Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I wish we could get Nyssa back, I know Katrina has two shows so it won't happen. David & Emily have both said they'd love Audrey full time, her show is 8 or 10 eps, so she could probably work it out. I do think the show needs more personal relationships, but I'd rather see more of Dyla than any of the noobs. Also, it'd be nice for the big bad to be a woman or several women next year. This show is high on the sausage, and it's not even premium sausage, it's more like turkey links (SA & Dr being the exception).

• Love 8
7 hours ago, JJ928 said:

They better not kill Thea off.  Though I’m sure they can say that she sent Roy home to help Oliver, maybe next season he still doesn’t have anybody but Felicity. For a while. Though I hope John isn’t gone too long ?.

I'm sure they won't kill Thea.  They might break them up or have them start off still together and then later break up because of the distance and different paths even if it's just temporary but I'm sure Thea will not be dying.  With or without Roy Thea is Oliver's sister and MG said they wouldn't kill her and it's completely pointless to kill her offscreen and shut the door on any possibility of Willa ever returning for a guest spot.   

It does seem likely that Roy returns because he CAN return.  So even if Oliver doesn't out himself as the GA, if feels like Roy will be cleared of ever being the Arrow.  

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'd rather Lyla over Nyssa, she's not a draw for me. I'd prefer to never see Nyssa nor the LoA ever again

I like Nyssa but I am tired of the LoA and anything connected to its mythology.  If they could make her the last of the LoA, she'd be fun to have around, not getting pop culture, being bad at pranking, being fiercely supportive of hopefull the other women, and generally looking cool.  

But I really don't trust them not to constantly dip into the LoA well so yeah, I think that would take the fun away.  We should have more Lyla just because the show would function better with more Lyla.  So she tops the list.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I like Nyssa but I am tired of the LoA and anything connected to its mythology.  If they could make her the last of the LoA, she'd be fun to have around, not getting pop culture, being bad at pranking, being fiercely supportive of hopefull the other women, and generally looking cool.  

I loved when Nyssa and Thea went to the bar in 616, and it made me think how awesome it would be to see Nyssa try to fit into Star City. If the writers were interested in exploring that, I'd accept Nyssa as a member of Team Arrow in a heartbeat, although I guess it would be weird if Nyssa and Roy were on the team and Thea was off hunting Lazarus pits on her own.

And now I'm realizing how much I wish all the newbies could leave and Roy, Nyssa, and Lyla could be regulars next season.

• Love 3

I would LOVE to get Josh Segarra back... either as a twin or earth 2 good version. But at this point, I just don't want any noobs & I know they're not going anywhere, so at least reduce them.

• Love 2

The girl who talked to KA was asked if 6x22 was a good Olicity episode she said she didn’t know but mentioned an angsty trope (but not which specific one) she always wanted for Olicity. The tumblr that talked to David about the writers also mentioned lots of Felicity in 6x22. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

It could go really right or so very, very wrong!!  

I sort of take comfort in the fact that SA and DR usually warn fandom about any unsavoury sh@t that happens and they didn't this week.

Also the three of them seem SUPER chipper after filming 522 so hopefully it's nothing awful.

Unless is is something awful and they are all happy because EBR gets to exercise her acting chops.......

• Love 3

It's a toss up whether we'll love Felicity's storyline hate it.  (I'm still bitter that Cayden James ended up being about Oliver, and there wasn't a single Felicity/Chase scene last season.)

52 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

And now I'm realizing how much I wish all the newbies could leave and Roy, Nyssa, and Lyla could be regulars next season.

Ditto.  Thea, Roy and Nyssa could take care of the Lazarus Pits over the summer, ad the Thea goes off to do something and Roy and Nyssa return to join Oliver. Since Nyssa has disbanded the LoA, we don't need any of that around. The Thanatos Guild can return for one episode and then disappear again.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

It could go really right or so very, very wrong!!  

Which was essentially what was also said about whatever is going on in 622 as well.

Tbh, not to jinx it or anything but Felicity stuff usually ends up being alright, so that's got to be something.

• Love 3

Felicity gets kidnapped/tortured by Diaz? Isn't that something a lot of Olicity fans want? Seeing Oliver freak out? It's not something I myself need but I know it's something others like. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Felicity gets kidnapped/tortured by Diaz? Isn't that something a lot of Olicity fans want? Seeing Oliver freak out? It's not something I myself need but I know it's something others like. 

I want my cake and eat it too.  I want to see Oliver FREAK out.  But I don't want Felicity to come to any real harm.  And worry that she would or that it could have lasting ripples would worry me.    

• Love 9

Same. I love that the show never really turned Felicity into a damsel in distress, BUT I want stakes and that includes worrying over characters I love — and I really want to see this with Oliver and Felicity. Also, we haven't really seen Oliver go nuts over Felicity in danger, have we? (Well, I guess there was Count Vertigo with 3 arrows but that wasn't really freaking out). 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I want my cake and eat it too.  I want to see Oliver FREAK out.  But I don't want Felicity to come to any real harm.  And worry that she would or that it could have lasting ripples would worry me.    

This is me!!!!! Have an angsty episode, let Oliver freak the crap out BUT NOOOOO real harm please. The show skirts over so many things so just give us a trope with no real effects.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

This is me!!!!! Have an angsty episode, let Oliver freak the crap out BUT NOOOOO real harm please. The show skirts over so many things so just give us a trope with no real effects.

Yes, can their weaknesses finally work to our advantage?!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Also, we haven't really seen Oliver go nuts over Felicity in danger, have we? 

He went batshit after she was shot, but we didn't really get to see it see it. Two of my other favorite moments are small, but part of the reason why I've always wanted to see a full on, legit freakout: (1) in 319, when Felicity is in danger at the power plant and Diggle tells him he can't go after her, and he yells "It's Felicity!"; and (2) when he and Malcolm come upon Diggle and Felicity's car wreck in 522 and he realizes they've been taken. I don't want anything bad to happen to Felicity, but a whole episode of that kind of intensity? Yes, please.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I can't listen to the audio for this right now but apparently Stephen makes a joke/reference to Felicity being pregnant:

http://dmichellewrites.tumblr.com/post/172774278091/callistawolf-dmichellewrites-ana-video-via

Whats the verdict- yay (he says it) or nay? Spoiler or Joke? 

Hmmm, it’s hard to tell. It’s at the 7:48 mark.  It certainly sounds like he says “pregnancy” something (pregnancy test?) but just before that she’s quoting Joey from Friends at him (“I’m wearing all your clothes. Lunges!”) so that response doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Also, I never watched the full thing before but man, they hate this season, especially DR. When the moderator asks the audience if the like it and he yells “crickets!” - yikes.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

As I recall thag was the #1 want from Olicity fans here and on SM in S4 after we found out about the accident in 409. I never wanted it and couldn't understand why Felicity fans wanted Felicity's injuries to be ALL about Oliver but, that's all you heard.  OMG Oliver will be so frantic! OMG Oliver will run down hospital hallways! OMG Oliver will sit by Felicity's bedside! 

Of course, none of that happened. Oliver basically pretended she didn't exist in order to focus on his man pain but, that is absolutely what many Olicity fans wanted in 409. So, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that is what this spoiler tease refers to.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Nah I think it's too much if a stretch. Some of us want to hear "pregnancy" but could be anything with an S-ish sound. I thought it sounded like "silly"

Can someone who is well versed with Twitter dig around and see if they can find a post about Emily saying that she can't wear crop tops in response to someone saying she should wear more crop tops.

I swear I thought I saw something like this and thought it could be pregnancy or TPTB just don't think Felicity should be walking around with her tummy blazing all the time.

Updated 620 synopsis (identifies writers, etc.)...

ARROW
“Shifting Allegiances” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

RENE RETURNS TO NTA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) turns to an old friend to help battle Diaz (guest star Kirk Acevedo). Meanwhile, Rene (Rick Gonzalez) is out of the hospital but has a hard time re-adjusting to life as Wild Dog. Also, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) discovers something shocking about Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Rebecca Bellotto (#620). Original airdate 4/26/2018.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/04/arrow-episode-620-shifting-allegiances.html

Edited by tv echo
13 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As I recall thag was the #1 want from Olicity fans here and on SM in S4 after we found out about the accident in 409. I never wanted it and couldn't understand why Felicity fans wanted Felicity's injuries to be ALL about Oliver but, that's all you heard.  OMG Oliver will be so frantic! OMG Oliver will run down hospital hallways! OMG Oliver will sit by Felicity's bedside! 

Whenever there's any sort of "catastrophic" event in fiction that involves a character that is in a relationship or heading toward a relationship with another character, the way the partner who isn't in peril reacts is usually my favorite part. It's just another expression of love, caring and dedication between the two (if done right, which Arrow clearly didn't do!) - and usually some kind of tipping point that advances their plot forward. It doesn't make that person's peril or pain all about the "safe" partner at all. The story usually follows the safe partner - who is all about the injured partner - while the injured partner is for whatever reason unable to participate in the story (because they're unconscious or gone or whatever). I think it's a reasonable kind of angst to enjoy if you're into tropey romance stuff and not in any way as awful as you're making it seem. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 16

@Mellowyellow Here are the two tweets I saw. Seems like emily was referring to herself not FS, which makes sense since she's not in charge of wardrobe.

As for Felicity being injured so Oliver can react, it's a no for me. I understand with bad guys she'll be targeted at times, but if she's kidnapped I want her to save herself. Oliver can still go nuts or whatever, but I want her to use her brain & get herself out. And I am not here for her being tortured or abused, if she's kidnapped I don't want anyone to hurt her, she's had enough trauma.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

As for Felicity being injured so Oliver can react, it's a no for me. I understand with bad guys she'll be targeted at times, but if she's kidnapped I want her to save herself. Oliver can still go nuts or whatever, but I want her to use her brain & get herself out. And I am not here for her being tortured or abused, if she's kidnapped I don't want anyone to hurt her, she's had enough trauma.

I don't think anyone who's looking forward to Oliver's reaction to Felicity possibly being in danger actually wants her injured, tortured, abused or hurt. I certainly don't! I also don't mind Oliver thinking she could be any of those things, because usually that's where the good stuff comes from - or where the good stuff would come from if the people who write Arrow were even remotely good at their jobs. 

• Love 21

I dunno ... I was so disappointed in Oliver's reactions in season four, or rather his lack of reaction about Felicity and making it all about his manpain followed by the lies about William and visiting William instead of Felicity that I don't want to open myself up to that again.

I guess if the photographer was just on the day in the bunker then that means JS must be all over that scene, but I would think there would at least a few more reaction shots of Oliver in there. Even those shots of 614 had a bunch of photos from the exact same scene despite them hiding the ones with BS in them. 

Does Chico not realize that some spoilers might get people excited to watch? How is this woman in PR?!

22 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Suzanne is really dedicated to making sure no one watches Arrow.

“Avoid spoilers”? You’re PR, your job IS spoilers.

But, that's ot the job of those Photos nor is it really Chico's job to spoil online fandom. Those Photos are for Media to use to promote the show obviously, they're not going to deliberately release something they want to keep hidden.

As much as I think Chico isn't very good at her job, expecting the network to deliberately spoil something is barking up the wrong tree. In fact screeners and such are sent with specific things for reviewer NOT to spoil.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

But, that's ot the job of those Photos nor is it really Chico's job to spoil online fandom. Those Photos are for Media to use to promote the show obviously, they're not going to deliberately release something they want to keep hidden.

As much as I think Chico isn't very good at her job, expecting the network to deliberately spoil something is barking up the wrong tree. In fact screeners and such are sent with specific things for reviewer NOT to spoil.

My point is that she's supposed to be able to manage spoilers while promoting the show properly. It's Chico's job to make sure there's enough promotional material released to get people interested in watching the episode. In this case, she waited until late Monday to approve/send out promotional photos of an episode that airs on Thursday of the same week, and even then, only sent out 4 stills from what looks like 2 separate shoots. And then used "but spoilers!" as an excuse for being bad at her job.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Suzanne is really dedicated to making sure no one watches Arrow.

You have to admire her dedication to her work.

There must be a ton of journalism and p.r. students who would do a much better job than she does, and who would do it for the resume.

• Love 1

Maybe Roy realises he is way out of practice and doesn't feel useful amongst Nyssa and Thea and comes back to Oliver for training. That's a good way i'd apreciate Roy's return for pretty much a full season. TBH it's kinda the only scenario i can think of that makes his return possible...

As much as i love Diggle, i'd also be strangely OK with it IF Roy TEMPORARILY replaces Diggle as Oliver's right hand man for a while. Don't hate me for saying this pls!

*Sigh* If only this season would have a sudden cameo by Beebo, where he solves all this nonsense angst with cuddles. And destroys Diaz with a giant hug. 

As for new characters, I would be happy to have Nyssa around more, even if she isnt a full on regular. Seeing her try to fit into normal society could be fun, and I think she could develop interesting relationships with the team. Of course, there are other options, but I would be ok with it. Plus, I cant imagine Nyssa getting all bent out of shape about some stupid crap. Or ratting on Oliver to the cops. 

• Love 5

I hope they keep LOT elements far far away from Arrow.

Instead of them adding another regular character, I wish they would knock the noobs down to recurring and add more day players. They need to flesh out the Arrow world again. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hope they keep LOT elements far far away from Arrow.

It's nuts but they legitimately had one of the best season finales ever last night. I can barely believe it myself. 

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but the person who talked to DR at the con expanded about what he told her regarding a turnover in the writers room:

I was giving him the Diggle Pop I made as I told him I thought it was ridiculous that the only Digg Pop option was him in the hood. Ramsey asked if I had seen the latest episode and when I said I had, went on to tell me how much of the season has been plot over character with many people acting out of character to service the plot. I agreed. He then said not to worry that it wouldn’t be happening next season. That there were some big change ups happening. I looked shocked and said “what?!” Thinking he meant cast for some reason. He said it was BTS with many writers leaving. He seemed… excited wouldn’t be the right word to use… but he was at least positive it was a good thing for the show.

• Love 10