Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Given how rushed everything has been with Laurel this season, and the fact they literally have nothing left of her story (she has everything bc comic version had now, except oliver, and well...), and how hard they pushed sara in 2b only to dumpster thump her....I really have renewed hope she isn't returning in S3.

Don't do it!  Don't even dare to hope, it'll crush you.  Laurel is never leaving...she'll survive a nuclear apocalypse, Armageddon, Doomsday, all other world-ending scenarios.  No matter how much I hope that she goes to pursue law in San Diego or San Francisco or wherever she was headed, I don't think it's ever gonna happen :(   

So not happy that Oliver is separated from Felicity and Diggle AGAIN next episode.  I don't want to watch Oliver in Nanda Parbat and everyone else in Starling City...so I guess I'll just read about what went down.  So over the LoA crap, please let this season be the end of that for good.

• Love 1

I just saw a gif of the "Canary cry". hahaha That looks about as stupid as I thought it would look. That is one power that does not translate well to live action. I thought Arrow worked around with it Sara's device. But it was just them saying that Sara isn't the real Black Canary,she was just the more badass Canary. 

• Love 3

I really like the idea that Diggle ends up in a wheelchair because of Oliver. It ticks off so many boxes -- lasting repercussions for s4, the explanation of the body scan DR got and something that can be fixed with Ray Palmer's technology, , Sara and Lyla are still alive, and lots of juicy emotional stuff for DR to mine as the always-physical Diggle has to deal with losing such a large part of who he is.  (Hopefully the show would spend enough time on that and not just blow through it.)

The only problem is that while Diggle is out, with Roy gone that leaves Laurel and Thea as the only ones out in the field with Oliver and I'm pretty sure I don't think I want to watch that show.

So not happy that Oliver is separated from Felicity and Diggle AGAIN next episode. 

I'm not happy about it but if there is lots of Felicity and Diggle bonding, and some incorporation of Thea, it could be interesting.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

See, I think it does make sense from a practical perspective - she's got a weapon that she can use without using her hands to activate it.

*grumble grumble* Alright, I will grudgingly admit you have a point (lol). I'm just going to be grumpy about it. :)

I don't know why I didn't really think they would actually give her a sonic scream. I should have, I guess, now that I think about it, since it was going to be around her neck. I guess I just thought it would be a wearable device but like Sara's.

Whatever. I'll stop grumping about it, at least until I see the episode. It just really caught me wrong this morning.

If Dig has to be hurt in a permanent way, I'd prefer it be something that can be replaced/fixed with technology, because yeah otherwise I will see it as a convenient way to keep him out of the field so others can take prominence.

• Love 12

If Dig has to be hurt in a permanent way, I'd prefer it be something that can be replaced/fixed with technology, because yeah otherwise I will see it as a convenient way to keep him out of the field so others can take prominence.

THIS. I don't want anything with could limit his scenes. I like the idea of a short term limp while he heals OR a scar. I have a thing for scars and I think a scar along the cheeck bone or over the eye would be a really good phyiscal reminder without sidelining him.

• Love 5

See I thought it would be something that would be fixed by technology that would actually give him an edge out in the field instead of giving him a reason to stay out of it.

• Love 4

The fact that David Ramsey called it Dig 2.0 made me think of Cyborg/Victor Stone. Who I'm pretty sure is totally off limits, and they can't use, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Maybe Cyborg-inspired?

• Love 3

I think MG said it in some interview - that she'd be grieving in 3x21, but I think it was in the context of the rest of the team dealing with Oliver being gone too.

Yes but didn't we just go through this. How many times are they going to regurgitate the same old story of Oliver is gone, how does Team Arrow + Laurel cope? I would think once per season would be enough, apparently not for these writers though. At least this time around, now that FS seems to be off RP propping duty maybe we can see FS grieve with Diggle. The failure to let the two people who are closest to Oliver mourn together when he was presumed dead was an unquestionably bad decision imo. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Love 9

This isn't really based on any spoilers, but since it doesn't appear that my dream of Felicity moving in with Thea to take care of her is coming true, can I just say that it seems like a not great idea to let Malcolm be the one who tends to her while her ~soul~ is in flux or whatever? Like, maybe it would be good to have someone around who is a positive influence? Even Laurel? Anyone besides Malcolm alone?

• Love 11

Yeah I mean I still don't understand Oliver's need for Malcolm Merlyn. The man is just evil. Why leave your beloved sister with him? I would've preferred Thea stay with Laurel than Malcolm. Just no with this man.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster."

So long as we don't get the slo-mo as well. Or that bionic sound.

I can't agree with Felicity and Laurel bonding over Oliver in any capacity what so ever. Their experiences are way too different to make me believe they could find common ground. And I can't buy any geniune connection between Laurel and Oliver to connect with her there.

That being said, I'm okay with them connecting with Thea. Felicity thru her love for Oliver and Laurel has a personal history with Thea. That would be easier for me to buy.

I think in the next episode its really going to be paired off for the most part: Laurel and Nyssa, Felicity and Diggle, Thea and Malcolm. They should come together to fight Evil!Oliver, but I think thats where the meat of the emotion is going to be.

So long as we don't get the slo-mo as well. Or that bionic sound.

Can he at least get his own musical track? Like Batman or Superman?

• Love 2

I can. Not. Stop. Laughing. I am pretty sure that wasn't what they were going for.

Some things are better left in the comics y'all.

Me too. I saw it in the wee hours of this morning and started laughing so hard I nearly woke the house up. There were tears in my eyes it was that bad. I'd start winding down and then think about it again and start laughing again. It was full blown hysterics. If BC and her CC are going to become a regular part of Arrow, I'm going to need to invest in some diapers because I honestly think I'll pee my pants laughing every time LL is called upon to open her mouth THAT WIDE to bring forth the Canary Cry. What were they thinking? It honestly looks so ridiculous I can't believe anybody thought it was a good idea. 

Seriously though, I'll never be able to pay attention to any scene that features the CC or that immediately follows the use of the CC because of the sheer ridiculousness needed to employ it. Arrow I'm judging you so hard for this one

• Love 4

Hoping DR's "Diggle 2.0" is just a a few new body parts rather than a brain transplant into to a cyborg body.  Baby Sara needs some siblings, and isn't this the show that is supposed to be the realistic one? 

This isn't really based on any spoilers, but since it doesn't appear that my dream of Felicity moving in with Thea to take care of her is coming true, can I just say that it seems like a not great idea to let Malcolm be the one who tends to her while her ~soul~ is in flux or whatever? Like, maybe it would be good to have someone around who is a positive influence? Even Laurel? Anyone besides Malcolm alone?

I have a hard time believing that they are not going to burn through Thea's emotional stuff really fast since she's already in a mask and costume for the next episode and fighting Evil!Oliver..  But I'm okay with Malcolm being there because he's the one who has seen what the LP does to a person.

I"m preparing myself for minimal Felicity in the next episode since it's going to be Laurel/Nysaa, Ra's/Oliver, Thea, and TA fighting with Oliver heavy.

Add me to the list of those not wanting to see yet another episode grieving over Oliver. Seriously--do these writers have any new ideas at all? For that matter, they need to move beyond constantly having Oliver break ties with the Team--either by death or by choice. As with people dropping like flies cheapens the impact of death on the show, having it appear like Oliver is gone and then showing up again a handful of episodes later is getting tiresome.

• Love 8

Is it possible the wedding takes place in the flashback? And how does Oliver end up back on the island?  In the jet scene w/ Felicity " when they found me on the island", per the flashbacks he is in China and I think the spec is he his headed for Russia.  The pilot had him all bearded and scraggy on the island.  

I like the Diggle wheelchair rebuild idea.  

Now that Malcolm is a free man, he should join team Arrow for a bit. 

MG mentioned Felicity going through the seven stages of grief and then specifically mentioned whether or not Felicity loses faith in Oliver, so I think maybe he's just being hyperbolic again regarding the amount of "grieving" she'll do just to make people think she might actually give up on him this time. 

The anvil Oliver dropped about Felicity being the first person he saw as a person when he came back from the island suggests that she'll be the one to bring him out of it. So I can see them having a hard time getting it together, but probably not as hard as the first time considering at this point they've already done it once before. 

Anyone remember which ep MG said that Ray and Felicity have that great scene in? Because if he's the one who convinces her to not give up on Oliver, I might throw my shoe, haha. 

Is it possible the wedding takes place in the flashback? 

No, MG confirmed that it's a present-day wedding.

• Love 2

The Ray/Felicity scene where they have such great chemistry is in 3.22.  Luckily he said they are over so they aren't getting married in this episode.

Did we ever get a synopsis for 3.22?  It was TBA last week.

Did we ever get a synopsis for 3.22?  It was TBA last week.

Nope. And the 3x23 synopsis is TBA as well. 

I'm guessing they're delaying it because of spoilers, probably because Evil!Oliver only lasts the one ep and they want to make sure people wonder if he's actually going to stay evil.

I just saw a gif of the "Canary cry". hahaha That looks about as stupid as I thought it would look. That is one power that does not translate well to live action. I thought Arrow worked around with it Sara's device. But it was just them saying that Sara isn't the real Black Canary,she was just the more badass Canary. 

Could you give a link? I'm curious.

MG mentioned Felicity going through the seven stages of grief and then specifically mentioned whether or not Felicity loses faith in Oliver, so I think maybe he's just being hyperbolic again regarding the amount of "grieving" she'll do just to make people think she might actually give up on him this time. 

The anvil Oliver dropped about Felicity being the first person he saw as a person when he came back from the island suggests that she'll be the one to bring him out of it. So I can see them having a hard time getting it together, but probably not as hard as the first time considering at this point they've already done it once before. 

Anyone remember which ep MG said that Ray and Felicity have that great scene in? Because if he's the one who convinces her to not give up on Oliver, I might throw my shoe, haha. 

No, MG confirmed that it's a present-day wedding.

IIRC the Ray/Felicity chemistry train is due to hit our screens during 3.22 so make of that what you will.

MG stated flat out they were over and done with. 

Oh they're absolutely over and he definitively said so. My snark was directed at whether Ray would be the one to have the conversation that helps Felicity decide not to give up on Oliver and MG's comments that BR and EBR share great chemistry (I just don't see any romantic chemistry there, they come across more as slapstick comedy to me). I maybe should've made myself more clear, sorry.

• Love 1

Hopefully no one will have to convince Felicity not to give up on Oliver but if someone  has to, my first choice would be Ray.  Thea doesn't know her well enough to give that kind of push, I think Diggle will be busy fighting Oliver on his own to prop Olicity, and I'd hate for it to be Laurel.  Quentin is still probably angry at him.

Ray is the person who knows her best, maybe better than Diggle does, he cares for her and he knows how she feels about Oliver, as in really feels as opposed to "they're a couple" which is probably the level Laurel knows her at. Short of Donna coming back, Ray gets my vote if we have to have that scene.  But I'm hoping we can get back to the Felicity who believes anything is possible, not the crying on of s3.  Could sex do that for her?  Please?.

• Love 1

I don't believe anyone has to give Felicity that message, but if so, I'd vote for Thea. She heard Oliver tell Felicity he loved her in the catacombs, and with the enormous amount of guilt she felt about Oliver's sacrifice, I could totally see her telling Felicity Oliver needs her because he loves her.

Ray's a good guy, but him telling Felicity to fight for Oliver would be much like Laurel's advice to Sara last year about Oliver, and that's something I don't need to see repeated on my television.

• Love 9

Katie Cassidy is an attractive woman, but that costume does not flatter her. The wig, mask... And now the ridiculous scream. If I didnt dislike Laurel so much I would feel bad for her.

Yet, KC had a hand in designing her costume and wig.

• Love 2
As we teased, there was a very good reason why Felicity never reciprocated Oliver’s “I love you’s” until tonight. “That was very deliberate,” [MG] added. “We were holding that back this season, the same way we were holding back them sleeping together. We wanted it to be part and parcel for that moment.”

So the reason Felicity didn't say ILY to Oliver until 3x20 is not because of any character development reason or any organic plot reason, but because the EPs wanted to lump her ILY together with Olicity sex into the right episode? 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

So the reason Felicity didn't say ILY to Oliver until 3x20 is not because of any character development reason or any organic plot reason, but because the EPs wanted to lump her ILY together with Olicity sex into the right episode? 

Basically this is everything that's wrong with the season. It's plot driven. 

• Love 15

I would argue that it's not even plot-driven.  It's a series of Guggie's idea of "cool scenes" strung together.  Thus Evil Oliver...doesn't matter that it makes no sense for the character.  In their view, it's "cool." 

• Love 2

I am curious and spoiled enough to ask the question here, but do you guys think Oliver and Felicity will get back together post Nanda ParBAt, or do you think it will be chalked up to a desperate hook up because they were about to lose each other forever (or as long as forever is on a cw show)?

TPTB are a bit vague and I am not sure if we have any concrete, irrefutable, evidence for the end of the season.

What do you guys think?

I certainly hope they're going to get back together post-Nanda Parbat. I think they've put too much weight and meaning into the relationship for it to be just some kind of desperate, last-chance hookup. Whether "post-Nanda Parbat" means this season or further down the road, I don't know. The finale being called, "My Name is Oliver Queen" makes me think they probably will get together by the end of the season, but I'm not sure of it.

• Love 7

I'm inclined to think the driving into the sunset thing means they end up together, but I can't discard them driving into the sunset AND THEN SOMETHING AWFUL HAPPENING, because I don't trust this show to commit.

It does feel like the rift going into the hiatus is between Oliver and Diggle, though.

• Love 11

Diggle unable to walk, but that would do it.  They could also give him the Arsenal story and take an arm.

Diggle's arms are a work of art and the universe and the gods of Mt. Olympus. HOW DARE YOU, SIR/MADAM!

• Love 6

:,( Gun is J. August Richards's character on Angel but I'm worried they will turn Diggle into some DC version of Richards's AOS's character...

Edited by tarotx