Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville Spoilers and Speculation

(edited)

LOVING this season. Since Rayna and Deacon got together I have been a big mess, they're just perfect, and it's so good to see them dealing with Deacon's illness together and Deacon ending his self-destructive cycle now that he finally has the woman he loves by his side. The spoilers for the season finale have me all kinds of emotional - these next 2 episodes look amazing. 

I'm hoping that the talk that Rayna AND Deacon make a deal with the devil means that Deacon does know about the cheque and if Beverly turns up to serve her liver for dinner, that they both decide together to go ahead with the transplant despite her reluctance to save her own brother out of the goodness of her - apparently cold dead - heart. My prediction is that her heart is literally cold and dead in the cliffhanger but that we won't know whether it's her or Deacon. PLEASE let us have season 4 so we find out Beverly is toast and Deacon is happily - if guiltily - recovering up at the cabin with Rayna and their girls.  

Edited by Bellahhh
  • Love 2

In the promo for the season finale, they had an overhead shot of Deacon on an operating room table, with someone doing vigorous CPR.  So, at a minimum, there will be a close call in the operation. 

Beverly may be donating part of her liver, but she is up to no good! 

Thanks ARECA I can now go to bed and sleep peacefully knowing Nashville got renewed for a Season 4. Happy me. I get to see Rayna/Deacon married and happy together with the girls.

I get to see Rayna/Deacon married and happy together with the girls.

Your optimism is impressive considering that we haven't seen anyone on this show "happy together" 

• Love 2

Oh, just let them be happy for a while and worrying about Tandy.  They could be the stable center of all the turmoil around them.  I'll forgive a lot in the other romantic pairing and unpairings if Rayna/Deacon can be the proof of a happy ending!  -- and singing about it!  Come on, show, keep us hooked! 

• Love 2

I love Rayna's face at the end. She looks like she knows something very bizarre is afoot. Too bad her almost-husband is dying, or she could focus more on work! (I'd so love to see her focus more on work...)

• Love 1
(edited)

Looks like two new cast members are headed to Nashville.

A Male budding star, by the name of Markus, who will join Highway 65' and. Female media expert,,hired by Luke, to help manage the fall out, from Will's closet exit.

Filming is supposed to start, for Season 4, Mid-July!

Edited by pattycat

The article is on TV Line.

It sounds like the guy may become kind of a Thorne in Rayna's side. I wonder if the woman, I think her name is Gabrielle, is headed to love interest territory for Luke?

And, I agree, no more cast clutter!

Wondering, will we get a leap forward, at least a few weeks,maybe with flashbacks thrown in, when the show returns?

Neither one of them need to be a love interest for anyone. Do we really need to see Luke's new love story? Can't he just be the head of the rival label to Hwy 65? Hasn't he been around long enough? He was only supposed to be around for a short-term with Rayna and now we can't get rid of him. 

• Love 5
(edited)

$20 days this cocky Markus dude is going to try and make out with Rayna or something and Deacon will walk in at the wrong moment because no one ever can just be happy on this show.

Edited by airwair

I hope they don't go with Markus as any kind of a romantic obstacle. I wonder if the role has been cast, yet?

I think R/D will have plenty to deal with, without any more romantic obstacles, in their path!

(edited)

I don't have the link to the article, but I just saw on TV Line where they casted someone from True Blood as Markus and that he will be recurring ALL SEASON.

By all means, promote Layla and add on some other idiot. There's too much down time on the show and we need to fill up the time. :-/

Edited by airwair
  • Love 1

Riley Smith has been cast in the role

37 years old, and yes, he was on True Blood. Not familiar with him at all.

It sounds like he is going to develop into kind of an arrogant tool, so-sigh-I guess we'll see how it plays!

There's a casting call out for tomorrow (Monday, 8/24/15) for mourners, a hearse driver and a minister to perform a funeral.  I'm sure the promos (if any) will have us believe Deacon died, but I'm absolutely positive it's his sister (Scarlett's mother, Maddie's aunt) who died.

No big loss.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 1

Ok, I need talking off the ledge because I'm getting really worried that the show is actually going to kill off Deacon. Mounting evidence (some admittedly weak) below:

1. In the new promo Rayna looks awfully depressed which she would not be if it's Deacon's sister who died. I'm willing to chalk this one up to promo trickery though

2. On IMDB the title for episode 4.3 is How Can I Help You Say Goodbye. That title being for the third episode seems... ominous.

3. Also on IMDB, and the most worrisome on my list, Charles Esten is only listed as being in the first 3 episodes of the season. In comparison, Connie, Hayden, and Clare are all listed as being in all in season 4. Could it be that he shows up as a ghost or whatever to help Rayna "say goodbye", referencing back to the title of 4.3

4. Charles seems to always be performing somewhere rather than filming. This could mean nothing though.

I'm freaking out...send help.

PS - sorry for the lack of links, etc. The mobile version of the forum is not conducive to adding that stuff, or I just can't figure out how.

Cam, I think you'll be fine. I mean, what would they do with Rayna and no Deacon? More than half of the storylines in the show are in a depressing funk right now (Will's being an exception, but even that is on shaky ground). I couldn't imagine what direction they would take the show in if Deacon where to die. What would they do with Rayna, sneak another Liam in for her midseason? Deacon is the love of her life; I don't see them killing him off.

• Love 1

I'm not worried. Isn't Beverly's funeral in the fourth episode, hence the title? And Deacon buys a bar or something? Why do I think this??

Not to mention that Connie Britton said on some talk show, "They're not going to kill Deacon...come on! They'd kill me off before him." There's no way any showrunner who wanted to keep her job would kill off Deacon unless Chip Esten wanted to leave or got fired, neither of which seems plausible. He's the the only character that the audience consistently roots for.

• Love 1

Ok, I need talking off the ledge because I'm getting really worried that the show is actually going to kill off Deacon. Mounting evidence (some admittedly weak) below:

1. In the new promo Rayna looks awfully depressed which she would not be if it's Deacon's sister who died. I'm willing to chalk this one up to promo trickery though

2. On IMDB the title for episode 4.3 is How Can I Help You Say Goodbye. That title being for the third episode seems... ominous.

3. Also on IMDB, and the most worrisome on my list, Charles Esten is only listed as being in the first 3 episodes of the season. In comparison, Connie, Hayden, and Clare are all listed as being in all in season 4. Could it be that he shows up as a ghost or whatever to help Rayna "say .

The other thought that occurs to me is that Teddy might commit suicide rather than go to prison. Saying goodbye might be about Teddy's exit rather than Deacon's. IMDB is not reliable its edited by agents and fans it doesn't really mean anything.

The new Season 4 Poster is out.

Very nicely done and it features Rayna, Juliette AND Deacon.

So, unless Deacon is going to be playing a sexy Ghost, this Season----but, pretty sure he is alive and kicking!

Of course, that doesn't mean there won't be Drama!

I'm predicting that Beverly dies, and that Deacon either blames Rayna for first suggesting she do it or blames himself and punishes himself by distancing himself from Rayna. Possibly both. Either way that should provide the Deacon/ Rayna angst through November sweeps.

I vaguely remember the extras casting posting for funeral mourners for ep 3 or 4 and Clare instagramming a set photo that looked like she was in funeral garb.

I'm betting a lot of money on Beverly dying. I'm also irritated it's going to take so long.

• Love 1

But then we have a million episodes of mourning her and memorializing St. Beverly the Divine.

Not looking forward to it, especially with Daphne spiraling. There are about 50 other places Deacon could be than Mississippi and/or a bar.

How about our very own Sid Vicous coming onto the scene later on? That's going to be interesting.

Edited by airwair

Looked to me from the previews like he may be there next week, is that right?

Yep, I agree, I'm not excited to see the whole lengthy mourning process, especially since Deacon hadn't had much of relationship with Bev in a long time. But Mississippi is where she came from so he needs to do the things that need to be done - clean out her apartment, memorialize her with her friends, etc. That all makes sense to me. As does his feeling some guilt over the whole thing. Bev always believed she got the short end of the stick with him and music, and now here she is really getting it. Hopefully we'll have moved on somewhat by episode 7 - ugh, nearly 2 months is a long time. Deacon is like Pauline on this show - as in "The Perils of..."

I thought Deacon handled Daphne well last night, but yep, with those girls is where he should be especially with Rayna's renewed focus on work. 

Sid Vicious doesn't show up until episode 7. Not necessarily a new character. ;)

Deacon did handle Daphne well. He also looked really hurt which kind of broke my heart. I mean I get she's going through stuff but Deacon has been nothing but good to her.

Yes, Maddie took a lot of shit out on Teddy and pulled the "I'm gonna go live with my real dad" card, but Teddy was also an ass. He tried to stop her from seeing Deacon, tried to take away her music, etc. I've not seen any indication that Daphne should treat him like garbage other than her being a snot.

I definitely want them to have a good conversation later when he's done throwing himself at Bev's coffin.

Edited by airwair

I wouldn't mind Daphne being resentful of Deacon, but the Nashville writers seem to think kids express those kinds of feelings in only one way: bratty and rude. How about acting out at school, being sad, withdrawing from the family, lying, sneaking around, doing drugs, etc.? I expected all of that with Maddie, and some sex under the bleachers thrown in. But all we got was rude and snotty to everyone. Looks like we're in for a rehash now with Daphne.

I also felt like Maddie should have been more compassionate with the letter. Daphne is what...11? Maddie is 16. Will this show actually never let her mature? I thought she was going to be more grown-up after she saw how upset Daphne was, but no. They prefer cliche.

• Love 1

Sid Vicious doesn't show up until episode 7. Not necessarily a new character. ;)

Deacon did handle Daphne well. He also looked really hurt which kind of broke my heart. I mean I get she's going through stuff but Deacon has been nothing but good to her.

Yes, Maddie took a lot of shit out on Teddy and pulled the "I'm gonna go live with my real dad" card, but Teddy was also an ass. He tried to stop her from seeing Deacon, tried to take away her music, etc. I've not seen any indication that Daphne should treat him like garbage other than her being a snot.

I definitely want them to have a good conversation later when he's done throwing himself at Bev's coffin.

Now I'm confused by the Sid Vicious reference - not necessarily a new character? Enlightenment please?

You're right, Deacon's been nothing but kind to her for her whole life. But last season she wanted to move in with Teddy because she was feeling left out (which admittedly came out of left field) and now her Dad's in prison and she comes back down the stairs to Maddie hugging Deacon and calling him "Dad" after ripping up Teddy's letter. She lashed out a bit at Deacon, but I really think that's to be expected given the situation. Hopefully there will be some good moments between the two of them once Bev's wrapped up  - a good talk, a trip to the cabin, something special for just the two of them.

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind Daphne being resentful of Deacon, but the Nashville writers seem to think kids express those kinds of feelings in only one way: bratty and rude. How about acting out at school, being sad, withdrawing from the family, lying, sneaking around, doing drugs, etc.? I expected all of that with Maddie, and some sex under the bleachers thrown in. But all we got was rude and snotty to everyone. Looks like we're in for a rehash now with Daphne.

I also felt like Maddie should have been more compassionate with the letter. Daphne is what...11? Maddie is 16. Will this show actually never let her mature? I thought she was going to be more grown-up after she saw how upset Daphne was, but no. They prefer cliche.

Well, we did get shirts off at Deacon's house, does that count? ;)

I agree with you on the Maddie comment though. Even if she's not feeling it with Teddy, she's old enough to be respectful of her sister's feelings. Daphne's desperate for some connection to her own Dad right now, surely she can identify with that.

And honestly I had a little trouble with Rayna marching both girls off to see Aunt Bev in her coma at the hospital before school. Neither one of them knew Bev for long and she's not even related to Daphne. Does an 11-year-old have to be subjected to visiting an unrelated coma patient every morning?

• Love 1

But then we have a million episodes of mourning her and memorializing St. Beverly the Divine.

Not looking forward to it, especially with Daphne spiraling.

Still better than Rayna offering Bev a vanity contract. Not only would that go on for a whole season, Bev would only be bitchier as she comes to terms with the fact that she hasn't got the chops.