Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

At least the Laurel fans get the Laurel gifs. I'm all alone on Palmer Island. No one is going to gif anything for me *wails*

No one is going to even talk about the Ray/Felicity scenes if there are any *wails*

They looked cute together in the pics we saw. There, I did my best, LOL!

• Love 3
Just now, Chaser said:

20 says Oliver meets Felicity at the party and flashes to their meet cute.

Best thing about the mannequin challenge is no Evelyn or WD. 

My ideal meet for Oliver and Felicity is they bump into each other Felicity is going to introduce herself with "Hi my name is-" then we get the flashes and Oliver snaps out of it with "Felicity". Cheesy I know but come on Fan Service me writers haha.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

How close Laurel and Sara were. HAHAHAHA. I know they kept telling me that but I rarely saw any of it on screen. Hugging each other doesn't show sisterly closeness. I got more sisterly bonding between Sin and Sara. Then the only memorable scenes between them for me were Laurel throwing an exploding glass at Sara's head and blaming her for stealing her life and Laurel smiling like a loon upon receiving Sara's jacket as she left to go back to people she almost killed herself to get away from. Both of those not really showing me a sisterly bond. 

Well in the fake alien dream world,  Sara can live out her fantasy that they actually were close, lol.  

5 hours ago, tarotx said:

I think that re-asking of marriage and showing ring to say already your spouse/fiance gag isn't something new to Olicity. I did know it was an Olicity thing though and when I watched the clip I went >.< But then again people weren't amused when LOT had Sara say,  "League of Assassins class of 09" so I knew placing an Olicity moment on Laureliver would not go well...

Personally, I was amused since my head canon is that Sara got the line/gag from Felicity since she was there when that's how Felicity introduced herself to Nyssa.  She'd remember.  :D  I pretty much feel the same for the recycled dialogue.  If they'd just done the line but not the hand gesture, I might think it an accident but the hand gesture seems really deliberate.  Maybe we'll get a flashback, maybe not (there wouldn't be time for too many) but the show does sometimes do subtle and there just seems like no way that the 100th episode wasn't gone over with a fine tooth comb.  So it has to be deliberate and while I would hate if this was anything real, in the dream world fantasy, it makes perfect sense to me.  And to me, gives credit where credit is due.  

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's a little too subtle for me.  Having O/L repeat O/F dialogue will just prove that Felicity stole Laurel's role from her.  And it's the Olicity shippers fault, going by the tweets to MG.

I sincerely don't get that vibe.  O/L repeating O/F dialogue in real life would be a slap in the face, in a mind controlled dream prison, it's a blatant reminder to the audience at least that none of this is real and a reminder of what is real to Oliver. (Even if it only is coming out of his subconscious)   Laurel getting recycled Olicity romance doesn't prop Oliver/Laurel, it props Olicity.    

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I've never seen a canary that looked like that.

Looks more like the hawk symbol, lol.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

It looks like a raven to me. Or a hawk.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

If that is how they appease fans then they failed miserably. It didn't make any LL/BC/CB fans happym

Of course they failed.  Guggie has no idea how TV relationships work or what fans (other than action fans) really want.

ETA: Not only is Curtis taking Felicity's role, they stole the "I believe I already answered that" straight without a flash to Felicity.  I hate this already. LOL at Sara getting a clue long before Oliver does.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/30/arrow-artemis-evelyn-betrayal-mole

EW can reveal that Evelyn has not been working with Prometheus all along. In a recent episode, the new Team Arrow discovered the truth about Oliver’s original kill list, and Evelyn felt that Oliver was a hypocrite since he was previously on a mission of revenge, yet prevented her from taking vengeance on her parents’ killer. “Rewatch episode 506,” Guggenheim tells EW of Evelyn’s double cross. “If you view the end of 506 and her final scenes with Oliver as, ‘Oh, she’s lying,’ I think you see when she decided to team up with Prometheus. Basically in the commercial break between Act 5 and Act 6 [of that episode], that’s when she made the decision to join up with Prometheus. So while people were watching car commercials, that’s what she was doing.”

LOL this makes no sense. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

Sounds to me like they realized Artemis wasn't working and decided to give her an early exit, tacking on the betrayal scene later. Ugh, there really is something wrong with the story telling when Guggs has to tell the audience when exactly something happened because they didn't show any of it onscreen.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Ugh, there really is something wrong with the story telling when Guggs has to tell the audience when exactly something happened because they didn't show any of it onscreen.

Especially when it doesn't make any kind of sense. Oliver's a hypocrite because at one point he was on a mission to kill people but he stopped her after he realized that was wrong and stopped her from doing something he thought she'd regret, so...she teams up with another murderer and puts all the people who were nice to her in danger. 

• Love 12

It doesn't make sense if the "magic" comment isn't related to Olicity, unless they're deciding to forget about the magic in season 4, which, given some of what they've done, wouldn't be surprising... 

I really hope it's not just their first meeting again or Oliver stalking her. It would be nice if it had to do with the 3x14 flashback in some way - I still want to see him telling her that he saw her back then.

6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm hoping there's something more then just re showing their first meet.

I don't think it's just them replaying their first meeting. I'm assuming they filmed a new scene of some sort. 

Only other possibility is that they filmed another scene set in S1 with Felicty and a Red Pen. However, given the importance drawn to that Red Pen in 301, I think a 103 add on scene is more likely.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Maybe they're giving WD more leeway because they have big plans for him? I don't know. Who's a bigger name in the comics world between the 2?

I don't think I'd ever heard of Wild Dog before they announced him for Arrow but I was very familiar with Artemis but that was the version on Young Justice.  Eveylyn Sharp/Starling not so much. 

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Did we see Felicity holding the pen at the end of their 103 scene? Maybe Oliver filched it.

That would be kind of awesome and weird and creepy all in one.  Especially if he kept it as a momento.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4

Aaaaannnndd I'm back to tentative viewing. That promo didn't provide me with any motivation to watch. MM trying to look...badass? Devious? Mad? Whatever she was going for there wasn't working for me. Because I am a thousand times a fool, for some reason I think the show might become more watchable for me when it returns in January, but I didn't see anything in that promo that made me want to tune in next week.

3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Ooops. Maybe an extra month will help them get it right? :p

They'll have to start spoiling and teasing the heck out of 5B if they want people to come back after 2 months to see them get it right :P

I would love it if 509 to give me something to look forward to in 5B, but I don't expect it. I definitely need it to avoid giving me reasons to NOT come back for 510, if that makes any sense.

• Love 9

Is that promo made by someone who cuts the promos or a clip from the actual show?

Cuz the reporter???? Seriously?

I'm ok with whatever Lauriver scenes in the crossover because she was a huge part of Oliver’s past but seriously the ffing reporter??????

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is that promo made by someone who cuts the promos or a clip from the actual show?

Cuz the reporter???? Seriously?

I'm ok with whatever Lauriver scenes in the crossover because she was a huge part of Oliver’s past but seriously the ffing reporter??????

Honestly it makes me feel 100% more positive that 509 will be a relatively big Olicity episode :)

• Love 6

LMAO that promo. It doesn't even make sense because what idiot would ever believe the reporter is who Oliver loves the most? They went for drinks and she touched his hand. Haha. Hilarious.

Does Chico cut promos by any chance? Hehe.

BTW why is Lance's pic crossed out on that board?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, what was that promo? No, seriously. We're supposed to think that reporter could be someone Oliver loves? What was in those drinks? Well, if it gets Prometheus to kill her... Maybe he's going off Evelyn's intel, so he thinks reporter and Mayo actually matter to Oliver and Felicity? That's the purpose they serve: people to kill that don't actually matter? (And is Oliver once again going to take time off while someone's terrorizing the city to spend time with reporter?)

Did I see a shot of Prometheus behind Mayo in that promo too? 

• Love 2

Ah, remember when they did this same cut to Felicity during Slade's speech in 2x09 (in the actual show-can't remember if it was in the promo) and fandom debated it for eons? Bringing me back to better times show, thank you!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Emily posted a pic of Prometheus during 5x09 filming which looked like a kidnapping scene ... well it was in a warehouse anyway. Given Prometheus is a Oliver stalker wouldn't it be a fare all to say that it's Felicity who becomes target numero uno since if he really knows as much about Oliver as we suspect he likely knows about Olicity. Worse case scenario they might try and do a reverse 2x23 misdirect where we see   Oliver and Susan in some post coital situation and Oliver thinks Prometheus might target Susan but then wham they go after Felicity or even Thea.

I don't think will really try and sell Susan as Oliver great love. I think the promo is probably just misleading.

(edited)
4 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Honestly it makes me feel 100% more positive that 509 will be a relatively big Olicity episode :)

No, no no, not possible. Promos never lie, Oliver is totally in love with Susan! Just like Felicity had no role in 508 other than Ray's arm candy.  Olicity was totally trashed for Lauiver in 508 and, of course Oliver totally called Laurel Pretty Bird because all the show cares about "catering" to comic fans.

Of course Felicity won't even appear in 509 except for a brief scene declaring her undying love for Billy while telling Oliver he needs to go find his real soulmate, the next chick to done black leather and a blonde wig. ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 11

Yeah after 5x08 I don't see how 5x09 can be anything but hopeful for Olicity. Which is why I'm thinking its Felicity who is targeted which raises the stakes for their relationship. My only qualm being that it would beck retread of last season MSF but they retread all the time so. 

They might try and make the audience think it's Susan who will be target to create some suspense when it's Felicity.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That was in the show and cut by Tue director/editor with full knowledge of the EPs.

This is a promo cut by the CW.

I know that. I never indicated thinking this was an EP-driven editorial decision that would actually play out in the show, just stated that it reminded me of those times in fandom, that's all.

Edited by apinknightmare
34 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

They might try and make the audience think it's Susan who will be target to create some suspense when it's Felicity.

Ha, I kinda think it could be the opposite? They are all concerned about Thea and/or Felicity, and then, BAM, he kills Susan. To increase Oliver's guilt or whatever. Everyone near you is in danger, blah blah. (Not really serious about this).

OR, it's Diggle's turn to be the midseason cliffhanger, and he's the one being kidnapped/harmed/something nefarious.

Worst case scenario? Felicity's kidnapped while Oliver's off with Susan. Maybe that last scene with him is him returning to the bunker after being out with Susan and finding some message left for him by Prometheus (because Evelyn told him where the bunker is) that he has Felicity? 

Whatever happens, I really don't want to see Oliver or Felicity mourning for either temporary LI. 

41 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I know that. I never indicated thinking this was an EP-driven editorial decision that would actually play out in the show, just stated that it reminded me of those times in fandom, that's all.

I thought you were asking if it was a promo or in the episode. The rest of my statement was a general response to previous comments, not yours in particular