Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It would definitely make sense for Noah to be involved in Helix somehow, whether he's worked with them or helped create it or whatever. But I don't really want him to come back and "save" Felicity. I'd like her to do that herself tbh. 

BTW, I still haven't watched the episode but someone on twitter caught this moment (I hope it's okay to post):

I have to admit it does look like she's planted something but also IDK the context so...Thoughts?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It would definitely make sense for Noah to be involved in Helix somehow, whether he's worked with them or helped create it or whatever. But I don't really want him to come back and "save" Felicity. I'd like her to do that herself tbh. 

BTW, I still haven't watched the episode but someone on twitter caught this moment (I hope it's okay to post):

I have to admit it does look like she's planted something but also IDK the context so...Thoughts?

Isn't she just putting back the chip she picked up at the beginning of the scene?

• Love 4

In the clip, I think Felicity had picked up a PT chip and was just putting it back down as the scene pans away.

I saw an interesting spec on tumblr: Alena possibly being related to Brie Larvan and wanting to get revenge.  Brie wanted the chip from PT to cure her illness, but Felicity ruined her plans.  Felicity found PT chip prototypes at Helix.  In the past Brie had robot bees in Flash and flying robots in the Flash comics - I don't think we ever found out if she worked for someone or not, but it would make sense that she could have access to those resources/tech if she worked for Helix.

I was thinking of the ineptitude of the relationship writing this year and wonder if TPTB realize how badly they botched this season. If I take it on face value that this season played out as intended, the main couple on this show began the season acting as pod people. Two temp LI's were introduced, one with zero personality and the other shady as hell that no one in the audience minus Natalie Abrams even cared if they lived or died. (At least Sara and Ray had larger purposes.) The hero of the show lost 100 IQ points and he didn't have that many to begin with. We find out in 520 what really happened between them over the summer to get them to this point. That's 20 episodes/hours. 20! And who knows what happens after that. No wonder those who were interested in Olicity bailed. I just don't understand who thought that was good storytelling and pacing. I know this is almost a beat by beat repeat of other seasons, but I'm baffled that no one in that writing room tried to mix things up this year. 

I also hope Noah shows up again this year. From the Felicity Smoak thread, I can see Helix ultimately recruiting her to hack some nukes which is a replica of the Havenrock situation bringing that full circle. I hope and assume the outcome would be different this time, and then Felicity either takes over or dismantles Helix. 

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

We find out in 520 what really happened between them over the summer to get them to this point. That's 20 episodes/hours. 20!

Even if this was actually meticulously planned to be played out exactly like it was -- people wondering why does Oliver look so dumb and robotic, why is O/F being so completely ignored for 20! episodes -- it still looks like they fucked up and 520 is the fix.

WHO in their right minds plans shit that looks like damage is finally being dealt with? Arrow, obvi.

• Love 23

Felicity has to know that Helix isn't good if for no other reason that they stole her biotech chip and just have it laying around like it's candy. That should be her first clue once she arrived at Helix. I just don't see her just putting the chip back like it's no big deal. She knows Curtis invented it and that would make her angry.

I would love for her father to be the founder but since she was able to stop her father from stealing the tech I think that puts him out of the running unless he got someone else to do it. 

When are they going to blow up Susan? They blew up Ray now it's her turn.

Edited by BunsenBurner
Complete sentences.
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe  a bug?  It would be nice if Felicity weren't totally oblivious to Helix being a sinister organization but she seemed to lose a lot of IQ points in the first half of the season.

I think the entire Arrow writing team lost IQ points and unfortunately the cast had to be the ones that had to portray it. Sad.

• Love 1

I was going to reply to that post but @Trisha just did it much better.

It's like the writers thought they were writing a soap opera, which is all go, stop, go, reverse, because you have to fill 350 hours a year for several years if not decades so that everything goes super slow and people act like idiots (Why didn't Frank just ask Anna where she was that night?  Why did he ask X, Y, and Z and then finally break up with her instead of just asking her what she was doing?)  On a regular TV show, especially with streaming now, it has to make sense in the flow of the story.

10 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Having love interests that the audience isn't supposed to care about also means you devote massive amounts of screen time to irrelevant characters who make our faves look like plot pretzels in order to explain why they're with them.

And not only the OTP, but their friends and various other characters who do things that make no sense e.g. why did Rene pick up his guns and become a vigilante instead of cleaning up his act and getting his daughter back?  It may be a back door to getting Rene off the show at the end of the season if the character fails but it has to make sense now, not in ep 23.

Factions among the audience are inevitable but you can't sacrifice one (shippers) to court another (comic book fans) and keep all your viewers.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

Even if this was actually meticulously planned to be played out exactly like it was -- people wondering why does Oliver look so dumb and robotic, why is O/F being so completely ignored for 20! episodes -- it still looks like they fucked up and 520 is the fix.

It's been said that the studio doesn't really care about broadcast ratings because of their Netflix/streaming deals and I think they've said this season was meant to be binge watched. So I guess they've been trying and failing to replicate the Marvel Netflix approach which of course works for 8 or 10 or 13 episodes not 23. (This might be better in the ratings thread?)

I wish they had at least shown Oliver and Felicity trying to rebuild their friendship at least beyond a couple throwaway lines. Maybe that will happen between now and 5x20. 

45 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I would love for her father to be the founder but since she was able to stop her father from stealing the tech I think that puts him out of the running unless he got someone else to do it. 

I was randomly thinking what if Malcolm was in charge of Helix and Felicity was inadvertently working with him (parallels!) but I hope it's actually more of an amoral organization rather than an out and out evil one. 

25 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Having love interests that the audience isn't supposed to care about also means you devote massive amounts of screen time to irrelevant characters who make our faves look like plot pretzels in order to explain why they're with them. It's shockingly damaging to the characters we thought we knew.

At least make them interesting! Billy was boring but didn't get much screen time and had the good manners to get himself killed early on. Susan is also boring and they burned so much time on her. There may be BTS reasons like WH's availability or something but if you are going to waste time on a reporter who is not actually reporting then give us something to work with. Imagine if she had been like a community organizer or council member who blackmailed Oliver w/ his identity for more funding for the Glades or something. Shady methods with actual good intent. 

Edited by leopardprint
typos
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I hope it's actually more of an amoral organization rather than an out and out evil one. 

At least make them interesting! Billy was boring but didn't get much screen time and had the good manners to get himself killed early on. Susan is also boring and they burned so much time on her. There may be BTS reasons like WH's availability or something but if you are going to waste time on a reporter who is not actually reporting then give us something to work with. 

I agree about Helix. I think they cross some lines - and will have Felicity do so especially now to find Oliver - but I can't see them having her working with an evil organization after saying that they're not having her go fully dark because of who she is. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if Helix just disappears at some point. They popped up all of a sudden in 511, and maybe they'll just be gone all of a sudden too. Maybe one day Felicity goes back to their HQ and they're gone and she can't find them to maybe try to undo/make right something they had her do for them. Then if they want to bring them back next season they can, and they can focus on Oliver/Chase/Talia/etc. for the rest of this season. 

I feel like they spent more time on Susan's job than they did on Billy altogether. In the same episode that Oliver was so concerned about the shady reporter who should have lost her job anyway getting her job back, they actually had Thea suggest that they throw the actual good detective under the bus and blame Billy. I found Billy boring and a pointless character, but they made me feel bad for the guy even though they didn't end up doing that and didn't manage to do that with Susan when she was kidnapped and held in an elevator. And they wasted screentime on these characters that could have been spent on pretty much any other storyline this year. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

At least make them interesting! Billy was boring but didn't get much screen time and had the good manners to get himself killed early on. Susan is also boring and they burned so much time on her.

I think the danger to that (in the writers' eyes at least) is if you make the temp LIs interesting, a segment of the audience might actually start rooting for them.  Can't have that if their entire purpose is to bring Olicity together again. So they made Billy as dynanic as wet cardboard and Susan so shady that the audience was always on guard when Oliver was around her. I don't think anyone - not reviewers, not comic fans, no one - started rooting for either Billy or Susan. So the writers achieved their goal of using them only as stalls - except they somehow didn't anticipate how bad it would make Felicity and (especially) Oliver look by being with them. It's a mind-boggling oversight. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I don't think she's planting anything, but I did wonder if it was Chekhov's spinal implant, where they will punish Felicity later by jamming hers up.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Trisha said:

So the writers achieved their goal of using them only as stalls - except they somehow didn't anticipate how bad it would make Felicity and (especially) Oliver look by being with them. It's a mind-boggling oversight. 

I definitely agree with your post but they haven't had this issue before with  Helena, McKenna or Sara and the early PR said they were writing away from Olicity so I guess they shouldn't care. We should have been shown something compelling about her so we would understand why Oliver would want to date her otherwise he looks dumb and pathetic. And they made her a reporter so they had a built in exit strategy for breaking them up like she chooses to do a story over Oliver's or Thea's objections because it's important the city is informed. Though I could be getting ahead of myself. The plot had it be important she get her reporting job back for some reason but she's only shown reporting when she's not dating Oliver. So they break up and she's going to be shown reporting and may be the key in exposing Adrian Chase to the city so Oliver will be justified in his trust for her. 

I will now issue a self ban on using the word "report" or any derivative there of. 

Moving on, Spoilerdude mentioned the word rebirth in regards to Felicity. Maybe she fakes her death to get away from Helix or the team could think she is dead ala S3 Oliver. They did that anvil "greatest pain" transition and that's the catalyst for reconciliation. 

1 hour ago, BunsenBurner said:

She knows Curtis invented it and that would make her angry.

I would love if Felicity/Curtis team up to take Helix down and then the "rebirth" of PT as Smoak Technologies. Curtis could be shown as competent and Felicity could be the major threat from TA. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I don't think she's planting anything, but I did wonder if it was Chekhov's spinal implant, where they will punish Felicity later by jamming hers up.

That would be über cruel. My spec about them leading her towards a situation similar to Havenrock sounds like small potatoes in comparison.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That would be über cruel. My spec about them leading her towards a situation similar to Havenrock sounds like small potatoes in comparison.

If SA can get his questionable joking specs to come true (killing Billy, Oliver and Felicity making mistakes over the summer), then EBR should get hers too.

Yeah I agree this was probably the plan all along. I think they wanted to avoid drama and drama this season for them was anything romantic really so the way they chose to rebuild olicity was by having them "walk in each others shoes" rather than any actual significant interaction between them.It's dumb imo because that way they made olicity weirdly polite and distant to each other all season just to achieve that and compared to the dynamic we're used to from them it wasn't as interesting and it damaged especially Oliver's likability.  It might have worked better if they didn't throw totally awful temp LIs at them because added to the distance between olicity it was just too much. I kinda get why they had Felicity date Billy even tho I think havenrock was enough for her dark storyline, but I can see his purpose was basically to die to trigger her arc. But Oliver dating Susan has zero purpose so far, the relationship actually stopped the one plot relevant thing she was doing by trying to expose him. It feels like he only dated Susan because they figured he hasn't had a irrelevant temp relationship since season 2 so he might as well get one while they're stalling the main ship. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I cant believe Oliver only needed to remember having sex with Felicity to look better. Talk about rebirth. 

Now that he's either having good sex again or thinks he might be close to having good sex again with someone he loves the boy wants to put in a little effort into his appearance! :p

Hes probably started wearing the cologne as well at this rate.

• Love 6

As a plot device, to "walk in each other's shoes" escapes me with this pair.  It's not like they couldn't communicate, except when they couldn't communicate For Plot. The rest of the time, they were a well-adjusted, empathic couple.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I agree about Helix. I think they cross some lines - and will have Felicity do so especially now to find Oliver - but I can't see them having her working with an evil organization after saying that they're not having her go fully dark because of who she is. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if Helix just disappears at some point. They popped up all of a sudden in 511, and maybe they'll just be gone all of a sudden too. Maybe one day Felicity goes back to their HQ and they're gone and she can't find them to maybe try to undo/make right something they had her do for them. Then if they want to bring them back next season they can, and they can focus on Oliver/Chase/Talia/etc. for the rest of this season.

Right now, it sees like Helix wants something from  Felicity.  Hacking the drone was just a test of whether she would do what they want her to, or a way to get her set on the slippery slope.

If Helix does suddenly disappear and the building is cleared out, they will be connected to next years' Big Bad.  Not the Big Bad itself because that needs to be about Oliver but connected to it.

But my real preference is to have Felicity know it's a bad organization and somehow work with it to get what she wants but not be pulled into it and maybe bring it down in the end.

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I think the danger to that (in the writers' eyes at least) is if you make the temp LIs interesting, a segment of the audience might actually start rooting for them.  Can't have that if their entire purpose is to bring Olicity together again. So they made Billy as dynanic as wet cardboard and Susan so shady that the audience was always on guard when Oliver was around her. I don't think anyone - not reviewers, not comic fans, no one - started rooting for either Billy or Susan. So the writers achieved their goal of using them only as stalls - except they somehow didn't anticipate how bad it would make Felicity and (especially) Oliver look by being with them. It's a mind-boggling oversight. 

While I certainly didn't root for Felicity/Billy and had a hard time understanding why she would jump into a not-real relationship so quickly (maybe 5x20 will tell us), at least I got why she picked Billy.  He was good guy, even is he only was a 'B' to Oliver's 'A'.  But the relationship with Susan did so much damage to Oliver as the hero of the show, that I wonder if they're regretting how they wrote it now.

39 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Although if she was willing to sacrifice herself on the nuke in Bratva*, then she would be willing to sacrifice her chip here.

*I find it interesting that I only remember the names of a few of the episodes this season, unlike previous seasons. Now they're mostly  just numbers to me, which says volumes about the quality of the season so far.

• Love 8
Just now, statsgirl said:

*I find it interesting that I only remember the names of a few of the episodes this season, unlike previous seasons. Now they're mostly  just numbers to me, which says volumes about the quality of the season so far.

Ha, I get what you mean (I honestly think some of the s4 and s5 titles have been pretty boring in comparison to some of s2 and s3), but it's hard for me to completely agree since I frequently forget the titles of episodes that I actually loved: 121-123, 309, 320, 406, 411. I think it's just overall easier for me to refer to their numbers and it's just taken over.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

It's been said that the studio doesn't really care about broadcast ratings because of their Netflix/streaming deals and I think they've said this season was meant to be binge watched

It's true ratings mean jack, and it's assumed the Netflix deal is what drives WBTV revenue these days, but nobody involved in the show has said this season was meant to be binged. Fans have been making  that assumption because it looks like they are writing as if the show is supposed to be binged. I was talking about this last season, even.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As a plot device, to "walk in each other's shoes" escapes me with this pair.  It's not like they couldn't communicate, except when they couldn't communicate For Plot. The rest of the time, they were a well-adjusted, empathic couple.

Right now, it sees like Helix wants something from  Felicity.  Hacking the drone was just a test of whether she would do what they want her to, or a way to get her set on the slippery slope.

If Helix does suddenly disappear and the building is cleared out, they will be connected to next years' Big Bad.  Not the Big Bad itself because that needs to be about Oliver but connected to it.

But my real preference is to have Felicity know it's a bad organization and somehow work with it to get what she wants but not be pulled into it and maybe bring it down in the end.

While I certainly didn't root for Felicity/Billy and had a hard time understanding why she would jump into a not-real relationship so quickly (maybe 5x20 will tell us), at least I got why she picked Billy.  He was good guy, even is he only was a 'B' to Oliver's 'A'.  But the relationship with Susan did so much damage to Oliver as the hero of the show, that I wonder if they're regretting how they wrote it now.

Although if she was willing to sacrifice herself on the nuke in Bratva*, then she would be willing to sacrifice her chip here.

I really don't like this 'walk in each other's shoes' idea. Plenty of people with different life experiences manage to have functioning and happy relationships every damn day. It's called empathy, and most people have it. 

I can see why there was no flashing neon sign telling Felicity not to date Billy(other than the fact that she had recently experienced a great deal of trauma and heartbreak and probably should not have been dating anyone.), but I don't get why she dated him. Yeah, he was a good guy, but there was nothing there. 

• Love 4

They need to tell us why Felicity started dating Billy in the 5x20 episodes, especially since she had been sleeping with Oliver since their break-up.

There wasn't great passion there but there was a guy who cared about her and comforted her and gave her back massages when she'd had a tough day without her even asking.  In other words, a whole more than what Oliver had with Susan.

Sorry the quote was too big so I just copied:

A young girl asks if Felicity and Oliver will be together. @StephenAmell says it's not up to him. "They have really cool stuff coming up."

9:31 AM - 19 Mar 2017

Does this mean they don't get back together this season? Because he'd have all the scripts by now right and know if they were back together?

He would know because he's the star but I thought they only got the scripts one episode ahead of shooting so he would have 5x22 now.

He's really not going to tell at this point.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

He also wouldn't outright say "yes, of course they get back together, in 5xx." It's the similar shtick he and EBR played during the s3 PaleyFest when they were talking about how Oliver and Felicity couldn't be together currently because of circumstances even though they literally just filmed the sex scene. Even if they don't get together in s5, I wouldn't go by just this one answer.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Sorry the quote was too big so I just copied:

A young girl asks if Felicity and Oliver will be together. @StephenAmell says it's not up to him. "They have really cool stuff coming up."

9:31 AM - 19 Mar 2017

Does this mean they don't get back together this season? Because he'd have all the scripts by now right and know if they were back together?

All it means is that he's not allowed to spoil anything.  It doesn't really mean anything one way or the other.  We are hoping and assuming they will get back together this season but it's all spec.  IMO very reasonable spec based on how this show and how tv shows in general operate but there's nothing in stone yet.  So deep breaths and positive thoughts til we know more.   ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They need to tell us why Felicity started dating Billy in the 5x20 episodes, especially since she had been sleeping with Oliver since their break-up.

I figure we're gonna find out O/F had a one night stand during hiatus, not that they were sleeping together often.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I figure we're gonna find out O/F had a one night stand during hiatus, not that they were sleeping together often.

I imagine it was a one off as well. One that freaked Felicity out and pushed her towards SCPD's blandest.

Regarding spoilers from Rotten Tomatoes linked in Spoilers Only, can you imagine how freaked out SC denizens will be with no attack on the city in the spring? I imagine them all hunkered down in underground bunkers over the summer waiting for as yet unseen shitstorm to rain down on them.

“I’ll just say this: Star City is not in jeopardy,” she said on the red carpet. “As we’ve joked before, there’s always a terrorist attack on Star City in May. Not this time. Prometheus is a very personal villain, very psychological villain and the ending will be appropriate to that.”

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

One night stand that results in more miscommunication or another screw up that drives them further apart.

I'm thinking they have a moment, Oliver assumes everything is back to normal meanwhile Felicity is upset because nothing changes. Miscommunication and angst ensues which drives her to Billy. Meanwhile in present day we get a "post coital" chat scene (2 sex scenes, 1 filmed - flashback, 1 implied - present) , which is where they begin to move back together.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

One night stand that results in more miscommunication or another screw up that drives them further apart.

I'm thinking they have a moment, Oliver assumes everything is back to normal meanwhile Felicity is upset because nothing changes. Miscommunication and angst ensues which drives her to Billy. Meanwhile in present day we get a "post coital" chat scene (2 sex scenes, 1 filmed - flashback, 1 implied - present) , which is where they begin to move back together.

You really think we'll get a present day sex scene *looks hopeful and wants to believe you*

I keep thinking it's weird to have a post coital flashback but I suppose it's not impossible.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You really think we'll get a present day sex scene *looks hopeful and wants to believe you*

I keep thinking it's weird to have a post coital flashback but I suppose it's not impossible.

I think so, no idea if I'm right. We know the flashbacks are Olicity related so I think they will parallel the flaskback sex scene with a present day (implied, not shown) sex scene. One ends up driving another wedge in their relationship the other brings them back together.

6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I imagine it was a one off as well. One that freaked Felicity out and pushed her towards SCPD's blandest.

Regarding spoilers from Rotten Tomatoes linked in Spoilers Only, can you imagine how freaked out SC denizens will be with no attack on the city in the spring? I imagine them all hunkered down in underground bunkers over the summer waiting for as yet unseen shitstorm to rain down on them.

Makes sense, although MG said something similar in S3 and that wasn't exactly true.

I liked this piece of information.

Working with an ex is complicated, as exemplified by Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) Team Arrow conundrum. But just because she’s accepted the invitation to join Helix doesn’t mean there’s no hope for her to find a way back into the light.

“She got involved with Helix and she’s now in this really dark space,” Mericle said. “We’re going to see how she comes out on the other end of that. There’s always hope on Arrow. As dark as we get, ultimately I think there’s a lot of hope on the show.”

I think we'll get an answer for Helix this season, quitting, destroying Helix, taking it over, etc.

• Love 1

I get what they're trying to do with Felicity, and I'm really digging the whole Helix storyline, but every time they say she's in a "really dark place" I just wanna LOL forever.

This is still the most chillax and aloof downward spiral ever, especially considering we *have* seen Felicity in darker places -- mid S3 when Oliver "died", mid S4 with the paralysis, even her flashback story when Cooper died was more hardcore than this. But then these hacks are terrified of letting Felicity cry or have any sort of outburst, so we have cheerful descent into darkness via Peppy Hackers Incorporated. It's so funny.

• Love 20

So,  does this mean that Felicity will be out of her 'dark' place by 5x21? On the one hand I believe that storyline will end this season on the other hand I believe there will be repercussions.

9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So,  does this mean that Felicity will be out of her 'dark' place by 5x21? On the one hand I believe that storyline will end this season on the other hand I believe there will be repercussions.

I think 520 is the turning point, I suspect that the Helix story will continue through 523.

17 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Are they gonna take the final battle to Lian Yu? 

That's an interesting idea, it would be really different then past seasons. Leaving Oliver to deal with Prometheus (and Talia?) alone.  Meanwhile, Felicity can wrap up her Helix Storyline. Not sure where that leaves the rest of the group though.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's an interesting idea, it would be really different then past seasons. Leaving Oliver to deal with Prometheus (and Talia?) alone.  Meanwhile, Felicity can wrap up her Helix Storyline. Not sure where that leaves the rest of the group though.

I was thinking OTA is on Lian Yu while noobs stay in SC. I am not sure how they gonna resolve the GA killed Billy Malone storyline without Oliver being outed.  And probably wishful thinking because i am bored by Oliver is the mayor SL. 

Edited by Velocity23

Folks upthread have speculated that Snoozan might do a report basically blaming everything on the Throwing Star Killer and absolving GA. Might be something like that. That everything was a massive lie to capture TSK (I don't think the general Star City public knows him as Prometheus, right?). Of course, at that point, I don't think anybody should believe Oliver since he'd have lied so much already ("dying" on them even).

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Folks upthread have speculated that Snoozan might do a report basically blaming everything on the Throwing Star Killer and absolving GA. Might be something like that. That everything was a massive lie to capture TSK (I don't think the general Star City public knows him as Prometheus, right?). Of course, at that point, I don't think anybody should believe Oliver since he'd have lied so much already ("dying" on them even).

Could be. Depends if CP is filming the episodes. 

20 hours ago, leopardprint said:

It's been said that the studio doesn't really care about broadcast ratings because of their Netflix/streaming deals and I think they've said this season was meant to be binge watched. So I guess they've been trying and failing to replicate the Marvel Netflix approach which of course works for 8 or 10 or 13 episodes not 23. (This might be better in the ratings thread?)

The studio may not care, but it's clear that the EPs care - otherwise, MG wouldn't have made that snarky, asshole comment about ratings at PaleyFest.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

The studio may not care, but it's clear that the EPs care - otherwise, MG wouldn't have made that snarky, asshole comment about ratings at PaleyFest.

It really was an asshole comment. Whose fault do you think that is MG? The actors aren't writing the scripts. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 4