Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I kind of like Jason Todd/Red Hood as Roy's old Comic book fried....I know comic readers hate him but I think it could work.

Only if Jensen Ackles reprises the role so that will probably have to wait until s4 :)

My point is that Ackles voiced Jason Todd already and did a superb job.  I don't think SPN will go more than 11 seasons. 

yeah he did do a great job I actually really like the red hood character. Under the red hood is one of my favourite Batman Animated films. I don't know if they would be allowed to use him on arrow though because of Batman. Also if they did I would predict they would make him more Roy/Thea's age. 

Brother Blood is a great villain that I feel the EP's really wanted to have but they didn't do such a great job with him.

IKR.It would have been perfect. Former friend of Oliver's connected to the Glades. Then his interaction with Laurel and now chief Lance. It would have been great. He has Oliver's secret has leverage. It would have been a great story. And I liked the actor.

I'm not a comic book person, so I'm kinda baffled as to why they can't write these villain stories.  I thought this was their area of expertise.

I'm guessing Laurel's investigating the case of some inner city kid and that brings her to Wildcat's gym. Although D.A.'s mostly deal with high profile criminal cases so that wouldn't make much sense. But then again despite having a former lawyer on the production team they always get anything involving lawyers wrong. So their thought process as it usually is with Laurel, is probably what is the dumbest, most unrealistic way we can get Laurel to meet her love interest/BC maker and go with that. 

• Love 3

That's her love interest?  I looked at it and thought it was Paul Blackthorne.  (The wearing of the badge threw me because why would she be wearing a badge other than at the police station?)

No, that's not her love interest. Not sure who he is.

She could have her badge out if she's there on official business. Maybe this Ted Grant is into some kind of legal mess (or one of the kids he mentors is).

It still makes me cackle that she's DA, I mean...really. The electorate/government in Starling City must be chock full of morons - she was co-counsel on (and LOST) the biggest case ever. Gah.

Edited by apinknightmare

When was it confirmed that she's DA (taking over Kate Spencer's job)? I've only ever seen the producers say she's in the DAs office (AKA prosecutor).

I thought one of the EPs mentioned it during the CC interviews with regards to her part on Team Arrow and the whole "business partners"/you book 'em, I'll cook 'em scenario.

ETA:

Marc Guggenheim: In many ways the season begins in a completely opposite place from where Season 2 began. In Season 2, Oliver was sort of in self-imposed exile, he was mourning the loss of Tommy, things were awkward with Laurel. He wasn't even in Starling City. Season 2 sort of started out with a "Blah, everything sucks" note.

Season 3 is the exact opposite. We come in and everything's coming up Arrow! The team is clicking like you wouldn't believe. Things are great. He's got a relationship cooking with Laurel where it's like "You catch 'em, I cook 'em." Because she's a DA, he's setting them up and she's knocking them down. It's a great deal of fun to see them have this completely new relationship. And in the city, crime is down. The city is finally not falling apart.

Edited by apinknightmare

They said in S1 that Deadshot operated in Corto Maltese, or had connections there. I think it was in episode 3.

Laurel being DA is utterly ridiculous. But then everything lawyer related on this show is completely ridiculous, so I guess she might as well be DA. I'd guess one of the kids Grant mentors is in trouble, but the badge is still kind of weird. I don't think I've ever seen a DA wear one on TV before.

• Love 2

I don't like how Laurel is automatically DA now. She should earn that and personally I don't think she did. All these little things are not endearing her to me and I'd like to actually like her this season.

I'm really excited about episode 3 and maybe some developments on H.I.V.E and finding out why Digg's brother was a target. I'm guessing Team Arrow take another trip!

• Love 1

Everything the show has done with Laurel storyline borders on ridiculous, be it her work at CNRI, at DA's office, her weird association and suspicion of Sebastian Blood or her alcoholism. I now do not expect anything even remotely sane or logical from anything associated with Laurel Lance.

For me, Laurel scenes serve the purpose of going to fridge to get some snacks or for bathroom breaks during the show. If I am watching a DVRed episode, I most likely fast forward her scenes.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 1

For me, Laurel scenes serve the purpose of going to fridge to get some snacks or for bathroom breaks during the show. If I am watching a DVRed episode, I most likely fast forward her scenes.

I guess I'm going to have to do that again too, the last time I fast forwarded scenes was for Lana in Smallville. It did help me enjoy the show more. Maybe I can watch this season if I watch it that way. Even if she has a scene with Oliver, because if it was actually relevant to the plot he'd repeat to someone else. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
(edited)
That doesn't say she's taking over Kate Spencer's job it says she's a DA which is what she was last season too.

Things are great. He's got a relationship cooking with Laurel where it's like "You catch 'em, I cook 'em." Because she's a DA, he's setting them up and she's knocking them down.

Unless I missed something in that interview? Edited by Morrigan2575

That doesn't say she's taking over Kate Spencer's job it says she's a DA which is what she was last season too.

Unless I missed something in that interview?

Last year she was an Assistant District Attorney, this sounds like she is the District Attorney. I think that's why she's wearing that badge around her neck in that picture.

(edited)

I just went and looked at the TV Line article from S2, they never gave her title just that she's in the DAs office. However, they did give Donner a title (ADA) so it's possible that Laurel has Kate Spencer's job (which is totally stupid) or it's possible that MG just meant she's in the DAs office still.

Will have to wait and see on that one. It seems odd that they'd talk about Quentin being promoted to Captain but not mention Laurel getting promoted/elected/appointed District Attorney.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think DA can be either an elected or appointed position. I'm assuming it's elected in Starling City since these are the voters that were probably going to vote Moira in as mayor. Electing Laurel Lance, someone with no real prosecuting experience, as DA sounds about right lol. Unless they're going to change Laurel's comic book identity (doubtful at this point) it looks like they're combining Manhunter and Black Canary on this show. I do wonder why they decided DA was so much better than CNRI, though - they haven't done anything useful with Laurel as a prosecutor. If they always intended her to be DA, she probably would have started out in the DA's office back in S1, so I guess for some reason they just changed course.

Maybe she's an ADA and ADAs in Starling City also carry badges? It would still be silly given her lack of experience, but ADA is better than DA I guess.

Edited by poetgirl925

I just went and looked at the TV Line article from S2, they never gave her title just that she's in the DAs office. However, they did give Donner a title (ADA) so it's possible that Laurel has Kate Spencer's job (which is totally stupid) or it's possible that MG just meant she's in the DAs office still.

Will have to wait and see on that one. It seems odd that they'd talk about Quentin being promoted to Captain but not mention Laurel getting promoted/elected/appointed District Attorney.

I think it's likely that she's DA since MG said, "now that she's a DA." Since she was an Assistant DA last season, the "now that" implies a change of status, but I guess we'll see.

I'd prefer if she wasn't though, because, well, I was going to say it's utterly ridiculous that she'd be DA, but a lot of this show is utterly ridiculous in both good and bad ways, so...yeah. Kate Spencer died for a reason.

KATE SPENCER DIED SO THAT DA LAUREL LANCE COULD LIVE!!!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Laurel being the DA would fit since she's always seems to get handed things without having any experience. Like being asked to be second chair with the ADA on the biggest criminal case Starling City has ever had after just staring that job. 

• Love 8

The last DA was murdered, and two mayors were murdered, right? The city has been the target of two terrorist attacks. It's actually plausible that no one wanted the job except Laurel, and Laurel's sense of self-preservation isn't exactly the best.

• Love 3

All of this implausible lawyery stuff has me wishing they'd just let Laurel start running a CNRI type organization again. That was when she was at her most competent and it would make a great cover/resource for Team Arrow, since we've been told she's getting more involved with the vigilante side of justice this season. There will have to be a good reason why she'd ever give up as much power and potential to do good in Starling as a DA position would provide her in exchange for punching people in dark alleys. I can't wrap my head around it yet.

• Love 1

Sometimes I wonder if they're even that serious about Laurel anymore. If her identity crisis is actually "Am I my sister?" and her whole motivation just ends up being "Because Sara did it" then I'm going to assume that the writers just said screw it - we're doing it whether people like it or not and this is easier to write. Or maybe they're hoping introducing Ted Grant and having him train Laurel will make everyone forget motivation? Who really knows. When it comes to Laurel very little makes sense anyway.

Lol at the pic of Willa - her "island" might be an actual island. :)

Edited by poetgirl925

Given the season finale, everyone else could have been scared or killed off by the Strokes. Laurel could be the only person left in the DA's office with any seniority at all and be appointed to some position, even if just temporarily, by virtue of being the only person around able and willing to do the job.

Given the season finale, everyone else could have been scared or killed off by the Strokes. Laurel could be the only person left in the DA's office with any seniority at all and be appointed to some position, even if just temporarily, by virtue of being the only person around able and willing to do the job.

They must've literally killed everyone though, because she hadn't even been there a year, haha. I'm not too worried about it - I figured she'd be DA ever since KS bit it. 

• Love 1

Eh. I know her being DA is ridiculous, but I'm pretty much expecting it at this point. After the utter absurdity that had her being allowed anywhere near the Queen trial, I guess I'm numb to it. (No seriously, not only was she connected to the Queens, she was connected to the Merlyns through Tommy. What. Were. They. Thinking.). But yeah, like apinknightmare said, I've been pretty much expecting it since Kate Spencer was killed.

Poetgirl925 has an interesting point about the possibility of them combining Black Canary and Manhunter. Ha. What would that make her, the Red Canary? Lol.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Sometimes I wonder if they're even that serious about Laurel anymore. If her identity crisis is actually "Am I my sister?" and her whole motivation just ends up being "Because Sara did it" then I'm going to assume that the writers just said screw it - we're doing it whether people like it or not and this is easier to write.

I most certainly hope they are not serious about her character any more and are actually planning to write her off this season because frankly, she does nothing but irritate the hell out of me in most scenes. And if online fandom is to be believed, most people feel exactly the same way.

Poetgirl925 has an interesting point about the possibility of them combining Black Canary and Manhunter. Ha. What would that make her, the Red Canary? Lol.

That would make her either 'mad canary' or 'black hunter' but I am still quite partial to blackmail canary.

• Love 1

Eh. I know her being DA is ridiculous, but I'm pretty much expecting it at this point. After the utter absurdity that had her being allowed anywhere near the Queen trial, I guess I'm numb to it. (No seriously, not only was she connected to the Queens, she was connected to the Merlyns through Tommy. What. Were. They. Thinking.). But yeah, like apinknightmare said, I've been pretty much expecting it since Kate Spencer was killed.

Canary Hunter?

Ahaha good one. ;)

In seriousness, I wasn't trying to mock poetgirl925's point. It will be interesting to see if they do actually borrow part of the Manhunter story as part of Laurel's journey to BC.

Edited by Starfish35