Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Cue internet scramble through DC's back catalogue for any instances of characters called Donna...

Donna Troy is Wonder Woman's sister, so I can't possibly imagine them making her that because it would require giving her the supernatural powers to go with it.

Malcolm, I'd guess.

I'd say Thea finds out the secret. Season 1 episode 5 ended (close enough) with Thea holding the stone Oliver gave her (after Lance charged him for being the vigilante and was "proven innocent") thoughtfully. 

50th ep is episode 4 of s3. Pretty close to two actual years. 

• Love 2

On the subject of Malcolm being recognized, you might be surprised on a day to day basis how few people actually look at people they're passing on the street. Even if he did get noticed by someone not on their cell phone it would probably be a "hey that guy looks kinda familiar" or "hey he looks kinda like Malcolm Merlyn" more often than "Hey, it's Malcolm Merlyn! He's alive! Call the cops!"

• Love 3

On the subject of Malcolm being recognized, you might be surprised on a day to day basis how few people actually look at people they're passing on the street. Even if he did get noticed by someone not on their cell phone it would probably be a "hey that guy looks kinda familiar" or "hey he looks kinda like Malcolm Merlyn" more often than "Hey, it's Malcolm Merlyn! He's alive! Call the cops!"

A guy who looks like exactly like Malcolm Merlyn talking to a guy who looks like Oliver Queen (who is associated with the undertaking as well)? In a word of cellphones and twitter I'm sure someone would notice and tell the world. But I guess I can hold suspension of disbelief. 

I'd say Thea finds out the secret. Season 1 episode 5 ended (close enough) with Thea holding the stone Oliver gave her (after Lance charged him for being the vigilante and was "proven innocent") thoughtfully. 

I don't think Thea will find out the secret that early.  I think it's some sort of Malcolm/Oliver confrontation. 

Or maybe Thea is like using a bow and arrow and going by Speedy or something in the last scene since she has been called Speedy since the Pilot. 

Edited by ban1o

Could be, although there's a lot of potential drama to be pulled out of Thea not knowing for a while. But this show doesn't seem to wait on anything, so I guess we'll find out in a couple of months.

I think there's more drama of Thea actually knowing. Another lie, another reason to distrust Oliver, another way he's failed/lost her. 

I'm taking "two years" literally, and I don't know what else fits that bill. Malcolm and Oliver discuss Tommy? 1.5 years/1.1 seasons. 

I think there's more drama of Thea actually knowing. Another lie, another reason to distrust Oliver, another way he's failed/lost her. 

I'm taking "two years" literally, and I don't know what else fits that bill. Malcolm and Oliver discuss Tommy? 1.5 years/1.1 seasons. 

Well, for all we know Malcolm already told her. It'd further tie her to him, so I wouldn't be surprised if Thea already knew. I wouldn't take two years literally - no one on this show seems to be able to keep their time straight.

• Love 1

I don't think  Stephen Amell meant literally 2 years. :P He probably just meant around 2 seasons in the making. I usually don't put that much thought in my tweets. 

Edited by ban1o

Well, for all we know Malcolm already told her. It'd further tie her to him, so I wouldn't be surprised if Thea already knew. I wouldn't take two years literally - no one on this show seems to be able to keep their time straight.

Well in an interview John Barrowman  and also Willa Holland said the only thing he's not really telling her is that Oliver is the Arrow. So i don't think he already told her at least I don't think she'll know when she first appears in season 3. 

Edited by ban1o

lol ok so 

Episode 2 is Sara-centric

Episode 3 is Diggle-centric

Episode 4 is Malcolm/Thea-centric

Episdoe 5 is Felicity-centric 

Episode 6 is Roy-centric 

and there's also a Ray-centric episodes somewhere. This is like the season of character-centric episodes. I wonder if the title will have something to do with Roy. 

Maybe episode 7 is Laurel centric. 

Edited by ban1o

Someone's missing from that list...I can't place it.. ;)

lol I literally just edited my post to add Laurel before I saw your post :P 

Edited by ban1o

I'm probably being really finicky about this but Roy is on even footing with Dig and Felicity? I would've liked to see that happening. I guess Roy putting on his mask and fighting in the tunnel was the beginning of his even footing.

• Love 4

I'm probably being really finicky about this but Roy is on even footing with Dig and Felicity? I would've liked to see that happening. I guess Roy putting on his mask and fighting in the tunnel was the beginning of his even footing.

Yeah I double read that. I don't really see how Roy is on even footing with Diggle and Felicity. They've been on Team Arrow for a lot longer. I see Roy as more of a sidekick. But I guess some people could say Felicity and Diggle are sidekicks too lol.  Hopefully they implement him on the team well and define his role and do a better job then the crap job they did last season. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I agree. Roy joined the team, went missing, Mirakuru-raged out, was in a coma for a few more episodes, then fought in the season finale. I can't consider him on the same footing as Dig and Felicity because we haven't seen it. But I doubt it will be addressed. And they can always use the 5 month time jump to cover it.

• Love 2

And they can always use the 5 month time jump to cover it.

Yeah I guess in 5 months you can say he's gotten used to the team. Hopefully they at least address it though. 

If Malcolm wanted to be a real bastard, he'd make Oliver think that he's got Thea locked up somewhere. It would make the reveal that she was with him willingly the whole time more damaging. And my bet is that the Arrow will encounter Thea in her new identity before Oliver Queen finds out about his little sister's training/transformation. Plus it would be cool.

I'll be kind of bummed if that confrontation scene is all about Tommy, honestly, because there's not many places left to go with that character considering he's dead.

• Love 5

And my bet is that the Arrow will encounter Thea in her new identity before Oliver Queen finds out about his little sister's training/transformation. Plus it would be cool.

I definitely think this will be the case. He might not even know it's Thea at first since she might wear a mask. 

Edited by ban1o

Same. I don't buy that at all but then I still feel like Team Arrow only consists of Oliver, Digg and Felicity. Everyone else feels like add-ons to me. Oooops.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I have no problem with him being on Team Arrow. The writers just did a really sucky job of doing it, by even their own admission lol. I don't think Team Arrow was ever meant to be just Diggle, Felicity and Oliver. I'm all for changing things up. 

Edited by ban1o

Tom & Lorenzo have pictures of Stephen and John rehearsing last night. The pictures themselves aren't spoilery, but since the fact that they're filming together is a spoiler, I figured they were best posted here.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 1

I dont have a problem with certain people joining Team Arrow. But please don't say newbies will be equal to Felicity & Diggle.

I almost feel a little protective of the original 3 Team Arrow members because I was robbed of their interaction for a string of episodes in season 2. I just want it to feel organic. At this point I do see Roy as more of a sidekick than a partner. He's like a junior partner. In training.

• Love 7

See and this is where I get really annoyed with reading EPs interviews. One of them said (and of course I can't find the quote) that the people will come  and go from the Arrow cave but in the end it will always be the core three. Then they write lines like, "the only two that matter, John Diggle and Felicity Smoak," and "this started with the three of us, it's time we got back to that," and they then ignore those statements five seconds after making them. And it makes me think they are just providing lip service to it.

I'm not opposed to people coming and going but I do need the writers to respect what they themselves have said in the past.  I've never seen a show so bound and determined to ignore what everyone points to as the highlight of the show - Original Team Arrow.  The episodes that critics, fans, media all like the best are the ones that feature that partnership.

• Love 7

Oh Stephen. If it's warm enough to wear a t-shirt then it's definitely way too hot to be wearing a wooly pom pom hat. Having said that, there are not many who could carry that hat off and you almost manage it :D

• Love 2

mm didn't this already happen when Sara joined Team Arrow temporarily. She was pretty much equal to Oliver. But yeah I hope Season 3 has more Oliver-felicity and Diggle. I'm sure the writers have learned and will have more core 3 interaction. Having Roy "on" Team Arrow doesn't mean that won't happen. I can only see team arrow getting bigger. Like I think Thea will join eventually (not sure though) 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

MG and AK did say that they learned from s2 but now I'm wondering.  Saying that Roy will be equal to Diggle and Felicity is not going to make people like me who didn't like the dilution of Team Arrow feel optimistic. Sara coming on as equal to Oliver meant that everyone else got pushed further down the line.

I almost feel a little protective of the original 3 Team Arrow members because I was robbed of their interaction for a string of episodes in season 2. I just want it to feel organic. At this point I do see Roy as more of a sidekick than a partner. He's like a junior partner. In training.

Maybe Roy has become a good fighter but what Diggle and Felicity brought to the team was a gravitas and a moral philosophy beyond Oliver's "kill the bad guys".  I haven't seen anything in Roy that seems to be on that plane.

• Love 3

Reading that quote, MC doesn't say Roy is on equal footing.  The equal footing stuff if from the interviewer answering the question. All the MG quote says is that we find out in Episode 6 about Roy/Oliver's relationship and Roy's place on the team.  I think it's premature to assume Felicity/Diggle are being tossed to the side for Roy or anyone else.

• Love 2

Well we saw it happened last season. I think if it happens again this season i think they can prepare themselves for some fan rections. 

For me Roy and Sara cannot be compared. Because Sara was equal to Oliver, Roy was always treated as the trainee of Oliver. 

• Love 1

Whilst I don't think they'll make the mistake they did with Sara (she was basically second lead) I just ask that I don't feel robbed of interaction between Diggle and Felicity in relation to Roy. Kind of like The Odyssey when Felicity first joined. That was a really good episode, capped by Oliver shaking her hand. But I guess something like that already happened.

• Love 1

Yeah the reason why Felicity and Diggle were marginalized a little bit last season was because Sara for many episodes become the 2nd lead, and she was Ollie's romantic interest like Arrow Limbo said. Roy is obviously not going to become that.  Also the writers know people love Felicity and Diggle. And they said they learned from there mistakes from last season. So imo there's no need to worry when it comes to Felicity and Diggle.

Edited by ban1o

I don't think the general viewer is concerned about core 3 or core 4 members. I think comic book fans would want to expand the team and I don't think the casual viewer is at all concerned about it. It is on this forum only that I see the fondness for the first 3 members of Team Arrow. As the show moves forward, it's expected that new characters will be introduced.

And its as if the EPs want to tick off all character centric episodes, and crossover episodes early in the series before they introduce Ra's in the second half of the season prominently which makes me think that Ra's will remain for Season 4.

Edited by abhi

Its not about introducing new characters. Thats not the issue its how the interactions in the team will be handled that is worrisome. But we already know there will be a fallout soon, since there are 2 issues that will come up soon: Roy hiding the truth from Oliver and the fact that Felicity didn't tell him what happened during his RoidRage. 

• Love 3

I personally don't care (mostly) who becomes a part of Team Arrow as long as Diggle and Felicity aren't sidelined to make room for the new person(s) like they were last year. And as long as the show goes light on the Laurel (lol, I know).

• Love 6

I agree that comic book fans would want to expand the team to include Arsenal but I think the show has gone beyond comic book fans and into a life of its own.  The EPs are using that by putting Diggle and TV's Felicity Smoak into the comics to pick up on the new fans, but these are the people who don't want to see the Team diluted.

I've also seen reviewers like Alan Sepinwall and Matt Roush write that they missed the show focussing on the core 3 members of the Team so it's not just here.

And its as if the EPs want to tick off all character centric episodes, and crossover episodes early in the series before they introduce Ra's in the second half of the season prominently which makes me think that Ra's will remain for Season 4.

That makes sense.  Or maybe they're aware of how lost these other characters got during the second part of s2 and want to make up for it now.

• Love 3

Ra's is probably the biggest villain they will ever get. I definitely think he'll remain for season 4. I'm actually glad their having character-centric episodes. It shows that their focusing more on character development. 

I agree that comic book fans would want to expand the team to include Arsenal but I think the show has gone beyond comic book fans and into a life of its own.  The EPs are using that by putting Diggle and TV's Felicity Smoak into the comics to pick up on the new fans, but these are the people who don't want to see the Team diluted.

Mm I don't think it's likely that the team will never get diluted. The way they are setting up season 3, it seems like Team Arrow will eventually get quite a few more members (probably some will be temporary) Obviously I'm not sure about all of these but there are Ray Palmer, Laurel, and Thea. 

Edited by ban1o

I really want to like Roy because Colton Haynes is so personable and funny in his appearances, but I don't care much about Roy so far. He's Oliver's sidekick IMO as opposed to a team partner. Regardless, they really did drop the ball on his evolution to a costumed hero. It's like they want to tell hero origin stories in real time but then have no time, and possibly no idea, how to handle it well.

Amell cracks me up with those hats - what do Canadians call them? Where I'm from we called them boggans but I was informed that no one else called them that in North America (it might be AL specific, like saying buggies instead of trolleys or shopping carts? I found one military guy who had heard of boggans but he'd been stationed in Pensacola.) Also, we only wore them in winter. I'm so unbelievably excited to see scenes between Malcolm and Oliver! And yes, I think Thea won't know about Oliver being the Arrow right away. I can't wait to see what's happened to Thea during her time away and I really can't wait until Oliver finds out what she's been doing.

Amell cracks me up with those hats - what do Canadians call them? Where I'm from we called them boggans but I was informed that no one else called them that in North America (it might be AL specific, like saying buggies instead of trolleys or shopping carts? I found one military guy who had heard of boggans but he'd been stationed in Pensacola.) Also, we only wore them in winter. I'm so unbelievably excited to see scenes between Malcolm and Oliver! And yes, I think Thea won't know about Oliver being the Arrow right away. I can't wait to see what's happened to Thea during her time away and I really can't wait until Oliver finds out what she's been doing

Canadians call them toques. :)

Canadians call them toques. :)

I thought it was spelled "tuque"

Both are correct (my spell check tells me neither are incorrect at least), even as a Canadian I'm not 100% positive, but I do spell it as "toque".