Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

An hour and a half to show time and other than a line of dialogue and a clip, no promotion has been released  No interview except with EK, no producer's preview.

Have they stopped trying?  It's a sweeps episode.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

I was especially struck by this part of SA's quote: "They kept people from the previous team and they were still integral to the story, but it really gave it an injection of new blood, because you never know when you're going to strike lightning in a bottle with a character and it's going to breathe new life into a show."

That implies that the show needs new life.  Is that what they think?  How about new writers instead?

And no, Stephen, the previous team was not at all integral to the show then.  Which is what you're doing with Diggle and Felicity, and one clip of them talking to Oliver isn't going to be enough.

• Love 3

You know what I realized has been bugging me about a new Canary? Yes, Laurel didn't want to be the last one, but I can't help but feel like maybe they should check in with Sara about how she feels about it, considering she was the first Canary. It's one thing to have her sister take over, but some random person? Seems wrong to me. Maybe that's just me.

I wonder if it'll come up in the crossover, if they'll have Oliver pull Sara aside and tell her her sister's last words and Sara tell him it's a good idea, to honor Laurel's wish. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Are you sure?

Yeah, there are pictures of her on set in both episodes. I have not seen anything of her on set since 509 so she could be the Big Prometheus death (assuming there is one) in 509 or she decided to leave town.

I think there's a big death or severe injury/death fakeout in every episode 9 (Oliver, Shado, Oliver, Felicity, ??) So you never know.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, there are pictures of her on set in both episodes. I have not seen anything of her on set since 509 so she could be the Big Prometheus death (assuming there is one) in 509 or she decided to leave town.

I think there's a big death or severe injury/death fakeout in every episode 9 (Oliver, Shado, Oliver, Felicity, ??) So you never know.

Cool, thanks.

I hope she makes it.

There is at least one shot in the promo that mentions a new vigilante that is also in the 5.07 promo. Susan's voiceover is probably from it too.  Now I am wondering if there is a hookup with the reporter or if she ends up in Prometheus crosshairs by following Oliver trying to figure out what he's up to. If it's the latter my worst case scenario would be a retread of Felicity & the Count from 2.07. 

The actress is back in Toronto filming Suits, 509 is probably her last episode and she's not even in 508.  I don't think it's a big deal if they hook up in 507 and then she's gone in 509.  I can understand being annoyed by the storyline in that it's so repetitive but, I don't get the worrying that Olicity is OMG Dead! (general observation)

After last night's episode, IMO Malone is either dead or evil or both, probably very soon.  Both temp LI are probably gone by 509/510, which IF true supports my (long standing) theory that they're doing a reverse of every other season.  Where the Temp LIs are at the start of the season and the reunion is around Feb Sweeps.  Normally the break is during Feb Sweeps and one move gets with a temp LI (Laurel/Tommy S1, Oliver/Sara S2, Felicity/Ray S3).

• Love 6

If Pike is Prometheus, it makes sense if he's trying to frame Lance.

And also if Pike is Prometheus -- since Mayo was first introduced as Pike's trusted cop, Mayo being a butt monkey is not that far off. OR they can go the more cliché route of him regretting being a butt monkey because of Felicity, and then he's the human sacrifice in 509.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, tv echo said:

I was especially struck by this part of SA's quote: "They kept people from the previous team and they were still integral to the story, but it really gave it an injection of new blood, because you never know when you're going to strike lightning in a bottle with a character and it's going to breathe new life into a show."

Ever since they inadvertently struck lightning in a bottle with EBR's Felicity in S1, they've been trying to do it again and again.  I think they did it with CL's Sara/Canary in S2. The EPs believe they did it with EK's Curtis in S4. This season, I see them intentionally trying to strike lightning in a bottle with RG's Wild Dog - and most likely with the Tina character in 511 if she becomes NuCanary.

But here's the thing... lightning strikes unexpectedly, it can't be forced.

I agree with this. They got really lucky with EBR, and then they got lucky again with CL. But it's definitely tough to replicate that. I do think they are trying really hard with Wild Dog, because all of the spoilers for the recruits are for him, or assumed to be for him. Personally, I think they struck gold this third time with JD's Ragman, because Rory has such an easy chemistry with EBR and SA. But it looks like Rory won't even be around for 5B; at least, I haven't heard any spoilers about him, nor have I heard about him being spotted on set. I haven't seen last night's episode, but it sounds like Evelyn could leave too. It's a shame, because they did nothing with Evelyn; if I didn't watch her Baby Canary episode last season, I'd know nothing about her or where she came from. As for NuCanary, she better be written better than I'm fearing. 

This season does have more of a revolving door of (potential) love interests, though. I don't know how I feel about it. I think they're trying to introduce too many character in a season that should have gone back to basics. I will always complain about too many masks on the field, and now I guess I'm going to complain about new characters coming and going. Having short, 5-7 arcs is fine. Having new characters in each of these arcs is not. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

If Pike is Prometheus, it makes sense if he's trying to frame Lance.

And also if Pike is Prometheus -- since Mayo was first introduced as Pike's trusted cop, Mayo being a butt monkey is not that far off. OR they can go the more cliché route of him regretting being a butt monkey because of Felicity, and then he's the human sacrifice in 509.

I kind of like the idea of Pike being Prometheus 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

This season does have more of a revolving door of (potential) love interests, though. I don't know how I feel about it. 

I feel like maybe they're hoping that one of these LIs gives them what they got from SA/EBR, which they should realize isn't going to happen. They'll just keep failing, then put Oliver and Felicity back together at the end of the season, and then between the time that has passed since the break-up and the time that will pass between seasons, they can avoid having to write any necessary conversations about the issues during their first time together. 

36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I like this idea because he is someone most viewers would recognize right away and has been tied into the story throughout the seasons so the reveal might be shocking. Having to create a backstory for another character to tie to Oliver wouldn't have the same impact.  I guess I prefer good guy gone bad to bad guy seeking vengeance. It would also explain the setup or whatever of Lance especially after the BC reveal. He holds him responsible too. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

So this may be an unpopular opinion... But I disagree on Sara. I liked her in season 2, I was upset she was killed but Sara worked for me in small doses. She also came during a time where there were no women on the field and balanced that a bit. I don't think Sara took off quite like Felicity, I don't know if anyone has (I think Cisco may be the closest). That said, when I started Legends, I did so for Sara but she's also one of the reasons I stopped. I found that the character worked for me on a guest level but too much of her annoyed me. 

With what I have seen of the newbies, I don't think any are in danger of becoming fan favorites tbh. I find all except Rory annoying and from what I see online it seems like a lot of people (myself included) can't stand Wild dog. I think Arrow needs to pull back on so many new characters and develop the ones people care about. I see a lot of people and not just O/F fans are already against NuCanary, so these writers have an uphill battle no matter what.

I think this show needs to find a balance between the established characters and the new ones, which they're failing to do. We barely see Thea & lance as it is, Felicity has no story, & Diggle is at a stand still. They continue to bite off more than they're capable of chewing.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 13

OH THAT GUY!  Oh my gosh boy do I feel really stupid now.  For some reason,  I never really knew his last name. It was always just Lieutenant Frank...kind of like Quentin was just "Detective Lance"  LOL. 

Oh lordy.  all the self facepalms for me.

/smdh

Edited by catrox14
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

We found out in 501 that Lt. Frank Pike (played by Adrian Holmes) is now Captain of the SCPD.

Pike has no real motive to set up Quentin. He's already the Captain. He's never come across as being crazy or that he had it in for Quentin so much that he would set him up as a serial killer. Plus Pike is kind of a smaller guy and Prometheus looks to be similar in size as Oliver. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't even know if I like it or not, but it kinda makes sense? He's been around since S1, he's been an antagonist to Lance and Oliver all along, and he showed up in 501 and didn't do anything except go to the crime scene with Mayo, then he disappeared from the story.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I don't even know if I like it or not, but it kinda makes sense? He's been around since S1, he's been an antagonist to Lance and Oliver all along, and he showed up in 501 and didn't do anything except go to the crime scene with Mayo, then he disappeared from the story.

It does make sense.  I like it because it's a reasonable twist.  It's someone that's been around since S1, has had enough screen-time and story to make him recognizable to the audience.  It's much better, than introducing a brand new character that no one has ever heard of but, that's "been" around forever  or going for some crazy twist like Tommy (which requires way too big of a suspension of disbelief, IMO)

• Love 1

There's also the fact that we first see Mayo with Pike in the premiere talking about Lance being back in town and then in episode 6, Mayo mentions going to Pike's office (right?) and the episode ends with it looking like someone's setting up Lance. But maybe we're just supposed to think that those two could be working together against Lance? Maybe I'm reading too much into it? 

I take it no one knows how many episodes Pike is supposed to be in this season, right? 

I don't think anyone bothers to track Pike because to now he's always been "oh, that guy!"

Can we track him through credits?  I would think they're mostly using a stunt man but I guess there's the possibility that they used a real actor in at least 505 and 506?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Can we track him through credits?  I would think they're mostly using a stunt man but I guess there's the possibility that they used a real actor in at least 505 and 506?

IMDb only lists Adrian Holmes in 501 this season. They don't seem to be crediting anyone as Prometheus in the end credits of the episodes. I checked for 501 and 505, they list stuff like "thug #1" and "masked guy" and "Scimitar", but not Prometheus.

We're still missing whatever made it super personal re: Oliver back in S1 to turn Pike into an evil mirror of Oliver in S5, but I figure that's what the flashbacks to S1 in 509 are gonna be for.

Well, even if it's not Pike, that's what the flashbacks are gonna show, imo.

ETA: IF Quentin is Prometheus that is ONE HELL of a metaphor for Quentin's alcoholism and the death, rebirth and death cycles of Sara and Laurel given mythological Prometheus' eternal torment of being chained to a rock, having his liver eaten by birds and being resurrected. 

• Love 3
Just now, catrox14 said:

ETA: IF Quentin is Prometheus that is ONE HELL of a metaphor for Quentin's alcoholism and the death, rebirth and death cycles of Sara and Laurel given mythological Prometheus' eternal torment of being chained to a rock, having his liver eaten by birds and being resurrected. 

Does that mean Quentin is sleeping with Artemis? :p 

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

We're still missing whatever made it super personal re: Oliver back in S1 to turn Pike into an evil mirror of Oliver in S5, but I figure that's what the flashbacks to S1 in 509 are gonna be for.

Well, even if it's not Pike, that's what the flashbacks are gonna show, imo.

Considering they had SA put the S1 suit back on and are filming new scenes from that time, I can't help but wonder if Prometheus is someone we didn't see in S1 (similar to how they showed Oliver stopped and saved Cupid in 307 during 223?) so not necessarily Pike? Pike could be working for Prometheus (maybe a few people from SCPD are?) and Prometheus is just using cops for his benefit? Hence the corrupt cops part of 501, the episode that introduced Mayo and brought back Pike? (I could be stretching.) 

Edited by insomniadreams88
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

We're still missing whatever made it super personal re: Oliver back in S1 to turn Pike into an evil mirror of Oliver in S5, but I figure that's what the flashbacks to S1 in 509 are gonna be for

That's the problem I have with it being Frank is it would be a rather contrived reason. IIRC Frank was more of an ally for the Arrow whereas Quentin was determined to take down the Arrow. So why would Pike be after Oliver now? Like I said before, he is the Captain now, so why would he want to set up Quentin. 

I can see it being Mayo more so than Frank. Frank would be the conduit between Mayo and s1. And I personally would not find that satisfying at all. It being Frank would be more satisfying but like I said before, he has no real motive, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Does that mean Quentin is sleeping with Artemis? :p 

HA! Well I didn't say it was a PERFECT metaphor . 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like maybe they're hoping that one of these LIs gives them what they got from SA/EBR, which they should realize isn't going to happen. They'll just keep failing, then put Oliver and Felicity back together at the end of the season, and then between the time that has passed since the break-up and the time that will pass between seasons, they can avoid having to write any necessary conversations about the issues during their first time together. 

I..don't think that's what's happening, at all? I believe they are just using  temp LIs because they need to cockblock the main pairing. No hidden motives, no hopes of changing the main LI.

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Can somebody help me out if Oliver had that suit before he return to Starling City?

Yes, he did. It was showed in the pilot and he had it already.

• Love 3

Hm, did SA gave us a actual spoiler about episode Vigilante back then in September, but we of course didn't realize the context? Shoot date=Sex&City. So confirmation about Oliporter upcoming scene?Heads up. Prepare yourself. Or don't.

SC01.jpg

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Her alien dream world hand fashion is as terrible as her real world hand fashion was. Who wears 10 rings on every finger on their wedding day? LOL

I was thinking the same thing. Plus, why don't either of them look happy? Could Sara be telling her, "hey, by the way, this isn't real"? 

• Love 1