Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville Spoilers and Speculation

Is it wrong to hope that spoilers will show Layla and Jeff together? What else is there for the two characters to do other than each other?

They could die in a fire :)

No, seriously though. I like Jeff. He's a good antagonist as long as they don't go totally overboard with the moustasche twirling. That said I really don't want the show to go Maoist Rehabilitation on his ass. Layla, however, is a pestilence for this show. It wouldn't be so bad if she was relegated to a minor role but here we have a "recurring" character, with an average voice and a mediocre story arc, getting half the new song material over people who would actually be able to do anything useful with it. They have gone mad.

Still if she has to be on the show I sort of prefer her with Jeff, so I guess I agree with you after all.

Edited by Telepath
  • Love 2

That will be the only storyline for Layla I think I would enjoy, jeff falling in love w Layla lol.. I like Jeffs role also, he doesn't bother me he's always been in good roles, well the Teddy hooker thing eh but that was more Teddy lol. Oh forget it I'll be honest I can't wait to see how Deacon and Rayna play out and I need a better gunner storyline that kid stuff was so boring..

My greatest fear....Avery has a bit of a pattern of

1. More passion about what he doesn't have e.g. no jealousy about Juliette and Charles (2x19 bath tub scene), but fiercely wanting to protect Scarlet from Charles.

2. Being totally sexist about Juliette paying for things, and maybe about her making more money than he does.

He and Juliette are doomed. I give them 5 episodes.

Suddenly depressed. I'm a Castle refugee. PLEASE Nashville showrunners. Don't make me hate you too!

My guess is that since Juliette and Avery got married so hastily that we will see them fighting to stay married, maybe vacillating between things going great and then both of them reverting to their old patterns when there's a rough patch. I could see them being married for a bit, getting a divorce, getting back together, multiple times as long as the show is on.

Plus, Juliette will most likely be quite insecure about their marriage, wondering if Avery only married her because of the baby or if he really loves her.

Okay, can I start off the New Year with a spoiler that Rayna goes up to the cabin to talk to Deacon, he went there to get away from telling her that he's ill. It's just the two of them at the cabin and the word is she found out that he sick and goes there to talk to him.
Anyone have any other spoiler?

I did hear she is there but w your spoiler now I know why ty : ) also we know they perform at the Opry yes we get a Deacon and Rayna song, the girls will be there wonder if they are also singing Hmm. Oh and best of all in the audience is Luke. I did get one line from the cabin scene and I guess Deacon is chopping wood and she walks up and asks if he's going to keep ignoring her something like that. Anything else anybody?

I wasn't sure if this should go in the Media thread or on here but Kyle Dean Massey (another Broadway vet) has been cast in Nashville as an openly gay singer/songwriter. How much do you want to bet that Will at least hits on him if they don't actually hook up because Will tries to hit on pretty much any guy at this point? They haven't done much with Laura Benanti but that's because she distracts. I hope they'll use Kyle's character in a way that props up Will's story since Layla/Will is just depressing and messy right now.

Based on some of the above posts, looks like they won't drag the 'secret' of Deacon's illness too long. Good. From some of the episode guides to E11 that are posted,  looks like Juliette and Avery will get a few episodes of happiness (and provide some comedy). Thinking TPTB will  start breaking them up toward the end of this season just as Deacon/Rayna and Scarlett/Gunnar start getting back together. Isn't the 'hot doctor' going to be on in episode 11? Thought maybe he'd be Deacon's doctor and a potential love interest for Scarlett- but maybe he's going to be Layla's doctor? Wonder if they'll create some sort of professional competition between Juliette and Sadie? Looking forward to Juliette being more prominent in the plots coming up.

Deacon is at an AA meeting it looks like to me, shows some old pics of D&R singing at the bluebird, also Reyna looks upset and Maddie asks her why she can't tell her something.. I don't think its about Deacon though only because I don't think Reyna knows until after the performance at the opry..

I'm really pissed watching Episode #11 third time, pausing it and going back over and over scenes with Deacon, Scarlett (it's so touching to watch them on how much they care for each other and she really loves him and boy is she going to make sure nothing happens to him) and Rayna and then the promo for next week which says "Sometimes true love comes too late" what the hell does that mean..Is Nashville trying to tell us something because if Deacon dies that's the end of Nashville for me.

I was on another forum and read Deb Forham wrote episode #11 which was very telling since Rayna admitted to Deacon that she's been IN LOVE with him since the first day they met. A poster wrote that Deb writes the best episodes for D/R but said that she can't write every episode and my question is WHY NOT? Why can't she be the lead, head writer because if we're ever going to get to see Deacon and Rayna back together in an adult relationship before this series is cancelled (Will they get a season 4) it's going to be Deb Forham writing those episodes. Maybe that's why sometimes episodes are all over the place is because the writers don't talk, communicate with each other. I want to see Deacon/Rayna back together not right away but how long can they keep them apart before his illness takes a turn for the worst. Dumping on you guys sorry...

its in I get annoyed sometimes myself w some of the writers. There's the guy I forget his name but I think he's writing the next one and he's horrible, there's a couple of them that I think are awful and should never ever write another episode. I wish Deb can write them all.. I'm pretty sure there will be a season 4 even a Rep for the abc said the show is very important to the network, but Nashville the city funds some of it and the station as well so probably just figuring all that out. As for Deacon and Rayna im pretty sure she doesn't find out for a few more episodes, and then goes to the cabin.

So upcoming eps they sing at the opry Deacon and Rayna and Teddy and luke are in the audience and after Deacon goes off to his cabin and Ryna goes there looking for him, and that's when she finds out he's sick, I believe. Not sure how she finds out. Not sure if he ends up telling her at the cabin or if something at the opry happens anyway she will know by I think 316 but who knows that's what I get from adding up all the spoilers. anyone knows anything else???

Oh and I hate that they have Deacon a knocking on deaths door cancer, I keep trying to look at the bright side, like lots if good Deacon material and lots of D&R scenes coming up, and while all that's good, they give him cancer I mean come on lol, finally Luke is gone, finally Rayna admits her love for him, they can finally be together, but no they give him cancer..

Not sure how she finds out. Not sure if he ends up telling her at the cabin or if something at the opry happens anyway she will know by I think 316 but who knows that's what I get from adding up all the spoilers. anyone knows anything else???

I've read that the two of them will tell the girls in 317. I've also read somewhere that the tumor hasn't grown beyond the 4 cm mark at the next check up around the same time.

Haha, I've been wondering how Sadie's ex abuser story could connect with everything out and that's genius!!!!  He'll be an organ donor and the show will have magical abilities to put Deacon at the very top and the dead abuser will just so happen to be the perfect match and everyone will live happily ever after. love it!

• Love 2

It's the river house Deacon bought for Rayna and then kept after they split up. I believe it's on the Cumberland River.

Thanks for the reply.  I wish the show would be more specific, as the Cumberland River runs right through the middle of Nashville the city.  Could be anywhere, I guess.

I think we all know that but the BIG question is who is going to be Deacon's donor????

My prediction is for his sister, Scarlett's mother, whose character name I can't remember. There's a reason Scarlett called her at the end of the episode. Plus she's a fairly disposable character, as opposed to Maddie or one of the other regulars, and it would still make for some drama given the things she's done in the past. It could be a gesture of atonement, or a way to make people feel sorry for her--the melodrama potential is unlimited!

Edited by kirinan

I thought of Beverly also cause siblings are the best match but was shot down on that idea on another site because Scarlettes blood type is AB- and I guess that means there's no way her Mom is O. Not a big biology buff but several said there's no way lol.

Did you guys see the sneak peeks for this week? Oh, Rayna, but you ARE an emotional wreck. That's OK!

Also, the description for 213 mentions Deacon looking into a clinical trial for an alternative treatment. Of course! The magical clinical trial. Damn, we should have thought of that.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

Casting Call for Thursday .....

CIVIL SERVANT WORKERS with DARK SEDAN type cars: male and female, age range 22-65, conservative, businesslike, MUST have a darker color (black, brown, navy blue, dark gray) sedan type vehicle that could possibly be an unmarked police car (*please specify year,make,model,color when submitting)

DETECTIVES: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 30-65, clean-cut, conservtive, professional, MUST have business attire

UNIFORMED COPS: male, all ethnicities, age range 22-55, clean-cut, conservative, fit, short hair, average build, prefer those with law enforcement or military experience but not required

LAWYERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 26-65, conservative, upscale, professional, MUST have business attire

PRISONERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 20-70, variety of types, MUST be comfortable being put in handcuffs!

I love the last line!!

Any speculation on who's being tailed and who gets in trouble?

Saw the clip between Beverly, Scarlett and Deacon telling her Deacon has liver cancer, and he needs a transplant, boy is Beverly a cold hearted bit h. Didn't ask any questions, how do you feel, when did you find out, what's going to be done but only is that why you had me come to Nashville the answer is no.

My guess is that Maddy donates part of her liver because she is Deacon'a daughter. Possibly a match?

Deacon will never allow it and neither would Rayna. She's too young but it's going to be interesting to see if Beverly is a match??? I still vote for Sadie's ex after she shoots him breaking into her house.

• Love 1

Did I just miss something lol did mommy dearest tell Deacon to shove it and his Cancer oh she's a peach, she can't be a match in real life anyway but in TVland she wad and didn't, or didn't even find out if she was a match?

Also, wth Rayna!!!!! Flashbacks again of D/R smiles hugs cuteness and singing then blam drunk disturbing painful memories Urrr she better fly back to him sooner than later before she's on my list. She was just over there saying she loved him don't tell me this is a set back for D/R??

I don't think it's a setback, just processing on her part. That's why she needed the time, to reconcile the good with the bad that comes with loving Deacon. 

We did find out that Bev was initially a match, which made her a candidate to move on to the second round of testing. There's no way in the real world that she could possibly be a match if her bio daughter is AB. Don't know if that was a mistake on the writers part of if Scarlett really isn't her kid, LOL! I figure the writer of the previous episode just picked a non-matching blood type for Scarlett without investigating.

Maybe Sadie can shoot her husband, and as he's dying he tries to redeem himself for being a wife-abusing punk by donating his liver to Deacon.

Seriously, I think the drama will be Beverly coming back and going through with the donation. Maybe she'll die in the process (there is some risk, after all) and we won't have to see her again.

Don't know if that was a mistake on the writers part of if Scarlett really isn't her kid, LOL! 

Maybe Deacon is really Scarlett's father and he finds out like he did with Maddie.  Maybe Luke is really Deacon's son as well.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 2