Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm pretty sure the baby spoiler is accurate (DR doesn't lie and even TV Guide are talking about it) so I doubt any Olicity problems will be dragged out for long. Maybe a couple of episodes? But they gotta make that baby somehow. Haha.

Yeah honestly the fact that all the big entertainment sites keep bringing it up makes me think they have probably been clued in.

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They can mollify me by letting us see them make the baby. I'm just saying.

Exactly. If we don't get hot sexy baby making times I'm calling the Police.

Just now, Mary0360 said:

Yeah honestly the fact that all the big entertainment sites keep bringing it up makes me think they have probably been clued in.

Yeah, TV Guide even asked SA and EBR about it and they both said Olicity were ready but what happens in 623 would make it difficult.  Not impossible though. So I just assumed it was an approved talking point and it's happening.

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They can mollify me by letting us see them make the baby. I'm just saying.

As much as I’d love this, I’m now at the point that I’m just hoping we get a decent reunion in S7, given what else they’ve robbed us of. Maybe we’ll at least get a hug? Or they’ll take the time to have Oliver thank Rene and Dinah for continuing to fight for Star City instead. Yes, I’m bitter. 

• Love 9
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Zackary said:

He keeps on making unilateral decisions, how do you fix that?

In 416, when Oliver was swearing to Felicity that he could change, she told him he was going to find himself in another situation where he thought he had to make a unilateral choice and he was going to revert back to his old ways. And what do you know? She was right. So congrats to MG and WM for regressing Oliver for the sake of plot once again. I can't believe we're back here again when this was a lesson Oliver was supposed to have learned two seasons ago.

The last thing I want is for this to be a long, drawn out "thing." Hopefully, sitting in a cell for six months will give Oliver lots of time to be introspective and realize that being a noble hero is not an excuse for being a shitty husband. And maybe he'll be totally repentant and grovel for forgiveness, which is fine. But there's really no reason for Felicity to trust that he'll stop making unilateral decisions. The petty side of me hopes she spends S7 making her own unilateral choices and telling Oliver after the fact. He can find out the baby's name once the birth certificate is issued.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 14
38 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Exactly. If we don't get hot sexy baby making times I'm calling the Police.

Hee since you capitalized the word my mind went to the band. Then I thought about it and decided that would be a smart move as they could do mood music to help them along. 

• Love 2

I'm intrigued for Batwoman and Gotham City for this year's crossover but who or what will be the main antagonist of it?

Arrowverse has proved they cannot do Batman related villains well given how much they fucked up Ra's. 

Still interested in casting for this though.

9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Hee since you capitalized the word my mind went to the band. Then I thought about it and decided that would be a smart move as they could do mood music to help them along. 

Also some tips on tantric sex from Sting.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder what "new storytelling technique" they are introducing in season seven that has SA so excited (especially because it means more time off for him)? Flashbacks about all the other characters, maybe?

Also, it's interesting that he's already writing off this season. He clearly hated it... "I'm very, very excited about season 7. I feel like we kind of had an inbetween year between season 5 and season 7 where I don't know if we knew exactly what we wanted to do with the show. But season 7 feels very, very set in place."

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 3

I feel for the guy for having to sell the episode. He knew it was trash.

I'm wondering if they really are planning on keeping the Teams spilt. If they alternate on which Teams take the lead, he could get more consistent time off.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Also, it's interesting that he's already writing off this season. He clearly hated it... "I'm very, very excited about season 7. I feel like we kind of had an inbetween year between season 5 and season 7 where I don't know if we knew exactly what we wanted to do with the show. But season 7 feels very, very set in place."

I laughed. It's basically his same answer when regarding s4 to s5.

I jumped to flashbacks too, but that wouldn't be "new" though technically? He could mean new from s6, since idk what else it could be.

• Love 2
(edited)

And with Oliver in prison and the others protecting Star City, the Big Bad of S6 becomes Laurel's villain.

After all that, they don't even get the win over Diaz.

Don't get me wrong. I want BS and Diaz shoved in their own dumb corner. But a whole season to end like this is stupid.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

S6 was a goddamn mess and I'm glad no one is defending it. Haha.

But um. Isn't Oliver having less screentime one of the main problems of S6, in that it didn't even feel like his show and he was like a sidekick for most of it? Sell S7 to me a different way, Steve!

BS can have her nonsensical dumb revenge arc against Diaz. Just keep her away from my faves, thanks. 

(edited)

If BS wanted Diaz dead why didn't she make sure she killed him? She could've stabbed him or screamed in his ear like she did with Dinah's boyfriend.  Instead she knocked him into water without being able know if he's dead or not. You could make a case that she helped him escape custody by doing that. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 11

Had to find some way to get Diaz into the water. He couldnt just pull a Faith and throw himself off to survive.

So Diaz becomes to Laurel what Damien became to Sara. Except it probably wont be written as well. I hope she and Sara spent some of the summer getting to know one another and becoming friends. 

I am also going to guess that The Dragon comes back with the Longbow Hunters but he'll make his appearance known in 7x09.

They probably will but I hope Sara remembers Earth X and chooses to return to her found family rather than the give any more energy to the woman who stole Laurel’s life (and Sara will remember that Laurel was against that) to further her own agenda. Even if Sara somehow doesn’t find out about the murders and terrorist acts she should at least want nothing to do with Siren based on Laurel’s own expressed opinions. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I wonder what "new storytelling technique" they are introducing in season seven that has SA so excited (especially because it means more time off for him)? Flashbacks about all the other characters, maybe?

So are they going to go OTA one week and NTA the next week?  If that’s the case I’ll watch only those weeks with OTA. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Had to find some way to get Diaz into the water. He couldnt just pull a Faith and throw himself off to survive.

Why not? That would've been better than letting Yanny help him escape. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Beth has been looking at the non-fanboy sites (e.g. TV line), she'll get rid of Diaz as quickly as she can.

As I saw it, Siren saved Diaz. There's no way I can buy him being her true adversary now unless it's to be the Big Bad of the season.

ETA: BS could have been a good Big Bad if they hadn't written as weak wrt Diaz and stupidly impulsive

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

They probably will but I hope Sara remembers Earth X and chooses to return to her found family rather than the give any more energy to the woman who stole Laurel’s life (and Sara will remember that Laurel was against that) to further her own agenda. Even if Sara somehow doesn’t find out about the murders and terrorist acts she should at least want nothing to do with Siren based on Laurel’s own expressed opinions. 

She already knows that Siren wasn't a great person. Laurel ended up becoming bffs with Nyssa who started off trying to kill her family so I think if Sara/Laurel have anymore scenes together it would be very Laurel/Nyssa-ish. 

Just now, Sakura12 said:

Why not? That would've been better than letting Yanny help him escape. 

Because that would make to much sense.

(edited)
22 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Thank you, yes; please do not drag down any more characters to prop up this absolute parasite of a character that for some reason they can't seem to rid themselves of.   If they have to keep KC around, bring on SirenX and keep her absolutely and unrepentantly evil, rather than this pseudo-redemption bullshit.

Edited by Starfish35
missing words
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I will always do my best to make it as creepy as possible. 

Congrats. ;)

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Laurel losing both versions of her daddy...so sad. 

.....and that’s even more creepy. 

• Love 2
(edited)

"The way that we leave the end of Season 6, she's really going to have to step up even more into her position, if that's even possible. I know she can do it just on the way that she's grown across the years, but it's just going to be a big difference for her in Season 7. Things have shifted off the mantle and she's gonna have to try some new things."

"I think her and William fit so well together and it's really quite beautiful what they are doing together and how much William is teaching her and what they're learning from each other. In terms of the way we leave Season 6, it would be quite weird sort of putting Oliver and Felicity in a position where we're not so sure if...having a child might be extremely difficult for them at the beginning of Season 7. Without spoiling anything too crazy!"

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

I think that Sara would understand if Siren were genuinely feeling remorseful about her crimes and trying to repent. That’s been Sara’s arc since she showed up in season 2 and she’s not one to stop a bad guy from reforming. But Laurel once accused Sara of stealing her life so Sara knows that was a trigger point for her. Yet here’s this woman, who just acknowledged that she’s nothing like the Laurel Sara knows, doing the very thing Laurel made clear that she hated. I hope Sara would take some issue with that if only on Laurel’s behalf.  If Laurel had known Siren, believed she could be good, and gave her blessing for her to take her life then I wouldn’t expect Sara to care. But that’s not why so I’d expect Sara to take issue. 

Of course, no one else seems to be concerned about Siren doing something to tarnish Laurel’s legacy or reputation, nor do they seem to care that Laurel herself wouldn’t want this so it’s moot. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

That reads that SA isn't a fan of the romance, which I'm hoping I'm misunderstanding.

He was saying it in regards to the magic stuff in s4 and what probably is the whole "Oliver has to apologize" thing in s6. He's said multiple times now that the crossover and Olicity getting married were highlights for him.

• Love 6
(edited)

How can Felicity "step up even more into her position" if she's in hiding with William? Unless she means parenting rather than tech genius.  Something else Oliver's deal took away from her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

EBR mentioned the baby herself so that's another sign it's happening at some point, IMO.

I wonder what she means when Felicity will try some new things. She's pretty limited being in protective custody. ARGUS maybe?

3 hours ago, way2interested said:

I guess she might mean trying to be a part of the team/fight crime in general while with Argus?

That might be the only thing that could make me accept this twist, that if Felicity becomes a full member of ARGUS and fights evil doers, and continues working in the field even after Oliver returns.

But I doubt it's going to happen.  :-(

• Love 2
Just now, statsgirl said:

continues working in the field even after Oliver returns.

But I doubt it's going to happen.  :-(

Felicity's gone out into the field every single season, so I'm sure that's still going to happen before and/or after Oliver comes back.

• Love 1

She'd be Argus version of Winn. Spend most of the time behind the computer and get out from behind it every now and then. Hell maybe having TA be absorbed into Argus might let them travel outside of Star City more.

• Love 2

Felicity goes into the field but she has to fight Oliver over it every season.  I'd like her to be able to go out on a regular basis on an "of course she's going out because she's a badass" basis.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Felicity goes into the field but she has to fight Oliver over it every season.  I'd like her to be able to go out on a regular basis on an "of course she's going out because she's a badass" basis.

She went out in 221-223 (circumstantial, but no arguing on it except to stay with Roy at one point and even then Oliver's big plan involved specifically putting her in danger), 322 (was specifically Malcolm and Felicity's plan), 323 (Felicity wearing the ATOM suit), 406 (parachuted in to save Ray with no argument from Oliver, in fact she was central to the plan again), 416 (specifically Oliver's idea, she may have been with him and the team but it is out in the field in danger), 420 (going in to save Dig by herself with a van again), 421 (Felicity's plan for her and her father to break in, again, specifically involving her), 507 (plan to fake a break-in with Felicity involved with no argument), 510 (circumstantial, but Felicity still entered the fray at the end with the only argument coming from an earlier scene when she planned to release BS), 512 (literally everyone but Rene and Lance goes to Russia and Felicity even does a side mission on her own, no argument from Oliver), 604 (only argument comes from Oliver wanting to come help and not from asking Felicity to stay behind), 614 (Diggle and Felicity are the only ones left on the team so the 3 of them travel to find BS), and 618 (without Oliver's knowledge, but still no argument) all without any fights with Oliver.

She already goes on a semi-regular basis without making it look like she's either constantly putting herself in danger or making it look like she's required in the field every single time. I expect s7 to not be any different, with of course the obligatory episode where Oliver has to worry about his pregnant wife.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

From the official CW press release...

THE CW NETWORK ANNOUNCES NEW SIX-NIGHT PRIMETIME SCHEDULE FOR 2018-19
CW TV PR   May 17, 2018
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/releases/view?id=50195

Oliver will find himself vulnerable in a way unlike ever before when a mysterious new enemy begins to unravel his work as Green Arrow, forcing him to redeem his name or risk losing everything.

How exactly is this new enemy going "to unravel his work as the Green Arrow"? Raise Ra's and those other villains that Oliver has killed from the dead?  Open the prisons?  Already did that in s2.

Guggenheim in the Hollywood Reporter:

He's not going to remain in prison for the remainder of the series. When he gets out of prison, the fact that he now has to deal with the consequences of the public knowing his secret identity, that is huge. It's not just Oliver, it's also Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and his son William (Jack Moore). She's now married to the Green Arrow. William's dad is the Green Arrow. That's going to be huge for their family. That just creates so many cool stories to tell, interesting complications, challenges, dangers.

What I think it's going to do is short term gain for long term pain in terms of the stories to tell.  Being a vigilante is still illegal, and Oliver will never be able to do something like be the mayor again.  And Felicity and William will be targeted every time someone wants to prove they're better than the Green Arrow.

But what does MG care?  He's gone.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oliver has also killed like 30 something people so basically Felicity and Myson will have to look over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. 

I wonder if they are going to adapt that comic road trip storyline as Oliver having to find Felicity/William who are in hiding from all of his enemies. So like the new storytelling technique is a new city for a couple of episodes? 

(Except Felicity probably wouldn’t keep such important info from her husband...)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Is this from a con? Realistically, one person being in a supermax and another in protective custody doesn't really spell conjugal visits to me, but kudos to DR for fanning that flame. 

• Love 5