Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Sadly, not even Thea finding out the truth is tempting me to watch that hot mess next week.

You kidding? Hallucination Black Canary beating the shit out of Fakcanary? Imma be the happiest bitchiest bitch next week once that scene airs. Songs will be written, parades will be walked, recipes will be invented to celebrate this wonderful event.

• Love 3

You kidding? Hallucination Black Canary beating the shit out of Fakcanary? Imma be the happiest bitchiest bitch next week once that scene airs. Songs will be written, parades will be walked, recipes will be invented to celebrate this wonderful event.

Haha. I'm not kidding. As much as I might enjoy that, I can totally see her turning it around and beating Canary in the end and no thanks. No way in hell would that ever happen. I've no interest in this story at all.

Haha. I'm not kidding. As much as I might enjoy that, I can totally see her turning it around and beating Canary in the end and no thanks. No way in hell would that ever happen. I've no interest in this story at all.

But even if she does beat her it's still a hallucination and we know that would never actually happen. But I'm so in for a little bit of the REAL Canary aka Sara taking her pound of flesh from Fakanary

• Love 1

But even if she does beat her it's still a hallucination and we know that would never actually happen. But I'm so in for a little bit of the REAL Canary aka Sara taking her pound of flesh from Fakanary

I agree, which is what makes it worse. Laurel will likely hallucinate beating her own sister. It's more the message they're sending out than anything. It's gross. Obviously I don't know for sure this is what will happen but if it is that's a giant nope from me.

They really do love awkward double dates in this universe. I'm reminded of that shambles with Tommy and Laurel and Oliver and Helena. Incidently that's the episode I decided Laurel was a snot and that Oliver should date someone fun like Felicity.

And where is Linda Parks? Perhaps she's gone by then but really why must Barry go alone? Neh.

Who's that other dude with Felicity, Barry, Iris, Palmer, and Eddie in the pic posted in the spoiler thread? Barry's date? ;)

I will laugh forever if it turns out that the person that actually will, finally, be able to make Oliver look at his life and his choices turns out to be Slade Wilson in 3x14. That Slade is the one that makes Oliver realize how misguided it is to turn to the man that caused all his problems and have that man be the one to help train him to get out of the mess that said man made. I think I kind of hope now that Slade will be the one to get Oliver to find another way with the Ra's/Malcolm problem and push him toward figuring out his identity problems about being Oliver Queen and being the Arrow.

• Love 1

I'm having trouble figuring out 3x18.  From MG's tumblr responses, we know: Mama Smoak will be physically present in Starling City in the present day, Felicity will be at the hospital due to an injury but we don't know who's injured, the phrase "hospital sex" will be used, Mama Smoak will not interact with any other characters, we'll get a tiny bit more about Felicity's background and/or her dad, and there'll be a 5 seconds' hint of Olicity in that episode.

They do still want viewers to tune into Flash, right?  

Flash fans already sound unhappy about this Ray/Felicity crossover. Making Barry feel like a fifth wheel does not sound encouraging, and add in Ray and Felicity dating, which is already not going over all that well, and....wow. Good luck, Flash!

• Love 4

They called Barry/Felicity and Eddie/Iris a double date too, but it really wasn't so I'm not putting a whole lot of thought into that photo now. Besides, why would Barry be there at all? It may just be a joke.

• Love 1

Like why would Barry tag along. It might be some sort of Team up or outings as friends.

Maybe they're at fancy trivia night at Jitters?! Honestly, the most disappointing thing about that picture is that Iris has still hitched her wagon to the most boring man alive. But since this isn't the place for that complaint let me just say that I hope they're out to dinner to do some surveillance or something non-mundane.

• Love 2

Perhaps the hard left turn they are taking in 3.15 is Oliver rethinking his working/training with Malcolm? There is a photo of Arrow aiming at Malcolm in that episode. They are at a helipad. Maybe he decides to turn him over to Ra's? It is called Nanda Parbat.

IIRC isn't Malcolm responsible for Thea and Oliver ending up on Lian Yu at end of 3.13 for 3.14? Perhaps instead of trying to redeem himself he's still just being emotionally manipulative?

I can't decide how sarcastic MG's tumblr response about not bending over backwards to get us to like him (Malcolm)is.

• Love 1

From Stephen's interview

Arrow has been a show about a man's journey from vigilante to hero. In season one, Oliver was a killer. In season two, he took a vow not to kill, going as far as to spare Slade (Manu Bennet), the man who killed his mother Moira (Susanna Thompson). His apparent death in season three is one step more on that journey to hero, says Amell.

Yet all anybody else has to do is just put on costume. Poor Oliver was dealt the short end of the stick actually having to give blood, sweat and tears to be a hero.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 10

Anyone want to take a bet that 50 Shades is also on Iris's freebie list? Because the writers aren't completely ripping off everything about Oliver Queen to make this strawman figure.

Honestly, the way this show treats Oliver Queen is unbelievably shabby. The writers seem to completely take him for granted as a character, and just figure they can devote all their attentions elsewhere, and Stephen Amell will just do what he can with the nonsense they don't steal from him to give to other people.

• Love 1

Perhaps the hard left turn they are taking in 3.15 is Oliver rethinking his working/training with Malcolm? There is a photo of Arrow aiming at Malcolm in that episode. They are at a helipad. Maybe he decides to turn him over to Ra's? It is called Nanda Parbat.

Maybe 3.15 is when Oliver tips his hand as to the long game he's playing with Malcolm and we find out Oliver or Malcolm has been colluding with Ra's. Or something. We've been spending this whole season thinking Malcolm's running from Ra's, but what if he's not? Or...something, I don't know.

Edited by apinknightmare

Are they going to send me a cool mask soon?

Okay, guys, what's my cool code name going to be? Do I keep Calliope? And my weapon of choice? I'd like to formally invite everyone into the PTV's Justice League. I'll bring donuts to the first meeting.

• Love 7

I've been hoping for a team up with Ra's. Malcolm has always seemed way worse, IMO, and he is the root cause of every single problem this season. Ra's would never have come after Oliver otherwise. Malcolm needs to be taken out, Ra's style with a sword in the chest. Or throat. I'm not fussy tbh. 

So yeah. I hope this team up with Malcolm doesn't happen, or there's a twist. Please let there be a twist. I can't take the stupid.

Edited by Guest

I've been hoping for a team up with Ra's. Malcolm has always seemed way worse, IMO, and he is the root cause of every single problem this season. Ra's would never have come after Oliver otherwise. Malcolm needs to be taken out, Ra's style with a sword in the chest. Or throat. I'm not fussy tbh. 

So yeah. I hope this team up with Malcolm doesn't happen, or there's a twist. Please let there be a twist. I can't take the stupid.

Why limit it to this season? He sabotaged the Gambit. He is responsible for EVERYTHING

• Love 2

Why limit it to this season? He sabotaged the Gambit. He is responsible for EVERYTHING

Exactly. He's been this looming big bad ever since s1, which is why I am stunned that Oliver offered him protection, why Thea even acknowledges that he exists and calls him dad, why anyone would even consider working with him. The logic has failed completely and it's so frustrating to watch. I'm thisclose to cutting ties with this show and its bullshit. They think their audience is stupid and it's insulting.

Edited by Guest

If there's a twist that Oliver and/or the team have been secretly working with Ra's or against Malcolm--and if that ruse stretches over multiple episodes or even most of the season--they need to be really, really careful with how that comes off, because it's a super cheap trick to pull a Mansion-style ruse on the audience. It often just feels like weak storytelling, that you had to tell a fake story to your audience to hide the real kicker, because otherwise you'd have no tension. And you burn trust that we can believe what we're seeing. But you know, they do love jump-the-shark moments apparently, so.

• Love 1

I don't think Oliver has any secret alliance with Ra's, I think it's far more likely Ra's is running a long game on Oliver, using Malcolm and Maseo and maybe Tommy and/or Sara. 

It's funny Steven talked about being on his knees before Ra's. And all I cant think of is this:

untitled-6_41.jpg?itok=j2MTC1l4

Only he'll defeat Ra's with weapons, friends, AND Hope! Heh.

• Love 1

I don't think there's a secret team up with Ra's yet. I think Ra's might offer Oliver the chance to team up and hopefully Oliver will agree, if it gets rid of Malcolm. I suppose it all depends what happens on the island with Slade. Malcolm must take them there for a reason. 

I'm wondering if they're really gearing Malcolm up for redemption, or if they were just heavy-handed with the good guy talk last night so a) we could see how hoodwinked Thea is, b) it would give Roy some leverage in the Laurel/Roy vs. Felicity/Diggle fight for the team up, and c) make Oliver maybe not look so cray for teaming up with him and continuously keeping the secret that Malcolm had/(has?) drugged her? I have a feeling this good guy stuff might be dropped pretty quickly.

Edited by apinknightmare

I'm wondering if they're really gearing Malcolm up for redemption,

I really don't think so, you don't remind your audience of every horrible thing (531 people!) the dude has done whilst arguing for that redemption, and and at the same time show him being just as smug/arrogant as ever through most of it.

I think we're supposed to see that Oliver wants to believe in redemption for anyone, because he's been that "killer" too, not to Malcolm's magnitude, he killed to survive, and then out of vegeance/misbegotten "justice", but still, he's got a LOT of bodies/souls on his conscience, he has to allow for the possibility, if he wants to be karmically forgiven. In that respect, sure I think he is on some level legitimately trying to get through to the Malcolm who was a maybe a good guy before his wife died (I don't think he was, but I'll throw him a bone).

Still, I don't think that is in any way blinding him to the facts of who and what Malcolm is, and how far he can trust him, he thinks he's being pragmatic (wrong thing right reason), he thinks he's protecting Thea. He thinks he's being a good brother even if he's being a bad Hero, but really two things can be true Oliver, your are a middling Hero AND you are a really shitty brother.

I'd actually like Diggle to have a talk with Oliver about all this (ends justify the means stuff) by comparing him to Amanda Waller, I think that might shake Oliver up in ways nothing else has.

• Love 5

TVLine posted the pic from the Suicide Squad episode (already posted in the Spoilers thread).

I'm actually kind of looking forward to that episode. I liked Cupid, and the episode should be mostly free from a lot of the more annoying elements of this season - at least I hope so.

• Love 3

Looking forward to Suicide Squad, because I really love watching Diggle and Lyla work together, and Deadshot brings so much to what could have been a typical VotW. And Cupid could bring an interesting dynamic to it as well.

So, I've got 6 months of karate and still a white belt, but I think I'm totally ready to put on a mask and lots of buckles and go kick some ass. Maybe buckles give you super strength. Yeah, that's it. And I'm a bad liar, so I ought to be a great fighter too. 

• Love 6

Watching Oliver make that deal just reminded me of a couple things:

The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.

You either die a Hero or live long enough to see yourself become a Villain.

• Love 7

I'm certainly looking forward to the Suicide Squad episode, because anything involving them means that Diggle finally gets to do things.  And David Ramsey is really at his best, when it ends up being him as the normal person in a sea of crazy.

And, yes, I get a kick out of the Diggle/Deadshot relationship for some reason.  I guess it's because I don't feel like the show is "redeeming" Deadshot, but just showing that all of his bad acts are just business, and Diggle is just putting up with it, because there are worst things out there.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

I keep thinking this "hard left turn that no-one saw coming" has to do with Nyssa. Mostly because I don't want Nyssa to just be a prop for Laurel.:)

I have a feeling this twist is not going to be as unexpected as MG thinks, since fans are speculating about every possible scenario under the sun.  He said something like the story will go in a direction we're not expecting.  Well, right now we're expecting Oliver to have another showdown with Ra's - because training with Malcolm and whatnot.  But remember the spoiler about how Ra's reaction to Oliver the second go-around will be surprising?  So the theory that Ra's doesn't want to fight Oliver again but perhaps makes an offer to him is certainly possible.

I'm tired of this trend that mass murdering villains can or should be redeemed (Once Upon a Time, Sleepy Hollow).

I want to join the PTV Justice League (waving hand in air)!  My codename will be Echo. I can type really fast - so that should totally qualify me to be a superhero in the Arrow world.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4