Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think the photo from Rick Cossett is from the same day this one was take. The trench coat and hair looks the same. Candice posted this last week.

true. You are right. The pic is probably old then :P 

Edited by ban1o

Rick Cosnett was handling the just jared account today and posting all kind of photos from set. Promo for todays Flash. And if people post a pic of Felicity that gives them lots of attention, lots of RT very quickly.

• Love 1

I'm confused. In the picture with Rick Cosnett, EBR is holding Christmas decorations, but I thought that The Flash's Christmas episode was 1x09 (aka not the crossover with Arrow). So is Felicity in 1x08 and 1x09 of The Flash or just 1x08? It wouldn't really make sense for her to go from Starling City (in 3x07) to Central City (in 1x08) back To Starling City (for 3x08) and then back to Central City (for 1x09). I'm over-thinking this lol

I'm confused. In the picture with Rick Cosnett, EBR is holding Christmas decorations, but I thought that The Flash's Christmas episode was 1x09 (aka not the crossover with Arrow). So is Felicity in 1x08 and 1x09 of The Flash or just 1x08? It wouldn't really make sense for her to go from Starling City (in 3x07) to Central City (in 1x08) back To Starling City (for 3x08) and then back to Central City (for 1x09). I'm over-thinking this lol

I think she's just in 1x08.  1x08 probably takes place in early December so they would still have Christmas decorations I think (at least where I live, a lot of people put up decorations in the middle November :P) 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Sorry if someone has already posted this or it is completely obvious...

I just realised why they choose to go with the ridiculous 'Sara has been dead for the past 6 years' thing. Because otherwise there would be an actual murder investigation. You know with cops, detectives and lawyers and all that.

Then they would have to take the time to set up a corruption in the system narrative arc to justify Laurel going outside the law. (In any case that should have been set up the moment they wrote laurel as a lawyer when intending her for bc)

So I guess they don't have time for that.

Hey gang, if you've noticed a post of yours missing it has probably been deleted. Please please try to keep on topic. This topic is for spoilers and speculation about those spoilers. Not for discussion of past events or any other discussion. Thank you.

• Love 1

He's definitely what I'm looking forward to the most. His appearance seems purposeful. I wonder why he's targeted. I wonder why he's in China. I saw him glance up when he turned around and wonder if he glimpsed Oliver (though from his vantage point, guy next to a sniper rifle). 

• Love 4

Colin Donnell only shot for one day and no scenes with Oliver.  Can I bear the Laurel angst to see the episode live, or should I wait for his scenes on youtube?

It's not that I expect Oliver and Laurel to not talk or have a relationship. But, I'm just surprised by the idea that there is so much to be mined from their scenes. Or them being around each other. I can think of alot of relationships on the show that would be more interesting to watch. And I would assume more creatively satisfying. Even in their "emmy worth" scenes I just didn't find them that entertaining. I guess we will see or not.

If they're trying to reset Laurel, they have to have wonderful scenes with her and Oliver because the last time we saw them together other than the brief scene in The Calm, Oliver was all "Do what you have to Slade, I don't care" about Laurel.

Re-setting Laurel involves making her BFFs again with Oliver. Unfortunately.  The timing, with Felicity becoming increasingly involved/intrigued by Ray is unmistakable.  Get Felicity get swept up into Ray's world so Oliver can help Laurel become a vigilante superhero and it's not his fault, Felicity is interacting with another guy..

PLEASE let Tommy be resurrected so he can kill Laurel.  Pretty please?

Yes.  Pretty please may I have that for Christmas?

If they're trying to reset Laurel, they have to have wonderful scenes with her and Oliver because the last time we saw them together other than the brief scene in The Calm, Oliver was all "Do what you have to Slade, I don't care" about Laurel.

Re-setting Laurel involves making her BFFs again with Oliver. Unfortunately.  The timing, with Felicity becoming increasingly involved/intrigued by Ray is unmistakable.  Get Felicity get swept up into Ray's world so Oliver can help Laurel become a vigilante superhero and it's not his fault, Felicity is interacting with another guy..

I don't buy L/O as BFF's though. In 301 we saw how natural he is with both Diggle and Felicity but I don't get that vibe with him and Laurel and I don't see it happening either. They can try, of course, but I don't think it will come across, especially the way KC is talking. I mean, in her mind L/O have always been BFF's and that is basically non-existent. I'm going to wait and see before I trust anything she has to say. KC was the one who said she wasn't going to be a damsel in distress in the finale and look how that turned out. She seems clueless.

But if they are resetting the L/O relationship to make them better friends, let them try. It won't matter because Oliver never once looked at Laurel the way he looked at Felicity when he first walked into that restaurant for their date. JFC it was like he was watching her walk down the goddamn aisle on their wedding day. There's no competing with that. Never.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

Question: Can you please tell me something about Laurel from Arrow? —Micaela

Ausiello: In addition to mourning Sara alongside familiar faces, the stages of grief also will point Laurel in the direction of a stranger — gym owner Ted “Wildcat” Grant, to be played by Emily Owens alum J.R. Ramirez starting with Episode 3. Meeting through her work for the D.A.’s office, “At first they definitely butt heads, but ultimately he surprises himself with the amount of respect he develops for Laurel,” Katie Cassidy tells us. And as one might surmise, given Laurel’s destiny to claim the Black Canary mantle, Ted is “definitely a part of her journey. He can see the potential that she has, and wants to help her evolve and grow.”

From TVline http://tvline.com

So much for the Laurel reset.

How long do you think he'll need to develop that surprising amount of respect for her? One scene, two scenes? Sigh.

I admit I tend to avoid KC interviews because they only end up irritating me, so I don't know if this is how she usually answers, but I'm struck that she answered the question about Ted Grant by talking about how he responds to Laurel instead of how Laurel - her character - responds to Ted. Re-reading this, I don't think I'm making sense, but I'd like to read what she thinks of Ted. How Ted affects her life and her journey. Or, let's be real, I just need to go back to avoiding certain actor's interviews.

• Love 5

WIldcat is only on for a couple of episodes, I think. Does that mean that Laurel will be physically able to fight so soon?  Not even Roy on Miraku was that quick.

Laurel and Oliver were never actually best friends but I can see where Laurel (and, clearly, KC) thinks they were.  I just wish KC actually watched the show before she spoke out loud, in public. 

I also wonder if her mentioning the number of people who will be impressed by Laurel is more of KC projecting what she HOPES will be the on-screen reaction or what's actually happening on screen.

She's not doing her character any favors.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 2

I admit I tend to avoid KC interviews because they only end up irritating me, so I don't know if this is how she usually answers, but I'm struck that she answered the question about Ted Grant by talking about how he responds to Laurel instead of how Laurel - her character - responds to Ted. Re-reading this, I don't think I'm making sense, but I'd like to read what she thinks of Ted. How Ted affects her life and her journey. Or, let's be real, I just need to go back to avoiding certain actor's interviews.

She thought Tommy took advantage of her - poor soul died while saving her - and I am sure she will play Ted as a stop gap arrangement. In her head, Oliver and Laurel are end game couples and she is gonna play it like that. Unless someone sits her down and hammers it into her that there will be no more Ollie and Laullie, she is gonna continue make heart eyes (or her version of heart eyes) at Oliver every time they share the screen.

Talking about kc's interviews. There was one where they specifically ask her about laurel and her journey and if she'll become bc after sara and her first answer is to say that green arrow needs black canary and that's how it's always been. Instead of talking about laurel she immediately mentions green arrow even though that has nothing to do with what they asked

• Love 1

I'm guessing Rick worked with Emily on ep 4 and Stephen on ep 8 (and not Emily). 

Colin may have only shot for a day but he could've been in a lot for that one day. 

Edited by wingster55

Talking about kc's interviews. There was one where they specifically ask her about laurel and her journey and if she'll become bc after sara and her first answer is to say that green arrow needs black canary and that's how it's always been. Instead of talking about laurel she immediately mentions green arrow even though that has nothing to do with what they asked

The thing is....if KC isn't going to be the black canary (& I really don't like Laurel) don't you think she'd have a gag order by TPTB if she hadn't been made some pretty serious promises or story projections??.... She must have been told that this is blue print of the story... Otherwise she wouldn't be doing interviews. Just a thought.  I am now going to continue to drown my sorrows...

• Love 1

Nice to see Tommy Merlyn again in that sneak peek. How many sneaks do we usually get? 2 or 3?

So, we got Quentin meeting up with the Arrow to give him a copy of their Komodo file (and a preemptive 'damn you, show!' if it turns out that they'll rob him of the chance to properly mourn his daughter's death, especially since he never got to the other time) and grunge-haired Oliver the sniper about to cap the lovely Tommy in a flashback. I wonder if they'll release another one today...

If they do release a third sneak, I wonder if it'll be Laurel-y since Sara's death is supposed to be about her... I have a sneaking suspicion it will be an Olicity or Team Arrow-ish one, instead.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more Laurel shown in either of the previews released so far. Considered the written media about how this episode is Laurel-heavy, I would think they'd promote that via the clips, too.

@SleepDeprived, I agree with you - I think if there's another clip released today, it will likely be a Team Arrow and/or Olicity heavy one.  The marketing department knows what will bring viewers in and who will turn them away.

I think Tommy will only be featured in 1 episode (tonights') so far but I wonder if he could show up again in another flashback (maybe with Thea & Malcolm's storyline?) at some point.  Especially if fan & critic response to his reprisal is positive and Colin Donnell is available. 

I think Tommy will only be featured in 1 episode (tonights') so far but I wonder if he could show up again in another flashback (maybe with Thea & Malcolm's storyline?)

I wouldn't mind that. Once or twice a year could be great. 

Maybe we'll see how Tommy-Laurel happened?

I wouldn't mind that. Once or twice a year could be great. 

Maybe we'll see how Tommy-Laurel happened?

We already saw how Tommy and Laurel happened in the Season 1 supplemental comics (guessing issue 24 but don't hold me to that).

Guggenheim has said a few times that what is in the comics is canon so I'm assuming the writers consider those things asked and answered. 

I'm not a fan of having to add additional content to explain a story but as long as people are buying, myself included, I just have to accept it.

That's a much better interview, though the unintentional implications of this:

She always tried to see the best of him and always thought the world of him, though there was the playboy side that she struggled with. It's interesting because Stephen [Amell] and I have this relationship.

made me laugh. 

Anyway, I'm getting more than one hint that the big upcoming scene is Oliver arguing against Laurel's decision to train and go vengeance demon, which a) makes sense, and b) is in character for Oliver. 

• Love 1

Another KC interiew

http://m.ca.ign.com/articles/2014/10/15/arrow-katie-cassidy-on-laurel-beginning-the-road-towards-black-canary 

I thought this part in particular was interesting and a light-spoiler so I'm posting it here 

IGN TV: The Flash has aired now and is connected to the same universe and you guys are doing the crossover storyline. Can we expect any potential Laurel interactions with any of The Flash characters in the future?

Katie Cassidy: Yes. I believe that there will be a crossover with Laurel and The Flash. Our writers have an idea that they’ve talked to me about and I think they’re genius. If they see this article, don’t get ahead of yourselves. I’m not blowing smoke, but I do think that the idea they’ve come up with, they’re so smart and they’re so good at what they do... I have a feeling there’s a genius plan that’s going to happen if they go with what they’ve pitched me.

Could someone explain to me why in every interview there is the implication that after Sara's death Laurel and Oliver's balance would be broken, or that she might somehow blame him? I'm asking because honestly, had I not read any of this, I wouldn't have even thought that.

Could someone explain to me why in every interview there is the implication that after Sara's death Laurel and Oliver's balance would be broken, or that she might somehow blame him? I'm asking because honestly, had I not read any of this, I wouldn't have even thought that.

Like why the interviewers continue to ask this question? Well she did blame Arrow for Tommy death initially but that's when she didn't know it was Oliver. And in a round about way if Sara had never left with Oliver on that boat she would have never joined the league of assassins and wouldn't have been a target to kill I guess lol. But I think that would be a stretch even for Laurel. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I noticed this too. It's really odd actually. Rather than saying how she thinks her character feels about others, she says how she thinks they feel about Laurel which is a really weird way of looking at things. She's supposed to know her character inside and out. That's what the questions are for - so the interviewer can get her opinion on Laurel's feelings, not the opinion of other characters. So strange. 

I suspect if Laurel crosses over to the Flash, something is going to happen to her that will give her the Canary Cry.

That's what I thought might happen. So much for the show being grounded. 

Omg I think I might have had enough of this Laurel/BC thing already and it hasn't even started. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

I don't think Laurel will get the CC. The producers have said multiple times super powers won't be on the show anymore with the exception of the flash obviously. I don't think they would make an exception for Laurel. 

Like why the interviewers continue to ask this question? Well she did blame Arrow for Tommy death initially but that's when she didn't know it was Oliver. And in a round about way if Sara had never left with Oliver on that boat she would have never joined the league of assassins and wouldn't have been a target to kill I guess lol. But I think that would be a stretch even for Laurel. 

Exactly my point why do they keep bringing this up lol.  Unless, as you said, they based their assumption on her behavior of last season.But really, it doesn't seem a foregone conclusion to me (from what we have seen in the show) that Sara dying could mean another wedge in their relationship.

• Love 1

I posted the IGN article in the Other Media thread but I'll add my comments about it here.

I get that she's excited.  As an actress, she's been waiting for something like this to happen after a few years.  So sure, her excitement is understandable.

But that's the end of what I understand about her.  She's talking about soulmates again, and I honestly don't think she watches the show other than for her scenes.  She again comments how Laurel knows him better than anyone else.  No, that's absolutely not true. 

The Flash crossover - it's been speculated on before that it was a possibility because Dinah lives in Central City. So this isn't a surprise.  Any chance of a canary cry that's beyond a gadget (like what Sara had) is not going to work on Arrow.  SA made it clear at NYCC that the supernatural stuff was not in their universe but more of a fit in The Flash.  So I don't think Laurel will end up with that power, though I can see her getting a big upgrade to a costume with help from STAR Labs.

(the snarky part of that I'll take to the Bitterness Thread)

I still don't understand how she - or anyone - can think that a few boxing lessons is going to be sufficient.

What on earth can Laurel do to help Team Arrow beyond what she was doing from the DA's office?

Bottom line for me with her interviews - she seems to be excited, but she also has a perspective of the show's past and future that I just don't see.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 4

Nothing kills my ethusiam for Arrow like a KC interview. I really hope she is overselling some points here, which wouldn't surprise me because that's been the trend in the past. I'm glad she is now pointing IMO on her soulmates comments. I can't connect with the way she sees her and Olivers relationship. It just doesn't make any sense too me. It is kinda interesting how she answered the lovechild question. Didn't she say before that Laural would be forgiving and accept the child? I'm glad she has changed her tune on that, though please don't suggest that Oliver and Laurel would be in a romantic relationship again (it makes me nauseous).

If Laurel does go over to The Flash for an episode, I doubt it would happen this season at all. My guess is they would wait until they get some feedback on her arc. The Flash is too new to risk putting Laurel on it. I want Arrow to stay outside of the meta-human world so I really don't care about the Canary Cry.

I do not understand how Laurel would be able to go toe to toe with Oliver. I can't grasp that at all. Mary-Sue Canary.

• Love 9

You know, I actually can see Cisco over at Star Labs creating some sort of sonic gadget for Laurel. That makes sense based on what they've set up for both shows - especially if, as these interviews are suggesting, Oliver isn't going to be enthusiastic about Laurel becoming an vigilante, so she turns to someone else for help. This again leads to the question of ok, how exactly does Laurel know about Star Labs - yes, she has a direct connection to Central City with her mother, but otherwise, unlike Felicity, Oliver and Diggle, she never met Barry or anyone else at Star Labs, and if Iris doesn't know about Star Labs/Barry, there is absolutely no reason why Laurel would.  

• Love 2