Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The other thing that concerns me is why DC/WB won't approve it. If like David says the EPs have been wanting to give them a baby why are TPTB refusing???

I dunno, David being excited for S7 doesn't mean Felicity is going to get a good storyline and at the end of the day I'm here for Felicity. Still bugged by the whole EBR not meeting the writers thing.

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

The other thing that concerns me is why DC/WB won't approve it. If like David says the EPs have been wanting to give them a baby why are TPTB refusing???

Sometimes it has to do with scheduling/images. I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB are trying to see how much longer they can keep SA and that result could affect when (not if, that kind of seems like a done deal now) it happens. If SA (and I guess EBR, depending on what her contract stuff is) decided to stay on for like 3 more years, they might decide to push it off, like the theory back that s4 was going to end with Olicity getting back together but since the CW deal went through they pushed it back a year. If he is already planning on leaving (barring a s8 short season to wrap it up), which they seem to be preparing for with Batwoman, then they might go forward with it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Sometimes it has to do with scheduling/images. I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB are trying to see how much longer they can keep SA and that result could affect when (not if, that kind of seems like a done deal now) it happens. If SA (and I guess EBR, depending on what her contract stuff is) decided to stay on for like 3 more years, they might decide to push it off, like the theory back that s4 was going to end with Olicity getting back together but since the CW deal went through they pushed it back a year. If he is already planning on leaving (barring a s8 short season to wrap it up), which they seem to be preparing for with Batwoman, then they might go forward with it.

Yeah, and having a baby on set also presents production hurdles that they may not want to deal with. It's impossible to say what the EPs have planned for a storyline like that, but I imagine they probably wouldn't want to have it live mostly offscreen like JJ fka Baby Sara since both of its parents are regulars on the show. 

And production issues might not be such a big cost if the show is near ending and they are really only looking at half a season to deal with a baby (if it was like a 7b/birth/announcement and a s8 wrap up/birth), and with that only really meaning like half of those episodes with a baby in like 2-3 scenes. It might be worth it then for them.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Was the season 7 board even filled out when David started talking about the Olicity baby? I can’t quite recall, but I’m pretty sure he was blabbing about it even before he had his meeting with the writers. 

IIRC, the writers' room tweet showing the blank board (just after the removal of the S6 stories) came after David's baby spoilers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new comments were an attempt to walk back the baby news for the element of surprise and I wouldn't be surprised if it's still a plot point waiting to be approved. Either way, ever since the wedding, an Olicity baby has been inevitable. It's just a matter of when, and I don't feel strongly about whether it's S7 or two years from now. I just want good, interesting story for them, baby or no baby.

• Love 3
(edited)

All Olicity baby spoilers for S7 (in chronological order)...

May 12-13, 2018: HVFF-Nashville:
-- Fan report on what DR said: "Based on twitter I’m guessing DR confirmed Felicity is pregnant? Or at least will be in S7." (HVFF-Nashville, May 12, 2018: Chaser post, page 1780 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan reports on what DR said: "Will the Olicity fandom lose their sh*t over this??" and "The timeline is not confirmed." and "I feel bad but the spoiler was DMed to me. I wont post it without permission. But you can guess." and "Ya'll already know what it is. Yes. THAT." and "You guys is not my spoiler to give! :( but is good. ya'll. Is GOOD." (HVFF-Nashville, May 12, 2018: OlicityDreams and OlicityShipper3 tweets, page 1781 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what DR said: "Just met David Ramsey. ... Oh, and he did confirm Felicity being pregnant." and "To be fair I only asked Ramsey about if she’s going to be pregnant not in which season/episode it would be revealed." (HVFF-Nashville, May 13, 2018: scarynikki12 posts, page 1781 of Spoiler Discussion thread, and page 1787 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what DR said: "Oh, one last thing. He said they wanted to do the baby SL like 2 seasons ago but they kept putting if off." (HVFF-Nashville, May 13, 2018: KaiNesbitt tweet, page 1782 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

May 16-24, 2018: Media Interviews:
-- On whether Oliver & Felicity will be ready for a baby of their own soon, SA: "Sure, but the events of the [Season 6] finale will make that incredibly difficult." (May 16, 2018 TV Guide tweet & article, page 17 of Spoilers/S6 thread)
-- On whether Oliver & Felicity will be ready for a baby of their own soon, EBR: " "I think the possibilities are limited, but I wouldn't say they're excluded completely." (May 16, 2018 TV Guide tweet & article, page 17 of Spoilers/S6 thread)
-- On whether a baby is the next chapter for Olicity, SA: "In Season 7? No. Oliver has his hands full." (The CW Upfronts, May 17, 2018: viralotz9 video of red carpet interview with SA, page 17 of Spoilers/S6 thread)
-- EBR: "In terms of the way we leave Season 6, it would be quite weird sort of putting Oliver and Felicity in a position where we're not so sure if... having a child might be extremely difficult for them at the beginning of Season 7. Without spoiling anything too crazy!" (May 18, 2018 CinemaBlend article, page 1788 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- EBR: "I don't know if I would be interested in exploring [an Olicity baby] storyline right now with Felicity... I feel like she deserves a little something more than that, and I don't want that to be taken the wrong way. I'd just be interested in seeing her, I don't know, like, deal with a villain face-to-face for a consistent number of episodes?" (May 24, 2018 TV Guide article, page 1 of Spoilers thread)

May 26-27, 2018: HVFF-London:
-- Fan report on what DR said: "David has confirmed to a fan that the S7 will have 22 episodes and that there will be sure baby # Olicity . # Arrow  # ArrowNewS7." (HVFF-London, May 26, 2018: FlarrowAndMore tweet, page 1 of Spoilers thread)
-- Fan report on what SA said: "He was very firm on telling me there's no Olicity baby in season 7, and when I told him I didn't believe him he straight up told me 'I'm dead serious'. He *tried* to keep a straight face while saying that but failed miserably" and "I just remembered he also said David needs to be lectured on how many spoilers he can give away, FAST. He laughed so much when I told him David was the king of spoilers." (HVFF-London, May 27, 2018: oliverjsmoak tweets, page 1794 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what DR said: "David couldn’t GIVE me spoilers, but he did confirm a couple of them! Baby [check mark emoji] Oliver in prison for a while [check mark emoji] He also said some of the bigger stuff (which Stephen suggested) needs to go for approval to Warner Bro’s/DC. He felt so bad he couldn’t give me concrete spoilers." (HVFF-London, May 27, 2018: lexiblackbriar tweet, page 1794 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what DR said: "I was like ‘so I heard you’ve been giving out season 7 spoilers care to share any??’ & he was like ‘well there might be a baby’." (HVFF-London, May 27, 2018: lrnmccb tweet, page 1 of Spoilers thread and page 1796 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

June 9-10, 2018: Oz Comic Con:
-- Fan report on what DR said: "OLICITY BABY CONFIRMATION" and "He only said 'They're having a BABY!'" (Melbourne Oz Comic Con, Jun. 9, 2018: beinmyheart8 tweets, page 1796 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Fan report on what DR said: "Kay, guys, I’m just gonna say this once because I’m seeing a lot of stuff going around - I specifically asked David about an Olicity baby and the man could NOT confirm it. What he said was that it was on the (Beth’s) board, but the TPTB (CW/WB/DC) have not greenlit it (1/3)" and "It doesn’t it mean it’ll happen but it doesn’t mean it won’t. The showrunner/network are busy trying to green light other plot points for the season and they may come back to it, but as of yesterday at 11:30am the baby isn’t a done deal. No one should get their hopes up (2/3)" and "Because it might set you up for disappointment. But as of 11:45am yesterday morning, the baby wasn’t confirmed. It’s been on the board (for a long time) but it’s never been able to pass through the network approvals. Here have a pic of me chatting with david (3/3)." (Melbourne Oz Comic Con, Jun. 10, 2018: estheryam tweets, page 1796 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

I know at the beginning he pushed for comic canon stuff but I’m not sure if GJ has had a lot of hands-on involvement in the show lately, so it’ll be interesting to see if this changes anything bts:

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, Sunshine said:

What does Felicity building a company look like on screen? What are people expecting to see?

To me it's not so much about the company but I want her restored back to her old glory where she did EVERYTHING that was in her domain and did not have that hypocritical, sour faced asshole Curtis treading on her territory.

If they go with a company storyline fine, make it FELICITY'S company and HERS ALONE. Get rid of that useless piece of stale gum and do not use her to prop him and give him storylines. 

If they don't do Smoak Tech I am ok with that to as long as she gets a prominent storylines or one that ties in with Oliver closely. 

I LOATHED them forcing her to work with Curtis as a means to find that useless piece of sh@t something to do.

CURTIS IS A USELESS WASTE OF SPACE WHO NEEDS TO DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

Erm sorry I feel passionate about this =P

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I know at the beginning he pushed for comic canon stuff but I’m not sure if GJ has had a lot of hands-on involvement in the show lately, so it’ll be interesting to see if this changes anything bts:

Isnt he going to be helming Wonder Woman 2? I think he'll be too busy with that aspect of DC to bother having much influence on an established lesser known TV universe. 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

From stuff he said about not being able to tell the GA story without BC and then pretty much the same line being used verbatim by Arrow people, I got the impression he's where the BC mandate came from.  So while I don't really expect DD to go away, maybe she'll fade back to the deep background.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

Isnt he going to be helming Wonder Woman 2? I think he'll be too busy with that aspect of DC to bother having much influence on an established lesser known TV universe. 

Nope, Patty Jenkins is coming back to direct the sequel.

• Love 2

I want both the baby AND Felicity building her company — at the same time. Maybe she can actually have the "juggling too many balls" storyline that they couldn't get quite right with Oliver. If Season 7 is being viewed as the last season or second to last, might as well throwing everything in there and see what happens. 

• Love 21
On 6/11/2018 at 7:50 AM, Mellowyellow said:

I dunno, David being excited for S7 doesn't mean Felicity is going to get a good storyline and at the end of the day I'm here for Felicity. Still bugged by the whole EBR not meeting the writers thing.

I take solace in the fact that Emily seemed genuinely excited about the renewal and trusts Beth fully. I don't think her meeting the writers will make a difference in how Felicity is written in season 7.

16 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I wonder if they are going to do a LOST type thing and have episodes alternating on focusing on different characters. 

Really hope not. Episodes this past season focusing on Newbs and DDDragon and BS were the worst 

• Love 6
(edited)

Will be easy to skip though! No promotion, no watching, no discussion that week! As if the show took a break! That is easier for me than raging over Curtis's b@tchy mug or having to watch certain people try to "act" every week.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I wonder if they are going to do a LOST type thing and have episodes alternating on focusing on different characters

I could see that, since she also says “the characters are in different spots, and there’s going to be different types of storylines.” It could be everyone trying to find their purpose outside of Team Arrow, with a focus on a different character grappling with that every week. I don’t think they’d completely drop Oliver for an episode  (unless it was another one off), but maybe he won’t always be the story A anchor. IIRC, SA did mention something about how the new structure may lighten his schedule.

One thing I’m really hoping is that if Oliver is in jail for the first 3-5 eps, that Felicity isn’t off on her own protective custody island with William. 

Edited by Trisha
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

One thing I’m really hoping is that if Oliver is in jail for the first 3-5 eps, that Felicity isn’t off on her own protective custody island with William.

By that logic I don't see how she can be, given that dropping Oliver and Felicity (and Diggle to an extent) from a role in an episode seems to be too far for them. Heck, 619 still had a Felicity subplot in it since they couldn't very well drop Oliver and Felicity completely from an episode (plus contract stuff).

• Love 1
(edited)

I'd like to see Felicity work for Watson (as F's idea), maybe to get Oliver's sentence reduced or ARGUS working with Digg. I can't see her just w/William 24/7. I still think Oliver will carry most of the eps, the load might be lighter for SA because he'd pretty much be limited to one set and can probably have his filming days consolidated. Actually, I would like if FS did both, help Watson and ARGUS, build up those relationships. It's something that can come into play later when building her company, maybe she'll get a government contract for tech or a computer program. I think Oliver will be out of jail by ep 4 tbh. They'll probably do that escape from Supermax, he kills Diaz, an ep to come back into the world, then 6 & 7 to build up to the xover.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, way2interested said:

By that logic I don't see how she can be, given that dropping Oliver and Felicity (and Diggle to an extent) from a role in an episode seems to be too far for them. Heck, 619 still had a Felicity subplot in it since they couldn't very well drop Oliver and Felicity completely from an episode (plus contract stuff

I don’t think they’d drop her completely from the eps when he’s in prison; I just don’t want her in a subplot that only shows her and William in hiding somewhere remotely with no in-person interactions with the others. I like @JJ928‘s idea of her working with Dig at Argus and/or Watson. Since I’m guessing prison visitation will be a big nope with Diaz still out there, we won’t get any OTA for a while so I’m hoping we’ll at least get some Felicity and Diggle scenes. 

26 minutes ago, Trisha said:

don’t think they’d drop her completely from the eps when he’s in prison; I just don’t want her in a subplot that only shows her and William in hiding somewhere remotely with no in-person interactions with the others

That's kind of what I meant. That in episodes where he wouldn't be doing much that in turn Felicity would be a bit more involved in the plot because the show hesitates on dropping both of them from a main plot for a whole episode. Like, even if the main plot is on Dinah or something, Felicity would still be shown working and helping out, if the main plot is Oliver then it would be more family focused, if the main plot is Felicity then it's whatever is going on with her for the season, etc. Although with the structure of how the show left in 623, I'm thinking 701 might more likely open with Oliver dealing with prison, some catalyst for the team in Star City, and Felicity working on family and then come back into the team plot, just for 701 set up.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, way2interested said:

That's kind of what I meant. That in episodes where he wouldn't be doing much that in turn Felicity would be a bit more involved in the plot because the show hesitates on dropping both of them from a main plot for a whole episode. Like, even if the main plot is on Dinah or something, Felicity would still be shown working and helping out, if the main plot is Oliver then it would be more family focused, if the main plot is Felicity then it's whatever is going on with her for the season, etc. Although with the structure of how the show left in 623, I'm thinking 701 might more likely open with Oliver dealing with prison, some catalyst for the team in Star City, and Felicity working on family and then come back into the team plot, just for 701 set up.

I dont think you have much to worry about Dinah being the focus of those episodes.

48 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I dont think you have much to worry about Dinah being the focus of those episodes.

Nah, I don't really worry, just giving an example for what would happen with Felicity in the plot say if Oliver or Felicity wasn't the focus character.

I always get nervous when people start talking about doing things "differently" or whatever. I really have no desire to see a whole freaking season of Oliver in jail, with the rest of OTA doing their own things.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Nah, I don't really worry, just giving an example for what would happen with Felicity in the plot say if Oliver or Felicity wasn't the focus character.

Well i think they bringing in Roy who has connections to both Diggle and Felicity. And that is what will be the focus outside the prison storyline.

• Love 2

I hope they catch DDD soon so that Felicity and William can come out of hiding and join whatever the Team is. Even with the return of Roy, I'm not interested in a team of Rene,  Curtis and Dinah with the occasional assist from Diggle and ARGUS while Oliver has adventures in prison.

• Love 7
(edited)

EBR's full quote about Arrow from Kiss Radio 105.9 Vancouver podcast interview titled "Adam Taylor Chats with Emily Bett Rickards" (recorded Jun. 13, 2018):

-- On the next season of Arrow, EBR: "Well, we're going into our seventh season and we've had a massive change in our writers room. Beth Schwartz, who's been there since the beginning, is now our showrunner, and she is so overly qualified and writes from her heart. And it's going to be this - it's just going to be a different type of season. I think it's going to be a different show in a sense. Um, still with all the, like, original things that, like, make us know that Arrow is Arrow. And going forward, um, since our characters are in different spots, I think there's going to be different types of storylines, and more character growth this season, as well as, you know - people are going to learn - those characters are gonna have to like learn how to deal with sort of a lack of knowledge of what their purpose is, 'cause they've been so purpose-driven for six seasons, and I think now the purpose is sort of lost. And, um, you know, I believe we sort of like work with that like in our own lives. It's like if we don't have purpose, like, where are we going? We're just constantly trying to find purpose. And I think that's where they're gonna go. The structure of the episodes is going to be a little different, too, um, so we're excited about that." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if they’ve ever pulled that on him before.

I just had this image of them handing DR a script that’s 95% blacked out. Lol

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I just had this image of them hanging DR a script that’s 95% blacked out. Lol

Lolz. 

I don't know whether to be excited or scared about what's been blacked out.

• Love 1

LOL I can imagine SA and DR getting blackout scripts, while Emily’s isn’t (because she never gives spoilers) ?. I do wonder what the end could be... maybe a flash forward?

• Love 7
(edited)

Softer approach = "people apparently hated it so much that the showrunners were fired so now NTA are going to be the biggest cheerleaders of OTA and be supporting to them"

or at least that's how I take it. Being vague usually means that they have no answers so far which means not much focus on them in 701.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, way2interested said:

Softer approach = "people apparently hated it so much that the showrunners were fired so now NTA are going to be the biggest cheerleaders of OTA and be supporting to them"

or at least that's how I take it. Being vague usually means that they have no answers so far which means not much focus on them in 701.

Why would MG be fired from LoT after a successful season over a lackluster Arrow? 

But I think the whole NTA/OTA thing just plateaued by the end of S6 and the only way to go was down so I think the two teams would start to get back to a new softer normal then the two hating each other.   

(edited)

I think the biggest problem will be that NTA did not face any consequences for all the things they pulled throughout the season. Even the finale talks with Dinah and Rene didnt helped much for the case of NTA. 

And seems the audiences disapproval of NTA was big enough to cause showrunners and the WB to course correct in s7. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why would MG be fired from LoT after a successful season over a lackluster Arrow?

Idk exactly why but he technically was? Only sticking around in name for both shows doesn't really strike me as they were ok with keeping him around. Could be that overall attitude for IPs went down for characters they were hoping could carry Arrow after SA left and, now with a public acknowledgement that people weren't on board because of MG's and WM's ideas, they decided to cut ties with the people who caused the problem. Maybe cutting ties with MG on Arrow also meant having to cut ties with him on LoT if that was a packaged deal and they figured that the benefits were worth the costs.

• Love 2