Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If BS and Lance are gone, that's replacing two series regulars with one less expensive one (not counting if they make next year's villain a series regular), so that might be what they end up doing instead of losing the newbies.

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well according to David someone is dying. 

I know - I'm just saying if he's not the one (although I think he is) - I hope he takes some time to himself because he needs a sabbatical but good. 

(edited)

Ok, well my post about 3Dragon killing Felicity was mostly facious. But Why Roy he's literally just gone off with Thea? Please tell me she isn't dead off screen just as ahead the happiest ever exit from Arrow ( barring some LOT crew). Or he comes back to help in crisis whilst Nyssa and Thea dont?

If it's just Ch is in a better place again (awesome) he's had other good jobs since.

Edited by Featherhat
(edited)

Ack. What if instead of killing Lance, he goes with BS back to E2 and Sara is there to give him her blessing?  

Or even more hilariously awful if It was BS, Lance, Oliver, Felicity and William that went to E2 because Oliver was on the run and then all the noobs and Roy were their E2 counterparts?

Edited by BkWurm1
With and without are two very different things
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ack. What if instead of killing Lance, he goes without BS back to2 and Sara is there to give him her blessing?  

Why would Lance go to E2 without BS? The whole Point is that he wants LL back so what purpose would it serve for Lance to go to another dimension where his Daughter(s) aren't there?

• Love 1

Oops, typo.  I meant with.  

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Why would Lance go to E2 without BS? The whole Point is that he wants LL back so what purpose would it serve for Lance to go to another dimension where his Daughter(s) aren't there?

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ack. What if instead of killing Lance, he goes without BS back to2 and Sara is there to give him her blessing?  

I definitely wouldn't love that but right now e an if it's the worst they can deal without by themselves. I really don't think I it is tnough.

• Love 1
(edited)

I do think Quentin is dying. They really tainted his character with this BS crap this season and I'm not sure what else he can do. I don't know if this means any of the newbies are also leaving, though it should.

Personally I think they should downgrade the newbies to recurring and keep the teams separate, only joining up to fight a larger threat. That way we can have the original team back together and not have to see the newbies as much. Otherwise this team is just way too big and isn't fixing one of the major problems with this show.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, way2interested said:

If BS and Lance are gone, that's replacing two series regulars with one less expensive one (not counting if they make next year's villain a series regular), so that might be what they end up doing instead of losing the newbies.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Colton expensive? I don’t follow him too much, but from what I’ve heard he’s gotten pretty big.

With Roy, the team would grow to 7. Considering the criticism that NTA and this season in general have received, I wouldn’t be shocked if one or more of NTA is written off. 7 seems like too large of a number.

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Oops, typo.  I meant with.  

Ohhhhh, that makes more sense. 

I still think Lance dies in 623. I think Rene might leave town with Zoe, making way for Arsenal.

As for the motives in bringing Colton back. While I'm sure ratings play a part in it. I also think it comes down to wanting stories with Roy/Arsenal. They didn't fire Roy/Colton, he asked to be let out due to emotional issues and has also expressed an interest in returning now that he's in a better place.

As for SAs comments about more comicbookish. I'm betting he was talking about getting Roy back.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I do think Quentin is dying. They really tainted his character with this BS crap this season and I'm not sure what else he can do.

Best guess, he dies and BS avenges him therefore making her some sort of anti-hero. Although, I haven't heard if KC will be back next season. However I doubt they'd kill her again.  I don't know how contracts work but I always assumed they either get 7, 3 or 1 year contracts. Why I think that, I can't explain but I think I read somewhere that some people have contracts for one year with extensions and you can or cannot renew their contract after a year. Maybe I am just completely wrong though. 

But I am all for Rene hanging up his mask. And I am not fond of this idea either because it gave me the icky thought that they'd ship Oliver to E2 by himself. Stop giving me ideas ;-) :-)

12 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

even more hilariously awful if It was BS, Lance, Oliver, Felicity and William that went to E2 because Oliver was on the run and then all the noobs and Roy were their E2 counterparts?

• Love 1
Just now, Zackary said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Colton expensive? I don’t follow him too much, but from what I’ve heard he’s gotten pretty big.

He's been in movies so possibly, but comparatively I was referring to the fact that they might have three/four less regulars (Thea, possibly Lance and BS, and even possibly a newbie) and replacing them with one series regular who can't be as expensive as everyone who leaves combined.

I am still pessimistic that the show will be free of the newbies. They will probably be around for S7. But I wouldn't complain if they were not. 

I only want Thea to not be dead or something. That would be a horrible way to end her storyline after all. 

I like Roy and I'm glad he's back, but man, I hope CH seems more engaged than he was in his last two episodes. Maybe it was because the writing didn't give him a lot to do, but I found his performance really flat and checked out. (My fave thing about his goodbye hug with Oliver is that I was watching it with closed captioning on and Oliver says "I miss you." Really wish that wasn't cut from the ep.)

If they were trying to negotiate his comeback when they were plotting/filming WH's last episodes, that's really weird. Why establish Roy/Thea as endgame if they're clearly not going to be?

I'm curious to see if the cast hits social media to welcome him back, especially since they were all weirdly silent when it came to commemorating WH's last episode.

• Love 4

They better not kill Thea off.  Though I’m sure they can say that she sent Roy home to help Oliver, maybe next season he still doesn’t have anybody but Felicity. For a while. Though I hope John isn’t gone too long ?.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So is Roy just never going to set foot outside or are we supposed to forget that Roy is supposed to be dead and took the fall for all the stuff Oliver did as the Hood/Arrow? The latter, I guess.

I think the fact that BS can pretend to be Laurel without getting arrested for moonlighting as Black Canary pretty much sums up how they’ll handle that. They’ll probably ignore it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hopefully, Roy's imminent return means that the newbies have their roles cut down to 13 episodes next season. As far as I am concerned, 13 episodes are still 13 too many, but after MG's latest tone deaf interview, it's clear that the writers didn't intent for the newbies to be so utterly and thoroughly despised. Therefore, they probably have some sort of OTA/NTA reconciliation in store for us, unfortunately.  

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 5

I'd rather have Roy than any of the newbies. At least he brings parkour, LOL! But yeah, I don't get what this means regarding Thea. Is he supposed to be living in Star City or just dropping in from wherever whenever Oliver needs an extra set of hands. And Arrow really needs to cut down on that cast. Too many. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Guys! Do you know what bringing Arsenal back means?? More parkour!

980x.gif

I wonder if that Roy flips account will be revived lol.

• Love 3

Definitely this is a sign that Lance and BS wont make it this season. If Lance dies then I can see her going back to her earth because what else is left in SC ??

I can also see Rene leaving town to be with his daughter.

We're stuck with Curtis and Dinah but I hope they amend their contracts somehow to be seen less on the show.

31 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

So is Roy just never going to set foot outside or are we supposed to forget that Roy is supposed to be dead and took the fall for all the stuff Oliver did as the Hood/Arrow? The latter, I guess.

Either Oliver, as mayor, will officially pardon him, or they'll make it into a no big deal scenario. If SA hadn't flat out said no to him pulling an Iron Man, I'd think that Oliver coming out as GA (and possibly the Arrow/the Hood) would exonerate Roy immediately. 

I also don't know if CH has committed to all 23 episodes (if Arrow's episode count isn't reduced) or if he's taking a shorter, possible 18 episode count to reduce his load. 

I hope that Roy comes back to the team and it really gets subtly (or not) be rubbed into the noobs` faces that he is a beloved and trusted friend and they are still noob garbage. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I'm curious to see if the cast hits social media to welcome him back, especially since they were all weirdly silent when it came to commemorating WH's last episode.

Whether they do or don't, I can't imagine how excited Stephen and Emily are right now. Hell, I'm excited, and that's not something I ever would have imagined in S2. But I agree with everyone else that one or more of the newbies has to go now. All three of them were superfluous before now, but with Roy coming back, bye. They can all go.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'd rather have Roy than any of the newbies. At least he brings parkour, LOL! But yeah, I don't get what this means regarding Thea. Is he supposed to be living in Star City or just dropping in from wherever whenever Oliver needs an extra set of hands. And Arrow really needs to cut down on that cast. Too many. 

They need to drop at least 3 or 4 characters. I like Roy fine but his permanent return really doesn’t make sense unless Thea dies and that’s what can’t be undone? 

Oh wait...

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

I changed my mind - I agree, Quentin's death wouldn't fit SA's quote...

-- SA: "I think that we will do what we typically do, which is, we do a basic time cut. So if we wrap up Season 6 in May, when we find our characters in Season 7 in October, um, I know - again, I know where Oliver begins the year. And I know that it is something on the show - more so than anything that we've ever done, more so than blowing up the island - it is something on the show that we can never undo. If that makes sense. And if it doesn't make sense, even better."

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

They need to drop at least 3 or 4 characters. I like Roy fine but his permanent return really doesn’t make sense unless Thea dies and that’s what can’t be undone? 

Oh wait...

I had a horrifying thought that this would be Earth 2 Roy showing up. 

I would like an E2 Roy, just because then Thea doesn’t have to be either dead or broken up with E1 Roy. On the other hand, there won’t be that bond and history that E1 Roy has with OTA. 

• Love 1

Man, I’m so thrilled about this, I don’t even care that they break up months after getting together. They were last in a relationship in S2, and then hooked up in S3. It’s been two years since they last even saw each other at all, so it wouldn’t be that surprising if they built up their relationship in their mind and reality couldn’t live up to it.  Or Thea just too involved in her quest with Nyssa, and Roy decides to sit it out.

I don’t even care if they say he’s Roy’s identical cousin once removed and call him Troy so he can leave the bunker. This just fills me with so much joy at the prospect that this means the irrevirsible thing is that NTA is never coming back on the team again full time.

• Love 4

I would say that I'd like E2 Roy so that E1 Roy can be off happy with Thea.  But then I remember Hook on this seasons Once Upon A Time. (Original Hook stayed in Storybrooke with Emma; WishHook was created for this season.)

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

So which one of the newbies is dying/leaving so Roy can take their place?

ALL.

But I won't be so lucky. Dinah is sure to stay since they seem to think they have to have a Black Canary.

12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Or Thea just too involved in her quest with Nyssa, and Roy decides to sit it out.

I don't mind this; they don't break up but he just can't be along on the quest for some reason -- as long as there are mentions from Roy about how Thea is doing. Or if he isn't in every episode, maybe he comes back because Thea is in trouble and helping her is one of the season-long arcs? (Not that I have a lot of interest in more League intrigue, but they could potentially do it without WH, or just have her appear in the last ep when they save her). 

Also, I love that CH is already talking about having to work out again. He looks totally the same on Instagram, but on screen he looked so much bulkier.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:

This gotta change things, hoss!

This doesn't change anything, hoss! ;-)  

For real, this stupid sentence might be the dumbest thing. It is just so ridiculous. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Belinea said:

This doesn't change anything, hoss! ;-)  

For real, this stupid sentence might be the dumbest thing. It is just so ridiculous. 

Gets a chuckle out of me every time someone in fandom says it. I roll my eyes when Rene says it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

I don't mind this; they don't break up but he just can't be along on the quest for some reason -- as long as there are mentions from Roy about how Thea is doing. Or if he isn't in every episode, maybe he comes back because Thea is in trouble and helping her is one of the season-long arcs? (Not that I have a lot of interest in more League intrigue, but they could potentially do it without WH, or just have her appear in the last ep when they save her). 

If this is more then a possible 1 season long thing...I think this show has had to many part time/offscreen relationships Id rather the two just break up. Give him an actual love interest on screen and then when the end comes or he leaves they can either go back to Thea or wherever the character is in his life.

• Love 1

If they're keeping Curtis and his new bf, I can't imagine them trying for another romantic subplot for a character involving a whole new character they have to make up and try to weave into the plot, especially when it would just be easy enough to just say he's still in touch with Thea or that maybe she even asked him to go back to help Oliver with whatever happens at the end of 623.

• Love 2

I'd be surprised if Curtis keeps his bf and it actually goes beyond 5 episodes next year and if they still have 23 episodes, that is more then enough time to do a decent love interest story. But with 8 characters in the cast and only 1 full time relationship, 1 part time and one basically blink and you'll miss it, they need to step it up in the romance department for whoever stays.

And if KC doesnt come back next season if they dont have another female full time this is going to be a really big sausage fest which I wont be that happy about considering where we were in S4 with the females outweighing the males on TA while being equal ratio wise.