Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Detectorists

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Special treat for those going to the Christopher Robin movie...half of Simon and Garfunkel and MacKenzie together on screen

no spoilers from me

Don’t  Go to the loo at the wrong time though....

And Toby Jones (Lance) did the voice of Owl.

I just watched this whole series in like 3 days and I'm happy and sad because I loved it and because I've seen it all now.  So lovely.    

• Like 5

For those of you in the united states, Acorn is free this week on comcast and you can see series 3 of this wonderful series free, I am binge watching right now. Still wonderful. 

• Like 1

If need more Detectorists related clips then Google and watch Toby and MacKenzie accept their BAFTA awards for the show...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 2

I binge watched S1 last night and at the end of S1E01 I knew I was all in with this one! It is delightfully honest, quirky in the best British way, and extremely sweet. I found myself laughing out loud at some of the last episodes of S1. In a nutshell, I am utterly smitten with most of the characters (Becs is the only one I am on the fence about), and I adore Larry, he’s someone you meet I find you knock around the British countryside for a bit. Overall a refreshing series and I am looking forward to starting S2 tonight!

• Like 2

Ahhhhhhhhhhh didn't they just wrap this show up in a wonderful kinda dirt covered bow? I loved the final episode. It was JUST RIGHT.  I adored this little charmer of a series so much, Pub?

• Like 4

On 4/6/2016 at 2:19 PM, SusanSunflower said:

I watched this episode last night for a second time -- didn't the picture of "the kiss" get torn up in the driveway (and not thrown away in Bec's mother's bin) ... that it then reappeared intact the better for Andy to confront Sophie (and Simon and Garfunkel) ... 

I just watched this (it's expiring from Netflix at the end of the month); it was taped back together.

I’m finally starting to watch the final season and I’ve held off because I don’t want this love affair with this show end, that’s how much I adore it. Here I go...

• Like 1