Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought maybe it would be whatever character Franz Drameh is playing on Legends of Tomorrow.

That was my first thought as well. And for better or worse, I always think Cyborg when I hear DC/black guy/techie, but I don't know how close DC's keeping him to the cinematic versus TV universe.

I thought maybe it would be whatever character Franz Drameh is playing on Legends of Tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly. I think its the jay jackson character. All we know sobfar is he was in he circus as a boy & is a mechanic. But sorta sounds like other parts of his description.

Or if I'm being cynical they are diversifying the cast so that they can kill Diggle off when they are done with his story. Which I'm totally against as I love Diggle and thats a cheating way out. But I wouldn't put it past them - you know for reasons and options.

It sounds like they are casting someone for the part so it can't be the guy from Legends.

Yeah, I got the same. The quote on TVline sounds to me like they're going off the casting call description. Which means the role is being cast right now. The timing matches for casting recurring characters, even.

• Love 1

Or if I'm being cynical they are diversifying the cast so that they can kill Diggle off when they are done with his story. Which I'm totally against as I love Diggle and thats a cheating way out. But I wouldn't put it past them - you know for reasons and options.

Bleh, I hope not. 

With this new dude, whoever he is, I wonder if they're setting up for a new team vs. Oliver and Felicity kind of dynamic? Not sure how I'd feel about that. Although I would kind of enjoy it if they brought it some dude who was working for HIVE or some other evil entity, haha. 

• Love 1

Is this still locked? Yes? No? Let's test it out.

So, the casting spoilers for the dude geek are eeenteresting. Yay for him being African-American! And I can't help but wonder if they want a male Felicity to play love interest for either Laurel or Thea.

Also, he's totally gonna be connected to HIVE, right?

Edit: It's not locked! The Spoiler Thread, it rises from the Lazarus Pit.

My first thought was he's connected to HIVE but I didn't think about the LI for Laurel or Thea!

• Love 1

I can't help wonder if they are looking at the kind of character that Oliver is and how a lighter character works with him and then back at Laurel and wonder if they can give her a light kind of foil as well.  

The comic version of Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance worked in part because he was the happy, joking guy in contrast to her more serious nature.  (Which in part is why LL and OQ on Arrow IMO will never work)  Maybe they want to give Laurel a chance to play off someone lighter.  I also am in favor of her having her own director of ops since I don't want BC battling for position within the Arrowcave.  Let her work with the Arrow and co but develop more on her own.  It's the only way not to either belittle who BC is supposed to be or make me scream with frustration if they try to say she is now Oliver's equal.  The word's hell no, come to mind.

So, yeah, I'd be all for Laurel getting her own Felicity.  Of course to be different, the show would either make him evil or kill him off. 

If it's a love interest for Thea, I'm not ready yet.  I still want Roy. 

Of course the guy might not be a LI at all. 

• Love 4

I think they got rid of Roy to get Thea a new lI've interest. This is probably him. I think they would cast Laurel's 30 something imo.

He can be Laurel's tech person and Thea's li. And he can be connected to HIVE AND Be Oliver's Flashback to present character for s4.

All these Felicity types they are casting is a bit interesting...

(edited)

I'd love to see Aldis Hodge on this show.  Of course, I think he'd have made a fabulous Andy Diggle and this new role sounds too close to Alec Hardison from Leverage so it will probably never, ever happen.  Do we know where they are throwing the casting net?  Are they casting in L.A. or just local?  I'd assume both if he has a big enough role.

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 3

I could totally ship that. And I'm sorry Stephen and David, but Aldis has you beat in the pretty department. Lol

He was my first choice for Andy Diggle. I still don't understand the actor they went with. 

• Love 5

Aldis-Hodge-dating-3.jpg

Hmm, to be honest, I´ve never heard of Aldis Hodge before... but I´m not an expert at all. It´s this guy, isn´t it? Doesn´t look too bad :P

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's a thought... what about a male Oracle? 

The EPs can't use Barbara Gordon on Arrow/Flash/LoT because that character has probably been slated for Gotham.

Also, if the DC comics universe can have a female Thor, then there can be a male Oracle.  It would also set in place another piece for a possible BoP spinoff.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

The EPs can't use Barbara Gordon on Arrow/Flash/LoT because that character has probably been slated for Gotham.

Actually I think it's because of Titans (if TNT ever gets around to actually making that show). She's supposed to be one of the main characters on that.

• Love 4
(edited)

Here's a thought... what about a male Oracle? 

The EPs can't use Barbara Gordon on Arrow/Flash/LoT because that character has probably been slated for Gotham.

Also, if the DC comics universe can have a female Thor, then there can be a male Oracle.  It would also set in place another piece for a possible BoP spinoff.  

URGH GAH GRR, I would hate that so much. SO MUCH. Especially since Oracle is the brains behind BoP, so giving a male character the reigns would be missing the entire point of BoP -- which is a female-lead lady centric group. And they've had male members all through the comic book runs, but not in this kind of position of power.

Plus, I don't think it's fair to compare turning a male character female as the same as making a female character male. Those two things are not the same. There are fifty thousand gazillion male superheroes. Turning one female is revolutionary. The opposite is just going backwards in better representation.

...And now I think this is what these producers are gonna do, because their awareness of this kind of thing doesn't exist.

[Although if they do this there's an actual chance Gail Simone MURDERS the showrunners, so we'd get new showrunners? Look, silver lining!]

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 5
(edited)

I wonder if this new character is the EPs' way of testing another possible love interest for Felicity.  They may want to keep their Oliver endgame options open.  

I'd love to know if they're doing chem tests and, if so, with whom.

Edited by tv echo

It sounds like they are casting someone for the part so it can't be the guy from Legends.

Yeah, I got the same. The quote on TVline sounds to me like they're going off the casting call description. Which means the role is being cast right now. The timing matches for casting recurring characters, even.

Misread the spoiler, you guys are most likely correct. It looks like a recurring role.

Im liking the idea of a possible double agent, possible HIVE connection or a male Oracle type person for BoP storyline (but would have to have different name, since I think the name is locked into the Titans show).

LI for LL would not be bad idea either. But I think it might be too soon for Thea to get another LI. Plus her DJ LI attempt was pretty awful, so I don't want to see the writers duplicate that. I think they would get more leverage from LP aftereffects than by giving her a LI this season.

He is being introduced in the second episode so I don't think he is replacement tech person for the City Team. The cut line makes it seem they need Felicity to work some magic. I would think if he was working with them he would be in the first episode.

I kind of like the idea of him being a contact person for HIVE tech department. Maybe her father has another kid and this guy is Felicitys half brother lol

I don't know how I feel about him being a love interest for Laurel. Especially if he is bright sunny funny, it's too close to Oliver/Felicity. If he is a straight up douche that might be fun. If he is a douche that is Felicitys half brother that would be awesome. But then no love interest for Laurel because of reasons.

This is rambling sorry lol

• Love 3
(edited)

Due to Babs being slated for titans I really don't tHink a BoP show is a possibility at all at this point. You really can't just make any character male or female into a accomplished computer hacker and have her/him be Oracle. There is a lot more to being Oracle than computer hacking and even Felicity isn't on Babs' level.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

He is being introduced in the second episode so I don't think he is replacement tech person for the City Team. The cut line makes it seem they need Felicity to work some magic. I would think if he was working with them he would be in the first episode.

I kind of like the idea of him being a contact person for HIVE tech department. Maybe her father has another kid and this guy is Felicitys half brother lol

I don't know how I feel about him being a love interest for Laurel. Especially if he is bright sunny funny, it's too close to Oliver/Felicity. If he is a straight up douche that might be fun. If he is a douche that is Felicitys half brother that would be awesome. But then no love interest for Laurel because of reasons.

This is rambling sorry lol

I thought the same thing about the half brother.  They did say a long time ago (early S2 IIRC) that they wouldn't know if she had siblings until they put pen to paper.  Donna doesn't appear to have any other children but dad might.  If he is, just NO to a LI for Laurel.  Really not interested in a LI for Laurel under any circumstances if I'm honest.  The less she's on my screen the happier I am.  

• Love 2

Half brother is a cool idea!! More family dynamics might be interesting to explore. Especially depending upon the extent their father might be still involved in his life.

But if he's related to felicity than I don't want him anywhere near love interest area for any of the characters.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the Spoilers Only thread:

This sounds kinda interesting. Could it be baby mama?
Andy: I need some scoop on Arrow to get me through this long summer. Help a fellow fan out?
The CW comic book show is getting some star power next season! Arrow is currently looking to cast a big name for the guest-starring role of Patty, a mayoral candidate who is deeply committed to her city and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people. Described as a female in her 50s-early 60s, Patty is a peer and an old friend of the late Moira Queen, and was once close with Oliver and Thea. She is also a mother, and cares for her daughter above all else…any guesses as to who that daughter is?

Not that I'm counting on this show sticking to its own canon, but if this woman was a friend of Moira's and was close to Oliver and Thea, then Moira would've known who Oliver's baby mama was, and she likely wouldn't have been so nervous in the Queen home AND I highly doubt Moira would've been paid her off like that without someone asking some questions. Like, wouldn't Oliver have figured out that she didn't miscarry? 

So, if the daughter is baby mama (unless that woman in Central City really did miscarry and had a kid with someone else and Oliver's got another baby mama out there), then I'm calling shenanigans. SHENANIGANS.

Can't think of who else it would be though, unless this daughter is a new person we're supposed to care about.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

It can't be the mom of any of the main characters (the only mom we don't know is Roy's mom) or it could be the mom of one Oliver's exes. But why should anyone care about McKennas mom? Who knows, maybe it will make sense. (Or maybe another Lance sister will come out of the woodwork ;-) ) 

Since I know absolutely nothing about Hawkgirl, could it be her mom? And that is how she gets into the picture.... Just a guess from a person who knows nothing about that character's comic book backstory. So, does this mean there will be an Oliver for mayor storyline as well? 

• Love 4

So that's two recurring roles so far and we haven't gotten to Felicity's father yet.....I'm feeling a little impatient.

The idea of an older woman with ties to Moira is intriguing but this mystery daughter I'm not sure about. I want no Baby Mama drama. I can't think of anyone in current cast for would work...maybe McKenna. But I'm wondering if her daughter is a comic book character. No clue who it could be tho.

• Love 1

I don't think it's likely but maybe Patty had an affair with Robert and her daughter is Emiko, Oliver's half sister. I know they've taken some things from the New52, I don't think they'd go this route but it could be interesting... or not. lol Considering she's only a guest star & mayor, I give her three episodes before dying.

It does sound like they are also introducing her daughter, who hopefully doesn't end up becoming another one of Oliver's love interests. 

Also, I hope these recurring characters that they're introducing end up being supportive to the regular characters' arcs, and don't end up monopolizing too much time on their own arcs (ie: Ray).

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the actress who plays McKenna is on The Mysteries of Laura (another GB show). If DC hadn't decided to do a Teen Titans show, Felicity would have been Oracle (I'm pretty sure that's why they changed the name of her episode from Oracle to The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak). 

Edited by DrSpaceman10
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, Janina Gavankar is on Mysteries of Laura, however long that might last (it only got a 13 episode season two renewal, which is not exactly a vote of confidence).

I'm guessing this is Baby Mama's mama, continuity issues aside.

The Barbara Gordon on Titans is in a wheelchair, so I think it's a safe bet she's Oracle.

Edited by Starfish35

I think McKenna's mom would be interesting. Though the whole character is just going to make me miss Moira more than I already do.

Though if they somehow manage to cast Olivia Williams, I may forgive them a little bit.

No baby mama drama please though.

• Love 2

This woman can't be Diggle's mom-she's not old enough. So, we've met the mother of all the characters whose mother this person could possibly be.

What was the description again? I'm too lazy (as always) to look.

Patty, a mayoral candidate who is deeply committed to her city and willing to risk her life to stand up for the people. Described as a female in her 50s-early 60s, Patty is a peer and an old friend of the late Moira Queen, and was once close with Oliver and Thea. She is also a mother, and cares for her daughter above all else…

So her daughter is either Oliver's age or Thea's age (or somewhere in between) but she will have a shared past with them. They will probably know her (the daughter)

(edited)

I think from the description, her being a peer of Moira's, her daughter would be someone that Oliver and Thea knew growing up. Which limits the pool. Even if Diggle did have a heretofore unmentioned sister, there's never been any suggestion that they had that sort of connection to the Queens. Lyla either, which is another thought I had for a moment, that this was Lyla's mom. So I think we're limited to Baby Mama, McKenna, or someone we've never met before.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2