Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

You know besides the stress Roy and Thea's upcoming wedding is causing me (I refuse to believe anything else until MG comes out and says it's not them) - I am a wee bit nervous about Diggle. I know he is in 3x22 and I know he is supposed to have a big story next season, but crap - with Ras and Oliver standing there and Diggle on his knees, how is he going to make it out of this?  I have to say that if anyone but MM saves Diggle, they will earn my love for a least a few episodes.  Laurel, Ray, Nyssa, Thea, even Quentin.  MM will get points, but no love until someone makes him pay for Sara.

• Love 1

I'm sorry, but after watching that extended promo - the Canary Cry does just not translate well to the screen. I don't mind the concept of it, but I wish we could do without the facial expressions. It really looks awkward & dumb. I hope they use it sparingly in the future. Or at least find some way to film it that does not make LL look like a screaming banshee from a low grade horror film.

• Love 7

So, based on the 3x22 description, Oliver and Nyssa are getting married, yeah?

I've seen spec on twitter (which I think is brilliant) that RAG wants Oliver to marry Nyssa and so he goes through a ceremony with somebody who appears to be Nyssa but in the finale is revealed to have been Felicity.

That takes care of the spoilers we've heard so far - 1st marriage for both, the wedding in 3.22 but everybody finds out who the couple is in 3.23, wedding followed by a marriage that may or may not continue into s4- while also springing the kind of epic game changing twist that Arrow seems fond of in its finales. Also it answers the 'kinda' cliffhanger claim made by MG regarding the finale, i.e. since the wedding was a ruse will they/won't they let it stick?

Honestly, this is the option that I'm rooting for because the other possibilities for the marriage all suck and even though I've a fan of Oliver and Felicity and their relationship I don't think they are in the kind of head space to decide to get married yet. 

• Love 5
If Ra's' twisted thinking is that Nyssa's close relationship with Sara proved that she is now unfit to be the next Ra's because she might never have a child and continue his bloodline, then I can see him engineering Oliver's ascension.

Whenever Ra's has expressed disappointment in Nyssa, it's been that her loving Sara and continuing to mourn her was proof of her weakness.  He's never mentioned wanting an heir.  Just that forming a connection made Nyssa lose control and act too emotional, was what I got.

Guys, why does Nyssa appear to be naked in the extended promo? Where is she and who is she talking to? I thought maybe MG was trolling in his answer to that Laurel/Nyssa shipper, but...they wouldn't go there, would they?

I wouldn't worry, Nyssa strikes me as the kind of woman very comfortable with her own body. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't worry, Nyssa strikes me as the kind of woman very comfortable with her own body. 

I'm sure she is, and normally I wouldn't think twice about the (what seems like) nudity, but on Tumblr, when he was asked about Laurel/Nyssa, he responded to the asker that 3x21 was her episode. Seeing Nyssa seemingly naked in soft lighting has me worried. Not that I care if Laurel is bi, but more sister swapping. Yuck.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Switching gears, I don't recall - but has someone commented on the Buffy/Angel aspect of the latest O/F development yet?  You know, Oliver has sex with his true love and the next thing you know, he's turning evil (based on 3x21 promo).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

What on earth is Ray doing through all of this?

Other than having a moment with Felicity in ep 22.

Refueling the jet & researching alternative uses for that robotic hand we saw in episode 19 :)

• Love 9

I think the fact that they made Ra's into a title, instead of his name, means this current guy can kick it, because someone else will take the title. It's a pretty good loophole, imo. That way Ra's never dies in this universe.

I still think Malcolm's ultimate dream would be to be the next Ra's, and in terms of the universe, he's the best option if they want to keep him around (preferably in recurring status, not regular) and keep Ra's as a real nemesis. Nyssa is too sympathetic a character to be Ra's. I still hold out hope that this has been Malcolm's goal all along, and that there's some last twist coming that will make that happen for him.

• Love 5

MM will get points, but no love until someone makes him pay for Sara.

Well he did get the unholy shit beaten out of him in NP, and Thea delivered him there because of her role in his (very simple) murder Sara to get Oliver to Fight Ra's so I can escape a death warrant, even though Oliver only barely beat me in a fight once, and I'll need to train him to beat Ra's and get me out of a death warrant PLAN.

So y'know he only has to have the unholy shit beat out if him about 125 more times for it to feel remotely just.

• Love 2

I'm sure she is, and normally I wouldn't think twice about the (what seems like) nudity, but on Tumblr, when he was asked about Laurel/Nyssa, he responded to the asker that 3x21 was her episode. Seeing Nyssa seemingly naked in soft lighting has me worried. Not that I care if Laurel is bi, but more sister swapping. Yuck.

He also said something about discovering in 3.21 what Nyssa's agenda was in coming back to SC.  It's possible Sara was LP'd a long time ago and Nyssa has been taking care of her.  (I keep expecting the "using the LP without permission" storyline from 2.5 comics to pop up since it said it would be continued in S3.)  Nyssa could be talking to Sara.  Ra's shocker might be that he knows about it.  All of this leads to Nyssa/Sara wedding.

• Love 1

Switching gears, I don't recall - but has someone commented on the Buffy/Angel aspect of the latest O/F development yet?  You know, Oliver has sex with his true love and the next thing you know, he's turning evil (based on 3x21 promo).

Lol yes it's been commented on

He also said something about discovering in 3.21 what Nyssa's agenda was in coming back to SC. It's possible Sara was LP'd a long time ago and Nyssa has been taking care of her. (I keep expecting the "using the LP without permission" storyline from 2.5 comics to pop up since it said it would be continued in S3.) Nyssa could be talking to Sara. Ra's shocker might be that he knows about it. All of this leads to Nyssa/Sara wedding.

If Nyssa has an agenda I think it's more along the lines of knowing how her father operates, so she goes back to SC because she knows Ra's will send Oliver after her and she can rally his people against him or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did LP Sara without permission, but why take her back to SC? Seems like she'd want to keep her away from the people she loves, especially if she's a little cray. And wouldn't Sara of all people know what happens to Oliver once Ra's gets hold of him? Why would she be explaining that to Sara?

Ugh, I need this season over with already.

Edited by apinknightmare

If Nyssa has an agenda I think it's more along the lines of knowing how her father operates, so she goes back to SC because she knows Ra's will send Oliver after her and she can rally his people against him or something.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did LP Sara without permission, but why take her back to SC? Seems like she'd want to keep her away from the people she loves, especially if she's a little cray. And wouldn't Sara of all people know what happens to Oliver once Ra's gets hold of him? Why would she be explaining that to Sara?

Ugh, I need this season over with already.

Maybe she took her back to SC hoping to help her remember?  Thea came out of the pit recognizing Malcolm, thinking Moira was alive and that Oliver was dead.  Perhaps Nyssa wanted Sara close to her loved ones in case something happened to her (Nyssa) and she could leave Sara in the care of her family via a purple smoke message (Ha!)?

This would also help in bring QLance around too.

I am so ready for this season to be over with too!

• Love 1

I'm still worried about what's going to happen to Diggle. He better have all his body parts and his family intact by the end of this season or I will cut someone. Not literally but I'll want to.

I've only just read the description for 322 and it sounds like an Oliver/Nyssa wedding to me. It's not ideal and so wrong on many levels considering Nyssa loves Sara and Oliver loves Felicity but I don't see it as legally binding, particularly if it's a league ceremonial thing and I'd honestly rather that than O/F getting married now. It's way too soon. MG said he wasn't sure if it would continue into s4. I don't want that for O/F. When they do manage to be together, let them be happy for a while. JFC.

Meh. I find that I'm really not excited for much of anything coming up tbh. I want to know what happens but it doesn't have the same momentum and excitement as the end of last season, IMO.

Edited by Guest

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm thrilled that other people are starting to get as angry about this show as I have been since The Climb.  This season is so so so so bad, and totally offensive to good taste, logic, consistent characterization, and rational plotting.  On the plus side, the hate and resultant stomachache has caused me to lose more than ten pounds, so yay?

IRL, a Nanda Parbat wedding would mean absolutely nothing outside of Nanda Parbat.  Unfortunately, please see above, logic and rationality means nothing for this show now, so who knows.  I honestly can't understand why the ratings are still good.  Not just here but on lots of other sites people largely hate this season, yet they're still watching, meaning Guggie will continue to do what he's been doing, which is unbearable.  I am so desperate for a new obsession show. 

• Love 5

In any case if TIIC are stupid enough to go this route (with all the female issues they've had this year) and the network was stupid enough to allow them to go this route then I really hope the Feminist and LGBT community rip them a new one because (IMO) they would deserve it.

I'm sure if it is O/N they are ripping off the Ra's/Talia/Batman story line, but I can't get over forcing (even if she consents) a gay woman to marry a straight man because of outdated, homophobic, and misogynistic ideals. That's so wrong to me on so many different levels. Talia wasn't gay - it completely changes the dynamics. Look, I'm as big a fan of the forced marriage leads to wacky high jinks and falling in love as the next trope fan, but this show has a horrible track record with women and agency. Adding a gross homophobic vibe isn't going to help matters. Add to that the way MG has repeatedly been tone deaf over how scenes and character actions are perceived by the audience, and it makes me really uneasy. 

And yes, if this is what happens and no one at the CW thought to question it, I really hope the backlash is huge. With all the issues LGBT people have to deal with, I'd rather Nyssa stand up to her father, tell him to go fuck himself, preferably stick a sword in his face, takes over the LOA, and find some awesome lady assassin to marry. That makes a statement. 

However, since it appears Ra's is in the finale on a plane, I'm guessing that doesn't happen.

The way this wedding ceremony plays out best for me is that Ra's tells Oliver he needs to get married for heir purposes, and has Oliver pick a bride out of a group of women (whose faces would be covered, because this is the only way this works). The team infiltrates, someone knocks the woman out, and Felicity takes her place (preferably because someone needs to get close enough to Oliver to tell/give him something to set forth some kind of plan of action to get him out of there).  She and Oliver get married in a League ceremony, which is a sham anyway because it's not legally binding. So, they're married, but they're not really married. Ultimate shipper troll.

There are ways an Oliver/Nyssa wedding would work for me, but...I just don't like it. And I'm not really a fan of a real O/F wedding, so this is the best I can come up with.

That's about the only way it'll work for me, too.

If I trusted these writers, I'd give them more slack, but I don't. It's been one boneheaded story decision after another this year. Every time I think there's some long con going on - nope. What you see is what you get, and what I'm getting has been terrible.

• Love 11

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm thrilled that other people are starting to get as angry about this show as I have been since The Climb.  This season is so so so so bad, and totally offensive to good taste, logic, consistent characterization, and rational plotting.  On the plus side, the hate and resultant stomachache has caused me to lose more than ten pounds, so yay?

I go on a comic book site and even they have hated this season. That's why I'm shocked it's doing better than last season. I guess people are still watching hoping all this crap had a point. With these writers track record I'm not counting on that. 

Why isn't Guggenheim's wife talking some sense to him? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 7

Lol, I don't think many people have really enjoyed it, have they? Not that I've seen. Individual moments, sure, but as a whole? Naw son. This season has been painful and plot driven.

This season's plot is an awful mess, but I don't really tune in because of the plots. I'm ridiculously invested in Oliver, Felicity and Diggle, and none of that has changed despite the stupid behavior on all of their parts at various times during this season. This show still entertains me, even when it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

Bar them doing anything really really terrible in the next three eps (and my expectations are probably the worst, so I think I'll turn up here saying, "Well, that wasn't as bas as I was expecting it to be,"), I'm in for next season, especially since they're talking about HIVE and Felicity's dad. I'll keep watching until I don't care about Oliver, Felicity, or Diggle anymore. 

• Love 15

Since the wedding is in 3x22, it makes me think all the more that it's going to be Thea/Roy since that's when CH is returning and Thea is currently crazy.

I love Diggle's line "There's only one thing left of him now.  Us."

The EPs have said that seasons 1-3 are a trilogy of sorts.  That, plus the title of 3x23, indicate to me that this season will end happily for Oliver and Felicity.  I mean, why would you end your trilogy unhappily for your main couple?  So I can see this trilogy wrapping up various storylines for the various characters in a good way - and then the last scene of 3x23 ominously sets up the Big Bad for season 4.

If the EPs hadn't made that trilogy comment, I would be more inclined to think that this season ends in a shocker or cliffhanger - for example, the driving off into the sunset scene is in Oliver's imagination as part of a montage of lost hopes, as he fully takes charge of the LOA (because Ra's is dead) and is married to Nyssa.

I can see it both ways.  The first two seasons were about Oliver and How He Becomes A Hero. The third season is about Oliver and Team Arrow, the original team of O/D/F + Roy, now adding on BC (sigh) and Thea but losing Roy, and something happens at the end of this season that puts Oliver at odds with Diggle, his original team member and the one he counts on so much. So the  O/D/F Team Arrow will probably never be the same again.  (I really hate that idea.)  Also, Oliver and Felicity are now canon, which also wraps up the will they/won't they at least in terms of it no longer being UST.

It's also possible that either Oliver retires for a while at the end of the season (TM BookWrm1) or he comes out publicly as The Arrow, ending the speculation of Who Is That Man In The Hood?  Either of those would wrap up the first three seasons as a package.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I reaaaaally hope it's not Oliver/Felicity getting married. We already got cheated out of seeing Oliver realize he loves her. I DO NOT want them to get forced married. That will only give haters a reason to pull out the ~fanservice crap they pull every single time. It's annoying.

I've seen spec on twitter (which I think is brilliant) that RAG wants Oliver to marry Nyssa and so he goes through a ceremony with somebody who appears to be Nyssa but in the finale is revealed to have been Felicity.

I posted something similar yesterday - I don't do Arrow on Twitter but it's an old, old plot. Shakespeare used it, it's even in the Bible, a guy expecting one woman (wedding, wedding night, etc.) and another one taking her place. 

I could see MG/co. liking the parallels of Felicity using Nyssa's voice to fool Ra's just like Laurel did Sara's to fool Quentin.  Since they seem to like Laurel and Nyssa bonding over daddy issues, it seemed to fit.  And since it wouldn't be a legal marriage outside of NP, it gives them lots of room to reset everything.

• Love 2

Why do that, though?  Why would Team Arrow pull a big switch for Nyssa v. Felicity, when a wedding means nothing either way?

It means something in NP, where I assume Nyssa has plans to head the LoA, eventually.  (So she doesn't need an unwanted husband in her way.)  And it means something to the audience, so MG gets to troll them as a bonus?

ETA:  I just want it all to be over.  I hope some real spoilers leak out before it airs so I can quit thinking about it.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

If there were a Nyssa/Felicity switcheroo, I'd hope it would be so that Nyssa could wreck some shit while everyone was distracted. But I'd hope Ra's would know the difference between Felicity and his own daughter, so that probably wouldn't work, because unlike Quentin who was fooled by Laurel a few yards away, why wouldn't Ra's actually see his daughter up close?

That's why I like my preferred Felicity/Random League wife switcheroo for the purposes of implementing some kind of plan. Bonus audience troll: they're married but not married, so LOL it means nothing.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

It's funny. Last year they said that the finale was the ending of a chapter on Arrow, that it topped off the previous two seasons. Suddenly they want to reclaim the prior two years?

This! A friend of mine asked Marc about this on Tumblr and never got a reply. At the start of the season, he was touting this whole "new" chapter for Season 3. In fact, one of the things they were saying is that Season 3 is the perfect season for newbies to start watching "Arrow." But now it's the end of a chapter? Color me confused and exasperated.

On a different topic, why does Oliver need to be brainwashed? It doesn't look like the other League members are. Sarab, or Maseo, definitely is not. Why would Ra's want an heir that doesn't have control of his mind?

• Love 1
(edited)
It means something in NP, where I assume Nyssa has plans to head the LoA, eventually.  (So she doesn't need an unwanted husband in her way.)  And it means something to the audience, so MG gets to troll them as a bonus?

Honestly the whole idea behind it doesn't make much sense.  Why does Oliver need a wife anyway?  Apparently Heir to the Demon isn't genetic since Ra's basically told the story about being forced to leave his wife/children (presumably to become a member of the LoA and eventual Heir to the Demon).  This Ra's picked Oliver to be his Heir over his own daughter.  Also, if Oliver was supposed to marry Nyssa to produce and heir why does Ra's send Oliver and the LoA to kill Nyssa in 321?

On a different topic, why does Oliver need to be brainwashed? It doesn't look like the other League members are. Sarab, or Maseo, definitely is not. Why would Ra's want an heir that doesn't have control of his mind?

They may not be brainwashed but they are certainly broken.  That's been pointed out a few times since Maseo showed up in the LoA during 309.   Maseo is dead there's only Sareb now and it was restated in this recent episode.  So it does seem that like most cults Ra's is all about breaking down the person they were before.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Honestly the whole idea behind it doesn't make much sense.  Why does Oliver need a wife anyway?  Apparently Heir to the Demon isn't genetic since Ra's basically told the story about being forced to leave his wife/children (presumably to become a member of the LoA and eventual Heir to the Demon).  This Ra's picked Oliver to be his Heir over his own daughter.  Also, if Oliver was supposed to marry Nyssa to produce and heir why does Ra's send Oliver and the LoA to kill Nyssa in 321?

Maybe someone had to force him into taking the title like he's forcing Oliver? So it's either you live after being skewered by Ra's sword, or you inherit it? They're not very clear on these rules, probably for good reason: because they're stupid. 

• Love 4

If there were a Nyssa/Felicity switcheroo, I'd hope it would be so that Nyssa could wreck some shit while everyone was distracted. But I'd hope Ra's would know the difference between Felicity and his own daughter, so that probably wouldn't work, because unlike Quentin who was fooled by Laurel a few yards away, why wouldn't Ra's actually see his daughter up close?

That's why I like my preferred Felicity/Random League wife switcheroo for the purposes of implementing some kind of plan. Bonus audience troll: they're married but not married, so LOL it means nothing.

Bridal veils.  And that's why they would need the voice changer, so whoever she is could take the vows with Ra's none the wiser.  And of course, this buys time for Nyssa to get into place for whatever actions she (or TA) is planning.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 4

liking the parallels of Felicity using Nyssa's voice to fool Ra's just like Laurel did Sara's to fool Quentin.

I do feel like that has to come up again, and of course if Quentin can not tell the difference between his two daughters who are two different heights I guess a veil is enough to confuzzle Ra's. 

• Love 5

Bridal veils.  And that's why they would need the voice changer, so whoever she is could take the vows with Ra's none the wiser.  And of course, this buys time for Nyssa to get into place for whatever actions she (or TA) is planning.

There would have to be veils and Felicity would have to be heavily padded and on the highest heels imaginable under thick robes, haha. 

• Love 1

There would have to be veils and Felicity would have to be heavily padded and on the highest heels imaginable under thick robes, haha. 

True.  You know, Laurel is much taller than Felicity...  :-)

ETA:  Just kidding guys!  There's no way MG would ever do that.  Right?

Edited by tessaray

Imagine the conversation in that Porsche at sunset if the switcheroo takes place, though. Married but not married...

Bonus points for me if Oliver is completely unaware of the switcheroo, because I want the idiot to be thinking he's marrying a rando, all resigned to his dumb LoA life foreverrrrr woe is him, and then boom, it's Felicity. And she has a plan.

• Love 14

Honestly my expectations to these writers are so low that I am half way expecting Ra's to tell Nyssa that he will bring Sara back, if she marries Oliver and produces an heir. TV writers have a way of creating ridiculous so called "reasons" to make the lesbian character sleep with a man.  I just don't have any faith in Arrow's writers when it comes to being mindful regarding their female characters agency nor matters of bi- or homosexuality.

Anyway, no matter the whom is going to be marrying whom, I don't think there will be any switcheroo. The writers seem unsure how long the 'marriage' will last, which seems to indicate that they haven't resolved it by the end of the season. I do expect if anyone switched in as the bride, there would had been some talk about what to do afterwards or at least some comment. Of course a NP wedding many here have pointed out isn't actually binding in the eyes of the law, so for any none League member that marriage wouldn't really count for anything.

• Love 3

The only thing that confuses me about the "marry Oliver and I'll let you dunk Sara into the LP" scenario is we're supposed to find out there are repercussions if someone uses the pit without permission, and who better to do that than Nyssa? Unless...IDK, unless maybe Oliver kills Diggle and they throw him in there without Ra's consent and he goes batshit.

I guess Nyssa agreeing to marry Oliver to bring Sara back would go along with Ra's assertion that her love for Sara compromised her emotionally, so it seems like the kind of rash thing she'd do to back that up, but Sara's been dead for months and months now. Why on earth would she want to do that, knowing full well what the pit does to a person? Bleh.

Edited by apinknightmare

Besides the gross grossiness of marrying an established queer woman to a straight dude for whatever reason, my main problem with Oliver marrying Nyssa is that Felicity caught Chekhov's bouquet. AND BY TV LAW, she must get married next OR ELSE.

Maybe Felicity marries Nyssa.

• Love 9

So who is reluctant to helping Nyssa - Felicity or Diggle?  My guess would be Diggle but maybe both.

Besides the gross grossiness of marrying an established queer woman to a straight dude for whatever reason, my main problem with Oliver marrying Nyssa is that Felicity caught Chekhov's bouquet. AND BY TV LAW, she must get married next OR ELSE.

Maybe Felicity marries Nyssa.

That's one combo I never thought of. LOL!

Either both Felicity and Diggle or I could see just Felicity (if it's part of her 5 stages of grief)

I forgot about the grief.  Felicity is usually more accepting of people but I could certainly see her opposing helping because of that. 

Felicity should be torn between helping someone who needs help and being angry at Nyssa for being part of that LoA who are responsible for taking Oliver away from her.

That picture of Diggle hugging Felicity -- those two are going to break my heart.

Shakespeare & wedding switcheroo - it worked none to bad in Much Ado About Nothing, but there a reason that All's Well That Ends Well is rarely performed..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I posted something similar yesterday - I don't do Arrow on Twitter but it's an old, old plot. Shakespeare used it, it's even in the Bible, a guy expecting one woman (wedding, wedding night, etc.) and another one taking her place. 

I could see MG/co. liking the parallels of Felicity using Nyssa's voice to fool Ra's just like Laurel did Sara's to fool Quentin.  Since they seem to like Laurel and Nyssa bonding over daddy issues, it seemed to fit.  And since it wouldn't be a legal marriage outside of NP, it gives them lots of room to reset everything.

It also would give Felicity a reason to be in NP if they wanted to dismantle the evilness of the LoA during the 3.5 comics.

• Love 1

Felicity looks emotional but not like she is crying. A hug between Diggle and Felicity. Thank you Thank you.

KC looks like she has to pee. lol

Diggle is just a bad ass.

• Love 1

The brainwashing thing makes no sense in any possible way.  Besides my personal rage that a man who has gone through everything Oliver has already and come out mentally stronger suddenly being brainwashed in three weeks, there's also (1) Sara was not brainwashed; (2) Maseo was not brainwashed; (3) RA'S WAS NOT BRAINWASHED; (4) Ra's considers Oliver's characteristics worthy of being his Heir...why would he wipe those characteristics away with brainwashing? 

So much hate for this storyline.  SO MUCH HATE. 

If Felicity gives up on Oliver again Olicity is over.  (I don't actually think she will.  But I didn't think she'd drape herself all over Ray for five episodes, either.)

• Love 5