to consider this from the perspecrive of the general audience, who most likely don't know about BS in 510.

• Love 2

I'd rather Mayo Bread was working for Prometheus tbh because I hate the thought of him being injured or killed and having to see Felicity mourn him or whatever. Enough already. 

(edited)

Going by the DC hint (Heading Into the Light), Cliffhanger theories

Very Long Shot - Future Connor Hawk shows up as the Cliffhanger (not likely given what we know of 510)

Possible but old theory or mine - Evelyn is killed and left as a message to OQ

Newish theory (originally found on twitter) - OQ sees a news report about Susan/William being killed 

Newish theory (originally posted by someone else here) - Susan reveals OQ having been alive in Russia before the rescue (tricky since he's still mayor in 513)

Newish theory - Prometheus reveals that OQ is GA (same issue as above)

Oldish theory - Cliffhanger is Prometheus reveal similar to Slade in 209...this means (for me) it has to be someone we KNOW from S1, not someone they insert ala Cupid in S2

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think they may regret hyping up this final scene, because I have a feeling it won't actually be that shocking for anyone except the characters. They've already announced that KC is in 510. I doubt they're going to end on a cliffhanger involving one of the temporary LIs, especially after the last two midseason finales. At this point, the only cliffhanger that would shock me would be seeing Tommy as Prometheus only because I'd be shocked to see CD on the show again given his Chicago Med filming and lack of him in the 100th, not to see Tommy as Prometheus. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, looptab said:

Not saying she will be the cliffhanger, but you have to consider this from the perspecrive of the general audience, who most likely don't know about BS in 510.

And GA doesn't care too much for BS or for LL, they'd rather the show actually end with a cliffhanger related to the plot then a one shot character that will be featured in less than 10 mins of the next episode.

I just need Felicity and Mayo to be over ASAP. Please. For the love of everything. Let her be free.

But I have a terrible feeling he's gonna be her pointless boyfriend for ages. UGH. Has Tyler Ritter been pictured on set recently?

10 minutes ago, looptab said:

I had the same thought tbh, especially leading from all that happened in the 100th. It wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by Guest
9 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

And GA doesn't care too much for BS or for LL, they'd rather the show actually end with a cliffhanger related to the plot then a one shot character that will be featured in less than 10 mins of the next episode.

Actually, since she's dead it seems he does. And how long she will be featured in the next episode is pointless, the point is this supposedly beloved character that everyone believe to be dead, suddenly shows up ---end credits. Then in 510 it's revealed it's not our LL, but BS.

Look, I'm neither advocating for it nor saying it would be awesome, simply that it's not completely illogical.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

So we are saying that the team cannot find BS for more than 1 month?

Also didnt Echo mentioned he filmed a scene with KC? So i would guess this is how the team learns of her existence.

Edited by Velocity23
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

So we are saying that the team cannot find BS for more than 1 month?

Nearly 2 months.  It'll be 7 weeks until 510 airs.  Of course i have to wonder why they would waste a cliffhanger on LL/KC when they couldn't even be bothered to give her 6 full minutes in the crossover?  I'd sooner believe it's related to Wild Dog given how much they seem to love the character but, in all honesty I think the safe money is on Prometheus 

• Love 3

What would be kind of fun is if all of the team and Oliver's loved ones were separately but simultaneously "captured" or otherwise endangered by various Prometheus allies (only then revealed to be evil) at the end of the episode. This ties in with my hopeful spec that many of the new characters are traitors and that Prometheus has people working for him who have grudges against Oliver from all previous seasons.

If it's a cliffhanger, I would imagine that like in some other seasons, the 10th episode picks up immediately after the 9th and then the time jump comes later.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, looptab said:

Actually, since she's dead it seems he does. And how long she will be featured in the next episode is pointless, the point is this supposedly beloved character that everyone believe to be dead, suddenly shows up ---end credits. Then in 510 it's revealed it's not our LL, but BS.

Look, I'm neither advocating for it nor saying it would be awesome, simply that it's not completely illogical.

I meant the General Audience not Green Arrow. But everyone knows laurel is dead, she was heavily featured in the crossover as being dead. Also those who watch flash know she already exists as BS in this universe so again it won't be a shocker and ppl can put two and two together. 

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

I meant the General Audience not Green Arrow. But everyone knows laurel is dead, she was heavily featured in the crossover as being dead. Also those who watch flash know she already exists as BS in this universe so again it won't be a shocker and ppl can put two and two together. 

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Anyway, yeah, everyone knows she's dead, that's why it'd be a cliffhanger - this is a show that has resurrected everybody minus Oliver's parents and Tommy, so people would wonder.

But, I really don't want to argue about this -obviously we see it differently, let's agree to disagree.

• Love 2

Maybe they could do the time jump during episode 10 or between episodes 10 and 11 so a cliffhanger like someone being kidnapped or Oliver seeing BS at the end of ep 9 would work better. Anyway the cliffhanger being about BS wouldn't compare to what they usually do IMO so if I had to guess I'd go for something bigger.

• Love 2
(edited)

S1 Cliffhanger/ending - Malcom revealed as the Dark Archer

S2 Cliffhanger/ending - Slade revealed to be alive and behind Brother Blood/Mirakuru

S3 Cliffhanger/ending - Oliver "dying"

S4 Cliffhanger/ending - Felicity "dying"

S5 Cliffhanger/ending - Laurel/BS showing up?  Yeah, doesn't exactly scream OMG?! to me, not compared to what they did the last 4 years.  

Quite honestly, it's probably going to be the big Prometheus reveal, they've done that in every season where the "big bad" is a surprise (1 and 2).  In S3 we knew Ra's was the threat from the start and in S4 we met Darhk in 401.  In those cases they used "death" as the Cliffhanger/Surprise ending.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

I'm thinking along those lines, too: Prometheus reveal but also something ala Slade where he talks about his plans for Oliver (I'm still pissed we didn't get the "corrupt those he loves" part after they showed Felicity in the montage as Slade was talking; I wonder what the original plan was). And then the final scene might be something or someone left in the lair for Oliver to find. I want the actual cliffhanger to be a mystery, something that we can spend 2 months speculating about. And Arrow needs it, too, I think. It'll be gone for 2 months. It's gotta end the first half with a bang, otherwise, those S5B numbers might go even lower.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe the cliffhanger isn't just the big Prometheus reveal (beginning of the final scene) but something he says/leaves in a message for Oliver too (end of the scene)?

Going by S1 and S2 endings, I think that's a very distinct possiblity

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

News report of them pulling the bodies of a Star City teen, local Detective and their very own Colleague from the bay. 

Spec or spoiler? :) Guessing game on who on Team Arrow didn't make it? Interesting. But would it be big enough? Only if Felicity, Digg or Thea are hinted at, IMO.

I don't need stalker reporter dead. I'll take Susan Williams getting punched by Felicity and then Susan being driven away from the city, her reputation as a journalist in tatters.

I'd rather no one dies, really. Just go far, far away. But if someone HAS to die, I vote Wild Dung! (Probably not gonna happen since WB seems intent in making him happen.)

giphy.gif

• Love 10
(edited)

I'll laugh if dumbass Oliver pushes Susan away for her own safety and rejected psycho stalker reacts by publishing her news report on OQ being alive in Russia a year before he was "rescued" from the Island.  LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Recurring characters who need to die:

• Susan Williams
  • Billy Malone
  • Wild Dog

Recurring characters who should leave and never return:

• Evelyn Sharp
  • Curtis Holt

Semi-agree. But I only want Susan and Billy to die after being revealed to have nefarious reasons for being in Oliver and Felicity's lives because I don't want to see them mourning temp LIs. (I already feared that if Susan got hurt and not killed, they'd show Oliver staying with her because, you know, character growth, even though he left Felicity in the hospital last year. It's one of the reasons I'm glad it doesn't look like she's around past 509.) I'd rather Billy dead (because he was evil and working for Prometheus and has outlived his use) and Susan's career completely ruined and her leaving the city. Maybe she tries to salvage her career by outing Oliver in Russia but completely fails? 

And Curtis can stay, as long as we get more of the Curtis from S4 and not the Curtis of S5 who interrupts Felicity and whom Felicity needs to help her do things she should be able to do herself. What happened in the writers' heads over the summer that they thought that they needed to change Curtis like this? If he's going to be in the field, stick with that. Let his focus be on training so that he can actually be out in the field without getting hurt constantly, not doing Felicity's job.

And since it doesn't look like Wild Dog's going anywhere, please let them do something about his character for 5B. Maybe they can kill his attitude at least?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Annnnnnddd Now I'm back to thinking Malone is Prometheus  LOL

What makes you say so? 

Also pretty sure Felicity/Oliver take Malone/Susan respectively as their dates to a holiday party which is where they'll meet...

yayyyyy.

-_-

• Love 1

I don't know, just something about that Tyler Ritter Twitter and then the way MG worded his answer.  Like it was more than just a double date but instead Oliver and Malone meet under different circumstances.  I could just be over reacting to the tone.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Annnnnnddd Now I'm back to thinking Malone is Prometheus  LOL

I hope not, the actor's not remotely interesting enough to be a Big Bad. I do hope he's working with Prometheus and dies in this episode, though. 

• Love 8

HT!Oliver and Malone have already met offscreen. GA & Malone met onscreen.  Why do I care if they meet onscreen if he's not evil?  There's no fun in that!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 5