Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Lulu is living in her baby rabies dream world if she thinks Charlotte is just fine and doesn't miss her father.  No, dimwit, pretending Valentin didn't exist isn't best for "my daughter, my daughter."  She should be in therapy and allowed to grieve not having the parent who has been her constant there any more.

Especially considering the woman she thought was her mother "died" within the last year.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Did Lulu at least watch the video message herself first to make sure there was nothing inappropriate in the message or triggering for Charlotte?

No, of course not. Lulu just automatically got pissy about it. Then when she saw how happy Charlotte was to get the dress from Nina, and Anna said something like, "Isn't it about what Charlotte needs?," Lulu told her Anna had a message from Valentin. Then Charlotte said Nina should listen to it as well, as she didn't get to say goodbye to Valentin. (She did, but Charlotte doesn't know that.)

I don't really get what the big deal is, and for Lulu to be so completely against it without listening to the recording made it even more aggravating to me. 

3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

"In light of today's events, some viewers may find certain scenes disturbing."

What scenes were supposed to be disturbing? (Asking in all honesty.)

• Love 1

Wasn't the only gun play Halluci!Liz pointing a gun at Sam?

Or maybe they got confused because Tuesday's episode was delayed by the Sessions hearing and today's episode is super violent?

49 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Or maybe they got confused because Tuesday's episode was delayed by the Sessions hearing and today's episode is super violent?

No, I think it was the gun, since GH has never had a content warning as far as I can recall, besides the usual TV rating.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What scenes were supposed to be disturbing? (Asking in all honesty.)

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

That was it.

I thought the show would be about Ava's burns, and they were showing sensitivity to the people trapped in a burning highrise apartment.  But they weren't American, so it was about gun violence. 

• Love 4

Right! I was expecting actual gunfire or something to be disturbing, not an obvious hallucination of a gun being pointed. Ugh, this fakakta show and its terrible inconsistencies regarding violence.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Right! I was expecting actual gunfire or something to be disturbing, not an obvious hallucination of a gun being pointed. Ugh, this fakakta show and its terrible inconsistencies regarding violence.

I think it was only because there was a shooting the same day as the episode. Probably there would have been no warning otherwise, because like I said before, has GH ever done that before?

(edited)

You know, I think there has been a warning, though I can't remember for what specific RL act of violence. And I remember thinking the same thing I did yesterday, that GH is terrible about how it deals with violence in the first place. If someone is that sensitive, they shouldn't be watching this show in the first place. (I don't mean that in a snarky or snotty way.)

Edited by dubbel zout

Example 482 of Why It Is Hard To Feel For Sam:

"Julian is a bad man and I don't want him to ever set eyes on Scout. Now I'm going to have lunch with my husband who has killed lots of people and appears to have no other skill set."

• Love 23
(edited)
2 minutes ago, rur said:

Example 482 of Why It Is Hard To Feel For Sam:

"Julian is a bad man and I don't want him to ever set eyes on Scout. Now I'm going to have lunch with my husband who has killed lots of people and appears to have no other skill set."

"And then we'll pop by and visit her godfather, the head of the local mob."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 24

Thank god Alexis showed up to defend Julian. It must have been so hard for him to hear Olivia tell him the truth about what an asshole he is. Sam's disgust with both of her parents is well deserved. Alexis does nothing these days but kick the door open enough for Julian to worm his way back in.

Watching Spinelli [CLICK CLICK CLICK] work on his [TAP TAP TAP] computer is so [BANG BANG BANG] obnoxious. Why do they torture us with these scenes? I like BA, but these scenes could easily be accomplished without actually seeing him work his magic.

I'm so annoyed that we're supposed to buy that Amy's been part of the PC scene since high school, and that we're supposed to care about her heretofore unknown brother. I can barely bring myself to care about half the characters we see regularly, I promise that I have no fucks to give about Amy and her family.

• Love 6

So Amy is crying and carrying on outside in a public space, and then gets mad because Nathan was "eavesdropping"?  I really don't know why she's on the show unless it's to test those of us with high blood pressure to see if our medications are working.  Go away, nobody cares...

So glad to see Olivia and Sam both read Alexis her beads.  Alexis is so pathetic now; to think, I once loved her character when she was a strong, no nonsense lawyer.  She can go away, too.

Positive thoughts:  Little Jake is a really good little actor.  Dr. Hotstuff is really cute and seems to enjoy working with kids.  They can stay.

• Love 3
(edited)

I did not miss Olivia AT ALL and today was a prime example of why. SO MUCH SHRIEKING.  Has she forgotten that Alexis was the one on her side when Julian found out he was Leo's father and was gunning for Olivia? Has she forgotten Alexis supported her and got Julian to back off and mediated things to the point where Olivia/Julian worked out an agreement for Leo?  Or that little fact that Olivia herself went on to gladly fuck and romanticize Sonny, the man who shot Dante in the chest? 

Sam joining in is EXACTLY why I will never be a fan of that sighing, eye rolling, huffing package of bullshit.  Her whinefest over Julian while waiting for Jason was ridiculous. The fact that Alexis did not get to blast either woman with both barrels for said bullshit was worse. Sam was by her man's side defending him regarding the people he murdered and threatened and weren't they both just a short while ago threatening someone with Sonny/violence to get information?  So fuck you muchly Sam and fuck GH for not letting Alexis throw glass in both those basic bitches faces.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 12
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm so annoyed that we're supposed to buy that Amy's been part of the PC scene since high school, and that we're supposed to care about her heretofore unknown brother. I can barely bring myself to care about half the characters we see regularly, I promise that I have no fucks to give about Amy and her family.

This story gives me a rage blackout. It ranks right up there with Olivia/Julian. I hate custody battles, but if Julian sues Olivia for access, I'm fully Team Julian here.

"I've been a little on edge. It's not like me at all." No kidding, Sam. And zzzzz to her not wanting a doctor to check her out. For once I'd like a story where the person actively tries to find out what's wrong.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...hey, Sam and Kevin are sharing scenes, that's a little fun.

I am conflicted. On one hand I don't like that Kevin's much-limited airtime is used on non-Laura scenes or non-Laura characters. On the other hand, he doesn't have to listen about Lulu and Charlotte and if taking on Sam as a patient gives him more airtime I am all for it!

(edited)

I really can't comment on Alexis today since I haven't watched since the last ice age. But I'll say this: I once loved Alexis, and admit the like had to do with liking NLG as an actress since her days on Santa Barbara as Julia (a character much more well rounded and written for - with a daughter named Samantha and being an attorney their only real similarities, IMO!).

And while I was never much of a fan ever of Ned/Alexis (boring, to me!), that looked positively fabulous next to this mess that is Julian. NLG seems to love it. Which, hey, why not? Air time. But that whole business really wrecked her for me, even if going for Sonny started the downward slide. UGH. And I'll gladly acknowledge my soap hypocrisy here in that - at least in the beginning - I did like Alexis with Ric, since intellectually (aside from being slimy and nucking futs) they seemed a good match and had chemistry. But even that cumulatively with Sonny, Wacko Jerry, and Julian?

The character is all but gutted and it's a damned shame.

Maybe Jax/Alexis really should have been tried. Jax was a good guy but had an edge. Maybe it would have saved Alexis long ago. But the hole she is in now is more like a sinkhole, taking every last shred of dignity the character ever possessed.

This is not to absolve Sam. That whole deal with glomming her on to Alexis as a spawn was just another nail in Alexis' coffin. And, even if I loathe what Alexis became under Julian and all the rest, Sam has no right to say shit since her dear hubby was a fucking killer for hire. And Liv? Is completely irrelevant. So let her shriek as was said above. Someone will get a fly swatter and shoo her away.

But to return to Alexis, it pains me to write all this since I did once really like her, but these hacks never knew when enough was enough, and Julian is just the culmination of a rotten cherry atop a shit sundae as far as Alexis goes for this former viewer. Oh, how I wish Patrick Mulcahey had never left.

Edited by WendyCR72
  • Love 2
(edited)

Memo to writers, if you dont' know the history of the show you're writing, there's an entire internet at your fingertips with the answers.  Maxie was not the mean queen in high school.  She was the kid recovering from a childhood heart transplant who's first boyfriend taped their first sex time and posted it.  Stop trying to tell me that Maxie was mean to Amy in high school when Amy didn't exist until five minutes ago.  

Remind me again why the show think Franco and LIz are all that instead of Griffin and Liz.  So much pretty together in one room.  And Griffin was such a sweetie to Jake and boatloads less creepy than Franco.  

Julian/Julexis:  Loved them and I still see chemistry threre but at this point, the hole he's in is just too big.  They need to kill off Julian and have WVd come back as someone else to romance Alexis.  

42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For once I'd like a story where the person actively tries to find out what's wrong

Right?  "I'm here to see Dr Lee because something is wrong"  "I'll take a look".  "Never mind"    What?  Just shut up and let the cute doctor find out what's wrong.  And then when he gives a possible PTSD diagnosis, which makes sense considering everything she's been through, she's all, "eh that's not me"   You know what else isn't you, giving birth through your pants in the dead of winter at the bottom of waterless pond.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Memo to writers, if you dont' know the history of the show you're writing, there's an entire internet at your fingertips with the answers.  Maxie was not the mean queen in high school.  She was the kid recovering from a childhood heart transplant who's first boyfriend taped their first sex time and posted it.  Stop trying to tell me that Maxie was mean to Amy in high school when Amy didn't exist until five minutes ago. 

Wordy word word.  I probably would have been annoyed anyway with a) an attempt to make Amy 2.0 happen and b) being expected to now care about her brother, but it's the egregious and unnecessary retconning involved that edges me towards rage blackout levels with this story.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I probably would have been annoyed anyway with a) an attempt to make Amy 2.0 happen and b) being expected to now care about her brother, but it's the egregious and unnecessary retconning involved that edges me towards rage blackout levels with this story.

And why does it even have to be done this way?  Why is it necessary to retcon Maxie's high school history in order to make Amy work?  She could still be befriending Nathan without there being any animosity between her and Maxie.  It's so stupid and adds a level of annoyance aimed at Amy that they shouldn't be giving us.  

• Love 6

Seriously!  And she could have developed a crush on Dillon working with him on the Nurses' Ball, there didn't need to be retconned, Georgie-free history that she had a crush on him in high school.

• Love 5

OMFG, Show, nobody cares about Amy 2.0's brother, or about him having been a football stud in "Fast Times at Retconned High".

Is that what happened in those scenes? I was distracted after I saw Nathan and Dillon douchebumping their fists, and I thought, do they know each other well enough for that? How? and then after a few moments I remembered they could have plausibly met each other a couple of times through Nina. I'll blame the actors for that one though. Although I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility the script said "NATHAN and DILLON bump fists, instantly feeling a close bond in the wake of the draw to AMY they both feel."

Does Julian even want Leo part time in his house? Seems like he only wants to see him a couple of times. It's nothing to flip out over, but of course, it's Olivia I guess. Self-righteous is a horrendous look on her, not even because of her own actions but just cause Olivia gets so annoying when she yells.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Watching Spinelli [CLICK CLICK CLICK] work on his [TAP TAP TAP] computer is so [BANG BANG BANG] obnoxious. Why do they torture us with these scenes? I like BA, but these scenes could easily be accomplished without actually seeing him work his magic.

Nathan bringing up his laptop was weird too. Was there a reason he couldn't look up the brother on his phone? I guess so they wouldn't have to huddle over a tiny phone, but it was still funny.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

and I thought, do they know each other well enough for that? How?

Dillon and Maxie worked together for Nathan's sister.  He's always dropping by to see Nina (to discuss poor wooby Valentin), so I have no problem with the two of them knowing each other very well.  

• Love 2

It's legit Amy could have had a crush on Dillon in high school, but it doesn't have to be at Maxie's expense. I don't get why they're completely rewriting Maxie's high school experience. It was a major story at the time, which makes it even stupider.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nathan bringing up his laptop was weird too. Was there a reason he couldn't look up the brother on his phone? I guess so they wouldn't have to huddle over a tiny phone, but it was still funny.

They sort of explained it that he has access to databases regular folks don't. I can buy it that he wouldn't be able to use his phone for those.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's legit Amy could have had a crush on Dillon in high school, but it doesn't have to be at Maxie's expense.

I guess, but I still find the complete absence of Georgie in the narrative then glaring.  And like I suggested, there's nothing stopping the show from having the crush rooted in present day instead of HS BS.  They didn't have to pretend she was around the whole time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I haven't really thought much about Sam is being very hypocritical or not re: Julian, all I know is I'm jealous she gets to berate him once in a while. 

2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess, but I still find the complete absence of Georgie in the narrative then glaring.  And like I suggested, there's nothing stopping the show from having the crush rooted in present day instead of HS BS.  They didn't have to pretend she was around the whole time.

Can we start calling her Dawn? Dawn-y? (That damn nickname made me hate that character even more.)

• Love 2

It's legit Amy could have had a crush on Dillon in high school, but it doesn't have to be at Maxie's expense.

Right.  If she had a crush on Dillon in high school, why not make it that she's upset because she never had a shot because he only had eyes for Georgie.  And the only Jones girl she can blame now is Maxie since Georgie no longer with us.  Or you know, she could grow the fuck up and move on from a childhood crush that amounted to nothing.  

It's like they wanted Amy to have a boyfriend but the only two guys in her age group have a girflfriend/wife already so they have to poop on one and Maxie got the short end of the stick because KSt isn't here right now.  

Oy, who knew I was so bitter about this!!

• Love 6
(edited)

Next we'll find out that her brother hooked up with Lucas (who?) back in the day.  "Oh yeah, Chet (Chad?), we had sex in the weight room one time.  But wait, wasn't I supposed to be dating Brook Lynn back then?  Ah well."

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Or you know, she could grow the fuck up and move on from a childhood crush that amounted to nothing.

SO MUCH THIS. Of course it has to be something she's creepily holding onto, instead of looking back and smiling fondly if slightly embarrassedly at a youthful folly. 

I love how we have no idea what reunion this is. It has to be at least the tenth, which makes everyone 28 years old or so. Why is Amy clinging to a decade-old crush? It's pathetic.

• Love 4
(edited)

And maybe you could have inserted Amy 2.0 into this peer group by having her been a background player in their HS years, but rewriting the history FOR her is what's so infuriating.

But these are writers who insisted Steve Burton Jason and Helena were running around Cassadine Island when BOTH WERE ESTABLISHED ON-SCREEN AS BEING UNDEAD POPSICLES so...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

The only scenes I liked were the ones with Griffin/Jake/Liz. I loled when Jake handed Liz the tongue depressor he used on Griffin and she looked disgusted.

I skipped all the Spinelli/Jason and Jason/Helena's henchman scenes. I don't have time for the boring bullshit.

The thing I hate most of Sam and Olivia whining about Julian/Alexis is that it forces me to side with Julian/Alexis. I don't want to, but Sam and Olivia can take several fucking seats.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What did you want Griffin to diagnose--a vitamin deficiency?  

Yes.  She sort of sarcastically asked if he had a pill for whatever was wrong with her.  Mostly because she just wanted to get out of there.  

57 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loled when Jake handed Liz the tongue depressor he used on Griffin and she looked disgusted

I wondered why she didn't drop it in the garbage can that was right there, then figured maybe it wasn't a real garbage!

58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

it forces me to side with Julian/Alexis. I don't want to, but Sam and Olivia can take several fucking seats.

Like I say, I love Julexis, but I have to say I sort of see both Sam and Olivia's side on this.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

it forces me to side with Julian/Alexis. I don't want to, but Sam and Olivia can take several fucking seats.

Like I say, I love Julexis, but I have to say I sort of see both Sam and Olivia's side on this.  

If this were a better-written show, I think we're supposed to see all sides, but as it stands, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to find Alexis and Julian outrageously wrong and Sam and Olivia completely right.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If this were a better-written show, I think we're supposed to see all sides, but as it stands, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to find Alexis and Julian outrageously wrong and Sam and Olivia completely right.

I don't think we're supposed to see them as completely wrong. They've been building them back for a while now.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Oh, their side of it isn't wrong, necessarily, but they both come off as raging hypocrites.  That's more of a show problem, though, I guess.

• Love 6

That's more of a show problem, though, I guess.

Definitely. It's been a problem ever since they decided to make a murderous mob boss the moral authority of the show without irony.

• Love 6