Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville Spoilers and Speculation

Question:  Without Jason's DNA, how do they know he's Micah's biological father?

He must be a 25% match.

Brothers, sisters, and parents are 50% matches. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, half-siblings, and double first cousins are 25% matches. Uncle is by far the most likely, given what we know about Gunnar's family.

Edited by huahaha

Thanks for explaining DNA to me.  I haven't read that chapter yet.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a rash prediction.  Before Maddie & Daphne sang their wedding present, Maddie said she wrote it with her dad.  People assumed she meant Deacon.  I think she meant she wrote it with Teddy and that's why she texted him right after.  I had already noticed Maddie had been calling Deacon "Deacon" instead of dad recently and she's always called Teddy "Dad".  

So when Rayna finds out about this, she'll soften toward Teddy and he's quite obviously jonesing for a woman to spend time with, as long as she doesn't cost anything, and they'll decide ... for the girls ... to give it another go.

If I'm right, I'll expect accolades and applause.

Some are agog at Maddie & Daphne's attitude about their mother signing on for another 6 months. Here's what I think about that: I think Luke has been telling the girls that their mother deserves to "follow" or "chase" (can't remember which one) her dreams and that they'd be selfish to deprive her of that.  Daphne said to her mother that they didn't want to keep her from that and honestly, her saying that sounded way weird and out of place.  I can understand a parent saying that to their child, but not the other way around.

Well, that and the horse.

• Love 2

I can see Rayna with Glenn before going back to Teddy lol just sayin her one true love is Deacon if anything she will be alone for a while, especially when Deacon makes it clear he can't keep doing this w her but of course will always love her, his illness will play a big roll in him pushing her away and I think last convo by his house about the RS article really changed things.

Oh Lordy, I hope neither Rayna nor Teddy would be dumb enough to reconcile. Their chemistry was so lacking I thought for the longest time we were going to find out it had been an arranged marriage or something.

• Love 2

Lol!!!!!!!! It was awful wasn't it? Luke wasn't as bad, but I think that's because Her chemistry with Deacon was so strong how could anything compete. Then this season each show I felt it's coming soon and it finally did. Let's see what happens because Dee Johnson said in an article about now (finally)exploring where Deacon is at and Rayna at right now and where that can land.

I never saw any real chemistry between Rayna and Luke, either, and towards the end, it was almost embarrassingly cringeworthy.

That rehearsal dinner----give me a break. If the celebrity Bride To Be was actually acting that cool, and clearly uncomfortable, on the Eve of her wedding, who wouldn't have noticed it? And such a bad sign, if the Man you're supposed to marry was oblivious to it! Did he know her at all?

Ray and Teddy, though! I couldn't believe they would have had a second date, much less a marriage of, what, a dozen years! If it was revealed that Deacon was also Daphne's Dad, I would have totally believed it? Did Rayna and Teddy ever have sex, during the time we saw them together? I think, Teddy did once comment on their lack of Boudoir romps :-)

I hope Dee Johnson keeps to what she said about Deacon/Rayna "Finally exploring where Deacon is at and Rayna at right now and where that can land." I wouldn't complain the least if they took the rest of season 2015 to work on working out their problems, and not reverting back to their old ways, try even dating each other (no sex, I don't know if I can take that myself) but start out slow, working on a relationship, working togerher again writing music, making sure this time this is the relationship they both want and deserve, a true loving relationship with a family they both want.

I don't think Luke knew her at all or ever tried to know her as a person. He was happy and satisfied because he WON her from Deacon and Deacon lost. He wanted her to love him as much as she loves Deacon and that wasn't ever going to happen. He just couldn't deal with Deacon being around because he saw the looks they gave each other ( as one poster put it those two even have eye sex) and they weren't the looks she gave Luke. He was all about publicity invading his private life in every aspect, talk about being a publicity whore. Tim and Faith sitting at the bridal table leaving family out what normal person thinks that way.

Never thought Tandy would be the one to say the most important words Rayna needed to hear "Go for Love" I think those were the words. Thanks Tandy....

Luke was such a total Asshole jerk, at the beginning of the Episode.  Bringing Deacon on stage to sing Ball and Chain, then being sure to announce that the next time he was back in Memphis, it would be with his Wife, Rayna Jaymes, "In Tow"(like she's one more of his acquistions, a possession)!  And making a point of telling everybody, in front of Deacon, that, he had to get back to Nashville, HE, had people waiting for him!

Again, did Luke know Rayna so little, that he didn't pick up, on how clearly uncomfortable and troubled, she was, at the rehearsal dinner, in fact, all thru the Episode.  Or did he pick up on it and just not care, he was about to win his "his prize". 

It's always made me a little nuts, when posters have said that Luke is the "good guy" that's always been there for Rayna, when Deacon let her down, and he's loved her for years.   

When we first met Luke, he was clearly interested in Rayna, at the Polo Match, but, I got the feeling he knew Deacon, better than Rayna.  We had no reason to think that Luke/Rayna, had more than a casual acquaintance; kind of a two people, in the same industry, that ran into each other now and then, over the years, but, not even, really a friendship.  At the PM, I got the impressison that Luke was seeing a beautiful, talented woman, that, he'd always thought was hot, now they're both single, why not go for a fling. 

After Nashville decided to keep Will, we got this backstory, of his having always been into Rayna, stepping up to the plate, when Deacon disappeared, wishing Rayna would see him, instead. 

OK.  But, even so, we saw ONE, instance of him filling in for Deacon.  Never any indication that he was in their band or toured with them and was often filling in.  So, how in the world, does that translate to him always being there for her?  

And he'd loved her for years? Let's see, Rayna was with Deacon for 11 years. She certainly didn't have a relationship with Luke then. Right after Deacon, she dated and married Teddy.  No relationship with Luke then. 

Luke was married, admitted he'd had other relationships, over the years.  Were we supposed to believe that he was secretly pining for Rayna, a woman he didn't even really know, all that time?  That's not love, that's infatuation.   

Deacon, had the memories of an 11 year relationship with a Woman that he loved deeply and who felt the same way about him. Two people who knew each other better than anyone else, on the planet. Whether it might have been healthier for him to move on, or not, at least, he was holding on to something that had been real.

I always felt that Luke was far  more in love with the idea of Rayna, of Luke and Rayna, Super Couple, than he was, with Rayna herself.

• Love 5

Pattycat -- I needed that little uplift and everything you stated is so true. Luke was infatuated with Rayna for years, ever since the ride on the Ferris Wheel when she couldn't stop talking about Deacon even when he was drunk, because she was so in love with Deacon she never gave Luke the time of day. At the Polo Match he asked Deacon if they were together and he said no, so he thought this is the time I will try my luck, and she fell for it hook line and sinker. I wasn't happy how long they stretched these two out but the end result, getting dumped the day of the wedding made my day. Some posters said that wasn't right for her to do that but that was the best time to put that egoistical jerk he is in his place for everyone to see and hear... 

I hated how he constantly rubbed Deacon noise in his relationship with Rayna but I am so happy it turned against him big time.

• Love 1

Oh it was so clear on Deacons face how much he hates singing ball and chain w Luke. Also, Luke did more than enough to rub it in Deacons face every single chance he got, this was worse than Teddy. For Deacon to have to tour w the man who is marrying & having sex w his true love is torture!! It was bad enough Rayna turned Deacon down and Deacon told her "we're in love w each other and it doesn't matter what you tell yourself or him" and that was obvi so true wasn't it. As if Lukes torture wasn't enough he had to endure Rayna w the RS article and their constant faces all over the place.. I'm just not too sure how Deacon will take Rayna just showing up at his door step especially after a last min wedding call off, his medical issues he is facing, Luke that day storms over and Deacon has to physically fight the guy (btw yay Deacon for kicking his ass), now the end of the night here is Rayna at his doorstep. Oh let's not forget a couple weeks prior she tells him to shove it up his ass lol. I am betting She won't come over to dive into his arms but will come over w complete remorse and to explain herself, I just don't think Deacon is going to pour his heart out to her anytime soon, and more than likely will push her away. So they say. I also hope they slowly get back to where they were, because their bond is there but too much has gone on.

Ok so personally my fav episodes are in season 1.. I loved all their interactions and the bond that was so clear and when they finally got together loved all of that. Then they had to go ruin it lol..

Again, 4 episodes of Deacon and Rayna together and 25 of Ruke, I want the writers to redeem themselves big for making me suffer like that.

• Love 1

Rayna and Deacon have the worlds worst timing.

They also are desperately in need of a class on basic communication skills. Never mind falling into each other's arms, until you learn to talk AND listen to each other!

Sex is the easy part, but, it also complicates things, and they don't need more complications.

Baby steps R/D! OK maybe not baby steps! We don't want them going on their first "make up date", as Season 4 ends!

• Love 1

Omg I know they do have bad timing but mayne for once the writers can have them actually work together through difficult times, we r yet to see that. They run away from each other always, can we for once see a team? Yes but I agree that shouldn't happen right away but also shouldn't take til the last episode of the season. Jeez these two..

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm hoping for 3.14 or 3.15 for her to find out, and then they can move from there. I hope Rayna won't take "no" for an answer because you just know he's not going to want to accept her help at first - not to mention telling Maddie - he's not gonna want to do that either.

I think his illness will make Rayna realize a lot when it comes to them being "us" and goodness will she finally get over 15yrs ago when he was a drunk, he's made great strides since then, she needs to see him for the man he is now, not then. She knows she couldn't marry Luke because she doesn't love him like she loves Deacon but also her life of media and the girls also, but at least she realizes that she keeps making mistakes. Yeah he is certainly not going to want anybody caring for him.. It will be interesting to see where they're going w their story.

Deacons been paying a life sentence for his previous years of drinking, I kinda don't like how the writers keep going back to how his life can't be good because of his past, jeez 14yrs ago w one slip up, they should more show how that's a success to remain sober not a life sentence but it's TV land so Lol. It's one of those things of what are we learning? Anyone w a troubled past can never have a good life?

I'm not really into celebrity gossip or whatever but I did see that HP had her baby. Anyone know what this means for the show?

Oh I think that means she will be back to filming when she is able. They show runner said it all depends on when she is able to get back to working.

• Love 1

I read and Open Letter someone wrote about the 8 things that Nashville series should due.  Titled - Tough Love  Very interesting and if the series writers in anyway followed some of the steps, they just might take us back to what Nashville was in Season 1,  interesting story line, interesting characters, great music, written and sung by the characters we all fell in love with. Could the writers be that imaginative by giving us the rest of Season 3, as good as Season 1 was. Let's hope for a miracle...

I'm guessing that Layla is not dead.

She looked dead, but I'll go out on a little limb and say she is not.

Dee Johnson had said that Will Chase, isn't going anywhere, so what do you think his storyline will be, for the rest of the season?

Will Luke be vengeful, will he decide he still wants Rayna, humiliation or not? Will he find a Rayna replacement?. Or will he just be off on tour?

Edited by pattycat

I'm guessing that Layla is not dead.

She looked dead, but I'll go out on a little limb and say she is not.

Dee Johnson had said that Will Chase, isn't going anywhere, so what do you think his storyline will be, for the rest of the season?

Will Luke be vengeful, will he decide he still wants Rayna, humiliation or not? Will he find a Rayna replacement?. Or will he just be off on tour?

If Layla isn't dead, she is kind of a threat because she has enough information to ruin Jeff and Will at this point. It's kind of hard imagining her just picking up her life and going on. She could certainly blackmail Jeff into letting her out of her contract, if she wants, paying her off, facilitating a divorce from Will, etc. etc.

I don't Luke would ever try to win Rayna back now that he's been publicly humiliated by her. He's all about appearances. Plus whatever suspicions he had about her not loving him that much/still wanting Deacon etc. have been concerned. To Rayna's credit, I don't think she'd go down that road again either. If she has any sense she'll stay out of relationships for a good long while.

I see Luke being vengeful. I think he is a sneaky bastard, and if he chooses he could sabotage her in subtle or obvious ways. Since this show doesn't like subtle, I expect something obvious.

• Love 2

If Dee has stated that Will Chase isn't going anywhere soon then maybe they will finally get to show us just how vengeful he can be not only to Rayna but he will go after Deacon double time because Deacon won Rayna back. He will probably team up with Jeff to bring her Highway 65 label down showing her just who she's dealing with. Bring back Watty White because Rayna's going to need his help in taking down both Luke and Jeff.

Want Rayna to stay away from Deacon for a while (did I just say that, can't believe I said it) so she can figure out just what she wants her life to be and if it's with Deacon, like she said back in Season 1, let's take it slow. They can take the rest of season 3 to bring them back together as long as they are going to do it with a wedding at the lake house. I have alway love watching them banter back and forth, argue with each other but they always felt that they had each others back and they always did. He was always straight forward with her telling her things she sometimes didn't want to hear but she knew Deacon was honest and never jealouse of her fame. I hope they don't screw the rest of season 3 up, please writers go back and look at season 1, half of season 2 and give us back the Nashville we (I) loved watching.

I agree but I don't think a wedding would be in the works this season but maybe an engagement but not a big fast crazy wedding like w luke.. I agree take it slow and I think the writers will do that. Dee said in an article that Rayna has finally realized her mistakes, which is finding these Teddys and Lukes and also she said they're going forward now w where rayna is at where Deacon is at and where that can land.. Let's just hope they're able to make all those crazy cliff hangers the start of some good stuff!! Deacon is going to hide his illness and isn't rushing to a dr it seems, like when Scarlette said just make the appt for more tests, so as of now he thinks he has a death sentence pretty much, but he will eventually fight. I wonder how Rayna will find out? Will he blurt it out in one of their little arguments, or will Scarlette see what he's doing and tell Rayna he needs her cause he won't fight, hmmm..

Think Scarlette will have to do something if Deacon starts closing up and pushing everyone away and doesn't go to the dr to fight for his life and it may be telling Rayna

• Love 1

Oh, I think it is going to be Scarlett who tells Rayna something like, don't give up on him and he needs you now more than ever. She won't come right out and say what's wrong with Deacon, but she will give little hints. Scarlett as timid as she is, she can be very bossy remember when Deacon busted his arm in the accident and he didn't want to go to the dr's she told him straight out we're going right now you don't have a choice. I wish we could get that spunky Scarlett back she was tough when she had to be.

Yes that makes total sense actually because more than likely she is going to overhear when Rayna goes over to Deacons like in the promo, and I think Rayna isn't going to just try to get back w Deacon but I think she will tell him she loves him, sorry, and why she didn't marry luke, and Deacon Will push her away, Scarlette hear him push her away. I think w his illness we will get that spunky Scarlette back and also she's finally getting back on stage, so she's kinda growing.

I also wonder about the tour.

First, Rayna and Luke had separate tours. Then Rayna came up with the Honeymoon Tour.

No wedding, no Honeymoon. But, do they not still have a year's worth of venues expecting both Luke Wheeler and Rayna Jaymes?

I don't know how far out they sell tickets, but there are bound to be some venues, that have already been advertising, promoting, selling tickets for the Honeymoon Concert.

I wonder how that impacts Rayna and Highway 65?. Would they be legally vulnerable, for cancelled appearances?

So did Layla consciously try to kill herself or was that an accident??

Well, she would have been very much under the influence of the alcohol and drugs, so even if she was somewhat conscious, I don't think she was responsible for what she was doing. Not sure if that counts as accidental or not.

Oooooooh, they put out a casting call for people to work as FBI agents.  Wonder what that's all about?

Also, the following casting call is interesting:

*PHOTO DOUBLE*:

'JULIETTE' PREGNANT DOUBLE: female, Caucasian, age range 20-40, height range 4'11"-5'2", blonde or very light brown hair, MUST be approximately 8 months pregnant (can be less if you are are showing with a very large belly). THIS WILL BE A SHOWER SCENE - you would need to be in flsh colored panties and implied nudity. Should be comfortable showing pregnancy stomach and other (PG-13) body parts. May also be needed for other non-shower scenes as a very pregnant 'Juliette'.

FWIW, I think Layla's dead. 

Hmm FBI could be for Layla, does she not survive and the suspect foul play, or she does survive and is on a coma and they don't know what happened to her since she can't talk, hmmm?? Maybe Sadies husband he seems pretty shady..

I don't think they'd bring in the FBI for Layla's death or near-death unless it was by a terrorist or something.  People OD and/or drown every day without the FBI coming in.

But you might be on to something with Sadie.  Maybe she's an FBI agent or some such stupidity.

They DID say they want them to be "classic military type FBI" so maybe it's related to the military in some way.  Or maybe Micah disappears and the grandparents accuse Gunner.  I'm just guessing here.

Also, Rayna is going to be auditioning a bunch of guys for her Highway 65 label:

MUSICIANS: MALE ONLY (we are NOT looking for any female musicians!), all ethnicities, age range 18-80, variety of types to include: "Bro Country" types, Old School Bluegrass Guys, Cowboy Country Stars, Trucker types, "Down Home" Country types, Florida Georgia Line types, Tattooed Rocker types, Rockabilly Pompadour types, Country "Bieber" types. You will NOT be performing at all! The scene takes place in Rayna James' (Connie Britton) record label where she is interviewing/auditioning new male acts for her label. It will be a 'look' only.

Finally, they want somebody to be a producer of a radio show.  No idea who this would be; I doubt it's big enough for Luke.

Well there's a spoiler out that Sadie did something she doesn't want Rayna to know about. My guess is her and Pete committed some kind of crime and he's holding it over her head. I would guess the military stuff is def related to Pete judging from his buzzcut hair and that green army jacket.

I bet u Layla is in a coma then.. Oh and yay Rayna is back to focusing on the music and hwy65 and not making big media splashes. I read a spoiler about Deacon working w an artist at hwy65, and also Rayna and Sadie having words about something Rayna finds out when she performs w the girls at the bluebird, no sign of Deacon being there for that, but here Rayna goes to her car to gather herself after whatever goes on between her and Sadie. lol this is Nashville Sadie has to cause some drama..

I'm inclined to think that the FBI will be about the Gunner/Micah story. Perhaps the grandparents take him back or Gunner 'kidnaps' him to hold onto him?

Does that pregnant Juliette double suggest some Juliette/Avery shower sexy times? Because I'm down with that.

Edited by Dandesun

If Layla lives, I think her character will stay around for at least the rest of the season. Otherwise, what purpose does her survival serve?

I am wondering if ultimately she winds up on Hwy 65 as another 'refugee' from the big label part of the industry. Then again, I wonder if Will will get outed and be dropped by Edgehill and wind up at Hwy 65.

In related news, looks like the show's casting a love interest for Will.  Per TVLine:

Any scoop on Nashville? —Suzanne
Will’s about to find out that being gay and a popular country music artist don’t have to be mutually exclusive. The ABC soap is casting the recurring role of Kevin Shay, an openly gay singer-songwriter who is one of the most successful in all of Nashville. Kevin is described as handsome, tough — a “man’s man.” Which we think is code for “Will’s new man.”

If I can't have Brent (BRENT!), this at least sounds promising.

Edited by TeeVee329

If Layla lives, I think her character will stay around for at least the rest of the season. Otherwise, what purpose does her survival serve?

I'm betting she'll have some long term damage from the OD/drowning and her purpose will be guilt because Nashville can't get enough manpain.  The damage may not be permanent, but it'll require extensive rehab of one sort or another.

• Love 1

I read a spoiler ... and also Rayna and Sadie having words about something Rayna finds out when she performs w the girls at the bluebird, no sign of Deacon being there for that, but here Rayna goes to her car to gather herself after whatever goes on between her and Sadie. 

I posted that spoiler because I was a background actor that day and got to witness this happen.  We couldn't hear what was said between them, unfortunately.

Does that pregnant Juliette double suggest some Juliette/Avery shower sexy times? Because I'm down with that.

I really doubt it.  If the body double was going to interact with one of the main stars, it would have said so.  I can't imagine an 8-months-pregnant woman just off the street (so to speak) having such an intimate and involved scene.  Still, it'd be nice!  But how exciting for whomever gets this part.  If anybody's interested, this person will get $250 for 8 hours of work.

Oh ok, did it look heated or just eh a little disagreement? I can't imagine what they would be arguing about can't be her being w Luke or Deacon I'm sure lol, hmm maybe hiding something from Rayna like all Sadies songs were indeed cowritten w her ex hubby and now Hwy65 is also in a pickle, hmm..

I wish we had more Deacon & Rayna spoilers but seems most everything w Those 2 are really hush because I can't find anything..

So do we think Layla is dead?  Or is this a fakeout like Will standing in front of that train last year?

There is absolutely no way they will ever let us get rid of the Scourge of Nashville. She'll be around to stink out every episode and steal all the songs from more deserving people, count on it.

role of Kevin Shay, an openly gay singer-songwriter who is one of the most successful in all of Nashville

A super-successful singer-songwriter who lives in the same town and runs in the same professional circle as the entire premise of the show - who neither we nor Will has heard of until now? Yeah, that's believable [eyeroll]

Edited by Stella MD
  • Love 2