Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Another Spoiler that we have missed is that Lance is a Captain!! And the new villain must be The Count. In the cast name we don't have Caity Lotz. So she is not a series regular in the third season, most probably a recurring guest star which can only mean Laurel as the Black Canary. Oh God.

• Love 2

So she is not a series regular in the third season, most probably a recurring guest star which can only mean Laurel as the Black Canary. Oh God.

Again, this is assuming a lot of stuff. Please, relax. There is no "can only mean" at this stage. They JUST started filming, okay?

Another Spoiler that we have missed is that Lance is a Captain!!

They just spoiled the two biggest "cliffhangers" from last season in their synopsis, so now I'm going to spend the next three months wondering what level of trickery is afoot.

• Love 3

Well, the CW Promo monkeys know how to get a reaction, that's for sure. I'm cautiously optimistic, though already irritated that the Olicity stall will probably involve manpain of some sort. If the CW continues at this rate, we'll have the entire script by Sept 1st. How did they keep Tommy's death a secret again?

• Love 1

Pffft what if she turns him down? "Oh. Oh, okay. No, that's fine. There's uh, there's a new villain in town anyway and I should focus. His name? Uh, uh, Count Vertigo. I mean. Um. Shit, there must be another one, I guess. Yeah. Crazy, huh? A second Count Vertigo. Bye."

If it is real I personally don't mind being spoiled because it's all about the journey for me. I don't give a chap about all the will they won't they/ twists so long as it's well written. I'm taking this as a positive note and an end to laurel/oliver. Also the fact that laurel isn't even mentioned doesn't really mean that her role is a surprise because no one will be surprised if she does become BC. I mean that was the plan all along. But the fact that she wasn't mentioned is not a good thing. Everyone knows that laurel is a divisive character and they know they should be careful about releasingthe info regarding her character. I hope this is a move to slowly let go of laurel from the series

I apologise for all the spelling mistakes. I'm on my phone and auto correct is a bitch

(edited)

Another Spoiler that we have missed is that Lance is a Captain!! 

I saw that Too!!! I have been wondering since the season ended whether or not we'll see him get promoted, cause i though, didn't they kill the captain at the finale?

so yea, at this rate Lance is on the way to becoming commissioner. now we just need an arrow signal thingy to place at the top of police headquarter :-P (too batman? yea i guess you're right).

How did they keep Malcolm's return a secret!? They are lying liars that lie! Believe everything is true and a lie.

they actually kind of didn't, it was well known (well i knew cause i sort of read interviews with Barrowman) that he was signed to do a couple of episodes in season 2. most people figured it will be a flashback of sorts. i had a hunch it will be more than that, Barrowman sounded too eager, okay more eager than usual the man has more energy than my cats at 4 am when they're hungry, for it to be a flashback.

Edited by foreverevolving

Ok, three things, in no particular order:

1. Smug feelings.

2. Why in the name of all that is holy and unholy in marketing would you PUT THAT IN YOUR PRESS RELEASE, CW?  

3. [redacted]

Hee.

Laurendrew, the gif is awesome :)

• Love 1
(edited)

If I am not mistaken, The vertigo will be the big bad for the first episode (According to the casting details). Has there been any info about the big bad for the season apart from the Ra's al Ghul rumors.???

It would be funny if Sara comes back as a villain, kills a few people, and captain Lance has to go after her when he had happily shipped her off to the League.

Edited by abhi
(edited)

Count me also in on Team Take It All With A Grain Of Salt re: the Olicity news. I think it would be so incredibly dumb of the network and the show to spoil something so major in a press release. So I'm guessing that either Oliver never actually goes through with asking Felicity out or right when he finally works up the nerve, Count Vertigo 2.0 comes crashing into the Arrow Lair and a large scale fight scene ensues. 

I just don't think the show will pull the trigger on making Oliver's feelings for Felicity known to her so early in the game. Also, so many of the CW press releases end up being nothing but overblown B.S. at the end of the day. 

Personally, I want the show to handle these two with extreme care by developing their friendship more, by developing Felicity more and by having Oliver become a more introspective human being. 

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 2

The thing that keeps me from taking it with a  grain of salt 100% is SA said Olicity would be resolved early on in the season.

Did he say that Olicity would be resolved early on in the season or did he say that we'll find out whether or not Oliver really meant the "I love you" from the season two finale early on in this season. Cause I'm a bit fuzzy on the details of what he actually said. 

Did he say that Olicity would be resolved early on in the season or did he say that we'll find out whether or not Oliver really meant the "I love you" from the season two finale early on in this season.

I remember it being that the question of his feelings would be made clear. 

I guess I'm not sure why salt, a grain or a whole bucket should be involved.  I think it's been pretty clear that the show was going to tease Olicity and then make it go away so they could bring in Ray as a possible love interest.  I guess the only real question is if Felicity ever gets to know that the date (assuming it happens) is a big deal to Oliver.  Otherwise this is kind of what I expected, olk, a little better than I expected but if its going to be swept away by the end of the episode how that happens doesn't matter.

That said, I'm still pleased.  Also curious.  Is Oliver going to give her the same line about the life he leads or is he going to go a step further since he thinks now he can NEVER go there, is he going to try and sabotage himself so he won't be tempted?  Will we in the audience know he has feelings while Felicity is convinced he doesn't?  Cue random chick in the supply room ala Roy. 

• Love 3

They're mean. They're going to tease and then take them away and they basically say so in the press release.

Yes that's exactly how I see it too. But wow that's cool regardless. I'm wondering how Mr Potential Love Interest fits in.

I am in love with the idea of Oliver admitting he has feelings.

Slow burn we go.

(edited)

Good Lord, that synopsis spoiler... My heart was racing so fast, it felt like I had been running on the treadmill. Gonna count that as cardio exercise. Thanks, CW Press people! But now that I've calmed down some, I think that I'm getting a little scared about how the writers will handle Oliver and Felicity's relationship. Please don't fuck up my ship.

Is Oliver going to give her the same line about the life he leads or is he going to go a step further since he thinks now he can NEVER go there, is he going to try and sabotage himself so he won't be tempted?  Will we in the audience know he has feelings while Felicity is convinced he doesn't?

We, the audience, already know Oliver has 'I love you' feelings for Felicity. Or, at least, I do. Because (and I've stated this before) no one can convince me that those were not legit heart-eyes he was sporting at the beach during "Unthinkable". Seriously, that's almost exactly how my brother-in-law was looking at my sister when they got married on a beach, except there were actual tears in his eyes, afterwards.

But I don't actually want Oliver to ask Felicity out and for her to say yes? I'm hoping that the way it goes down is that Oliver finally feels like he's in a place where he's "free" to ask Felicity out on a date but, before he can, The Count 2.0 crashes the party and Team Arrow has to deal with him, first. Later on, as he's reconsidering things about Felicity, because the city still needs The Arrow, he finds out that Felicity is actually already dating, or had been asked out on a date by, Ray. Sorry, bro, you were too fucking slow. Cue manpain and longing/angsty-frustrated feelings that are sublimated toward shirtless and sweaty (most important part) aggressive salmon laddering and beating up the training dummy. Through all these, Diggle better be smirking and sassing at Oliver. I expect at least one "you're an idiot" heart-to-heart between Oliver and Diggle.

I am just so not in favor of Felicity receiving ver. 2.0 of "because of the life that I lead". Not after the "I love you" maybe-a-ruse-maybe-not debacle. I would rather Oliver be left as the one pining and Felicity being somewhat oblivious about his feelings/determined to move on that he's the one that has to work at getting her to really believe he's in love with her.

All this teasing! I'm going to need to stock up on alcohol and ice cream come October.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don't think its going to go down this route. Even in the synopsis, its clearly mentioned that its Oliver who realizes that he cannot be with Felicity( At lease at the start of the season, who knows what happens later ) through this quote "forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow". Even Amell at one of the comic cons had said that what is strongly true is what he said to Felicity during the "Russia" episode that "he truly cannot be with blah blah". So, I see Oliver making a conscious decision to stop the relationship going forward at the end of the season opener.(He might very well change his mind later or not as he will also have to even sacrifice his child for the good of the city)

Picture from Amell's facebook (Looks like Oliver was  caught in some sort of explosion)

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.510703882348217.1073741826.146921975393078/680132192072051/?type=1&relevant_count=1

Edited by abhi

If I am not mistaken, The vertigo will be the big bad for the first episode (According to the casting details). Has there been any info about the big bad for the season apart from the Ra's al Ghul rumors.???

It would be funny if Sara comes back as a villain, kills a few people, and captain Lance has to go after her when he had happily shipped her off to the League.

I always assumed the S3 Big Bad would be Merlyn but people seem to be leaning towards Merlyn being more neutral in S3 with either Veritgo 2.0 or Ra's being the S3 Big Bad.  I still think Merlyn is the safer bet over Ra's or Veritgo.  

Well I will say this for the CW promo monkeys, they do know how to get a reaction out of fans, so maybe they're not so crazy after all.  That picture definitely looks like some type of explosion.  I wonder if it's present day or flashback.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow."

What is this mans issue. What he can't date whilst being the Arrow too? Because he'd be hiding from...oh wait he wouldn't!!! Mph I don't understand. Someone explain. Please.

Although I may or may not be day dreaming how Oliver would ask Felicity out. Juuuust putting it out there.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 1

What is this mans issue. What he can't date whilst being the Arrow too? Because he'd be hiding from...oh wait he wouldn't!!! Mph I don't understand. Someone explained. Please.

It's because of the life he leads dontchaknow.

• Love 2

Jesus if he gives her another Because of the life i lead speech i will truly want to smash him over the head with a bat! I am laughing so hard over what someone said on Twitter:

"LISTEN TO ME HAVING FELICITY AS A GIRLFRIEND WOULD BE THE BEST ASSET A SUPERHERO COULD POSSIBLY HAVE DO YOU HEAR ME YOU POTATO WITH EYES"

• Love 2
BECAUSE THEY ARE EVIL AND THIS IS A TRICK

Heh.

Well, no. I was more wondering why, after telling several people not to say anything about it, they went ahead and put it in the press release. However, after seeing the reaction, I can think of two reasons for releasing this: one, to increase talk/fan speculation/excitement (which definitely worked), and two, both to assure most fans that no, the show is not jumping back on the Oliver/Laurel train - while assuring Laurel fans that hey, it's just one date that gets blocked by the entire city.  And assuring other fans that the actual love triangle here is Starling City/Oliver/whoever - and Oliver's true love will always be the city which means motorcycle chases YAY!

I've ranted about the "because of the life that I lead" thing before - yes, yes, I know that it's an action/superhero staple and a romance staple, but the actual issue here isn't Oliver running around shooting arrows, it's that Oliver is severely messed in the head and also really sucks at the whole relationship thing. Grumble. 

On a totally different note this press release does confirm that Sarah Schechter is now one of the official showrunners for Arrow and Flash. (Also the unrelated Mysteries of Laura.) Since she seems to have mostly worked the financial side before this and is probably going to continue to work the financial side after this, I don't know how much if any impact this will have on the show.

That press release said that "he can't be Oliver Queen as long as the city needs the Arrow." So I think we are moving out of "It's not you it's my enemies" and moving to "Superheroes Stay Single" trope.  Even though it is just another road block I'm fine with that because at least Oliver is moving even if its from one trope to another. I'm thrilled that the writers didn't hook them up right before Baby Mama shows up. I so did not want that being why they stop seeing each other.

In the explosion pic Oliver has shirt cuff lines around his wrist, like he had a dress shirt on. Put me down for the explosion happens at the date or on the way to date.

I have two guesses about why they released this 1. The Buzz. Feed the Olicity beast and it keeps growing and generating its own PR all summer long. Which is a good marketing tool. The #Arrow column on Twitter has been pretty dead for 2 weeks  now, while the #Olicity keeps moving right along. Big Buzz going into all the WB events at Comic Con.  2. and this is pure fear on my part,  It's to make the fans happy before they roll out BC 2.0 at comic con. Pad the landing if you will. That's what they did in the back half of S2 with promotions. Hand out Felicity clips or synopsis right after or before a Laurel promo was announced and the fandom got angry. When they threw Olicity at the fandom they could pretty much release anything they wanted about Laurel and people were to busy breaking down ever bit of eye contact or hand placements to care what Laurel was doing.

• Love 7
(edited)

I think Orion's right. It's what they did in Unthinkable after all. Most of the fandom (from what I saw) was too busy dissecting the Olicity scenes to pay much attention to the jacket passing scene.

However, that may have only worked due to Laurel's otherwise minimal presence in Unthinkable. It remains to be seen whether or not that will work long term when/if Laurel's screen time and involvement with Team Arrow is upped. It will be very interesting to see what happens at SDCC.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

What is this mans issue. What he can't date whilst being the Arrow too?

I think the main issue is that most of the big bads would know who the Arrow is. Merlyn knows, Slade knows and if Ra's al Ghul comes in the picture, then he will surely know. So, those closest to him will always be kidnap bait if they can't defend themselves (I emphasize on close in a personal relationship and not a professional one). So, I guess if Felicity and Oliver date, it would be pretty stupid if the villain doesn't go after her to hurt Oliver. Felicity will replace Laurel as the Kidnap victim every other episode and Oliver will ride on a horse to rescue her every time. This scenario looks pretty lame to me tbh.

I still think Merlyn is the safer bet over Ra's or Veritgo.

But they have already dealt with Merlin as the big bad so hopefully they won't go there again. Regarding Ra's al Ghul there are a lot of circumstantial evidence that he might appear this season.

• Neal Adams in his audio interview saying that if he thinks he is correct as to who is going to be cast as Ra's on Arrow than Arrow's Ra's may be better than Nolan's Ra's.
  • James Bamford retweeting a tweet related to this interview in which the article had mentioned that Arrow might be casting for Ra's
  • Those Oder Fehr rumors
  • When someone asked Amell on his facebook whether Ra's may appear on the show, he had responded " I am going to respond to your question......But I am not going to answer you.
  • Amell saying that we will be seeing Batman Villains (Katana is not a villain )
Edited by abhi

I think the Nolan movies cemented Ra's as a Batman villain to the general public, but I found Liam Neeson a miscast so I hope that the Oded Fehr rumors are true. If I were Oded Fehr, I'd want to play Ra's al Ghul. Arrow outdid comics Nyssa (imo) and I'd be interested to see their take on Ra's since they seem set on including him in some capacity.

• Love 1

I am going to believe in Amell when he had said that he is playing the definitive version of Green Arrow and Caity is playing the definitive version of Black Canary. Until the EPs explicitly mention that Laurel is going to be the BC.

• Love 1

If they need to distract us from the fact that Laurel will turn into BC, therefore will not be written off or anything most people on this thread want, then something strange is happening behind the scenes. There's no way they wouldn't cut their losses and run.

I don't think they have any problem with Laurel, or her being the BC. They're the ones writing for and directing her. Even if they are aware of what some fans think (and I'm not sure how much they are) they most likely don't understand it and keep going forward. After all, their apparent reaction to many of the Laurel detractors was to put her onscreen more and the ceremonial passing of the jacket.

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw a complaint on tumblr regarding the recent Olicity spoilers, about the show turning from a comic show to a romance show.But, I think the romance spoilers are used as a smoakscreen to cover the real  spoilers. Like someone mentioned earlier, we already knew a resolution with the i love you was coming. I didn't think Lance was dead because his character is key to the whole comic book aspect. And I didn't equate hurt with dead. There's no mention about what i want to know about. Like how Waller got Oliver to be her pet. What's up with Thea and her relationship to Oliver, Roy, Sin. And who and how with the black canary. I'm glad. I wanted be spoiled but not.

Edited by icandigit

If the CW is telling us a real spoiler and not just messing with fans, then it will still be the shortest date in the history of Arrow.

Here's what I think, based on all the spoilers I've read so far.  Oliver asks Felicity out on a date and she accepts, but before they can actually go on that date, the new Big Bad appears and they have to go to work fighting evil.  He decides he cannot jeopardize his working relationship or indulge in a private life and tells Felicity the date is off.  She is disappointed but understands.  As the season progresses, Ray Palmer, a/k/a the Atom (Brandon Routh), acquires QC and becomes its new CEO.  Oliver is still trying to get his company back and is suspicious of Ray.  There may be a red herring linking the new Big Bad to Ray.  To help Oliver ferret out information, Felicity gets an IT job at QC, but is secretly there to spy on Ray.  Ray finds her out, but it turns out that Ray is a good guy and eventually becomes an ally of the Arrow.

Did you notice that in the first paragraph of the CW Press page, Katie Cassidy is not identified as the actress playing "former flame Laurel Lance", although the other actors are identified in the multi-paragraph show description?  (However, KC is identified later on in the cast credits.)  Clerical error or intentional?

Arrow has always been an action adventure show with a secondary romance plotline.  Did the tumblr critics not watch Season 1 with its Oliver/Laurel/Tommy love triangle?

• Love 1

Did you notice that in the first paragraph of the CW Press page, Katie Cassidy is not identified as the actress playing "former flame Laurel Lance", although the other actors are identified in the multi-paragraph show description?  (However, KC is identified later on in the cast credits.)  Clerical error or intentional?

it just goes to show how much of an afterthought Laurel Lance is. That first paragraph is literally the same one we saw after the season 2 finale, except this time they just tagged on Laurel at the end because they realized their mistake after everyone started speculating why... So pretty much the CW doesn't really care for Laurel which is kinda funny considering they adore KC

Maybe I will turn out to be wrong, but I suspect CL may be signed to a similar contract like Summer Glau was last year: A recurring contract over 8-10 episodes.

If CL wasn't specifically listed in the Upfronts Press Release I'd agree with you but I have never seen a non Series Regular listed in one of those Press Releases.  Add to that CL's continuous comments about how it's a secret and she can't talk about it (2 separate con appearances).  If she was a recurring character with a 8-10 episode contract it wouldn't be that big of a deal, IMO.  But i guess we'll find out soon enough, SDCC is only a couple of weeks away.

(edited)

LOL, I find this whole Tumlr thing pretty weird. Apparently people write stories where their shipper fantasies are put in to paper. Really who are these people and why are so much obsessed with a particular couple in a TV show???!!!

Edited by abhi
(edited)

I saw a complaint on tumblr regarding the recent Olicity spoilers, about the show turning from a comic show to a romance show.

Which is ridiculous, because Oliver asking Felicity out on a date is no different than Oliver getting involved romantically with McKenna or Helena or Laurel or Sara.  Oliver's romantic entanglements have always been a part of this show (and a part of the comics.)  This comment sounds a lot like sour grapes from people who can no longer call the Olicity fans 'delusional.'  Hopefully this will put an end to those same people insisting that the lingering touches and longing looks are due to some kind of 'familial' affection that Oliver and Felicity have for each other.  That's just... ew.  Arrow is not Game of Thrones. 

ETA:  I'm not even saying all of the Olicity detractors are Laurel fans... I've seen a number of fans who claim that their objection to Olicity is that Oliver should have a new love interest every few episodes, because he's a player in the comics. 

Edited by Chairman Meow
  • Love 3
ETA:  I'm not even saying all of the Olicity detractors are Laurel fans... I've seen a number of fans who claim that their objection to Olicity is that Oliver should have a new love interest every few episodes, because he's a player in the comics.

Ironic since in 2 years worth of the GA Comic (17-33) Oliver hasn't had a single love interest.  

LOL, I find this whole Tumlr thing pretty weird. Apparently people write stories where their shipper fantasies are put in to paper. Really who are these people and why are so much obsessed with a particular couple in a TV show???!!!

Oi!! FanFication can be pretty awesome. when it's written by good writers, and really really awful when its not. happily and sadly i have been in the end reading of both. BTW if you go by the fanfiction world, Olicity wins, like big time. i think it is safe to say that about 95% of the Arrow fics are about Oliver and Felicity.

• Love 5