Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If Felicity's father is a big part of S4, I would think it makes an Olicity quickie marriage more likely. I don't know why I'm so hung up on Ray being a minister. But CHEKOV'S MINISTER. I just don't know why they would throw it out there and never mention it again.

When would Ray marry them though? He doesn't go to Nanda Parbat. Would they Skype him to do it? It seems kind of mean to go there considering Felicity probably JUST broke up with him, haha. Crack wedding theory: seeing how handy it was that Ray was able to step right up and offer his minister services in Digg's time of need, Digg decides that it might be a good idea to get ordained by the church of the internet, because you just never know when someone will need you. 

Then Oliver and Felicity will need him and boom. Married. 

/crack that I'm getting increasingly hopeful for and will hold out hope for until that jet lands

• Love 8

When would Ray marry them though? He doesn't go to Nanda Parbat. Would they Skype him to do it? It seems kind of mean to go there considering Felicity probably JUST broke up with him, haha. Crack wedding theory: seeing how handy it was that Ray was able to step right up and offer his minister services in Digg's time of need, Digg decides that it might be a good idea to get ordained by the church of the internet, because you just never know when someone will need you. 

Then Oliver and Felicity will need him and boom. Married. 

/crack that I'm getting increasingly hopeful for and will hold out hope for until that jet lands

The sad shot of Ray leaning against his car in the sizzle reel.  I think 3x19, with Oliver and Ray teaming up will bring clarity to Ray to Felicity's real feelings.  AS IF RUNNING AWAY FOR JELLO DIDN'T. 

PERSONALLY, it would make Ray a lot more likable. 

• Love 3

Yes. They're casting Damian Dahrk as a Series 4 regular. Appears in the S3 finale. 40s-50s, male, ethnic preferred. 

OK, thanks. I knew Damian Darhk was coming in for 323 but i don't recall ever seeing anything about 40-50 male, ethnic preferred.  Last I saw, TV Live was thinking it was Damian Wayne and then corrected themselve with Damian Darhk

from the 318 episode thread

He admitted in his argument with Laurel that there are copycats out there. He knows that Felicity works with the Arrow, so why would he take a shot at her? The whole thing comes off to me as him having a giant temper tantrum. And I admit in that scene in the van, it crossed my mind that if this was a different kind of show, I would be thinking he was possessed, because there was such a deliberate cruelty in the things he was throwing at Oliver.

I wonder if seeing Roy sacrifice himself for Oliver pulls Quentin out of his rage state. In the reel, there a clip of him saying to Roy that he wants to help him. Maybe Roy's sacrifice for Oliver causes Quentin to take a good look at what he's doing.

Not to mention, there are still those archers killing people out there.

• Love 4

If Felicity's father is a big part of S4, I would think it makes an Olicity quickie marriage more likely. I don't know why I'm so hung up on Ray being a minister. But CHEKOV'S MINISTER. I just don't know why they would throw it out there and never mention it again.

Not to mention CHEKOV'S BOUQUET.

• Love 7

But if Ra's is toast, does Oliver have to stay head of the LoA?  He could hand it over to Nyssa after he did his thing with it, but unlike the pope or a king, don't you have to die in the position?

Not necessarily true. The most recent Pope (not the current Pope) resigned (although I forgot which word they used). Kings are able to abdicate the throne. So there is precedence to leave a position that is generally inherited. Although I don't quite know how the rules of the LoA work. This whole entire OQ has to the heir because he survived death seems to be pretty weak. Add to that it seems the mythlore has also changed a few times for plot purposed.

(edited)

Just going with my history working in television casting on the description. YMMV. 

FTR, I still think Felicity's father will play a big role in S4.  He might not be this character, but I do believe that we'll meet him in S4.

Oh, it's the broadest. And then watch, they'll cast Sebastian Roche or someone like that.  Who knows.

Glad they are going for diversity. They can still have Felicity's father be important just not Damien Dahk (sorry for the spelling).

To indulge in some of the theories, I will say that they might have made Ray a minister so that he could marry Oliver & Felicity on the plane before it takes off for NP. I'm not saying it will happen or that I want it to happen. Just saying, it would have made more sense for them to have had Felicity become an online minister for Dyla, but she can't marry herself. Likewise, Roy in my head would have been the next choice, but he is going to be in jail/on the run he couldn't marry them. I guess Thea or Laurel could have become ministers. But if Thea is dead, she can't marry them. And Laurel, well tbh I have no good rationale why they didn't choose LL, unless maybe they thought they gave her enough this season. Or maybe the thought of Laurel marrying O/F was just too much potential shipper/hate drama.

Edited - Sorry, didn't realize it was already talked about. But yea Diggle becoming a minister just in case would be a cool callback both ATV & to his wedding.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

So I was watching s1 again. Shout Out to Tommy, still miss the guy! Sorry to see him go. But it brought back to my mind 2 things.

1. Diggle speaks Arabic, so yeah totally think he's gonna be doing a separate mission to help fulfill whatever OQ's mission with LoA is.

2. In the undertaking, Malcolm says he believes in redundancy. So since he got us into this mess that is s3 with his vendetta/blood debt with Ras, and his first plan failed (killing SL, sending OQ to NP) - what is his second plan? It's not like MM to be without a plan. So do we think there is going to be long burn for his real plan? Because I think he wanted to be the leader of the LoA and I wonder if he is setting up his ascension to the throne. I would not put it past him to kill his own daughter (or be behind the killing) knowing the existence of the LP. Because I could see OQ choosing MM over Nyssa. Or Nyssa turning down OQ's offer, and the next choice being MM. So do we think then that MM would then bide his time in LoA, and then come back as the big bad in future seasons?

• Love 1

"So do we think there is going to be long burn for his real plan?"

Personally I don't think any of these characters has a long game or intelligent, well-thought out primary plan, much less a Plan B.  I think this show has really, really crappy writers who've gotten very lucky with some good characters and excellent actors.  MM's original plan was idiotic and doomed to fail, so MM as mastermind does not work for me.  Ra's is a moron.  The rest is pretty much just inconsistencies in plot and characterization due to poor writing skills, not an actual season-long grand plan.

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe the branding of Oliver, overseen by a mystical priestess chanting ritual words, magically binds Oliver to become the new Ra's even if the old Ra's dies?  I mean, we know MG is bringing magic into the Arrrowverse.

Regarding that Olicity sex scene in the sizzle reel - I think it's going to be a very beautiful but sad scene.  They're in Nanda Parbat, Oliver has accepted the Ra's job, and Felicity & Diggle are leaving to return to Starling City the next day.  Knowing this is it for them, Felicity goes to see Oliver.  They have sex for the first and - they believe - last time. 

For some reason I thought of that old Lady Jane movie starring a young Helena Bonham Carter as 16-year-old Jane Grey and a young Cary Elwes as her 17-year-old husband Guilford.  There's this very heartbreaking scene of them the night before they're both scheduled to be executed.  They sit facing each other, half-naked, and tenderly caress and talk to each other, knowing it's their last time together on earth. 

I know it's not the same -- but I have a feeling the Olicity scene in that episode is going to be very bittersweet.

Incidentally, the CW's latest Arrow promo tagline of "There is no justice without sacrifice."  Think about it.  What does that even mean?  

Edited by tv echo

Not necessarily true. The most recent Pope (not the current Pope) resigned (although I forgot which word they used). Kings are able to abdicate the throne. So there is precedence to leave a position that is generally inherited. Although I don't quite know how the rules of the LoA work. This whole entire OQ has to the heir because he survived death seems to be pretty weak. Add to that it seems the mythlore has also changed a few times for plot purposed.

Accept MG said the job is a till death one. Doesn't really matter if in real life you can abdicate those kinds of positions if the EP has determined you only get out by death.

Just noticed that the Previously TV promoted shower banner has a photo of the sizzle carry of Oliver & Felicity. Here's hoping those who don't want to be spoiled avoid the promoted banner on the bottom of the screen. As well as twitter, tumblr, facebook and probably most entertainment websites. So yea, maybe we should spoiler tag the banner.

Yes. They're casting Damian Dahrk as a Series 4 regular. Appears in the S3 finale. 40s-50s, male, ethnic preferred.

sorry to be a pain but where did you see this casting info? I can't find any mention of it online

Yes, that's what I meant.  A king can abdicate (as the Spanish king did), and the previous pope abdicated (for the first time, mind you) but it looks like being Ra's is like an illness that doesn't get cured.

I know it's not the same -- but I have a feeling the Olicity scene in that episode is going to be very bittersweet.

That's probably what MG meant when he said the episode was going to be very good and very bad for Olicity shippers.  Felicity gets her first kiss from Oliver as he's breaking up with her; and her first time making love with him as they are doomed to be apart.  Did MG grow up on a diet of tragic operas?

Incidentally, the CW's latest Arrow promo tagline of "There is no justice without sacrifice."  Think about it.  What does that even mean?

Nothing except on this show when everyone has to sacrifice all the time.  Oliver's sacrifice will probably be to join the LoA to get justice for his city and Thea; EBR said something about Felicity what will Felicity sacrifice, her life?

Personally, I'm not big on the sacrificing and hair shirts stuff.  What will Ray sacrifice?  Anna?  Or Felicity?  Quentin has sacrificed his marriage and Sara twice (I wonder how he's going to feel when CL pops up on the spin-off). I guess Laurel sacrificed Tommy and Sara, but what is her justice?

I just have one question, what is the CW's obsession with sex and candles? If anyone took the time to light a bajillion candles and strategically place them all over the room before sex they'd be too tired for sex. "We only have 2 candles, I'll have to go out and buy more, we need at least 40 before the clothes can come off" Even the post apocalyptic world of The 100 found candles.  I would think the set people would hate sex scenes.

• Love 4

Maybe the branding of Oliver, overseen by a mystical priestess chanting ritual words, magically binds Oliver to become the new Ra's even if the old Ra's dies?  I mean, we know MG is bringing magic into the Arrrowverse.

Regarding that Olicity sex scene in the sizzle reel - I think it's going to be a very beautiful but sad scene.  They're in Nanda Parbat, Oliver has accepted the Ra's job, and Felicity & Diggle are leaving to return to Starling City the next day.  Knowing this is it for them, Felicity goes to see Oliver.  They have sex for the first and - they believe - last time. 

For some reason I thought of that old Lady Jane movie starring a young Helena Bonham Carter as 16-year-old Jane Grey and a young Cary Elwes as her 17-year-old husband Guilford.  There's this very heartbreaking scene of them the night before they're both scheduled to be executed.  They sit facing each other, half-naked, and tenderly caress and talk to each other, knowing it's their last time together on earth. 

Incidentally, the CW's latest Arrow promo tagline of "There is no justice without sacrifice."  Think about it.  What does that even mean?  

I get what you mean, I may have spent too much time scientifically studying the Olicity gifs, but there is the deliberate and controlled way Oliver removes Felicity's glasses and and she looks up at him that and you can see her trust in him. It is also shown when Oliver is removing her top, Felicity is letting control go to Oliver and then they flip it around, with the carrying and suddenly Felicity is driving. Oliver seems to be reverent on the bed but it's hard to tell with the faces sort of hidden...not that I'm complaining, between the butt grabbing and the pec grazing and the thigh stroking.

I really really hope there is a snuggle and talk scene afterwards, even if it doesn't end well. I want emotional intimacy as well.

I think it has always been a part of the 5 year plan that S3 Oliver will struggle with identity and his ties to Starling city and is mission. Standard Hero's journey stuff, allies turn against them, they make mistakes, they push away the ones that make them heroic and forget/question what they are fighting for. After the build up in a movie it last about 10 minutes, here it lasted about 7-8 episodes (depending on whether or not you count 3.16) and may still be dragged out longer. Hopefully the Olicity sex will be post turning point.

Making Ray a minister in 3.17 and inserting him into Diggle & Lyla's wedding is obnoxious if there is no pay-off later this season so I can understand wanting him to preform an Olicity ceremony, but does the wedding have to take place on the jet or after take off. He can still officiate the marriage and still be left behind in Starling City.

I can't buy into Ray's feelings as too deep since he seems to get into and over things quickly, also he knows what is up with Felicity and Oliver, and after the Team up he would be dumb if he does't realise that he is not a part of the love triangle.

I just have one question, what is the CW's obsession with sex and candles? If anyone took the time to light a bajillion candles and strategically place them all over the room before sex they'd be too tired for sex. "We only have 2 candles, I'll have to go out and buy more, we need at least 40 before the clothes can come off" Even the post apocalyptic world of The 100 found candles.  I would think the set people would hate sex scenes.

I agree, I become too obsessed about fire danger when it come to candles...not a fan.

I do give a pass to LOA candle sets, because after 3.18 I know this is how they roll. The brought their own braziers to Starling City for gods sake, obviously setting the mood is very important to Ra's.

• Love 7
(edited)

"Accept MG said the job is a till death one. Doesn't really matter if in real life you can abdicate those kinds of positions if the EP has determined you only get out by death."

Eh, whatever, doesn't worry me. Oliver's not going to die, obviously, and he's not going to be Ra's for the rest of the series. I don't even care if the sex scene is bittersweet, because they may think they'll never see each other again, but we know they will, within like an episode or two. And once all this crap is over, they'll be back to working together having had most likely awesome sex, which is a big step forward regardless.

Oh, also he's not Ra's at this point, he's just the Heir. The Heir is not until death, bc Nyssa got booted from being the Heir but nobody's trying to kill her. I actually think she'll end up killing Ra's, but regardless, I'm pretty serene about all this Ra's crap, because I'm like 95% sure it's almost over.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5
(edited)

If there was a five year plan for Oliver & his relationship with his love interest, and they're now repeating s1 for s3, what are they going to do about only have 2 seasons to do 4 years worth of plan?

7 'Arrow' Trailer Moments That Will Entice Olicity 'Shippers For The Final Episodes — VIDEO

I love it when male reviewers go all fangirly over Olicity.

It's not just the CW, it seems to be a standard trope these days for "True Love!"  I remember when I saw Monica surrounded by hundreds of candles as Chandler prepared to propose on Friends, I burst out laughing because it just seemed so cheesey.  Even worse when they did it on Keira Knightley's Pride and Prejudice because little tea lights would not have been the candles of choice for Elizabeth and Darcy, even if they did get together sexually.

On the other hand, maybe we should be glad that Oliver and Felicity are getting all the good romantic tropes, because they are The Real Deal..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I do think that Ray being OQ's electronic marionette will be an eye opening experience for Ray. I mean its one thing to know someone has feelings for another person, its another thing to bear witness to mutual feelings. But I still think it should be Felicity that breaks up with Ray. But yea, did feel bad for guy a smidgen for the first time during the car shot. I also thought that surprisingly BR looked really good in leather too. Note to spin-off costume dept, plz invest in leather jackets.

• Love 1
That's probably what MG meant when he said the episode was going to be very good and very bad for Olicity shippers.  Felicity gets her first kiss from Oliver as he's breaking up with her; and her first time making love with him as they are doomed to be apart.  Did MG grow up on a diet of tragic operas?

Uhm, wasn't it Felicity who "broke up" with him? I put that in quotes because they were never together so they couldn't really break up. She told him if they talked it was over. Oliver tried to talk. She was responding when Oliver interrupted her with a kiss and then she walked away, right? I really, really hope the sex is not a "this might be the last time we're together" kind of thing. I want it to be a celebration of them, of their love. Not something bittersweet. So, yeah, of course it probably be bittersweet. The eyeglasses scene looked very tender and sweet, but also sad.

The "justice without sacrifice" thing to me just sounds like somebody got really obsessed with the word justice this season. Because real justice isn't supposed to include sacrifice. Justice should be fair, if everything is fair, no sacrifice should be involved. But then again logic and "Arrow" don't mix well.

(edited)

Felicity said she had been avoiding talking to Oliver because when they talked, it was over, meaning that she knew that Oliver was going to break up with her after hearing him bench Diggle (as she cried in the foreground). So it wasn't that Felicity was the one who broke up with Oliver, it was that she was trying to stall him saying that they were a 'no go'. As long as he didn't say it using the words, she could pretend to herself that they were a possible.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Do we know if BR filmed for 3.20?

I'm wondering if the break up is at the begining of 3.20. That shot of BR leaning against the car looks like it could be at the hanger. They showed the shots of Ray and Laurel back to back (with the voiceover about Starling City) and I think its in the same area.

The sad shot of Ray leaning against his car in the sizzle reel.  I think 3x19, with Oliver and Ray teaming up will bring clarity to Ray to Felicity's real feelings.  AS IF RUNNING AWAY FOR JELLO DIDN'T. 

PERSONALLY, it would make Ray a lot more likable. 

Nope, for me both RP and LL are too far gone, nothing could make either of them more likable. Maybe if they'd both not been treated like teacher's pets to begin with, it could've been different but its too late now.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yeah, I really don't care if Ray has the sadz over Felicity.  15 minutes ago he was engaged to Anna, 10 minutes ago he yelled at Felicity for mentioning Anna, and five minutes ago he was demeaning Felicity.  He can go suck an egg, permanently.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 12

Dissects 7 moments from the sizzle reel (only 3 of them are Olicity-related)...

7 'Arrow' Trailer Moments That Will Entice Olicity 'Shippers For The Final Episodes — VIDEOhttp://www.bustle.com/articles/73879-7-arrow-trailer-moments-that-will-entice-olicity-shippers-for-the-final-episodes-video

4343b300-bbaa-0132-4594-0ebc4eccb42f.png

I have to lol because the writer still refers to sara as the bc. You can call Laurel bc on the show but it won't make anyone else accept her.

• Love 6

If there was a five year plan for Oliver & his relationship with his love interest, and they're now repeating s1 for s3, what are they going to do about only have 2 seasons to do 4 years worth of plan?

I think that if Laurel had worked out, she'd be getting both the "I cannot b with u because danger" and the "barreling headlong into danger trying to be a vigilante" storylines. And I think it would've come to a head in S3, because Marc said they always vaguely thought BC would happen in S3. Oliver would've had to do a lot of I cannot b with u before that.

So I imagine s4 was about the time they figured they'd let Oliver be with his LI. Which explains the accelerated schedule this season. I think they're probably back on track with his love life story arc.

• Love 6

I have to lol because the writer still refers to sara as the bc. You can call Laurel bc on the show but it won't make anyone else accept her.

I'm so jealous of Oliver in that shot lol

Regarding this other wedding we're getting this season, I've had this idea percolating in my mind for a while and I want to throw it out there just in case.

I keep thinking about how flashback!Oliver isn't as far along as I'd think he would be at this point. He's over halfway into his five years and he's still kind of bumbling and somewhat good-natured, so what turned him into the cold and hard vigilante from early season 1? Also, how do they get him to that point and then get him back to the island in time for his pick-up in two years? (Not impossible if that was all the show was about, but they have to tell that story all in short flashback bursts.)

My idea is that we see flashback!Oliver getting married. And that's pretty much it for this season. Then next season they back up a few months and see how it all happened - some Bratva bigshot's beloved daughter falls head over heels (and most likely Oliver too?), they marry, Oliver is put on the Bratva fast track and then she's killed (or dies, but I figure killing her would bring out revenge!Oliver and explain his decent into darkness much easier/faster than a drawn-out depression that leads to anger and lashing out at the world).

And that doesn't preclude a Felicity/Oliver marriage (a pet theory that quite a few seem fond of. And I might be as well if I trusted that it was done with the right mindframe and not "we'll give them a honeymoon period that lasts two episodes and then things start to fall apart"). In fact, it could be a good way to parallel a quickie marriage based mostly on lustful feelings to one where the couple have a depth of understanding and love that has been reached only after years of trust.

• Love 3

Maybe Oliver marries someone else?  Like the crazy lady in black? Some weird kind of arranged LoA marriage?  Think of the angst for Ollie and Felicity in season 4.  

It's not Arrow if Ollie's not angst-ing.

• Love 1

I think it would be way too soon.

They have known more about each other than pretty much anyone else in their lives since they met except maybe Diggle. They respect each other as friends and partners. They love each other. Their lives could end at any time because of what they do as part of Team Arrow. I see no reason for them to not get married. But that's just me :)

• Love 6

I can't imagine the EPs would let the two people in the star-crossed, will they/won't they, one step forward two steps back, slow burn romance marry each other anytime soon.

• Love 3

I think it'd be too soon too. I'd like them to talk first, sort out their more glaring issues, let the dust between them settle, and maybe get to know each other a little more (By this I mean I want Oliver to tell Felicity almost everything about his time away) before they get married for real. And when they do get married, I want it to be their choice and not someone forcing them to :) But yeah I don't think O/F are getting married this season. Not at all.

• Love 3

I'm not even thinking about an O/F marriage right now. I'm still sitting here like, "So when are they going to finish that date?"

Right? All this angst with only a 4 minute date?

...yes I did count.

• Love 6

I'm not even thinking about an O/F marriage right now. I'm still sitting here like, "So when are they going to finish that date?"

I think it officially ends when they finally bang :p It's their dessert after a particularly long meal.

• Love 6

I read that theory. what do you think?I see that something like this could happen (dont know if here is the right place to post it)

http://starlingsmoaked.tumblr.com/post/114691218632/arrow-season-finale-time-travel-lets-do-it

This theory is as outrageous as "all of it was a dream," but possibly less frustrating. If it were to happen, it would not allow for the spin-off in which Ray is already the Atom with a working suit.

All this wedding talk makes EBR "should have put a ring on it" even more amusing.

Who would have thought we would even be considering Oliver and Felicity getting married in this season? Still don't think its them but it is rather surreal. lol 

• Love 4

I don't think Oliver and Felicity are getting married at all. Oliver probably does, in some weird league marriage that we've never heard of as a rule until the last minute. I actually feel like Olicity just put all their feelings out in the open and spend one night together because of course they can't help it because they love each other but I don't think they'll be together officially.

But there was a bouquet ... that Felicity caught!

Why would they drop that hint if there was no wedding with Felicity being one of the persons getting married?

Maybe its Felicity that marries a random LOA member?

Trying to get my mind off the Olicity scene from the trailer, I was wondering about the remote control on the ATOM suit.

At first, I though it was because Ray does not know how to fight - and it's partly true, he doesn't. But I doubt he would handle the reins to his suit so easily.

I think that this is a safety mechanism, in case the wearer of the suit was unconscious - so when Ray gets knocked out by the meta human, Oliver can take over and fight. Which I think is what he does.

Also, notice in the scene when Palmer is high-fiving Grumpy Ollie, he's wearing the remote control - and the suit high-fives the air in the foreground (nice touch).

- - -

Now for the Olicity scene ;) I think it will be tied with Felicity saying "I don't want to be a woman you love" after her rant about Thea to Oliver. With Thea probably dead / dying / on her way to LP, Felicity can now see to what lengths Oliver is willing to go to save women he cares about. And she should bring that up in their Nanda Parbat conversation.

"I see what it means to be a women that you love."

And then Oliver takes off her glasses and actually shows her what it means :)

• Love 4

Also, notice in the scene when Palmer is high-fiving Grumpy Ollie, he's wearing the remote control - and the suit high-fives the air in the foreground (nice touch).

I swear I thought that was Diggle's hand getting ready to be high-fived, ahah. I need to rewatch the trailer-poor me!

And now I'm just going to leave this here for scientific purposes:

tumblr_nm7tjgPTos1r8a7afo2_500.gif

This shot. That face. Help.

• Love 3

I swear I thought that was Diggle's hand getting ready to be high-fived, ahah. I need to rewatch the trailer-poor me!

And now I'm just going to leave this here for scientific purposes:

tumblr_nm7tjgPTos1r8a7afo2_500.gif

This shot. That face. Help.

That's love lust desire GUH they better leave this scene unedited GD IT lol we deserve it ! Nothing in that scene looks too racy

• Love 1