Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

ETA: I actually don't mind Laurel's top, to be honest. It's actually kind of pretty. It just does not go well with that jacket and those pants.

I like it too (I almost bought it but when I got there, they only had grey and black left).   It's the combination of top, pants, short jacket (the cut lines are all in different places) and the high heels that makes me giggle. And that Nyssa's wearing almost the same thing, and has her parted the same way.

• Love 2

Well it looks like yet again, Felicity is an EA this season. It almost could have made sense last season but they failed there. And this season it makes even less sense considering that Ray was after Felicity for her tech skills (well apparently. Maybe she's just really good at organizing and keeping a schedule?)

Meanwhile, back in Starling City, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) will be taking up her new position under Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh)—but fear not, she’s still on Team Arrow. “She’s very exhausted with her dual jobs, almost dual personality, too,” Rickards says. “She’s been promoted to an executive assistant position there. She gets to work with Mr. Hunk. It’s been pretty flirty. Their IQs are accentuated by each other. He’s very brilliant and sort of awkward, but he’s running a business, so he’s a go-getter. She’s definitely an asset to him. They balance each other out, but also bring each other up with their IQs.

The rest of the interview is here and there's some Thea/Oliver related information.

That would make no sense. Didn't Laurel Brown compare her new position to Scandal? How does that play?

I think the Scandal job referred to her job at Tech Village? I stopped watching Scandal but didn't one of the hackers work at a tech retail type store for one reason or another?

Oh, Nyssa.  I really is going to be a battle between my love for Katrina Law vs. my indifference on a good day for Laurel.

Actually, I swear, I'm trying to be nice, but I'm amused by Katie Cassidy's look in that shot.  Nyssa/Katrina's reaction is what I expected: she looks stunned, hurt, sad, and upset.  But Laurel just looks confused.  To be fair, there probably is a reason for that, but it almost looks like Laurel is looking at Nyssa and thinking "What is she upset about?  Yeah, Sara is dead, but I'm still here!  Why is she so sad?!"  Again, maybe there is a reason for that look, but it just cracks me up.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Yeah, over on Scandal one of the characters happened to be working in a tech store during the premiere. And that kinda ends the comparison except that now I want either Nyssa or Oliver or Deadshot or Komodo or anybody, really, to head over to Scandal and shoot Fitz.  

Regarding Felicity as EA: show, we get it. You're on a budget and you really, really love the QC office set because you can easily set up the window stunts in it and you've got the camera placement set, but you need to find better reasons to put your characters in that set. Really. Oliver's "we all have secret identities now" was pressing your luck enough last season.

• Love 5

Until the show tells me differently I'm going with the Felicity is Ray's EA as a Natalie Abrams-ism.  I love how she was running around Twitter asking for EBR questions and the article is literally 2 sentences from EBR and the rest from SA. 

EBR used the words promotion. I'm focusing on that.

• Love 1

Hmmm...if Ray really does make Felicity his EA (and went through all that stalking to do so) then I think I'm 124% done with him. I'm sure he'll have nefarious/comics! reasons to keep her around and actually use her superior brain skills, but there is no excuse not to make her Head of IT or Applied Sciences. I really hope EBR is keeping her cards close to her chest and not revealing her real position because, if true, booooo Show. Boooo.

• Love 4

An EA position makes no sense. Who spends blah blah millions for an EA? 

Dual Personalities? I'm assuming that Felicity and Ray will be all light and bantery and Team Arrow and Felicity will be all Arrowy. I really hope they play up the mystery aspect of Ray early on because I don't want to feel like I'm watching two different shows. I also want Felicity to do some sleuthing on her own. Veronica Mars it so to speak. 

Oh how I wish the continuation of that scene is Nyssa standing up and punching Laurel in the face just because or for burying Sara in an old grave. Either one would work for me. I just want someone to be upset of their treatment of Sara. 

That seems like a good scenario.

My ultimate Nyssa fantasy is that every time she sees Laurel, she tranqs her because she could and that is what everyone should do.

• Love 3

An EA. Again. Ray spent over a billion dollars for her to be his EA. Really, show?  Fucking hell.

At this point, I hope Nyssa takes out Laurel, grabs the stupid magical jacket, tells Oliver to put his big boy pants on and stop brooding, hugs Quentin for an hour and then leaves Starling City.  I hope Felicity stays in Central City and then the Diggle crew settles there because, well, the school system there is so much better.

I'm so annoyed right now about the stupid EA job. How is that - in any way - a promotion?

Hoping that Natalie Abrams screwed it all up. Because this is just bull otherwise.

• Love 3

Hmm I'm going to go with "acting" EA? I mean I think she'll be used for her brain, not her filing systems. So, Ray flirts with Felicity. Mhmm I see.

Does anyone else think Felicity's reputation at QC will be shot by the end of season 3? First she sleeps with Oliver, and now Ray. I am just saying.

• Love 2

Oh, Nyssa.  I really is going to be a battle between my love for Katrina Law vs. my indifference on a good day for Laurel.

Actually, I swear, I'm trying to be nice, but I'm amused by Katie Cassidy's look in that shot.  Nyssa/Katrina's reaction is what I expected: she looks stunned, hurt, sad, and upset.  But Laurel just looks confused.  To be fair, there probably is a reason for that, but it almost looks like Laurel is looking at Nyssa and thinking "What is she upset about?  Yeah, Sara is dead, but I'm still here!  Why is she so sad?!"  Again, maybe there is a reason for that look, but it just cracks me up.

Heh. That's exactly what her expression is saying. Me? I'm saying that it's not the most sensitive thing in the world to wear a dead girl's clothes in front of the woman who loved her. But this is Laurel, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she just walked around wearing Sara's mask, all day, every day.

And now I just find it even sadder that we never got to see Nyssa and Sara together. Not just from a prurient point of view (although, yowsa!), but just because it'd be nice to see them being flirty and lovey-dovey together. Chances of Nyssa taking Sara's body to Nanda Parbat, where she may or may not one day be resurrected? Slim to none. Because while these writers have shown a loose understanding of the word 'dead', they seem to want to forget Sara ever existed. Once Nyssa leaves, I doubt you'll hear Sara's name mentioned again until her killer is unveiled.

As for Felicity? Of course she's 50 Shades's EA. All the better to creep on her in the office and eventually seduce her. Why would anyone be surprised at that? Giving her a more appropriate job would mean she might actually be expected to spend some work scenes away from the guy, and you know these writers don't want to bother with that.

• Love 1

I bet Laurel puts on the jacket and mask ever night and twirls in front of the mirror.

And count me in on counting me out on Felicity being an EA again. That must be a mistake it makes no sense whatsoever. 

That's the first thing I noticed, how matchy matchy they are, even to their hairstyles. Maybe it's the official Mourning Sara costume?  Or the thing Nyssa respects about Laurel, how well she picks up on being other people.

Major fail on the matching color outfits.  How could anyone even think that was a good idea?  Incidentally, I think that hairstyle is the default hairstyle for women on the CW network because it shows up on every CW show.

Sara's jacket is too small on Laurel.  It doesn't look like Laurel can even zip up the front of the jacket.  And those pants look too big.

Yeah, I also don't get it if Felicity is an EA again.  I just assumed she would be put in charge of his IT group or get an executive officer position.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Love the look and I can't wait to see Felicity Smoak in Central City.

I'm most looking forward  to her interaction with Barry, Caitlin and Dr. Wells.   In particular, I'm curious about how Dr. Wells will react to her, whether or not the name Felicity Smoak will ring any bells, as it were.

I think just about the entire cast of characters on Flash, are likeable.  Even the least interesting of the bunch (for me, Iris and Eddie) aren't UNlikeable.   And I have to laugh at Felicity at the little workstation in the Flash headquarters.  LOL.

I think I'm going to enjoy this.

• Love 1

Actually, there's something kind of...traditional Middle Eastern about the proportions of Laurel's costume there. This is from a page with traditional Turkish costumes and apparently for some reason anime equivalents:

41.jpg

The short jacket, drapey top, "harem" pants.

Nyssa, take one for the team and haul her home with you!

• Love 4

I don't get why everyone is so hung up about the (potential) EA job. The point is just a) for Felicity to get to know Ray and to get close to him b) down the line, to be involved in whatever secret project he has. It doesn't change anything how it is called, as long it makes her interact with Ray a lot.

Natalie Abrams directly quoted EBR in that interview. So who screwed up?

I'm glad MG is answering fans about it this morning.

Without seeing the video or recording we'll never know but if I had to put money on someone it would be Abrams, she's horrid, IMO.  This is the same freaking woman who put this piece of trash out last year  http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season2-video-1071523.aspx .  Apparently she can't tell the difference between Oliver/Laurel and Roy/Thea...

• Love 1

Glad Marc said something, it didn't make sense to me when I read the article yesterday. 

Felicity would know what job she was accepting and she's the type to research before going to Ray IMO but I'm thinking maybe she thinks he wants her as his EA, he reveals he wants her for another position, it will surprise her and she starts seeing him in a different light, they work together more and more, etc and he ends up looking a lot nicer than current Oliver. 

Edited by rainydawn
  • Love 1

Without seeing the video or recording we'll never know but if I had to put money on someone it would be Abrams, she's horrid, IMO.  This is the same freaking woman who put this piece of trash out last year  http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season2-video-1071523.aspx .  Apparently she can't tell the difference between Oliver/Laurel and Roy/Thea...

omg lol she thought Roy and Thea were Oliver and Laurel. That`ts hilarious 

I don`t think I`m going to read any articles written by Natalie Abrams lol again. 

Edited by ban1o

My guess is that Ray is hiring Felicity to be some sort of liaison between his office, IT department, and/or Applied Sciences thus the title Executive Assistant or whatever.  If she was made a department head she would spend too much time managing other people and not actually using her skills.  This way she can focus on whatever project he needs her expertise on.  He went looking for her for her mind and had no clue what she looked like.  The point is to put her (a regular) in scenes with Ray (a special guest star).  It is as much about what he is up to as it is about developing her. 

As for an hour interview with only 2 lines in the article, which I have seen complaints about all over social media, perhaps they talked more about 3.05 than 3.03 or perhaps even F1.04?  I don't care for NA interviews but maybe we should wait and see?

• Love 1

Love the look and I can't wait to see Felicity Smoak in Central City.

I'm most looking forward  to her interaction with Barry, Caitlin and Dr. Wells.   In particular, I'm curious about how Dr. Wells will react to her, whether or not the name Felicity Smoak will ring any bells, as it were.

I would love a callback to when she hacked Harrison's computer last season, but I'm not holding my breath since The Flash promo for next week

makes it look like she's never met Caitlin and Cisco before

which is crazy after what happened with the Mirakuru cure. The lack of continuity between the two shows is starting to grate on me.

“She’s very exhausted with her dual jobs, almost dual personality, too,” Rickards says. “She’s been promoted to an executive assistant position there. She gets to work with Mr. Hunk. It’s been pretty flirty. Their IQs are accentuated by each other. He’s very brilliant and sort of awkward, but he’s running a business, so he’s a go-getter. She’s definitely an asset to him. They balance each other out, but also bring each other up with their IQs."

Obviously there's more to the EA thing (oh how much am I laughing that enough people were up in arms about it on twitter that MG felt the need to respond…wow) but the thing that strikes me is the 'dual personality.'

I know this season's theme is about the characters all struggling to balance two aspects of themselves but there's something kind of unnatural about Felicity having a dual personality. It feels almost like she's not really being truthful about who she really is - and this links into what BR said in an interview about how he has no idea about Felicity's life beyond the office with Team Arrow (at least not in the episodes they've filmed so far). I wonder if this will come into play with their so-called 'romance' later in the season? This just seems like another way she's better off with Oliver in the long run because she won't feel the need to keep those two sides of herself distinct from each other. At least I hope that's how it works out. 

Edited by Guest

I would love a callback to when she hacked Harrison's computer last season, but I'm not holding my breath since The Flash promo for next week

which is crazy after what happened with the Mirakuru cure. The lack of continuity between the two shows is starting to grate on me.

I didn't get the impression that they were trying to sell that Cisco and Caitlin hadn't ever met Felicity - I mean, they wouldn't know that she was working with the Arrow. Barry did introduce her to Iris in that clip though, is that the part you were thinking of?

The extended promo makes reference to Felicity hacking

Star Labs satellite

and the introduction scene seemed off. Almost wondering if they were playing at not knowing each other?

I didn't get the impression that they were trying to sell that Cisco and Caitlin hadn't ever met Felicity - I mean, they wouldn't know that she was working with the Arrow. Barry did introduce her to Iris in that clip though, is that the part you were thinking of?

No, I was referring to

Barry's introduction to what looks like Cisco and Caitlin. It just seemed strange that he would have to introduce her to people she already knows

. Maybe it's just the weird way the promo is cut.

No, I was referring to

Barry's introduction to what looks like Cisco and Caitlin. It just seemed strange that he would have to introduce her to people she already knows

. Maybe it's just the weird way the promo is cut.

I think the promo is just cut funny,

because it goes from Felicity introducing herself to Iris to her standing there with Barry as he's telling Caitlin and Cisco that she works with the Arrow.

I think the promo is just cut funny,

because it goes from Felicity introducing herself to Iris to her standing there with Barry as he's telling Caitlin and Cisco that she works with the Arrow.

Right, but

shouldn't they know that she works with the Arrow? Or else what was her excuse for why she had Mirakuru and needed an antidote for it?

• Love 1

Right, but

shouldn't they know that she works with the Arrow? Or else what was her excuse for why she had Mirakuru and needed an antidote for it?

Yeah, who knows what she told them about that.

Could be that the shot of Cisco saying "sweet" isn't even in response to Barry telling them that she works with the Arrow. For all we know the general reaction is, "Duh." or - maybe they were pretending not to know.

• Love 1

I know this season's theme is about the characters all struggling to balance two aspects of themselves but there's something kind of unnatural about Felicity having a dual personality. It feels almost like she's not really being truthful about who she really is - and this links into what BR said in an interview about how he has no idea about Felicity's life beyond the office with Team Arrow (at least not in the episodes they've filmed so far). I wonder if this will come into play with their so-called 'romance' later in the season? This just seems like another way she's better off with Oliver in the long run because she won't feel the need to keep those two sides of herself distinct from each other. At least I hope that's how it works out. 

I really hope this ties into her mother coming into town, and her meeting Oliver and Diggle. I have no idea if Mama Smoak is gonna cross paths with Palmer, but it kinda makes zero sense for her to meet Oliver and Dig [and per spoilers, we know she will]. From an outsider's POV, why would Felicity be hanging out with her former billionaire ex-boss and his bodyguard anyway? I'm very curious to see if they'll come up with an explanation, or if it'll be something else they handwave.

I also think they might be going for an ideal vs. real life with Felicity here. The ideal life being a great job working with Mr IQ and possibly dating him, and it all happening in daylight, vs. the real life being, well, a thankless crime fighting mission while having to deal with grumpy Oliver in the cave.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

There was not even a hint of Felicity in the Canadian promo. Interesting, how different it is what the two countries promote.

Yeah I found that strange too. When I saw the promo I was like, Isn't Felicity supposed to be in this episode lol? CTV does focus a lot less on romance and more on the action though.  

Edited by ban1o

GG said

Felicity knows more about Barry than he realized. I think this includes Iris.

Maybe Cisco and Caitlin didn't mention Felicity to Barry so he has no idea that they have met. 

Yes this. When Barrles woke up Harrison mentioned that

Iris visited Barrles very often

and was at his bed. I immediately thought of Felicity and how she was at his bed for 5 weeks. Then we also had Cisco and Caitlyn mention Iris in the season 2 crossover so Barry will be somewhat surprised at their familiarity.

I know who I'm hoping is left behind.

Haha, same. You just stay wherever you are with Ra's al Ghul and his merry men, training it up in Sara's jacket off camera.

DAs investigate break-ins? Okay, show.

Oh, how I wish they'd gone some other non-vengeance route to her being the BC. Angry, humorless Laurel is like...my second least favorite Laurel.

• Love 6