Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville Spoilers and Speculation

Hey all, TWOP refugee here.

In terms of spoilers -- we have Luke's military accident and Scarlett-related discord between Avery and Juliette.

Let's get the speculation going here! What do you think is in store for Will (suicide attempt?), Deacon (maintained sobriety?), Scarlett (inpatient hospitalization?), Juliette (continued maturity?), Jeff (goes to work for Rayna's label?), Zoe (leaves town?), Gunnar (bicuriousity? I wish) and Rayna (lots of Emmy bait crying between the issues with her daughter and the soon to be temporarily disabled Luke?).

Jeff approaches Teddy in a bar and says he wants to sign Maddie after seeing the video.  Teddy is NOT happy.

Deacon goes to an AA meeting.  I'm hoping he does this instead of drinking again.

There's going to be some kind of fancy schmancy fundraiser.  Am pretty sure this is for Rayna.

That's all I know for now!

(edited)

Total guesses here, with about four episodes left in the season:

Layla eventually figures it out. SHE tries to commit suicide, then outs Will. 

Gunnar buys the house we saw at the end of last ep. Then he repeats and proposes to Zoe as a way to convince her to stay in Nashville. 

Avery and Juliette are still together at season's end. 

Charlie does something to get Avery fired from the tour. 

Deacon has yet another girlfriend by season's end. 

Luke finally blows out of the picture in some sort of manufactured dramatic exit. Rayna is single again, and has at least one moment with Deacon that makes us think YES! They are meant to be.

Maddie calms down for an episode or two, but at season's end she either runs away or sneaks in to play a club.

Juliette, the Sisyphus of this cast, keeps singing, touring, working, mistreating, and never ever ever getting fully comfortable or safe. I can't even guess what happens, but expect both her career and love life to be in jeopardy a couple more times before we wrap it up.

And my biggest prediction... despite being on the bubble constantly, a combination of good reviews and goodwill generated by the show, the music sales, the wholehearted support of the Nashville community, the show just squeezes past the post and gets renewed for a third season!

Edited by Midru
  • Love 1

And my biggest prediction... despite being on the bubble constantly, a combination of good reviews and goodwill generated by the show, the music sales, the wholehearted support of the Nashville community, the show just squeezes past the post and gets renewed for a third season!

I hope so!  I just love this show!  The music is outstanding.  

I can't imagine they'd even bother trying to hide Hayden's baby bump. They couldn't even give her quality weave to hide the short hair cut. We're getting a baby and they'll torture us with a paternity storyline --- then the baby will probably die because Juliette can't have more than 52 minutes of happiness.

• Love 1

No we will think it is Jeff's and then Just before Avery marries someone else Juliette will find out the truth about the paternity. There that can be the season 3 season finale

• Love 1

Is there any hope that Brent/Derek Krantz, after mysteriously disappearing following his becoming Layla's manager, will be back next season?  Or is it time to give up the ghost?

I posted this in the Music of Nashville thread as a spoiler, but I'm going to post it here too without the tags.

Nashville's season 3 premiere is going to have live singing (on both coasts!). It sounds like they're going to have the regular recorded show, & then insert the singing part in, Will & Deacon will each sing a song.

Edited by GaT

That's gimmicky, but it's also kind of neat, especially the fact that they're going to do separate live performances for each coast. I get the feeds here for both; I just might have to watch this episode live (twice)!

This isn't really a spoiler because it's been reported in the media, so I'll make it speculative:

Laura Benanti will be joining Nashville in a recurring role as an up-and-coming country singer and possible rival of Rayna. The sooner we see her the better, as far as I'm concerned. If you haven't seen it yet, watch her "auditioning" for all the roles in Peter Pan, and I bet you'll fall in love, too: http://www.theatermania.com/video/laura-benanti-auditions-for-nbcand39s-peter-pan-li_627.html

I'm guessing she'll take over the villain role from Juliette, who has gradually become more sympathetic. My fondest hope is that she'll steal Luke away - far, far away.

• Love 3
My fondest hope is that she'll steal Luke away - far, far away. 

Amen to that.

I'm tired of Rayna having rivals with up-and-coming artists, though. These writers are really incapable of new ideas.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1
- Juliette has her first ultrasound and is shocked when she finds out who the father could be.

- Deacon and Luke argue over Deacon's relationship with Maddie.

- The newest waitress at the bluebird takes an interest in Avery.

- Avery makes a bold move in an effort to move on from Juliette.

This was on spoilertv.  I don't know how accurate it is.

- Juliette has her first ultrasound and is shocked when she finds out who the father could be.

Shocked? How can she be shocked? Rule #1 of pregnancy, if someone has put their penis in your vagina, they could be the father.

• Love 4

Also, how could an ultrasound give her any information about who her baby's father is?? I mean, it could date conception, but to the hour? It's not like Juliet and Avery had been broken up for more than five minutes before she slept with Jeff, if I'm remembering right.

• Love 1

Also, how could an ultrasound give her any information about who her baby's father is?? I mean, it could date conception, but to the hour? It's not like Juliet and Avery had been broken up for more than five minutes before she slept with Jeff, if I'm remembering right.

From what I remember, they weren't broken up at all then. They didn't break up until Avery found out about Jeff. As far as we know, the father can only be Avery or Jeff.

• Love 1
Also, how could an ultrasound give her any information about who her baby's father is??

Perhaps the fetus has a tiny set of horns, a spiked tail and an itty-bitty pitchfork clutched in one of its developing hands?  

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 9

Oh gawd. I'm guessing that Juliette and Avery break up because they think Jeff is the father but the ultrasound reveals that she become pregnant while with Avery. Avery tries to move on with cute waitress. Juliette sees Avery with waitress and decides not to tell him the truth. She's probably standing in the rain outside of the Bluebird too.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7

I think the only reason for this stupid baby plot is that Hayden Panettiere is pregnant in real life. Why couldn't they just hide her behind things instead? Baby plots always screw up a show IMO. I'm sure we're going to have lots of "who's the daddy?" drama, then when it's finally established who the father is, there will be lots of "will he step up & be a father or not?" drama, then of course there will be the inevitable "ZOMG, is she going to lose the baby?" drama. So, so boring.

• Love 1

Oh gawd. I'm guessing that Juliette and Avery break up because they think Jeff is the father but the ultrasound reveals that she become pregnant while with Avery. Avery tries to move on with cute waitress. Juliette sees Avery with waitress and decides not to tell him the truth. She's probably standing in the rain outside of the Bluebird too. 

In the rain while Deacon sings a sad song about Rayna inside. And it's dark. And Juliet peers forlornly through a window while standing outside alone.

• Love 3

Word.  Poor Juliette is so like Lady Edith on Downton Abbey.  She can't catch a break.  Rayna gets pregnant out of wedlock and still has men lined up to marry her.  Juliette will be forced to wear a scarlet letter and apologize to everyone in Nashville.  I don't dispute that Juliette is incredibly self destructive, but Avery was at fault on this one, too.  He should have told Juliette that he was spending the night at the hospital.  For that matter, he shouldn't have spent the night at the hospital with his former girlfriend.

In the rain while Deacon sings a sad song about Rayna inside. And it's dark. And Juliet peers forlornly through a window while standing outside alone.

• Love 2

I'm guessing she finds out she was already pregnant when she slept with Jeff.

• Love 1
I'm guessing she finds out she was already pregnant when she slept with Jeff.

Ah-ha! That's a good point.

I think the thing I like least about this storyline is that it really devalues the original secret child storyline, which was actually set up really well and believably. The whole thing with Rayna, Maddie, and Deacon has been central to the plot since the beginning and has (mostly) been interesting, engaging, and surprisingly un-soapy given its subject. But this thing with Juliette just screams soap opera. There's no depth to it at all, and it seems like a desperate attept to deal with Hayden's real pregnancy. Or they just really have no new ideas.

I don't even get why they bothered writing it in.  Hayden is very obviously pregnant at this point so they're going to have to hide her behind plants and purses for the first few epiodes while they set the whole thing up anyway and then we need a time jump somewhere in there if they want Juliette to deliver before Hayden does. 

• Love 1

and then we need a time jump somewhere in there if they want Juliette to deliver before Hayden does.

I don't think Juliette will deliver. The show doesn't allow her for any moments of happiness.

The latest spoilers on TVLine.com upset me. I won't link because they are two separate articles.

So Gunnar's high school love shows up with a 10 year old?  I thought the Gunnar character was wasted the first two seasons with unoriginal stories and bad luck. A possible kid would just be a mess, in my opinion, because it's yet another unoriginal story line that is never very interesting. We'll have to rely on the actors' chemistry for this one, I think. (I was hoping Gunnar and Scarlett would get back together.)

It's only season 3 and both Gunnar and Juliette (and possibly Avery) are going to have children?

And Deacon's back up singer becomes his muse? What the? Does this mean Rayna says yes to Luke? Because why would any writer have Rayna get back together with Deacon only to have him become infatuated with another woman? 

Wow, I'm not excited about any of the new shows this upcoming season, so I was counting on Nashville to get it right. Now I'm not s sure.

Seriously, this show is already drowning in superfluous supporting characters, the last thing it needs is a third love interest for Gunnar, especially one with a kid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

If they go the dead baby route with Juliette then they deserve every single bad rating they get.

And Deacon's back up singer becomes his muse? What the? Does this mean Rayna says yes to Luke? Because why would any writer have Rayna get back together with Deacon only to have him become infatuated with another woman? 

If you look at the second pic here I'm pretty sure that's Luke's ring she's wearing.

My guess is that Zoey and this new chick will end up canceling each other out, opening the doors for the Gunnar/Scarlett in the second half of the season nobody is asking for.

So the next bit of casting will probably be some waste of space love interest for Scarlett since they can't really go back to the Avery well again.

If you look at the second pic here I'm pretty sure that's Luke's ring she's wearing.

Thanks for that link. I'm worried now that I won't last the season. I didn't come into this for romance, but the Deacon/Rayna relationship is one of the main reasons I still watch Nashville, especially since I don't have a lot of faith in the writers/show runners anymore, and a lot of the other story lines are cliche or end too quickly.

I was willing to wait an entire season for Deacon and Rayna to get together, and I assumed the second season would try to focus on them finding a way back to each other. I'm not sure I'm interested in sitting through a third season where they steal quick looks at each other, struggle silently with their possible love for each other while leading other people on, etc., etc. And it doesn't help that I don't like Luke, or his son.

Thanks for that link. I'm worried now that I won't last the season. I didn't come into this for romance, but the Deacon/Rayna relationship is one of the main reasons I still watch Nashville, especially since I don't have a lot of faith in the writers/show runners anymore, and a lot of the other story lines are cliche or end too quickly.

I totally agree. They set up that particular relationship so well in the first season that it became the most compelling part of the show for me, not because I was interested in the melodrama, but because it felt very real and I was completely taken with the story of how these people would find their way back to one another. But then in season two, they totally blew it. Rayna and Deacon as a pair became a soap opera cliche, and Rayna herself became increasingly unlikeable and boring. Deacon's transformation from fall-down drunk to stand-up dad was interesting to watch and it singled him out as the more compelling character of the pair, which is ridiculous since Rayna is the lead on this show. As we stand now, Rayna is kind of a jerk and a huge letdown. She's dropped her devotion to her children and now treats them mostly as annoyances or ignores them, she's wrapped her label's success up in her own album alone and is possibly the worst businesswoman ever to run a business, she takes no real proactive steps toward anything; things just happen to her, and in her personal life she's done nothing but hide from a relationship we were shown in season one to be the real deal. And on top of that, she's paired with a love interest who is so lacking in personality he makes me fast forward or change the channel...when Connie Britton is on my TV! I never thought that would happen. When you add to that all the other boring secondary characters plus the slew of new ones they've got planned, my jaw hits the floor. It's remarkable to me that a show so full of talent and promise could turn out to be as trite as this has become. I was really hoping they'd right their ship in season three, but I don't know...it doesn't sound like it. The music is still so good, though, and I adore Charles Esten and Lennon Stella together. They should get a spin-off where they go on a road trip and play small clubs; if they also took Maisy, wackiness could ensue.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

Looks like Alexa Vega is joining the show. Sam Palladio tweeted this a couple days ago. I wonder if she's the baby momma? Ugh I can't believe I just typed that.

@alexavega well Gunnar's sure to be singing some songs about you this year! Welcome to the team Alexa!

Another new character. DWTS Derek Hough is joining the show. From People

Derek Hough is going country!

PEOPLE has learned that the Dancing with the Stars pro will join ABC's Nashville this season for a multi-episode arc.

Hough will play Noah West, a 20-something movie star who will cross paths with the Nashville characters when he's tapped for a leading role in the biopic of a famous country singer.

ABC says the role requires Hough to play a "beguiling and disarming" guy. Not so much of a stretch for the 29-year-old hoofer, eh?

His episodes are expected to air in October.

From E!

Jenna M.: What's coming up for my favorite troublemaker Juliette on Nashville?
Oh, aside from the fact that Hayden Panettiere's real-life pregnancy is definitely being written into the show, setting the stage for some major baby daddy drama? Well, Juliette is heading to Hollywood in an attempt to headline a major biopic about one of country music's most iconic singers. (Hint: her last name starts with a C!) But will an it boy actor, whose already been cast as her onscreen hubby, get in her way?

I guess Derek Hough is playing the actor?

Hayden/Juliette as June Carter Cash or Patsy Cline? Ain't no way Derek Hough is playing Johnny Cash. Hahahah.

So, Juliette is Hollywood bound with baby to avoid her Maury Povich-type Nashville problems?

He [Derek Hough] can play Will's new gay lover.

My first instinct upon hearing the casting was that he was here for Scarlett while Gunnar's busy with Zoey and that high school flame of his.  But the spoiler from E! does make it sound like he's not going to get romantically involved with either (unless, I dunno, Scarlett ends up working with Juliette somehow or something dumb like that).