Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think that they should have done more with Dante and Lulu's separation after the baby Connie/Georgie custody battle, had them separate and maybe date for a while, but alas.

I'm not into Valerie/Dante, but moreso because I like Valerie so far and her sleeping with the husband of the cousin she just met would be skeevy.  But I don't want her with Nathan either.  Hmmm...recast Dillon?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I think that they should have done more with Dante and Lulu's separation after the baby Connie/Georgie custody battle, had them separate and maybe date for a while, but alas.

Or when JMB left. I really don't get why they recast SO damn quickly. 6-10 months would have been enough time for Dante to fall into someone else's arms and for Lulu to come back. They also still could have done the baby story . . . Lulu comes back, bonds with what she thinks is her baby, and eventually it was revealed somehow.

• Love 3
I am a woman, watching a soap opera (I know, take your time to digest that) and I actually liked the whole fantasy and romance of, you know, a man who dedicated to just his wife.

Same here. I wouldn't mind a story where Dante is tempted to stray but ultimately doesn't because he values his marriage too much. I don't want that person who tempts him to be Valerie, though. They've only just met, and she's his wife's cousin. Put Dante undercover with another cop who's pretending to be his wife and things get a bit out of hand there. Or something else work-related. (Dante/Anna shippers, the floor is yours.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Or when JMB left. I really don't get why they recast SO damn quickly.

Because Ron had already crossed out "Teen!Jess" and written in "Amensia!Lulu" in some old scripts.

Or something else work-related. (Dante/Anna shippers, the floor is yours.)

And that's where Anna Donely could have worked.  She comes to Port Charles to work for her namesake, is partnered with Dante, and they form a close friendship that flirts with temptation at one point.

• Love 5

I'm not into Valerie/Dante, but moreso because I like Valerie so far and her sleeping with the husband of the cousin she just met would be skeevy.  But I don't want her with Nathan either.  Hmmm...recast Dillon?

And there's the point!  The writers have had chances to mix things up with Dante and Lulu and, in the long run, the couple would have been better off for it. 

They could have remained separated longer after the Brante story.

They should  not have been reunited so quickly into a quick marriage after the engagement break up.

They could have remained separated longer after Lulu's return with amnesia.

And they definitely should have remained separated longer after the Georgie/Connie custody battle. I laughed out loud when Dante referred to how his marriage had almost broken up at that time.  Maybe so - but, like many of the best GH stories, OFF SCREEN.

So, when I talk about writing, I continue to look back as much as look forward - regretting needed (IMO) and missed opportunities.

I don't like seeming to advocate cheating for them, but I'm bored with this pretty, sweet, safe couple.   Even the greatest - especially the greatest - couples in the past have had separations and such separations don't always have to involve third parties.

Same here. I wouldn't mind a story where Dante is tempted to stray but ultimately doesn't because he values his marriage too much. I don't want that person who tempts him to be Valerie, though. They've only just met, and she's his wife's cousin. Put Dante undercover with another cop who's pretending to be his wife and things get a bit out of hand there. Or something else work-related. (Dante/Anna shippers, the floor is yours.)

I would take that scenario with Jordan too. It would accomplish getting poor Jordan out of this ridiculous storyline already. And it could lead to some TJ/Dante mentoring, which I really want, damn it.

• Love 3

Or when JMB left. I really don't get why they recast SO damn quickly. 6-10 months would have been enough time for Dante to fall into someone else's arms and for Lulu to come back. They also still could have done the baby story . . . Lulu comes back, bonds with what she thinks is her baby, and eventually it was revealed somehow.

Exactly!  Huge opportunity missed here!  Would have eased the transition to Emme and would have given Dante and Lulu that much needed separation time.

• Love 1

And they definitely should have remained separated longer after the Georgie/Connie custody battle. I laughed out loud when Dante referred to how his marriage had almost broken up at that time.  Maybe so - but, like many of the best GH stories, OFF SCREEN.

Seriously, they were separated for about a day on-screen.  I was almost positive Lulu was going to sleep with Nathan during that time period, but that was just a blip.

They also did nothing during that stupidly brief time period of them thinking Ben/Rocco was just Dante's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I don't like seeming to advocate cheating for them, but I'm bored with this pretty, sweet, safe couple.   Even the greatest - especially the greatest - couples in the past have had separations and such separations don't always have to involve third parties.

I'm gonna take my response to the relationships thread.

Seriously, they were separated for about a day on-screen.  I was almost positive Lulu was going to sleep with Nathan during that time period, but that was just a blip.

They also did nothing during that stupidly brief time period of them thinking Ben/Rocco was just Dante's.

Tell me - it's a year and I'm still ticked off by the handling of this period. Wasted. 

I seriously, at least, would have liked a moment where Lulu was jealous of Anna and inadvertently gave it away. Like

Lulu: another late night with the commissioner 

Dante: Yeah, why.

Lulu: No problem. Just, this is like, the 5th night in a row.

Dante: yeah . . . it's a big case. Don't tell me you're jealous?

Lulu: Well, she is glamorous, beautiful, a super-spy.

And then Dante tries to laugh it off but he inadvertently admits that they are all kind of enamored of Anna, because she is a beautiful, glamorous, super-spy.

I'll give Guza this, as silly as parts of his Anna return was, at least they had Patrick acknowledge that she was a really freaking hot woman to have as a mother-in-law.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

What's this? Finola Hughes is going to be on the Chew this week? Maybe she will tell us if Anna and Dante have a chance (maybe Lulu could get shot by Daddy Dearest this week? Please?)

And according to the preview commercials for April 1 (Get it? April 1 is April Fool's Day!! Do we have heavy anvils waiting for us there?) Luke's story implodes with either a whimper or a bang.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
They could have remained separated longer after Lulu's return with amnesia.

Ugh, I hated the amnesia story—really poorly written, and ER was still trying to find her feet as Lulu, so I thought the acting was weak—but I do think her return could have been exploited much more than it was.

• Love 3

Lulu never actually dealt with the trauma of what Stavros did to her.  She had amnesia, then she didn't, and then she and Dante were back to normal and all.  About.  Babies!

or even after Crichton-Clark. Both Lulu and Dante should have been freaked the fuck out about that. Or Dante after being locked in with a corpse and a bomb and having everyone think he was merely sulking about Johnny. I remember when after Lulu got almost blown up by Franco (ahaha, that Franco, such a prankster) she was freaking out the next day or after and how she was having trouble getting past it. It lasted an episode, but it was there.

and look at poor JT, begging them to mine all the stuff that should be going on with Patrick, and nothing

It all goes back to having too many characters, unfortunately. Although I am not sure if Ron would write this stuff even if there were 10 characters.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Before or after Death?

Eh, NLG goes around comparing her character's relationship with Julian the same way. I personally didn't have one single couple that I found remotely interesting when I stopped watching. And NONE of them, past *or* present, could even begin to touch KH and ST. That has to be a joke.

• Love 1

Yes, no worries, I've heard of them. I just forgot they were referenced in an earlier post, and am not used to seeing their names initialed on a GH board. Or in general.

• Love 3

Warning: The Alexis-Patrick scene (s) will make some of you feel stabby. I am finding it very hard to like Alexis these days. Clearly Alexis has no clue what a terrible relationship partner Patrick is. But I guess she figures he's still a major step up from a hitman and a doctor with a psycho wife/ex-wife.

Hahahaha at Sam telling Julian she's invested in Patrick, but was supposed to be a family with Jason and is thinking of Jake while looking at her wedding band. Patrick choosing to ignore the 'She's not that into you' vibe and it coming back to bite him will make me laugh more.

The Ric-Elizabeth scene(s) at Kelly's make him look desperate and her look stupid. She's barely gotten the words out about Jake and Hayden, and he's touching her arm and begging for another chance...no that's not suspicious. At all. C'mon Nurse Webber, you have met Ric before, yes?

Clearly Ron thinks he's hilarious and ironic, re: Patrick - "nips" and Hayden re: Sam. So much eye rolling, geebus. Ugh. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

This show is the pits right now, imho, the absolute pits.

These characters are all so terrible and stupid and dumb and shitty.

All of these so called "couples" are devoid of any spark or flame or life or love or romance or appeal to me. 

Jane really put in the performance today however, she is just...so very special and brilliant. How she hangs on and wades through so much bullshit on a regular basis still baffles me to this day.

• Love 7

Carly: Olivia, how could you feel any sympathy for the SERIAL KILLER who terrorized my loved ones and give him a free room?

Me: ...funny how it was okay when YOU took sympathy on the SERIAL KILLER who terrorized YOUR OWN loved ones and gave him a free room, Snarls.

• Love 17

In this viewer's opinion, Lucy and Scotty were more interesting characters with better writing.

They also weren't middle aged when doing their scheming, which makes a HUGE difference.

ETA: I realize Nina is supposed to be mentally 20-something; but 20-something is not the same as five. I don't know whether to blame RC or MS, so I'll blame both.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 7

All of these so called "couples" are devoid of any spark or flame or life or love or romance or appeal to me. 

Jane really put in the performance today however, she is just...so very special and brilliant. How she hangs on and wades through so much bullshit on a regular basis still baffles me to this day.

Jane is honestly the ONLY thing I am missing. She takes crap and makes gold. Not perfection, but the closest thing to perfection as an actress on this show right now.

And it makes me sad I don't care enough to watch her. *shrug*

• Love 1

With all the talk about Sam and Jason, was there any mention of Robin? Patprick seems to have forgotten that she existed.

How you know a couple is a plot point 101:

1. One half of the couple always talks about another man/woman.

2. The other half of the couple stands and blinks and nods their head.

3. An issue such as moving in together is solved in 2 episodes.

• Love 6

Jane was everything today!   She amazes me at times. 

• Love 2

They also weren't middle aged when doing their scheming, which makes a HUGE difference.

ETA: I realize Nina is supposed to be mentally 20-something; but 20-something is not the same as five. I don't know whether to blame RC or MS, so I'll blame both.

I think the three people have something major in common: they're all immature. I actually think that Scott and Lucy are sadly the types of characters who never really grew, not like other characters do. Scott had moments of growth-especially when he was with Dominique, and Lucy had *tiny* moments of growth with Kevin.

But at their core, they are the same people they were twenty years ago. I would expect them, eventually, to resort to scheming. I personally don't find either of them interesting if they AREN'T scheming.

Nina-we don't know who she was before, but I definitely got that she was never allowed to have a mind of her own. Her mother controlled everything. Add the fact that Madeline took away her decision making, to the fact that her brain probably suffered some damage, *plus* the fact that she comes across as self absorbed and childish most of the time, and yeah, I think her acting like a five year old makes sense.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Well, I enjoyed the first half (maybe third) of the Alexis-Patrick stuff because they were both appropriately awkward. Then they started talking about their relationship stuff and it was the wrong kind of awkward.

I hate everything connected to Franco and Nina-- except just watching Carly's head explode because she didn't get her way was quite enjoyable. (there, see! The Franco and Nina blackmailing Olivia plot does serve one purpose.) 

• Love 2

Wasn’t it sweet how Viki Tracy got through to Jessica Luke and got her him to emerge from behind Bess Fluke?  But seriously, I get that they didn't want to overwhelm Luke when they had gotten through to him, but why wouldn't they restrain him in some way?

Jake(son) is kinda being an asshole to Rebecca Budig.  "I don't care if we had a whole life in Beechers' Corner and you presumably have a job and friends and maybe family there, I got a job here and my harem is here so we're staying!".  How...dreamy?

The "jokes" in the Patrick/Alexis scene were so juvenile.

• Love 6

Jake(son) is kinda being an asshole to Rebecca Budig.  "I don't care if we had a whole life in Beechers' Corner and you presumably have a job and friends and maybe family there, I got a job here and my harem is here so we're staying!".  How...dreamy?

But he feels like Port Charles is home TeeVee! It was here, even though he doesn't realize it yet, was where he shot countless other gangsters and low-lives and buried them in the woods. Although sometimes he made a special effort to drive 7 hours to the Pine Barrens to drop them off there for some reason. :tear:

• Love 4

When I looked at the screen, I thought Julian from behind was Patrick. I find this funny, for many different reasons.

I hope Becky Herbst is okay. I could see all the bones in her chest. She's always been skinny, but this is the thinnest I've ever seen her.

Show is acting like Jason frozen and unresponsive in bed means there is something wrong with him. Odd.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Oh, Jane Elliot, you deserve so much better. So much better.

Of course Dante had to call police with jurisdiction aka who Lulu/Tracy could BS, so this mess can live another day.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I don't understand why story beats aren't being developed. The show is on 5 frikkin days a week and it's ridiculously boring. ALL of the relationships are underdeveloped. The stories are boring and badly structured with inconsistent characterization

I think RC has been struggling since the PP lawsuit. There really hasn't been a well-written, well-plotted coherent story since RC lost Todd and McBain

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

:sighs: . . . Jane, Dee, and Laura all did some nice work today.

Jake is boring and an asshole.

I really hope Becky is okay; she looked scary thin today.

Can we pool our t-shirt money, put Tony on a flight to Amsterdam and then payoff some Homeland Security director to prevent him from re-entering the country?

• Love 5

I don't understand why story beats aren't being developed. The show is on 5 frikkin days a week and it's ridiculously boring. ALL of the relationships are underdeveloped. The stories are boring and badly structured with inconsistent characterization

I think RC has been struggling since the PP lawsuit. There really hasn't been a well-written, well-plotted coherent story since RC lost Todd and McBain

Worry not! Franco and Nina clinked mini bottles today and said "watch out, Port Charles, we're back!"

I miss story beats but at the same time I'm only thinking about them for my favorite characters. Some characters have got to go for half this stuff to be delved into.

• Love 3

Oh, Jane Elliot, you deserve so much better. So much better.

Of course Dante had to call police with jurisdiction aka who Lulu/Tracy could BS, so this mess can live another day.

I've wanted her character to be killed off so JE could just be EP, for years. If anyone can turn this sinking ship around, she can.

She's too old-love ya, JE-to probably get a job on another soap. She's said multiple times she wanted to end her career as a producer.

I'd have Luke try to kill Ned, and Tracy take the bullet. Then Luke kills himself, or goes to prison willingly. Or just leaves town and no one mentions him again. Then JE can maybe at least give us good soap for whatever time remains.

It's a nice dream.

• Love 1

Worry not! Franco and Nina clinked mini bottles today and said "watch out, Port Charles, we're back!"

Back to do what?  Why wouldn't they just leave Port Charles?  And doesn't Nina have all of Magda's money, why exactly do they need to blackmail for food and lodgings?  None of this makes sense, go away!

• Love 5

Back to do what? Why wouldn't they just leave Port Charles? And doesn't Nina have all of Magda's money, why exactly do they need to blackmail for food and lodgings? None of this makes sense, go away!

Apparently the state has Nina's assets since she went to the nut house via the state and she has to go to court to get it back.

Edited by Gigi43

And doesn't Nina have all of Magda's money

Alexis said the other day that ALL of Nina's assets have been frozen and it would take years to unfreeze them (thaw them?!!)

Why wouldn't they just leave Port Charles?

Because then they couldn't continue to annoy the living crap out of me?!  Seriously though they can get free room and board forever now they have Olivia under their thumb so why would they go somewhere they couldn't mooch.  

Alexis said the other day that ALL of Nina's assets have been frozen and it would take years to unfreeze them (thaw them?!!)

YEARS?  Nina was able to claim them immediately after emerging from a 20-year coma, but now it will take YEARS?

• Love 3

So I watched today--a few random thoughts:

Rick/Liz--Rick you could do so much better than that perma bitch face bag of bones. So much better.

Sam/Patrick-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Alexis/Patrick--He's right, he's a doctor and he's seen it all.  Why did they devote 20 minutes to it?

Hambone Geary, his breakthrough and subsequent disappearance--WHEN WILL OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE BE OVER?

Olivia is beautiful.

That's all I got.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 3

Nina was able to claim them immediately after emerging from a 20-year coma, but now it will take YEARS?

I think this time it had to do with all that baby stealing, running up here to Canada with a serial killer thing.  

YEARS?  Nina was able to claim them immediately after emerging from a 20-year coma, but now it will take YEARS?

Plot-point writing at its best/worst.

Wow, Patrick, you are pathetic. "My girlfriend doesn't want to move in with me so I'll ask for HER mommy's opinion…as long as it coincides with what I want." If I had a rock, I'd chuck it at him.

Olivia should tell Carly the truth. Even if Carly comes up with one of her doomed-to-failure plaaaaaans, she should be able to fuck up at least something in Franco and Nina's lives. Ooh, maybe she can frame Nina for Franco's murder! Win-win!

Jake is kind of an asshole. "Sorry, toots--I mean wife--I like it here so we'll stay…no matter if that means you'll lose your job, your friends, and possibly our house because we won't have the funds to pay the mortgage. Why? Some pushy blonde said it was the best idea ever. Aren't ya glad you found me?"

• Love 7

And Jake(son) didn't tell Rebecca Budig that the job he has is with the mob, right?  I hope that when she does find out, Rebecca Budig finds being involved with the mob horrifying instead of sexay like the rest of the harem.

• Love 5