Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Considering they have to follow JS and his fantastic acting abilities, I really wonder if that is the best way to go.  I mean the girl who plays Artemis seems nice but to have her follow in JS's footsteps seems kind of laughable.

Girl. I wouldn't even worry about Madison's acting abilities when we have KC possibly following JS' footsteps as the potential bigger bad since she's BS.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

If the finale location is Lian Yu, maybe Prometheus forces Oliver to release ALL the prisoners from the ARGUS prison there, as a way of undoing what Oliver's done over the past four plus years. That could include Slade, Black Siren, et al.

Maybe this season will end on a big cliffhanger in an attempt to drum up ratings for their return in S6. (Hey, it worked for TWD premiere last fall. Of course, then their ratings plummeted afterwards.)

I was more thinking that that would be the 522 cliffhanger.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Girl. I wouldn't even worry about Madison's acting abilities when we have KC possibly following JS' footsteps as the potential bigger bad since she's BS.

I didn't even consider this. She can't be the s6 big bad! What a downgrade! I'm sorry but no.

I just assumed they'd find some dumbass way to make her BC again. Or at least redeem her. And they'll probably have some lame scene where Dinah hands over the BC mantle and says something like "It was never really mine in the first place." 

LMAO. I can't! 

Edited by Guest

LMAO, I knew it! As they say: "Where there's smoke, there's usually fire."

14 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol, as if we know how long this has been in the works. 

Agreed. I think this was probably already in the works by the time they scratched whatever plans they had for KC on LOT. And if she's really coming back as the main baddie next season, her fans should be absolutely thrilled. Black Canary is nothing more than an empty, worthless title on Arrow. Playing the main villain, on the other hand, promises ample story time and lots of cool character moments. If I were an actress, I know which shoes I would much rather fill. 

Edited by strikera0

I know stupidity knows no bounds in the Arrowverse, but I seriously hope they aren't dumb enough to bring hit-by-a-car, punched-in-the-face, disposed-of-in-one-ep, scared-of-the-real-big-bad-of-the-season Black Siren on as a big bad for next season, lmao. 

• Love 15

Maybe, BS do something that will make her good terms with the team at the end of the season, so OQ and others think she's changed and then, at some point on season 6, BS will allied to the big bad again. This would give BC a rival

4 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Being the main villain can also get you killed off though so I could see a arc to redeem her more. But I can't think of a way to handle the mess of two Dinah with the canary cry. Thank God I don't work on that show, hahaha

As an actor, I so wouldn't care. I would much rather get to do some serious work over the course of the season and potentially go out in a blaze of glory in the season finale than merely exist on the show with no screentime or storyline for the better part of 2 or 3 years. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

You think it'll threaten Olicity? That's all I care about anyway!

No. Whereas last week I wasn't sure we'd get a full Olicity reunion by 523 instead of just hints at one, now I'm now feeling much more confident that they will be a solid couple going into S6. Despite whatever reasons the producers had for bringing KS back, they can't possibly want to wade into the ship wars again (though I've already seen hopeful replies to MG's tweet about a revival of the comic canon relationship). 

I'd be very surprised if they don't at least try the redemption arc because that was hinted so strongly at during BS' last episode, but MG's reply about JH's future on the show give me hope that BS will stay a villain for a while, at least. Having two metas with the same powers on the same team who kind of look alike can't be a thing. Even two metas with the same powers on the same show who kind of look alike is stretching it.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 4

I think Artemis dies in 5x23. Or will no one die?

BS in season 6 means Quentin will be in season 6. I was afraid he would die. Her story might be more focused on him.

Edited by Morena
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

As an actor, I so wouldn't care. I would much rather get to do some serious work over the course of the season and potentially go out in a blaze of glory in the season finale than merely exist on the show with no screentime or storyline for the better part of 2 or 3 years. 

You wouldn't. Someone that came back after getting fired, replaced by a new girl right after and that got questionable material when she made an appearance I'm not sure would care. I imagine she'd want to stick around instead.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

The Flash does it with Barry, Wally, and sometimes Jesse and Jay, so it may happen at some point.

Flash is flopping because of stuff like that. I dont care if its comic canon these people should learn to make good tv not put a bunch of comics on screen and scream "iconic". Lord....

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Except The Flash is all about metas and has a meta as a main character. I should hope that since SA is so protective of his character he'd make sure he doesn't get upstaged by sidekicks.

True, and The Flash is supposed to be a meta party. And even all the speedsters who have the same powers, at least they are all really distinct characters -- and they all look completely different. JH's being styled more and more like KC lately, though I guess that could change now.

I just realized that I'm trying to apply logic to this decision, which is probably as dumb as this show...

Edited by Trisha
10 minutes ago, Trisha said:

(though I've already seen hopeful replies to MG's tweet about a revival of the comic canon relationship). 

But which comic canon relationship do they want? Oliver Queen/Laurel Lance (and not even the LL from S1-4)? Or Green Arrow/Black Canary? Because with KC returning as Black Siren and if JH is sticking around and becomes Black Canary ...  

16 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Sometimes you just need that $$$, man. If people weren't desperate for paychecks so much of my favorite garbage entertainment wouldn't exist, bless. 

• Love 2

This actually makes me wonder now if the worldwide casting and styling of Juliana in a couple of pics where she resembled KC were intentional.  Black Siren runs around in S6 causing problems for Dinah Drake.  Big faceoff/showdown at some point late in S6. 

Another option since there won't be flashbacks/flashforwards in every episode in S6, is that they create BOP within Arrow (similar to Suicide Squad) eps using 2 metas - my guess is on Dinah being more fighter than screamer, KC struts and screams but is still inept physically, Thea, Artemis, Talia, Nyssa (her show's probably going to be cancelled. Wasn't doing well and one of the leads passed away.)makes up the 3rd.  I guess the question is, is KC a 23 episode regular?

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just assumed they'd find some dumbass way to make her BC again. Or at least redeem her. And they'll probably have some lame scene where Dinah hands over the BC mantle and says something like "It was never really mine in the first place."  

As stupid as that may be, I would much rather see that than the potential alternative. I don't care what MG says on his social media accounts. I don't trust him and I am very worried that we might see another woman getting fridged. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

As stupid as that may be, I would much rather see that than the potential alternative. I don't care what MG says on his social media accounts. I don't trust him and I am very worried that we might see another woman getting fridged. 

Well, I'd rather see none of it, especially not KC becoming BC again. But I do understand your fear about another woman getting fridged. That would be gross.

I've always thought David Ramsey was always too positive in his Olicity claims at cons but now I'm wondering if his comments about Olicity getting back together are actually true.

He made a comment about there being  BS story to tell and that's true so I'm hopeful that his Olicity comments are also accurate and not just what fans wanted to hear. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But which comic canon relationship do they want? Oliver Queen/Laurel Lance (and not even the LL from S1-4)? Or Green Arrow/Black Canary? Because with KC returning as Black Siren and if JH is sticking around and becomes Black Canary ...  

The only stuff I've seen is people theorizing that BS gets redeemed and it's the LL/OQ "iconic romance" of the comics. But as @Morena just pointed out, maybe the DD/OQ vs LL/OQ fighting will take the spotlight off of Felicity. My hope is that they establish Olicity so firmly in S6 that any inklings about Oliver with someone else will disappear for the general audience. (I think as long as there's someone who resembles BC on the show, that flame will always burn for comic fans.)

The thing that bugs me most about this development is that it's increasingly starting to feel like season 5 was just a holding pattern. Laurel's death was supposed to mean so much to this show but we're just going to end up with not one, but two characters who have same name/powers, while Oliver will learn the value of relying on his team (again!) after trying to go it alone for a while. Like, what was the point?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

BR was recurring, so was Neal M

Thanks.  I guess the show runner's were grateful that they stuck around instead of taking on other projects since they weren't tied down then.  Is it possible to tie an actor down to a certain number of episodes if they aren't a regular?  - You know a whole lot more about the business than I do.

Edited by Sunshine
35 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I know stupidity knows no bounds in the Arrowverse, but I seriously hope they aren't dumb enough to bring hit-by-a-car, punched-in-the-face, disposed-of-in-one-ep, scared-of-the-real-big-bad-of-the-season Black Siren on as a big bad for next season, lmao. 

Lmao thank you! Like what. The only thing she has is the sonic scream. She's not a fighter. 

• Love 2

My hope is that she ends up working with/for the big bad. Also, I hope Artemis is not a part of the villains next year, she needs to go. I know a lot of us thought Slade was gonna be back (myself included), does anyone else think next season could be a Deathstroke/BS team up?

Arrow and the CW is trying to please everyone. We will get Olicity and Laurel fans will get BS and BC fans will get Tina, and fans will fight amongst each other and arrow will be a mess because these writers are barely average with CW and DC always forcing stories on them. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Thanks.  I guess the show runner's were grateful that they stuck around instead of taking on other projects since they weren't tied down then.  Is it possible to tie an actor down to a certain number of episodes if they aren't a regular?  - You know a whole lot more about the business than I do.

BR had a WB deal and was pushed on Arrow for a potential spinoff, he had no interest in going anywhere.

Neal M, not really sure. You can certainly contract a guest star for a specific number of episodes. 

• Love 3

Haha, I just remembered what MG/WM said about Laurel's death in S4 and how it will bring back the stakes.

ROFL.

This show is a joke. You have to laugh, right?

I wonder if Evelyn still has her electronic sonic cry device. It could be a 3-way canary cry-off among Artemis, Tinah and Black Siren!  And if Sara crosses over, it could be a 4-way canary cry-off.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, ARLES said:

Arrow and the CW is trying to please everyone. We will get Olicity and Laurel fans will get BS and BC fans will get Tina, and fans will fight amongst each other and arrow will be a mess because these writers are barely average with CW and DC always forcing stories on them. 

I think you're onto something!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if Evelyn still has her electronic sonic cry device. It could be a 3-way canary cry-off among Artemis, Tinah and Black Siren!  And if Sara crosses over, it could be a 4-way canary cry-off.

Don't put that into the universe, OMG. Go into the corner and think about what you've just done!

May Sweeps Scorecard 2017: Deaths, Breakups, Weddings, Firings, Sex, Resurrections, Time Jumps and More!  By Michael Ausiello / March 27 2017, 11:49 AM PDT  http://tvline.com/2017/03/27/may-sweeps-scorecard-2017-spoilers-deaths/

• Number of characters giving birth: 1
  • Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 6
  • Number of new pregnancies: 1
  • Number of weddings: 1
  • Number of couples reuniting: 7
  • Number of fatalities: 11
  • Number of breakups/divorces: 5
  • Number of possible fatalities*: 5      *Applies to characters whose fate is left up in the air at the end of the season finale
  • Number of characters leaving town: 8
  • Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 6
  • Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 11
  • Number of engagements/question poppings: 2
  • Number of time warps/jump: 2
  • Number of nuclear disasters: 1

My Olicity fanservice order includes: couple reuniting, possible wedding and (with the lastest news) maybe a pregnancy. Who do I need to insult to make it happen?

13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I've always thought David Ramsey was always too positive in his Olicity claims at cons but now I'm wondering if his comments about Olicity getting back together are actually true.

I don't think DR has ever straight-out lied. Sometimes he over-hypes things, and he gets timing wrong a lot. (We were complaining a few weeks ago when he seemed to imply that he would be having a big conversation with Felicity about Helix when they went to Russia, but it turned out that it was a few episodes after that, and he's been hyping up the Dyla stuff for a while as if it's imminent even though it's not until 520). 

• Love 2

I'd love a pregnancy but I like EBR so much I'd feel guilty wishing a fake belly on her. I'm so torn about this!

Is there anyway they can speed up so we get like 2 eps pregnancy and then a baby?

Hehe sorry guys I'm into babies so Olicity babies is a goal!:

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Haha, I just remembered what MG/WM said about Laurel's death in S4 and how it will bring back the stakes.

ROFL.

This show is a joke. You have to laugh, right?

I hope Oliver makes Barry bring back a doppelgänger to replace all his loved ones now, haha. Will they be up to the task? Highest stakes ever! 

• Love 2