Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If he's on for 3 episodes, that would be 5, 6 and 7, and he's done before the crossover episodes.

But I"m not convinced he is on for 3 because when I first read the Hollywood Reporter article, I mis-read season three episode for three episodes.

ETA: or what dancingnancy posted while I was typing.

Edited by statsgirl

Hmm. I wonder if they didn't misread "The CW comic book drama has landed Awkward and Glee alum Nolan Funk in a season-three guest spot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned." as 3 episodes? The THR article is clear about it being just ep 5.

Yeah, I think they misread. There's nothing in that THR that indicates he'll be in more than one ep.

Edited by apinknightmare

Yeah, I think hey misread it. I did at first too. I just don't see the guy hanging around for three episodes. They could always bring him back in a future season though, depending on how they set up his storyline, because it looks very much like he gets done by the FBI.

Edited by Angel12d

If that is MIT Felicity in the video, then I'm a bit disappointed that they've gone with the familiar Goth look for the computer geek girl.  I mean, there's Abby on NCIS and Chloe on 24, just to name two examples.  It would've been more original if Felicity had this normal, girl-next-door look that screamed National Honor Society but was this computer hacker.  (Hair that black has to be dyed, and Felicity's roots are brown.)

But I guess the EPs are going for something major that happens at MIT that completely changes or forces Felicity to completely change her appearance.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I don't really care that she was goth-ish back then. I mean, we all go through our phases right? What I wonder is how she got from goth geek to preppy geek. 

That's quite a transformation if you ask me! 

Hopefully the episode addresses that

• Love 2

What I wonder is how she got from goth geek to preppy geek. 

That's quite a transformation if you ask me! 

Hopefully the episode addresses that

Yep that's a big transformation. I mean her personality may have been as sunny and snarky as it is now, but her look couldn't be more different.

If that is MIT Felicity in the video, then I'm a bit disappointed that they've gone with the familiar Goth look for the computer geek girl.  I mean, there's Abby on NCIS and Chloe on 24, just to name two examples.  It would've been more original if Felicity had this normal, girl-next-door look that screamed National Honor Society but was this computer hacker.  (Hair that black has to be dyed, and Felicity's roots are brown.)

But I guess the EPs are going for something major that happens at MIT that completely changes or forces Felicity to completely change her appearance.

I think it's less about being "goth" and more about having Felicity do a complete 180 looks-wise. Since this show relies a lot upon flashbacks, it's easier visually to have the characters look as different as they can too. Sara with the bangs in her pre-island flashes, Oliver with the douchey coif and no goatee in his, longer hair in the island flashbacks...it makes it easier for the viewer to differentiate where they are in the story. I'm sure the look has something to do with her character development too; whether that's because she's hiding from something or trying to distance herself as much as possible from those days, I guess we'll find out in November.

• Love 1

Hmm I think the industrial piercing is probably what made them lean on the Goth trope (IF they really have). Certainly piercings, even more  hard core elaborate ones have become pretty bougie since the 90's, but I still think they are most strongly associated with alternative subcultures. Having said that olive skinny cargo's? Not really Goth, so I'm taking the wait and see approach.

Black hair isn't limited to Goth either - even if no one not born with naturally black hair should ever actually wear black hair. One stylist I spoke to told me she would never do more than the darkest shade of brown but otherwise would happily lie to the customers face and say, yep, it's black if they insisted, lol.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I'm just glad that instead of making Felicity the daughter of some super villain or superhero, the EPs are concentrating on Felicity herself. If the Goth look ties in with what they are aiming for...great.

I'm thrilled that Felicity is getting a believable background. A hacker boyfriend who got caught by the Police is preferable to a crime fighting or generating parent/sibling.

I think the EPs have put real thought into Felicity's past and I'm really excited about 3.05.

• Love 3

While the concept & character sounds like it could be interesting... all I can think of is another woman obsessed with Oliver. Didn't Helena kinda fulfill this role with her insane jealousy? I know it's Oliver's show but why not have someone obsessed over Diggle? Wishful thinking on my part, I guess. Just hope that she's crazy start to finish and it's not a Helena situation where Oliver meets her, and has actual interest in her.

• Love 1

I don't think Oliver will have interest in Cupid, but I totally agree, JJ928, that having yet another female fawning all over Oliver is getting old.  I get that comics Green Arrow is traditionally a ladies man but that kind of behavior comes off as douchey on the show, which is probably why Stephen has his talk with the producers about it.  Even if the feelings aren't reciprocated, the stalker-ish behavior was done before (just not to the same degree) with Helena.

So...intimate season 3.

Cupid! Oh my word I am sure I read fan fiction with a situation involving a cupid person who kills unrequited lovers or some thing.

It would be a change of pace to have someone crushing (deadly) on Diggle or Roy or Felicity. Not everyone must love Oliver Queen.

It's his show, most everything will revolve around Oliver. 

So they are going to stick with their throw every DC character they can get into the show. I guess it keeps the comic fanboys happy even though they are mostly useless, nothing like their comic counterpart, are one-note villains and don't add anything to the story. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Cupid was an obsessive stalker who carved a heart into her chest with GA's arrow and then went around killing all of GA rogues in order to get GA attention.

I have no idea how the show will handle it but think more creepy/obsessive stalker...more Misery than fawning

Edited by Morrigan2575

Cupid? *groans*

All kinds of spoilers are leaking out now! Oliver and Felicity kissing/almost kissing. That's surprising and obviously happens pre-date but maybe after Oliver asked her out? Or maybe it's not so surprising since we know they cut the finale kiss. They just keep moving faster than I'm expecting with Oliver and Felicity, and I spent most of season 2 telling myself not to get too attached to the idea, so now I'm having trouble keeping up lol.

Hacker ex-boyfriend, the FBI's involved... I'm definitely leaning heavily towards Felicity and her ex being hacktivists at MIT and maybe the boyfriend went too far with it. I am really looking forward to that episode!

• Love 1

So...intimate season 3.

Cupid! Oh my word I am sure I read fan fiction with a situation involving a cupid person who kills unrequited lovers or some thing.

It would be a change of pace to have someone crushing (deadly) on Diggle or Roy or Felicity. Not everyone must love Oliver Queen.

It seems like she's obsessed with Arrow though, not Oliver, which is new. And not really all that surprising considering the City's positive opinion of him this season, I mean...I may or may not be a sucker for a hooded crime fighter, just saying. Can't blame the ladies of Starling for swooning although taking it to Annie Bates level is unnecessary, haha.

• Love 4

I think Cupid could be interesting if she was just obsessively crushing on the Arrow without having any idea that Oliver Queen is the Arrow.  She doing it because she has a superhero obsession. So in that sense it wouldn't be like Helena at all because Helena knew Oliver was the Arrow and she also was involved with Oliver before finding out he was the Arrow.

I like that the show uses actually comic villains even if only for one episode rather than no name villains.   That's what makes it a comic show instead of like every other "villain of the week crime-fighting" procedural.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 1

Young Mary Winchester! Oh man...show you cannot do that to me. Now I just desperately want my Arrow/SPN crossover episode.  Maybe Sam and Dean hear about some entity flitting between Starling City and Central City as speeds faster than the Impala and they decide they need to investigate it as a "Supernatural" event.  And whilst in Starling City people keep mistaking Dean for Bruce Wayne. 

Boom. Premise is set, shenanigans and hijinks ensues.  MAKE IT HAPPEN

I've read a few comments here and there in the past few months that suggested that Laurel should become Cupid instead of BC.  Reading the character description and comments here, I now see why that was so funny. 

In the comics, does Cupid know that Oliver Queen is Green Arrow?  From that EW article, I see a picture of Dinah with her eyes X'd out that says "Die Tramp Die!" so it definitely seems like the comic Cupid was targeting Dinah.  Here's hoping the show Cupid will know that Oliver Queen is the Arrow and will target Laurel since Laurel was his ex.  I suppose I would be OK with Cupid targeting Felicity because that could lead to some good Felicity/Oliver moments.

I get that Cupid is from the comics and that irl, there would probably be tons of loonies like her, not to mention how creepers would react to female superheroes. But are we really going to learn anything about Oliver besides the high price of fame is that attractive women become obsessed with him? Cupid is like the problematic offspring of a male fantasy and a soap opera.

If she found out who he was and immediately got turned off, however, it would be worth watching.

• Love 2
(edited)
She had captured Merlyn from the police department, drugged him and lured Green Arrow to Star City Museum. Cupid had it arranged that Green Arrow, with a new-found darkness within him, would kill Merlyn and help himself achieve his hearts desire. Green Arrow did not follow through with Merlyn's death after seeing a way out of it and instead incapacitated him

This is the only way I could see the story working in S3, if they focus on Cupid trying to get Arrow to be the Arrow only...basically get him back to S1 vigilante killer level. I think that part of the comic would play into the S3 story quite well...with Oliver trying to decide if he can be Oliver and Arrow...on one side you have Ra's & Cupid saying "your a killer" on the other TA saying "you're a hero".  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

With the number of characters being introduced every episode, this season is more revolving doors than intimate.

Cupid's character sounds like a bunny in the boiler situation.

Helena was different, she was not obsessed with either Oliver or Arrow, she was obsessed with killing her dad for revenge. So there is NO comparison between Huntress and Cupid.

• Love 2

Dialogue tease from the premiere:

ArrowWritersRoom         ✔ @ARROWwriters

"What're you doing here? And the answer better not be stalking me." - Felicity Smoak #DialogueTease #Arrow #Season3premiere

Edited by apinknightmare

It's really weird. They haven't been promoting any other characters as much. I would like to see some dialogue teases from Digg or Oliver or Lance... But this is too much. I feel like I already know half the things that Felicity is going to say in the premier which is kind of sad. 

Also, I'm pretty certain she says that to Ray Palmer because he's the one who wants to hire her back into QC

• Love 2

It's really weird. They haven't been promoting any other characters as much. I would like to see some dialogue teases from Digg or Oliver or Lance... But this is too much. I feel like I already know half the things that Felicity is going to say in the premier which is kind of sad. 

Also, I'm pretty certain she says that to Ray Palmer because he's the one who wants to hire her back into QC

It's a good point - there's already been a lot of Felicity stuff put out there.  I'm actually surprised they aren't teasing dialogue from Ray Palmer.  

I get that Cupid is from the comics and that irl, there would probably be tons of loonies like her, not to mention how creepers would react to female superheroes. But are we really going to learn anything about Oliver besides the high price of fame is that attractive women become obsessed with him? Cupid is like the problematic offspring of a male fantasy and a soap opera.

If she found out who he was and immediately got turned off, however, it would be worth watching.

From what I remember of Kreisberg's run on GA/BC , this was a problem he had with story in general. I don't know about the larger comic community, but I never cared for the Cupid character at all.

Yeah, I really hope they change that for the show. I mean why not just keep it as I must be someone else, something else.  We understand. It's awkward. I wish they wouldn't use I spent 5 years in Hell especially on a network with characters that have gone to literal Hell. HEE. 

It could be

My name is Oliver Queen

After 5 years of Hell on Earth

I returned home with one goal...

To save my city

This battle may be over

But there will be others.

To protect my friends, my family and MY city

I became something else. 

I am someone else.

I am....

The Green Arrow.

DUN DUN DUNNNN

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I still think putting the color of his outfit in front his name doesn't really add anything. I'd rather he just be the Arrow. 

They could just keep taking a page out of Batman's book and have the ending be

"To protect my family, my friends, my home. I must continue to be what my city needs, a hero."

• Love 1

That is actually a lot better! but I honestly think that Oliver's development into becoming the Green Arrow will be in season 4 instead of this season. 

Okay how about this

My name is Oliver Queen

After 5 years of Hell on Earth

I returned home with one goal...

To save my city

This battle may be over

But there will be others.

To protect my friends, my family and MY city

I must become something else

I WILL become someone else

dun dun dunnnn....

Sakura12... I don't think Oliver should speak about himself as being a hero in the monologue. Other people have to call him a hero. IMO

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1