Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Even if that wasn't photoshopped (it is, right?), it's not like Oliver (or the writers) care about The List anymore. Otherwise, Oliver wouldn't have been so damn stupid about everything Isabel Rochev.

I think if they do spend any time on it, it will be about Oliver's manpain and the cost to him of losing the baby once, and then once again as he realizes that there is someone out there close to him that he could love but. he. just. can't. because of what he does, and contrasting to Diggle being a father to baby Sara.  (Enough with the manpain already, am I watching Arrow or Longmire?)

Though I'm getting tired of his manpain, I really hope the focus is on Oliver's feelings/thoughts rather than any plot devices to do with the child (kid gets kidnapped, is a savant with archery/martial arts, etc). I do not want too much focus on children on my superhero shows (or most shows, actually). I was hoping they would forget about the baby and not bring up Oliver's baby drama stuff again or, at least, not until the last season. I have an aversion to children (potentially) becoming prominent in shows. It's not that I hate child-centered storylines but more that there are very few child actors who don't come off as annoying or insufferably precious (one of the reasons I stopped watching OUAT was Henry, Kira Manning is only somewhat tolerable, little Bruce Wayne exhausts me, Cooorrll Grimes is getting better but only when he's with Michonne, Rickon Stark was useless--although the rest of the kids on GoT are pretty great).

I kinda wish the kid turns out to be a girl instead of a boy because I kinda don't want him to be Connor Hawke. Otherwise, he might become another shiny new (yay!)comics character the writers get distracted by again.

• Love 1

So re-watched that IGN Stephen, Katie and Marc interview and I'm so annoyed and disgusted. (God help me for watching this all the way through).

They knew what the 3rd season premiere was and you can see it in Katie's face and Marc's face. But, Stephen is the one that's the most telling. He is just stoic.

While Katie and Marc are looking at each other and they are talking to each other not to the interviewers. It's sickening. 

Thanks for taking one for the team, olicityfan25.  I couldn't get through it.

If MG is the one all excited about Laurel's new storyline,  heaven help us.

Stephen said that in season 2, between present day and flashbacks, Caity Lotz was the actor he worked the most with.  I imagine it was hard to read that script and know she was going to be gone.  (And no, flashbacks don't count.)

I am a huge fan of Oliver already knowing about the kid, because that explains the core of this whole Maseo and Threatened Son of Maseo thing. Deadshot and his daughter provide an example as well. Waller would absolutely have threatened Oliver's child. Whether she told him about the kid as leverage, or whether he found out and stayed away to avoid giving her leverage, it all folds together perfectly. It is also what he would have done. He would have stayed away, then and now. He would've made sure the child was taken care of, but he could've funneled tens of millions of dollars to her over the years. And it would cause earned, specific conflict with Felicity, whose own dad abandoned her. Of every possible conflict other than finding out he really does have some connection to her from before the meet-cute that he has been concealing, that is the one that would hit the hardest. She would understand why he made the choice to not have a relationship with his son THEN, but NOW? It's the same thing he's doing with her. Really more than anything he could ever do or not do wrt her, that is what would actually make her be like ok, I'm done. It gets us all the benefits of the kid without actually having a child actor to deal with, so best of all worlds.

Edited by thecatbastet
  • Love 3

Obviously the majority of us would choose neither, but if you had to choose between an episode focused solely on Laurel or an episode focused solely on Oliver's baby mama drama, which is more palatable? Or rather, which might cause the less aneurysms?

• Love 1

Obviously the majority of us would choose neither, but if you had to choose between an episode focused solely on Laurel or an episode focused solely on Oliver's baby mama drama, which is more palatable? Or rather, which might cause the less aneurysms?

I'll take baby mama drama any day of the week over another Laurel special.

• Love 6

I don't think I'd watch either. But I think the baby drama stuff would be the 1 of the two that most affects Oliver, and his story is the one I want to see (well, Felicity and Diggle and Thea's, too)... So if push came to shove, I'd pick baby drama in as much as it affected Oliver.  And that particular story would also affect Thea and Felicity.  And Diggle would be involved to an extent, too.

I feel an aneuryism coming on. ugh.

• Love 2

The worst most horrible poorly written baby mama drama with Oliver, well anything with Oliver is an infinitely easy choice to make over anything with Laurel ever

No joke. Going forward, the amount of Laurel will determine whether I stay with the show.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

Baby Mama Drama will also bring Laurel into the picture. He cheated on her at the time - no way that doesn't come up. Ugh.

Laurel would turn his kid's kidnapping into her drama.

"He cheated on me and fathered a kid. How is my life to go on? Where are my pills and booze? I'm a good person why does everyone hurt me!?!?"

My phone autocorrected "person" to "ordinary" let's dwell in that for a moment.

• Love 6

Laurel would turn his kid's kidnapping into her drama.

"He cheated on me and fathered a kid. How is my life to go on? Where are my pills and booze? I'm a good person why does everyone hurt me!?!?"

My phone autocorrected "person" to "ordinary" let's dwell in that for a moment.

Surely Laurel wouldn't even be surprised though. Because she knows him better than he knows himself.

But the idea of her thinking something like, 'how could he get some girl pregnant before he was even dating me?' is actually pretty funny, and pretty consistent with her character.

• Love 5

Another comic villain to crash the party: Vinnie Jones will be playing Brick.  Not famailer with that particular character, but judging from the description, it sounds like it will fit right in with Vinnie's admittedly limited wheel-house (I mean, I like Vinnie, but you shouldn't expect too much of him, acting-wise...)

It says he'll be appearing in three episodes, so maybe this baddie has a shot at leaving an impression, which no one besides Malcolm and Slade seem to be able to do (I might count Deadshot and Nyssa, but I'm not sure if they are technically villains anymore.)  Yeah, I'm getting tired at how they are wasting the villains on this show.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2
(edited)

Batman #244/mixed with Batman Begins....ripofff....Nolan should sue.

Brick in nu52 GA wasn't particularly memorable but from what I've heard of pre-Flashpoint Brick this sounds like good casting.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Another comic villain to crash the party: Vinnie Jones will be playing Brick.  Not famailer with that particular character, but judging from the description, it sounds like it will fit right in with Vinnie's admittedly limited wheel-house (I mean, I like Vinnie, but you shouldn't expect too much of him, acting-wise...)

It says he'll be appearing in three episodes, so maybe this baddie has a shot at leaving an impression, which no one besides Malcolm and Slade seem to be able to do (I might count Deadshot and Nyssa, but I'm not sure if they are technically villains anymore.)  Yeah, I'm getting tired at how they are wasting the villains on this show.

interesting. This show doesn't often do multiple episode archs for villains beside the main ones so It'll be interesting to see a 3 episode arch for Brick. 

• Love 1

Twitter is on fire from that picture right now. Seriously, it could melt all that snow in an instant.

So this is what his 'shirtless sword fighting - for a very good reason!' comment at NYCC was all about.  Ep 3X09.

Now I need to go splash some snow on my face or something, jeesh.

Not familiar with Brick. Must wiki that one.

Edited by writersblock51

Episode 3.03 dialogue tease

“… definitely no coffee. There will be no espressos brought to you by me. I stand very firm on that last point.”

Also, Felicity is changing her hair style!? Say it isn't so :p

tumblr_ndr9cwv5l01t3nye2o1_1280.jpg

She does look really pretty though. Damn her

Well, hairstyle change is usually code for a "life-changing" decision on television. Man, I hope this whole Ray arc doesn't mess with Felicity's character. Still leery of his stalkerish character but cautiously hoping for good things.

But oh, Vinnie Jones! I like him. Guy makes for a great villain, usually. I hope he keeps his accent.

Re: that breath-taking shot of SA's muscly back, I mean the snow-covered landscape of Canada, does this mean that the epic shirtless sword (that looks more like a machete, though) fighting is during the present? The hair suggests it's Oliver and not flashback-Ollie who will be duelling with blades. I had assumed the blade fight would be training with Maseo but I guess it will be Oliver fighting with Ra's that leaves him hanging off a cliff? Sounds like something another superhero has done before.

I'm sure the action will be superb and I can't wait to see it but... Dear writers, please remember that Oliver is (Green) Arrow. Not Batman.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 2

That's how I took it, too. Looked like Ray was about to ask his assistant to get THEM coffee. But I love that she was just all "yeah, I'm not going to bring you any coffee." I just hope the writers don't find it funny to have her bring him one at the end of the day. I just might find somebody who knows voodoo by then. Felicity also said "no late-night emails. And no personal errands." So I'm wondering, what exactly is her job? I hope it's not as EA. I don't think it will be. No one shells out $1.2 billion for an EA. Even with advanced tech skills.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 5

I don't think so. I think she's some sort of IT person. 

I really hope so. Because I honestly don't know why else she would say what she did. Regardless, who in the world would drop 1.2 billion dollars just to get an EA?

I really hope so. Because I honestly don't know why else she would say what she did. Regardless, who in the world would drop 1.2 billion dollars just to get an EA?

I think Felicity was just annoyed and the writers were trying to be funny due to her experience with Oliver. I don't know anyone who would drop 1.2 billion to hire anyone let alone an EA lol But from episode 1 it sounded like he wanted some sort of IT technology person. 

• Love 1

I think Felicity was just annoyed and the writers were trying to be funny due to her experience with Oliver. I don't know anyone who would drop 1.2 billion to hire anyone let alone an EA lol But from episode 1 it sounded like he wanted some sort of IT technology person. 

I really hate not knowing Ray's endgame. I mean why would he need Felicity's tech help that badly? But I see your point! 

Actually I don't know anyone who would drop 1.2 billion dollars just like that. :p 

• Love 1

I don't think Felicity is his EA.  I think the other guy that was in the room is the EA and Felicity is assuming he hired her to be his EA.  Ray's actions pre/post Felicity rant were one of speaking of coffee (and then he turns to the other guy) after she goes on her rant he's all Oooookaaaay.  I'm guessing he'll turn around and offer her a "good" position which will leave her speachless because that's just the way scenes like that play out.

Firstly Nooooooooooooo to Vinnie Jones. I think I even made a joke about 'so long as it isn't Vinnie Jones' last season. Hate him. Terrible person, awful actor.

Secondly, Brandon Routh is so pretty I really can't concentrate on his interview at all. Because. The Pretty.

Thirdly, Ray was totally about to offer her coffee.

Fourthly, I don't think Felicity has the faintest idea of what her new job is either.

• Love 4

Seems like Ray has an assistant with whom he was pulling an all nighter.

We don't know what position Felicity is rehired for. If she is assuming that she will be resuming her position as EA, then her pre-emptive tirade does make sense. She thought she would be EA and was stating her conditions and he called in her for something else and was offering her coffee instead.

PS: For a man who spent the entire night in office, he looked ridiculously fresh, or perhaps he shaved in anticipation of Felicity's visit.

Edited by TanyaKay

Aah you guys are probably right that she doesn't know what job she was hired for. I just assumed that due to what he told her in The Calm about wanting someone with her "tech skills" it was an IT position of some sort. (It probably does have something to do with technology./hacking though) 

Edited by ban1o

I can feel the "But why's" building already and the ep is still two days way.  Why would he pursue her so hard (to the tune of 1.2B) and not once mention to her what the job he was offering her was?  And she accepted the position not knowing what it was?  Neither makes any sense to me...  I'm going to hope the coffee scene is something else (although, my first thought with the dialogue tease   is what is her position that she thinks it entails getting coffee?).

• Love 2

I think he was going to offer her coffee/espresso in that clip, but her frayed nerves jumped to a conclusion.  He looked taken aback by her response.

My assumption has been that the new job she's taking is purely IT but working closely with him.  But now I'm not sure if she knows.

I liked BR in the interview.  He comes off as very down to earth.  I know he's a big guy but jeez his assistant is tiny, too. Or the camera angle hypes it up?

I only know Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. And I think that character sounds like Brick.

Liking BR does not mean I like how Ray will turn out.  We'll see.

• Love 1

I can feel the "But why's" building already and the ep is still two days way.  Why would he pursue her so hard (to the tune of 1.2B) and not once mention to her what the job he was offering her was?  And she accepted the position not knowing what it was?  Neither makes any sense to me...  I'm going to hope the coffee scene is something else (although, my first thought with the dialogue tease   is what is her position that she thinks it entails getting coffee?).

Yeah that's true. Felicity is smart. She wouldn't take a position not knowing what it was. She probably just jumped to conclusions. 

Edited by ban1o

I've concluded that Felicity just doesn't like CEO's (or authority figures in general).  When Walter first called her to his office in S1, she arrived ranting about how he couldn't fire her because she was his best tech employee.  When Oliver first became CEO, she had her (justified) I'm-not-an-EA rant.  And she's already ranted at Ray twice - once before she took the job and this new one on her first day.  It's like her default "I'm not going to be pushed around" stance that she takes with these guys who have power over her job, but who she's nevertheless trying to set boundaries with, even though she's not entirely sure of her ground.  In a way it kind of explains why she was so willing to join Oliver's crusade - she's innately anti-establishment.

• Love 10

I've concluded that Felicity just doesn't like CEO's (or authority figures in general).  When Walter first called her to his office in S1, she arrived ranting about how he couldn't fire her because she was his best tech employee.  When Oliver first became CEO, she had her (justified) I'm-not-an-EA rant.  And she's already ranted at Ray twice - once before she took the job and this new one on her first day.  It's like her default "I'm not going to be pushed around" stance that she takes with these guys who have power over her job, but who she's nevertheless trying to set boundaries with, even though she's not entirely sure of her ground.  In a way it kind of explains why she was so willing to join Oliver's crusade - she's innately anti-establishment.

Yeah this makes sense :) I agree with you. It's consistent. 

KC interview. 

Edited by ban1o

I can feel the "But why's" building already and the ep is still two days way.  Why would he pursue her so hard (to the tune of 1.2B) and not once mention to her what the job he was offering her was?  And she accepted the position not knowing what it was?  Neither makes any sense to me...

To the first - because she never gave him the chance. She's cut him off at the knees when he's tried to speak to her and she spammed his emails so I assume she didn't read them either. As to the second, she's just had two very emotional, very upsetting things happen in her life and she wants to move on. She probably just doesn't care all that much right now about the what, just that it isn't about Oliver or that part of her life.

KC interview. 

...I'm gonna steer clear of KCs interviews lol Also I think that should be in the public appearances thread! If anyone would like to take one for the team, watch it, and report back that would be great! :p

• Love 2

Based on that interview .It seems like Caity isn't back in the first 9 episodes .

...I'm gonna steer clear of KCs interviews lol Also I think that should be in the public appearances thread! If anyone would like to take one for the team, watch it, and report back that would be great! :p

oh I'll post it there then. I was afraid it might have spoilers but I just watched it and it was pretty spoiler light. This interview actually wasn't that bad :P I had no problem with most of the thing she said actually. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

To the first - because she never gave him the chance. She's cut him off at the knees when he's tried to speak to her and she spammed his emails so I assume she didn't read them either. As to the second, she's just had two very emotional, very upsetting things happen in her life and she wants to move on. She probably just doesn't care all that much right now about the what, just that it isn't about Oliver or that part of her life.

I just find it a little hard to believe that in all the attempts to contact her (and it sounds like there were many) this great businessman never got in a hint of what he wanted her for, but ok, accepting that, that the details of the position were never discussed after she agreed to work for him.  I know the show will ignore it all, but it seems nonsensical to me that she's apparently showing up for her first day of work not knowing what position she was hired for.  I know the writers will think it's all very romantic comedy cute, but it's just yet another story beat that's going to make me roll my eyes if it plays out that way.

• Love 2

Every time KC calls Laurel a warrior, I want to cut a bitch!

PS: She never answers the question that is asked. If she is asked if she is gonna miss Caity Lotz, her response was Caity has been very supportive of the show. I mean WTF! This girl suffers from ADHD and should stick to five points and not veer away from those.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 2

I want to know what KC says in her interview out of morbid curiosity but I also don't want to watch it. Do you see my problem?

A thing I found interesting is she said her schedule is pretty much flipped and now she has a lot of night shootings because she is more involved in the action....whaaaaat??

Also lol at her non-answers

• Love 1

I just find it a little hard to believe that in all the attempts to contact her (and it sounds like there were many) this great businessman never got in a hint of what he wanted her for, but ok, accepting that, that the details of the position were never discussed after she agreed to work for him.  I know the show will ignore it all, but it seems nonsensical to me that she's apparently showing up for her first day of work not knowing what position she was hired for.  I know the writers will think it's all very romantic comedy cute, but it's just yet another story beat that's going to make me roll my eyes if it plays out that way.

Well, to be fair Ray Palmer said he was familiar with her from her work at QC. What was her highest profile job at QC? Being Oliver's assistant. He was looking to hire someone with her expertise, which in her mind might've meant her experience as an EA. He might've been clear about the job he was REALLY offering her and she tossed it into spam with his messages. She obviously thinks she was hired as his EA since she's telling him she's not going to run any personal errands. It seems very Working Girl to me, like when Melanie Griffith thought she was being hired to be a secretary when her own secretary asks what's expected of her.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

She was asked what she would be doing in Flash Crossover and her response a maniacal laugh and that it would be great.

If she is not in that episode or if she is not directly working with people from Flash, why not just say that he arc did not interact with the people from Flash.