Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So given Thea's opinion of Malcolm in 3.13, Oliver worrying about rescuing Malclom from Ra's in 3.15 makes no sense at all. Let Ra's have him. 

Yeah, what's that even about? Her turnaround was so breakneck I wondered if she was being drugged again. Because this Thea? Would never want Oliver to go to Ra's for Malcolm. Is she going to have another mood swing? I don't get it.

For real, Thea has to be in with Malcolm and they're both playing Oliver, right? That's the only way any of this makes any sense, and even then it doesn't make that much sense.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

It would take more effort than the writers put into this show to go back and find the post, but I mentioned months ago there was always the threat of Lauriver again. The subtle signs we there. I guess the anvil came out.

Am I the only one who didn't get the anvil? They're really big on their light metaphors here, but I didn't get this one being Lauriver related at all. It was a batshit crazy comparison to make and a really shitty thing for Felicity to say, but I got that it was more of a way of shitting on Sara than teasing a ship. And this in an episode where Laurel accused Oliver of hiding from his feelings by wearing the hood. Most spot-on observation ever. 

• Love 7

Am I the only one who didn't get the anvil? They're really big on their light metaphors here, but I didn't get this one being Lauriver related at all. It was a batshit crazy comparison to make and a really shitty thing for Felicity to say, but I got that it was more of a way of shitting on Sara than teasing a ship. And this in an episode where Laurel accused Oliver of hiding from his feelings by wearing the hood. Most spot-on observation ever.

I didn't get no anvil either Sara Bascially told Oliver Felicity was his light and the show has not been subtle about it either

I didn't get no anvil either Sara Bascially told Oliver Felicity was his light and the show has not been subtle about it either

Yeah, the light metaphors are passed out like candy, but I really do think this one was to shit on Sara for being the "dark" one and praise Laurel for being the "light" one. No assassin BC for you guys, just a plain old good girl who wants to fight for her city!

• Love 2

I'm going to sit this one out, but I think I'll check out next week with Slade. At this point, I kind of hope he stabs everyone. I call shenanigans if Thea gets anywhere close to beating him. He's an Australian special forces badass and she's had 6 months of training. Oh Manu, remember back in S1 and early in S2 when we had it all? I miss you. Let me go watch some more Spartacus for you. That show was batshit crazy and still made way more sense than Arrow.  

• Love 11

As much as I'm doubting Olicity will happen now, that whole Lauriver anvil seems like nothing to me. Yes, Sara said Oliver needed someone to harness the light inside him and sure, she could have been talking about Laurel but I doubt it. Not when they've gone out of their way to use light in Olicity scenes. And let's not forget that Sara also said (right before she died) that Oliver wasn't his mask and he needed people who don't wear them. Sorry but the only woman not wearing a mask anymore is Felicity. 

As much as I'm doubting Olicity will happen now, that whole Lauriver anvil seems like nothing to me. Yes, Sara said Oliver needed someone to harness the light inside him and sure, she could have been talking about Laurel but I doubt it. Not when they've gone out of their way to use light in Olicity scenes. And let's not forget that Sara also said (right before she died) that Oliver wasn't his mask and he needed people who don't wear them. Sorry but the only woman not wearing a mask anymore is Felicity. 

Not to mention, when have Laurel and Oliver ever brought out anything good in each other? They're snarky assholes together, and they continued to be snarky assholes tonight. Felicity can talk about light as much as she wants, but there isn't any in those two when they're in the same vicinity.

• Love 5

Yeah, definitely shitting on Sara and I completely understand why after this CL doesn't want to come back.

Completely nullified Laurel's whole "when you let the dark in it doesn't go away " from last season's Birds of Prey.

• Love 2

Come to the quitting side...I haven't seen the last four episodes...it's soooo good........The 100 is really good this season.......no Laurel!  (Or Ray, or Murderin' Merlyn, everybody's buddy!)

I'm already watching the 100.  Last week I watched in a kind of crazed mystification as to how a show could just make everything all the characters were doing and planning make sense.  I found the lack of fuckery actually strange. 

Ah, but now Laurel has a light too. 

Then why do they call her Black Canary if she is the 'good' one?

Cause it makes no fucking sense. 

It is probably just hedging their bets, but in the scene it felt like ...oh damn, I hate even writing this...it felt like a passing of the torch (no pun intended) that the one that had been overwhelmingly associated with light, Felicity, was now anointing Laurel with the wonderful Oliver saving light.  Bonus points for ragging on a dead woman. 

• Love 3

Here is my one saving grace on the forever ship tease or the L/O reversal. It's not up to Guggenheim. The network, DC, Greg Berlanti (known for the Dawson's Creek endgame swerve), and kreisenberg would all have a say in it. So even though I think that Guggenheim is a bad writer and even worse plotter smarter people are involved in determining the big picture, what will be left of the ship after Guggenheim gets done with it is another question.

We'll gave to rock, paper, scissors to figure out who is going to the victim of the week that gets to watch the episode and report back to the rest of us so we can appropriately mock it.

Thanks for the info on Berlanti. I forgot the he was involved with Dawson's Creek. Always remembered him from Brothers & Sisters (amazing) and Eli Stone (awesome). Although MG was involved in ES, which could explain some of the imbalance on the emotional flow of that show. But that makes me feel a little more hopeful about the whole shipping situation on this show. Fingers crossed he's not too busy to help guide the show from intentionally capsizng the character relationships on this show, and I mean beyond just olicity.  

It is probably just hedging their bets, but in the scene it felt like ...oh damn, I hate even writing this...it felt like a passing of the torch (no pun intended) that the one that had been overwhelmingly associated with light, Felicity, was now anointing Laurel with the wonderful Oliver saving light.  Bonus points for ragging on a dead woman. 

You might be right. I trust nothing about this show anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to go back to O/L but I think it will fail. You can't magic chemistry out of nowhere. And as I said, as much as I'm not convinced about Olicity right now, I can't ignore the huge lengths they've gone to this season to show how absolutely in love Oliver is with Felicity. She's tied to his humanity. They've repeatedly used the light metaphor with their interactions. They showed how much Oliver deep down wants a family with her. She was his dying thought. I can't ignore all that because of one scene where Felicity mentions the light inside Laurel. I think it was more about Felicity being a light harnesser. Actually, I think it was more about propping Laurel full stop. Felicity and Olicity and Lauriver had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Oh and finally, I just remember the way SA's face fell when that reporter said she thought Oliver still loved Laurel. There was no faking that reaction. He went from grinning about Olicity to absolutely done when asked about Lauriver. I trust in that more than anything else right now.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

slPJ2lB.jpg

"Thea, don't! You're not a killer!" LMAO

All we need is MM coming behind, being like calm & collected with a recording device & a little injection to help set the mood. Always thinking ahead that MM is.

I know Slade rues the day he ever met OQ, but the guy has saved him from being killed multiple times. Looks like we might get another last minute save by OQ. Which is kinda ok, cuz I sorta miss Slade. These pics are making me a little nostalgic for the simpler days of S1/ early s2 and we havent even met the horrors of Ras & MM.

• Love 1

All we need is MM coming behind, being like calm & collected with a recording device & a little injection to help set the mood. Always thinking ahead that MM is.

I know Slade rues the day he ever met OQ, but the guy has saved him from being killed multiple times. Looks like we might get another last minute save by OQ. Which is kinda ok, cuz I sorta miss Slade. These pics are making me a little nostalgic for the simpler days of S1/ early s2 and we havent even met the horrors of Ras & MM.

Ah, but even then we'd already met the real monster of the piece, Dinah Laurel Lance.  Go back and take her out of the equation and look at how fast this whole season turns into something wonderful.  

I really thought Oliver and Thea on the island would be some extreme choice, not basically boot camp.  This whole storyline is crap.  Oliver is supposed to be learning from the student of Ra's but actually he's teaching his little sister....who learned from the student of Ra's but has just learned how unprepared she is.

Is it wrong that I'm taking some comfort in the fact that Thea and DJDeadboy took the hit for the promised coming "Sexy Times"? 

• Love 6

Is it wrong that I'm taking some comfort in the fact that Thea and DJDeadboy took the hit for the promised coming "Sexy Times"? 

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

There's still the spoiler of Felicity's shoulder scar making an appearance, though.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

There's still the spoiler of Felicity's shoulder scar making an appearance, though.

That doesn't mean sexy times for her necessarily either it could be in 318 if she is hurt God I don't want to see her in sexy times with Ray. With Oliver Yes Yes Yes!

• Love 1

That doesn't mean sexy times for her necessarily either it could be in 318 if she is hurt God I don't want to see her in sexy times with Ray. With Oliver Yes Yes Yes!

I suppose I should take comfort from the current episode which I am renaming Whiplash instead of Canaries.  If that episode proved anything, it proved that Felicity can want nothing to do with Oliver in one episode and be throwing him down for her own sexy times in the next regardless of any reasons or explanations to account for the change in her character. 

• Love 4

Mostly, I'm remembering last season, when many of us had similar reactions to character developments in episodes 13/14 and in particular various characters becoming Pod People. It seems to be an Arrow midseason trend, and I really don't think it means much for the last four or five episodes of the season. 

And regarding upcoming sexy times - there's still plenty of time for all sorts of hook-ups this season.  That might be encouraging, or discouraging, depending.

• Love 4

I suppose I should take comfort from the current episode which I am renaming Whiplash instead of Canaries.  If that episode proved anything, it proved that Felicity can want nothing to do with Oliver in one episode and be throwing him down for her own sexy times in the next regardless of any reasons or explanations to account for the change in her character.

She thinks he's being a dumbass and is pissed at him she still loves him. He makes it hard lol but the writers refuse to have a scene or two where they can talk things out.

• Love 1

Anyway, so based on that, I guess Laurel's trainer will end up being Nyssa?

I'd say so. Why Nyssa would take on a newbie is beyond me, but sure, why not. You'd think the Heir to the Demon would have better things to do. I'm sure she'll do it for Sara, and I will vomit. 

You know, I'm totally okay with Diggle covering for Arrow when necessary, but seeing Roy in the green really irritates me (is there anything that doesn't these days?) I like Roy and CH, but it doesn't sit right with me.

• Love 6

Which show-runner in his/her right mind declares that a character (Felicity) is in love with another character (Oliver) on tumblr? This is something that should be happening ON THE FRAKING SHOW, not on the internet.

Or at least THE FLASH.... :)

• Love 11

Which show-runner in his/her right mind declares that a character (Felicity) is in love with another character (Oliver) on tumblr? This is something that should be happening ON THE FRAKING SHOW, not on the internet.

And as part of a defense in writing the most hated line in an episode. 

Hey Marc. T/O in this ep. made my day! But I am really disappointed with F/L conversation. It felt like you're using F to prop L, and kind of dehumanizing Sara in the way. F doesn't deserve it, S doesn't too and even L. Why you did such a thing?

I don’t think it’s dehumanizing to say that Sara was a tortured soul.  So’s Oliver — and Felicity’s in love with him!

Edited by BkWurm1
And let's not forget that Sara also said (right before she died) that Oliver wasn't his mask and he needed people who don't wear them. Sorry but the only woman not wearing a mask anymore is Felicity.

Yes she did, but are we really taking Sara's words as gospel, about light, masks, anything.  Its just one woman's opinion.  Helena had her own contrasting opinion about "darkness never coming out"

• Love 1

Mostly, I'm remembering last season, when many of us had similar reactions to character developments in episodes 13/14 and in particular various characters becoming Pod People. It seems to be an Arrow midseason trend, and I really don't think it means much for the last four or five episodes of the season.

And regarding upcoming sexy times - there's still plenty of time for all sorts of hook-ups this season. That might be encouraging, or discouraging, depending.

I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone over that line about Laurel having a light and then hugging her. It made me want to throw sharp objects on my TV. On second thoughts, I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone but Laurel. I just want LL away from my people - Diggle and Felicity - because her vicinity turns them into pod people instead of the characters we have lived for over two years.

• Love 7

Yes she did, but are we really taking Sara's words as gospel, about light, masks, anything.  Its just one woman's opinion.  Helena had her own contrasting opinion about "darkness never coming out"

Seeing as the motif for this season is identity (which is linked to wearing and not wearing a mask on this show) then yes, I am going to take what Sara said seriously. Maybe not as 'gospel' because this is still Arrow and it's still written by shitty writers who lack any sort of consistency, but Sara said that for a reason. 

• Love 6

You kinda got the feeling that they didn't think 313 was gonna be that great... perhaps they're throw away of the season. I have yet to watch it, stuck on the night shift tonight. Evidence to support they might not have had faith in this episode. They took forever to allow the KC interviews to get dropped. It might just be the sites themselves, but it didn't seem that the CW was eager to release them. Also, they released the extended promo for 314, doesn't that usually take a day or so after previous show airs? Either way it seemed like they were a little to eager to get fans to reinvest back in the show & Oliver from a PR standpoint.

Either way, Im sorta pumped for 314... It's gonne be fun to watch Oliver dodge all of his island traps & get back that killer instinct. Im not saying I want him to be a killer again. But the guy does need to a little fire under him if he's gonna defeat Ras or MM. Since the disaster date & Sara's death, it seems like Oliver's been walking around in a hazy little bubble. If he's gonna beat Ras, he's gonna need more than that satchel & his love for his sister/Felicity. He knew 2 things going into the Climb show down & that didn't turn out so well. Although I admire the two things her knew, he really needed to believe that he could defeat Ras. Its not about losing his humanity, its about belieivng in himself. I honestly, don't think he believe in his abilities when he faced Ras the first time. When facing someone like Ras, the underdog always has to believe that he can win, not that "he's not sure if he's a killer anymore". So if MM inspired little trip to the island to face off with Slade helps get OQ his mojo back, then I guess I can diggle it. I really wish he had just explained this to Felicity & TA in the first place. And I really hope he has his guard about MM, cuz MM is not a trustworthy ally. I also think an honest conversation w/ Felicity prior to her shattering his heart last week, that led to a more passionate reunion also could have helped the poor guy find some of his mojo.

Lastly, if Felicity & Diggle are gonna be in the flashbacks, I hope they do not directly interact with Oliver in a significant way. I like the origins of their friendship the way current TV canon has defined them. It would feel a little too cheesy, if all the sudden he interacted with them in the past & everyone completely forgot about it. Felicity indirectly helping him through Maseo, would be neat & hint @ destiny, but without ruining the perfection of their origin. I just don't want it to be like the Lost flash sideways that were too contrived & ruined the magic of the flashes. 

I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone over that line about Laurel having a light and then hugging her. It made me want to throw sharp objects on my TV. On second thoughts, I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone but Laurel. 

Maybe that hug between Felicity and Laurel is where KC got the idea she's in a love triangle.  She might even think she's winning.  It's more action than Oliver is getting. 

• Love 5

honestly though, I don't understand KC saying that Oliver/Laurel are soulmates and that they'll probably revisit them at some point... Like Felicity's character is taking so many hits for Laurel, actively propping Laurel up, and KC just wants to crap all over that just for the sake of Laurel having Ollie back? Because we know the writers are eventually going to have Oliver/Felicity happen, it's just a matter of time. I don't think I'm being articulate here, but that's just a shitty thing to want :p And that's me not even taking into account that Ollie and Laurel are just so bad for each other that I don't understand why an actress would want that for her character other than for selfish reasons. 

• Love 4

honestly though, I don't understand KC saying that Oliver/Laurel are soulmates and that they'll probably revisit them at some point... Like Felicity's character is taking so many hits for Laurel, actively propping Laurel up, and KC just wants to crap all over that just for the sake of Laurel having Ollie back? Because we know the writers are eventually going to have Oliver/Felicity happen, it's just a matter of time. I don't think I'm being articulate here, but that's just a shitty thing to want :p And that's me not even taking into account that Ollie and Laurel are just so bad for each other that I don't understand why an actress would want that for her character other than for selfish reasons. 

At this point I don't even see Laurel and Oliver as friends and I certainly never viewed them as soul mates. Do they even like each other? I just think they're so weighed down by their history but not in a good, positive way that enriches their relationship. They just seem to be worse people around each other. 

And I'm sorry but she clearly doesn't really care all that much about her character. She just wants to be the lead, in every way that means, including being the love interest. Have you listened to that interview though? I only heard some of it but she didn't even sound like she believed what she was saying. Stopping and starting, hesitance. Just so awkward. I don't trust anything she says.

Yeah, I'm feeling very bitter towards Laurel at the moment. I apologize if that offends her fans. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7

Had a thought, (forgive me if it's already been suggested) what if the person that gets stuck in the Lazarus Pit (assuming it is used) is Quentin?  We had that set up earlier where Laurel can't lose anyone else and they didn't play the Quentin dies when he learned of Sara's death card but at the same time they haven't dropped his health issues which in TV land means they are planning something. 

If we lost Quentin then we lose any contact with the police and that would hamper the structure of the show, I think...though I suppose if they could bring back McKenna they could stir something up, which I don't want so I'm back to hoping we can save Lance with the Lazarus Pit and hope the probable crazy doesn't last long. 

What? Felicity said Laurel has a light in her? Lmaooooo

Soon Felicity's propping duty will be expanded to include "Lauriver champion"... Just watch. MG would think let's make Felicity a Lauriver shipper... the viewers will like what she likes. Errr... Nope.

That probably will happen. When Felicity is happily ensconced in her mentally abusive relationship with the boss who tracks her every move, she can start telling Oliver that Laurel is just a peach, and he should do all he can to get back together with her, because they'd be a cute couple. 

Sorry guys, I just don't think Oliver/Felicity is ever going to happen in a real way. They may have a fling or a brief, misery-filled relationship, but that's about as far as it will go. The writers will end up forcing a love interest into the show to get Felicity out of the way. If it's not 50 Shades, it'll be someone else.

And the Castle comparisons just keep on coming. By season 3, the writers of that show had to start explaining what they actually meant on the internet, because none of it was coming across successfully from the actual writing of the show. But then, I recall the story about things getting so nonsensical there that Stana Katic once had to use a whiteboard to map out her character's thought processes, just to get them to make sense to her.

Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards must have a whole room dedicated to the whiteboards they need to make sense of their characters.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

And the Castle comparisons just keep on coming. By season 3, the writers of that show had to start explaining what they actually meant on the internet, because none of it was coming across successfully from the actual writing of the show. But then, I recall the story about things getting so nonsensical there that Stana Katic once had to use a whiteboard to map out her character's thought processes, just to get them to make sense to her.

At least I never wondered for a second on Castle what was endgame.  When, How. And more than I liked of Why Not? But I never wondered who.  Gave me a lot of peace of mind in watching it.  Still does. 

• Love 5

I think i finally figured out what KC meant with the Oliver/Felicity/Laurel triangle. Laurel is falling in love with Felicity and voila love triangle.

Let's hope this love does not involve SWFming Felicity as well.

You know she can do it!

7b855b34e3071c58f9d05be5a3919049.jpg

Back to the spoiler discussion: the 314 "Olicity" scene advertised my Trollenheim is probably less than 10 seconds long. But I'm counting on Thea asking Oliver about his feelings towards a ertain blonde.

I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone over that line about Laurel having a light and then hugging her. It made me want to throw sharp objects on my TV. On second thoughts, I would take Felicity's sexy times with anyone but Laurel. I just want LL away from my people - Diggle and Felicity - because her vicinity turns them into pod people instead of the characters we have lived for over two years.

While I hated that line I don't want Felicity getting sexy times with Ray AT ALL. Only Oliver Barry or Sara if she was alive ooh Nyssa as well lol

So is it me or does MG throw out "Olicity" teases (which usually amount to nothing) when he senses fans are upset?

Like that's supposed to appease people. That annoys the heck out of me.

eh he always sends Olicity teases on his tumblr.