Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I love Austin Butler and his face, so there. :)

Here's the thing about all the "love interests": Sebastian Blood was probably considered a love interest for Laurel last season, and that barely registered at all. Even the Barry/Felicity thing amounted to a tiny handful of scenes, most of which were about something else and included other characters. It's just not something this show spends a lot of time on.

• Love 1

I feel like i'm the only one who doesn't mind about the love interests.

I don't have a problem with it either because it's not like everyone having love interests is some new thing for this season.  They have been plenty of revolving love interests for the majority of the characters in both Season 1 and 2.  Oliver/Helena/McKenna/Laurel/Isabel/Sara, Laurel/Oliver/Tommy, Sara/Oliver/Nyssa, Thea/Roy,  Barry/Felicity, Dig/Carly/Lyla.  And some of these "love interests" lasted all of a few episodes and I'm sure it will be the same in Season 3... well except for Oliver who apparently gets a new love interest and a stalker. 

• Love 1

You know, I've been thinking about 301 and all the little clips we've seen so far and all the spoilers we've been given and on top of that there's also gonna be flashback scenes to Hong Kong which makes me wonder HOW are they gonna fit it all into 40 minutes? Sinceriously, I have no idea. It must be a really fast-paced episode.

I'm starting to think it was a bad idea seeing all these spoilers before the show. I'm starting off with a negative bias when normally I would just watch and go with the flow. Oliver has never been interested in QC. So a storyline about him losing it or getting it back is not interesting to me. And Ray Palmer mad me wish ghost Tommy would come back and comment on him being a ginormous tool. I guess since he and Felicity struggle in the beginning, maybe he comes off differently later. It doesn't help that the only thing I know about Brandon Routh is that I shouldn't watch his superman movie. Pimping him is not enticing me to watch.

Also, I need TPTB to let me be the one to make comparisons to Ray/Felicity/Oliver to old school movies. They shouldn't do that. Set the bar low so I'll be like wow this is good.Like when I started watching the show, thought it would be lame and it wasn't. I want to tweet the TBTB about Oliver living in the foundry, but I don't want to be enraged if they give me an answer involving Oliver and no money. Because I will never buy it, ever! I would prefer it to be something psychological, logistical, anything else but money.

Maybe Oliver finds it comforting being near the salmon ladder during this time of uncertainty. I'm still not happy about daddy Diggle. It could be salvaged for me if Dig and Deadshot move in together, raise the baby and have wacky adventures. And Laurel, I actually don't even care enough to comment. Hong Kong is making me anxious. Stories about people being trapped the way Oliver is with Waller make me uneasy. Its not bad storytelling, I'm just sensitive.

I had to remind myself that there are actually more positive things going on than negative. Felicity backstory, DIggle/ARGUS/HIVE, action scenes, Black Canary/NYSSA, Lance lives,BAMF Oliver Queen,hero/sidekick dynamic w/ Roy and Thea/Malcolm. And I really hope they deal with Oliver  and Thea. I've been dying for her to be in the know since the pilot. They need each other.

• Love 4

Love the new promo - it makes me excited to see the new season.

I've never seen Matt Nable in anything before, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I actually see him play the part of Ra's al Ghul.  As for the false Ra's theory, in Batman Begins, Bruce originally thought someone else was Ra's and was shocked when it turned out to be Liam Neeson.  But we'll see what happens on Arrow.

Regarding Austin Butler playing a "charismatic DJ" - The typical CW show has to have a night club where they can promote musical artists (and sell records) - I just thought Arrow was not supposed to be a typical CW show.  Hopefully, AB will only be in 1 or 2 episodes.

EPs, I think it's time to stop with the spoilers.

Love the new promo - it makes me excited to see the new season.

I've never seen Matt Nable in anything before, so I'm going to reserve judgment until I actually see him play the part of Ra's al Ghul. As for the false Ra's theory, in Batman Begins, Bruce originally thought someone else was Ra's and was shocked when it turned out to be Liam Neeson. But we'll see what happens on Arrow.

Regarding Austin Butler playing a "charismatic DJ" - The typical CW show has to have a night club where they can promote musical artists (and sell records) - I just thought Arrow was not supposed to be a typical CW show. Hopefully, AB will only be in 1 or 2 episodes.

EPs, I think it's time to stop with the spoilers.

Yeah I think I'm done with spoilers lol. I'm going to leave this site. (Or at least this section) I want to be surprised about some things Edited by ban1o

I think that if you're going to read spoilers, you've got to be able to take them with a grain of salt and withhold judgment until it plays out on screen. The majority of these are offered without any context, and will most likely not play out the way any of us think they will. That's part of the reason why I like reading them. When I first started watching in the middle of last season, I frequented message boards to get spoilers during the brief break I took between watching the first and second seasons, and the comments were full of people worrying about X happening and how much they would hate it, it'd ruin the show, and once I got to that episode it turned out to be absolutely nothing like anyone thought it would be.

So, if it's going to ruin your excitement for the show, yeah, maybe stop reading them. Arrow can be predictable and true, from some of the spoilers/casting announcements that are coming out it seems like it's treading into CW territory. We've been given a lot of info, but I'd be willing to bet that it's a very small amount in the grand scheme of things. And I'd also be willing to bet that come 9PM EST on October 8th (and in the weeks that follow), a lot of us will be in here completely surprised by what ended up happening, and completely wrong about what we thought that would be (myself included).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Looking at the season 3 promo, a few tidbits to make

• Malcom is training Thea and he tries to literally cut her head off with a sword (around the 1:00 minute mark). Just what kind of extreme training has Thea undergone. And having survived that kind of training, Thea should be leaps and bounds above Laurel.
  • Oliver shoots 2 to 3 soldiers in the chest with a gun. Guess, he forgot about the no killing rule.
  • I think Felicity is really working at the shop. Such a stupid scenario for a MIT graduate.
  • Did Sara learn new skills with the Bo-staff. The way she twirls it while hitting that goon is stg I haven't seen in Season 2.

Also, they have confined Lance to paperwork and he won't be there in the field(due to his injury). Thus, removing all his interactions with Oliver in the field, on a mission. Is it laying the groundwork for his eventual death? If he is not in the field, they have reduced the story-lines for Lance.

Edited by abhi

<p>

Looking at the season 3 promo, a few tidbits to make

• Oliver shoots 2 to 3 soldiers in the chest with a gun. Guess, he forgot about the no killing rule.

I don't think he shoots them in the chest. For one of them, I can see the squib explosion effect clearly near the shoulder. Besides, those soldiers were decked out in full gear, Kevlar included. Doubt Oliver leaves any of them dead.

I got the impression Oliver was shoting at the guns themselves, or winging them?

I loved that move Sara did with the staff. Bad Ass and Elegant all rolled into one.

Extreme is the perfect word for Thea's training. Malcolm is holding no punches.  I have no idea what they are planning for Laurel's training because I don't see how it can put her in the same league as Oliver/Sara/Diggle/Roy etc.

I can't see Felicity at that job for more then a couple episodes, three at the much. I really hope she goes to work in the Appliced Sciences Division at QC (is it still going to be named that? after everything I would think Palmer would want a rebrand).

Edited by 10Eleven12

I'm not totally sure, but in slo-mo, it kinda looks like he hits the soldiers' rifles, and not the soldiers themselves.

Yeah, he hit their rifles, maybe their arms. Definitely not their chests.

Also, they have confined Lance to paperwork and he won't be there in the field(due to his injury). Thus, removing all his interactions with Oliver in the field, on a mission. Is it laying the groundwork for his eventual death? If he is not in the field, they have reduced the story-lines for Lance.

No they didn't. He's in a tunnel with Arrow in the most recent promo where Lance asked him if he had a hot date as Oliver was leaving. Not sure if he had anything to do with taking down the criminals that were strewn across the floor, but he definitely isn't confined to paperwork.

Did Sara learn new skills with the Bo-staff. The way she twirls it while hitting that goon is stg I haven't seen in Season 2.

I'm assuming the League trains constantly to get even better, so Sara going back gave her even more training. 

They really have a long way to go to convince anyone that Laurel can be hero to match Oliver, Sara and Diggle. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering if the bright yellow filters they're using to shoot the Hong Kong flashbacks, the Malcolm & Thea scenes, and the Corto Maltese shoot out are supposed to ~mean something~ other than Glen Winter getting new tech. Like maybe connecting the three places/stories.

Also, I'm kinda expecting the Hong Kong flashbacks to be very Nikita-y, with ARGUS in the role of Division, Oliver playing Nikita, and rando DC characters playing the requisite allies and red shirts.

• Love 3

CW loves their love triangles/squares/pentagons. Just watch Cheshire be introduced and we'll have to endure some love rhombus between Thea/Roy/Chase/Cheshire.  

There are actually a few theories floating around that Thea will become either Cheshire or Artemis. A few fans believe that the story about the cat points more towards Cheshire as well as her working with her dad (even though comic book dad is Sportsmaster).

My only exprience with Cheshire is Young Justice. I liked that characterization, though I have no idea how true it is to the comic books. Is it weird that I'm 27 year old young professional who loves whiching superhero cartoons? lol

RE: Vertigo. I don't think the no kill rule went out window. He just had a relapse due to reasons.

• Love 1

I don't think Oliver vowed to never, ever kill again no matter what. What happened with Vertigo proves that. It's just that before Tommy died he was pretty much killing everyone who crossed his path, because they failed to acquiesce to his demands or just because they saw his face.

• Love 3

What story about the cat?

Moira finds Thea at home and asks her to choose a dress for Walter's stock auction. She says that it's important that Thea come but her daughter doesn't believe it. Moira sits down and tells her about Thea once brought a stray cat home. Robert told her that it was a tiger and they needed to take it home, and Thea somehow understood. Moira admits that she never could get through to Thea the way that her first husband could, and Thea points out that she never talks about Robert. Her mother concedes that it's a bad habit and says that they've gotten into some other bad habits over the years.

It reminded me of Sara's Canary.

I think Thea will be Cheshire in S3, then Artemis and finally Speedy when Oliver ultimately becomes Green Arrow and Roy becomes Red Arrow.

Edited by willpwr
  • Love 3

Wow. I really do need to do a season one rewatch. I didn't remember that at all. Thanks!

That also implies they weren't always living in Starling City, which I never picked up on before.

Edited by Starfish35

That seems massively excessive and unnecessary. Why does Thea need to use up 2 seperate DC comics characters (Artemis & Cheshire) just to get to Speedy which is a GA sidekick just like Artemis?

If they're going to make her Artemis or Cheshire then I expect they'd actually keep her as one or the other.

• Love 1

Comic Book characters don't always stick to the same persona. I don't see why I should expect them to have her or Roy in just one role. It's the difference between Arsenal/Red Arrow/Speedy when they were all Roy Harper. They represent different stages of his life.

Yeah but comic book characters don't normally become other comicbook characters. Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow are all Roy Harper.

Mia is Speedy.

Artemis is a totally different character, she's Sportsmaster's daughter and Cheshire's sister. I think Artemis is her actual name, not even a code name.

Cheshire is again a totally different character from Mia/Speedy and Artemis.

So Thea becoming Cheshire and then Artemis only to end up as Speedy is actually wasting two separate individual characters that are not Mia Dearden.

Just seems like a giant missuse of comic characters with no real purpose. If they're going to make her Speedy anyway why waste actual DC character code names? They could just as easily make up their own codename for Thea to use until she becomes Speedy

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Personally, I agree with you but I think these writers tend to overdo things and are likely to have fun with an original character like Thea where they pretty much have an empty canvas. I'd rather have a tight and cohesive story but since the writers seem intent on using as many DC characters as possible then I see it as a possibility with them especially if they think, hey, it works on Once Upon a Time.

Moira finds Thea at home and asks her to choose a dress for Walter's stock auction. She says that it's important that Thea come but her daughter doesn't believe it. Moira sits down and tells her about Thea once brought a stray cat home. Robert told her that it was a tiger and they needed to take it home, and Thea somehow understood. Moira admits that she never could get through to Thea the way that her first husband could, and Thea points out that she never talks about Robert. Her mother concedes that it's a bad habit and says that they've gotten into some other bad habits over the years.

It reminded me of Sara's Canary.

I think Thea will be Cheshire in S3, then Artemis and finally Speedy when Oliver ultimately becomes Green Arrow and Roy becomes Red Arrow.

FYI Artemis adult moniker is "tigress".

I'm gonna bet my money now and say that that's gonna Thea's moniker eventually (that or Speedy).

I can't see Felicity at that job for more then a couple episodes, three at the much. I really hope she goes to work in the Appliced Sciences Division at QC (is it still going to be named that? after everything I would think Palmer would want a rebrand).

She's just there until Ray Palmer recruits her to run the QC Applied Sciences Division, which I would guess would be episode 2, ep 3 at the latest.

It may seem strange that all she could get was to work at Buy More but even with an MIT degree, it can be hard to get a job in the tech industry.  I know someone who had to move to Thunder Bay (Northern Ontario, pop 120,000) because she couldn't get a job in one of the major urban centres even with her degree.  

Emily already got script for 307. 

Usually on TV shows, they're given the scripts for the next episode when they start shooting the current one so they have a chance to prepare (i.e. started shooting 306, got script for 307).

Man, I really hated that story. With all their money, would it kill Robert and Moira to let Thea have a cat?  Lousy parents both of them.

Back to spoilers -- nice parallel with Sara and the Canary but back in s1, I don't think they were thinking of Thea as Malcolm's daughter yet.  

Thea is shown using a sword. Did Speedy use a sword?

• Love 1

Speedy uses arrow,  not a sword. I really don't think Thea is going to be Speedy. I think the nickname was originally supposed to be an easter egg for the audiences and they decided to introduce Roy Harper. I think Thea will be an original character. 

Edited by ban1o

I don't see anyone really picking Speedy as their code name, and I certainly wouldn't give a sword (or a bow) to anyone I tried to call that. Malcolm never actually called himself the Dark Archer or anything, and even if he does have a flair for the dramatic I'm not sure I can see Thea using one either. A disguise, sure, but if she did need to have a name for some reason I imagine she would go with something like Artemis or Huntress (even if it is taken).

Not looking forward to seeing Felicity put in the awkward position of watching that unfold - unless she's at peace with her feelings about Oliver AND Barry. Otherwise, what the hell?

Or I am taking it wrong?

I don't see how it's really any different than Barry seeing Felicity with Oliver.

Edited by wingster55

Not looking forward to seeing Felicity put in the awkward position of watching that unfold - unless she's at peace with her feelings about Oliver AND Barry. Otherwise, what the hell?

Or I am taking it wrong?

It might be a little awkward but I doubt her heart will be into the date anyway. She loves Oliver. She'll probably still be a bit raw from what happens in 301 on Arrow. So she goes to see Barry as his friend (maybe Oliver tells her about his new powers?) and Iris sees them together and thinks they're cute and tries to set them up. They both go along with it because why not? But Barry will realize he doesn't want anyone else but Iris and Felicity will see that too. I don't think she'll be hurt by it. 

I wonder if the producers ever plan on making a teen titans/young justice spin-of. They said at Paleyfest that Wally was being added to The Flash eventually. I can see them spinning off with Wally, Roy and Thea along with other teen titans characters. OR maybe they'll have a occasional teen titans team on the Arrow/Flash verse like the suicide squad. 

I don't see how it's really any different than Barry seeing Felicity with Oliver.

Barry was always very clear that Iris was the one he cared about.  His offer to Felicity acknowledge that it was second choice for both of them.

Or Oliver seeing Felicity with Barry. 

At that point, Oliver didn't have those sorts of feelings for Felicity, or if he did, he refused to acknowledge them.  Now I presume that Felicity knows he has feelings for her, and she certainly has for him.

I can see Barry going along with it if he wants to keep Iris for knowing about his feelings for her because she's got a boyfriend, and Felicity goes along with it as his beard.  Otherwise, all kinds of awkward.

(maybe Oliver tells her about his new powers?) and Iris sees them together and thinks they're cute and tries to set them up. They both go along with it because why not? But Barry will realize he doesn't want anyone else but Iris and Felicity will see that too. I don't think she'll be hurt by it.

I think Grant Gustin mentioned that when she comes to town she knows more about Barry's situation than Barry thinks she does, so yeah I think Oliver ends up telling her about it. Before I thought the date was Felicity or Barry's idea since the last time they talked they mentioned a date, but yeah, now I'm thinking that Felicity just comes to Central to check in on him and to visit as a friend and Iris tries to set the two of them up.