Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Is there something wrong with the necks of the folks in Port Charles? Do they ever look up? A while back, when Anna and somebody else (?) were trapped in a subterranean deepfreeze, they spent most of the episode sitting in light that was clearly coming from a grate above their heads while lamenting there was no way out. Then again, today, Tom Baker tried the door, but never looked around for a window or tried to figure out how why there was light coming from above in the other rooms. Besides that, Franco is an artist, one would think that he'd want a studio with light. 

(Is his studio the one Liz once had? 'Cause she had a wall of windows when she was there . . .) Gah! this show! The light issue was all I could think about during the Tom scenes. 

ETA: Well, I also did some thinking about all the kissing going on in the halls of GH. That's what supply closets are for! I still remember Dr. Steve Hardy opening a closet door, finding (I think) Robin and Patrick in there, and saying only that GH had a long history of supply-closet liaisons and he was happy to see the tradition continue. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

I love the snark that was going around today.

"I saw a bright light." "Really?" "No." Hee.

Why am I supposed to root for Elizabeth and Franco to be a couple? He's beyond repulsive. I am at a loss what the writers think they're doing. (They obviously don't know, either.)

I loved how Charlotte wrested herself out of Lulu's hug. Dial it back about a thousand degrees, lady. Dante is fighting a losing battle trying to have Lulu see things from Charlotte's POV. Lulu is all about Lulu. Gross.

• Love 12

Would've been nice if Laura and Kevin could've dated longer before exchanging ILY's. 

Liez and Freako aren't fit for tv.

I hope Tom doesn't forget about the woman who led him into Freako's trap. He can throw Kiki down a mine shaft after he's done with the serial killer rapist.

Someone needs to tell Lulu that her dumb stupid banshee ass hasn't even established a legal claim to Charlotte yet.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, rur said:

Is there something wrong with the necks of the folks in Port Charles? Do they ever look up? A while back, when Anna and somebody else (?) were trapped in a subterranean deepfreeze, they spent most of the episode sitting in light that was clearly coming from a grate above their heads while lamenting there was no way out. Then again, today, Tom Baker tried the door, but never looked around for a window or tried to figure out how why there was light coming from above in the other rooms. Besides that, Franco is an artist, one would think that he'd want a studio with light. 

(Is his studio the one Liz once had? 'Cause she had a wall of windows when she was there . . .) Gah! this show! The light issue was all I could think about during the Tom scenes. 

ETA: Well, I also did some thinking about all the kissing going on in the halls of GH. That's what supply closets are for! I still remember Dr. Steve Hardy opening a closet door, finding (I think) Robin and Patrick in there, and saying only that GH had a long history of supply-closet liaisons and he was happy to see the tradition continue. 

Steve/JB died in 1996.

FV needs to send his actor buddies (Nina, Franco, Finn and HateChel) off the show, because their characters suck, hard.

Lulu is BSC baby raby crazy!

Elizabeth will never be free from Franco's stench and I resent the hell out of her rape story being used by that freak.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, CookieBud said:

Can I just vent? Lulu is going off because Valentin come and cut her time short with Charlotte, but didn't she do that herself when she  handed the girl over to Anna and Emma?   She wasn't concerned about spending time with her daughter then.  The hypocrisy of the supposed "good" characters just gets to me.   She isn't giving a thought as to what is best for Charlotte--it's all about Lulu.  GRRRR!

They all want kids until they actually have them.  Then they're jettisoned off-screen 98.5% of the time.  That's why throwing a kid at a married couple is the laziest, most boring writing ever.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Die, Hatechel, Die! Dang we came so close to getting rid of her, but she was resurrected by Liez's sarcasm and Finn shouting. Every Finn/Hatchel scene today was some of the worst General Hospital I've ever seen.

Hatechel: (coming back to life after defibrillation): "Am I in hell?"

Liez : "No, just General Hospital".

Having Tracy there propping this crap garbage story is extremely painful.

Elizabeth and Tracy being on prop duty for Finn and HateChel is disgusting at best.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Are Anna's flashbacks supposed to be from years ago? They got the hair right, but her eyebrows are all wrong. Hee.

Not to mention the shoes. And if it was supposed to be when she was training, wouldn't that have been 40 years ago, before she had Robin? Even if it was 30 years, Valentin would have been a child. Unless we're supposed to believe he's been reincarnated. Which, since he's a cassadine, I suppose isn't an unreasonable scenario lol!

• Love 1

Does Laura support Lulu in her BSC demands that Charlotte should be immediately handed over to Lulu? I thought Laura would have a more grown-up view of the matter.

Some days I am almost ready to see annoying Lulu confined in Tom's cage to cool her off from the baby rabies.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
Fed up with Lulu
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...hey, looks like Monica gets to be at Sam's baby shower!  Maybe she can make it a banner day and shove a onesie down Carly's throat.

Ha, I just had a flashback to Emily giving Carly the lingerie at her bridal shower. Good times.

I didn't even realize it was a shower in the previews. Duh me. I can't believe @HeatLifer didn't tell me, she has to have it marked on her calendar.

Is the board stretched for anyone else? grrr.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Not to mention the shoes. And if it was supposed to be when she was training, wouldn't that have been 40 years ago, before she had Robin? Even if it was 30 years, Valentin would have been a child. Unless we're supposed to believe he's been reincarnated. Which, since he's a cassadine, I suppose isn't an unreasonable scenario lol!

It's more likely that Valentin could have "died" been frozen and then defrosted.  Maybe the Crighton Clark Clinic had an entire wing dedicated to multiple generations of "dead" and frozen Cassidines?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:

Steve/JB died in 1996.

Well, then, it definitely wasn't Patrick and Robin  in that supply closet! It was definitely Steve Hardy, though, who found whoever it was. And I stand by the sentiment that making out should occur in hospital closets, not in the halls. 

Edited by rur
33 minutes ago, rur said:

Well, then, it definitely wasn't Patrick and Robin  in that supply closet! It was definitely Steve Hardy, though, who found whoever it was. And I stand by the sentiment that making out should occur in hospital closets, not in the halls. 

It was probably Tom and Felicia.

How and why Claud came into the picture. I assume she was the carrier pigeon, but surely Helena would've hired someone a little less flighty and nutty, and probably would've killed them after they gave birth.

2) How Valentin found out about Charlotte and why Helena allowed him and Claud to raise her.

The explanation Valentin gave was that since Stavros couldn't conceive and Helena wanted him to have a progeny, she hired Daphne to sleep with Val (where? who knows) and Daphny kept the sample and gave it to Helena who petrie dished it with Lulu's egg.  Before she had a chance to implant it, Val found out (how? who knows), stole the embryo from Helena, hired Claudette to carry it to term.  Where it stops making sense (yeah, I know) is why Claudette was still in the picture after the baby was born.  Val would have paid her and sent her on her merry way.  So unless he fell for Claudette (and who wouldn't, I mean, she was just so darn lovable), and decided to keep her as a mother figure for Charlotte, it does not compute.  

• Love 4

How can they let him have that hair. It was utterly disgusting today.

When they were kissing (eww) and she ran her hands through his hair, I couldn't help thinking that when she pulled away, she'd wipe her hands on her pants and there would a giant grease stain there.  So gross.  

• Love 4

Shouldn't Liz be scared shitless? This is exactly the pedestal Lucky put her on, except 10 times worse. If/when she cheats on him he's gonna cry about where did the woman who he needed to protect from her rapist go, after he's locked her in the dog cage.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The explanation Valentin gave was that since Stavros couldn't conceive and Helena wanted him to have a progeny, she hired Daphne to sleep with Val (where? who knows) and Daphny kept the sample and gave it to Helena who petrie dished it with Lulu's egg.  Before she had a chance to implant it, Val found out (how? who knows), stole the embryo from Helena, hired Claudette to carry it to term.  Where it stops making sense (yeah, I know) is why Claudette was still in the picture after the baby was born.  Val would have paid her and sent her on her merry way.  So unless he fell for Claudette (and who wouldn't, I mean, she was just so darn lovable), and decided to keep her as a mother figure for Charlotte, it does not compute.  

Hmm so I missed this explanation. In my defense, I frequently find it hard to pay attention to what's happening on screen.

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Shouldn't Liz be scared shitless? This is exactly the pedestal Lucky put her on, except 10 times worse. If/when she cheats on him he's gonna cry about where did the woman who he needed to protect from her rapist go, after he's locked her in the dog cage.

Liez doesn't love herself.

• Love 4

I frequently find it hard to pay attention to what's happening on screen.

I write a recap for the Daytime Confidential site, so unfortunately for me, I have to pay attention to what's happening on screen.  Although I will admit that there are many times I've fast forwarded scenes and just assumed what the dialogue was!

• Love 4

Watching today's show. Tom grunting and screaming, "Uhhhhhh! Uhhhhhh! Locked from the outside!" made me giggle. Does this show still have a sizable radio audience? Also, it reminded me of Nikolas's "No service!" a day I was not actually watching, so have never actually seen, but I've heard all the stories. (Can someone hook a thug up with the YouTube, maybe in the history thread?) 

Brother Baker (Seth) is good.  The actor has some presence.  I thought Howarth did a decent job in the scene with him too. At least at the start of it, all of his snarky bullshit fell away, and you could read, "Oh, shit. I didn't want to be confronted with evidence that the person I'm torturing is a human being with people who care about him."  

Edit:  Those on-the-nose rock lyrics once Tom got free were funny too (in a "so bad" way). First a song about this meaning war, then transitioning to "Too bad, you were such a lovely thing to hide / Found out your secret."  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Ha, I just had a flashback to Emily giving Carly the lingerie at her bridal shower. Good times.

I didn't even realize it was a shower in the previews. Duh me. I can't believe @HeatLifer didn't tell me, she has to have it marked on her calendar.

Is the board stretched for anyone else? grrr.

I hope Sam has twins so they're named Buddy and Scout.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Hatechel: (coming back to life after defibrillation): "Am I in hell?"

Liez : "No, just General Hospital".

Um, we'll take care of the meta-snark just fine, Show.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Is it wrong to cheer for Tom Baker?  To hope that he chokes the life out of Franco before he has a chance to wake up? 

Only if his redemption is that he defeats Valentin from freezing the world, and Nina puts a curse on Lulu and Dante.

• Love 3

Franco: I was unredeemable, until I met a woman who showed me goodness, and now I try to become a better man.

Seth: I hope Tom finds a woman like that.

Franco: Tom is unredeemable, and I will make sure he never meets another woman to hurt her.

You do know all it takes is for someone to tell Mongo Jason that Tom is out for Tom to go away. Not only is he Liz' Designated Cockblocker, but he is also Emily's brother. Unfortunately, he is off with Curtis on their Hardy Boys Adventures.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

It's more likely that Valentin could have "died" been frozen and then defrosted.  Maybe the Crighton Clark Clinic had an entire wing dedicated to multiple generations of "dead" and frozen Cassidines?

I'm calling bullshit on all this chop-logic by the show's writers Valentin. I wouldn't be surprised that Valentin isn't the Original Recipe.

17 hours ago, CookieBud said:

Can I just vent? Lulu is going off because Valentin come and cut her time short with Charlotte, but didn't she do that herself when she  handed the girl over to Anna and Emma?   She wasn't concerned about spending time with her daughter then.  The hypocrisy of the supposed "good" characters just gets to me.   She isn't giving a thought as to what is best for Charlotte--it's all about Lulu.  GRRRR!

Who dos she think she is, her father-in-law?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Does Laura support Lulu in her BSC demands that Charlotte should be immediately handed over to Lulu? I thought Laura would have a more grown-up view of the matter.

Some days I am almost ready to see annoying Lulu confined in Tom's cage to cool her off from the baby rabies.

The last time we saw Laura with Lulu, she was cautioning her daughter to hold back from doing anything impulsive - echoes of the good advice she gave her last year when Lulu and Dante broke up and even more so when Lulu was becoming embroiled with Johnny.   But, as usual, Lulu  refuses to even appear to HEAR good advice - let alone act on it!   Back to Laura, does she even know what Lulu is up to right now???

Thinking back to last year reminds me of how irritated I was with Lulu then as well.  Is this the writers' lump of coal for me - making me see Lulu as a willful, unthinking, selfish, childishly impulsive, inconsiderate beyotch?   One, as well, who either breaks the law or is willing to consider doing so?  Because, really, Lulu's behavior now is an extension of her going off the rails a year ago.  Then some found it easier to excuse Lulu because of the cheating provocation and because one stance taken then was that Lulu was being written this way and "blamed" to make others look good.  Well, maybe it's time to consider another POV:  Maybe this type of behavior is about more than the "Vals" and is really about how the writers see Lulu when she is faced with significant problems, frustrations and roadblocks in her life???  If so, Lulu needs more than a redo of her marriage counselling workbooks, she also needs some  therapy on impulse control and rational problem-solving techniques. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I saw a bright light." "Really?" "No." Hee.

Why am I supposed to root for Elizabeth and Franco to be a couple? He's beyond repulsive. I am at a loss what the writers think they're doing. (They obviously don't know, either.)

I loved how Charlotte wrested herself out of Lulu's hug. Dial it back about a thousand degrees, lady. Dante is fighting a losing battle trying to have Lulu see things from Charlotte's POV. Lulu is all about Lulu. Gross.

Lulu being all about Lulu - and acting stupidly - is not new.  Nor is watching others try to UNSUCCESSFULLY reason with her and give her some solid truths.  This time, however, is especially egregious because a small child is involved. 

• Love 1

Valentin murdered her brother and then moved into his house. Hysteria isn't an inappropriate reaction - it's just annoying to watch. Also? Nina is insane. She induced a woman's labor and kidnapped a newborn. She recently had a tantrumy meltdown because Ava stopped her from buying a baby by telling the pregnant woman about that little episode. 

ER's shrill single-minded baby rabies has been super fuckin annoying but it doesn't make Nina or Valentin rootable and it doesn't mean she shouldn't feel EXACTLY the way she feels about them. 

The only reason Valentin is"the only (reconned) parent Charlotte's every known" is because he stole Lulu's embryo, implanted it in another woman without her knowledge or permission, and then decided he was going to raise it himself. He can fuck right off. 

It would be nice if Lulu were given a POV with any depth or recognisable history - but even without it? Valentin is a creepy murderous POS and Nina is a psycho. I rooted for Carly to yank Sonny's parental rights and I have much less patience for this low budget Cassadine

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Linny said:

Dante deserves a medal for having to talk Lulu out of being unreasonable. I don't know how he puts up with her brand of crazy. I wonder if he ever thinks about how much simpler his life would be if he'd stuck with Valerie.

17 hours ago, ulkis said:

Valerie dumped him. And I'm sure if they had been the couple the show went with she probably would have had some issue going on.

While Dante and Valerie were in each other's orbits, I didn't root for "Vante" - even though I did see chemistry between the two of them - chemistry that could have developed in other circumstances.  Emphasis on the words “in other circumstances.”  However, I always liked the friendship chemistry – the way that Dante and Valerie communicated with and understood each other.  And right now, that friendship chemistry – and whatever else might have developed from it – is looking pretty good.  

As for Valerie and Dante having different issues if they were the couple now – most likely – but I expect that at least they would be DIFFERENT issues- and I’d appreciate that.    

5 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Valentin murdered her brother and then moved into his house. Hysteria isn't an inappropriate reaction - it's just annoying to watch. Also? Nina is insane. She induced a woman's labor and kidnapped a newborn. She recently had a tantrumy meltdown because Ava stopped her from buying a baby by telling the pregnant woman about that little episode. 

ER's shrill single-minded baby rabies has been super fuckin annoying but it doesn't make Nina or Valentin rootable and it doesn't mean she shouldn't feel EXACTLY the way she feels about them. 

The only reason Valentin is"the only (reconned) parent Charlotte's every known" is because he stole Lulu's embryo, implanted it in another woman without her knowledge or permission, and then decided he was going to raise it himself. He can fuck right off. 

It would be nice if Lulu were given a POV with any depth or recognisable history - but even without it? Valentin is a creepy murderous POS and Nina is a psycho. I rooted for Carly to yank Sonny's parental rights and I have much less patience for this low budget Cassadine

And all these reasons are spot on.  However that doesn't make Lulu any less annoying.   Yes, Lulu has justifiable concerns and problems; however, much of the reaction I'm reading (and feeling) is the unlikable - and repeated - way she responds to problems.  Whether the problem is legitimate or not (as it is), how Lulu is responding reveals much about her - and right now that revelation is not pretty.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I actually like his low budget ass, but agreed. I can enjoy a villain and not root for them to win. I'm mostly rooting for Charlotte to go off with Claud off to the fjords or wherever she went. 

I saw a suggestion that Valentin should have been Nik's son . . . that would have been interesting, if Nikolas had still been around. I honestly don't miss Nikolas much, but they could have fixed him easily. And Nikolas' brand of smug entitlement would have actually been refreshing when pitted against Franco.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Franco: I was unredeemable, until I met a woman who showed me goodness, and now I try to become a better man.

I don't know why we were supposed to moved or won over by this given that Franco said the same thing when he was with Carly, and then again when he was with Nina.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It would be nice if Lulu were given a POV with any depth or recognizable history - but even without it? Valentin is a creepy murderous POS and Nina is a psycho. 

I like Valentin and honestly probably even Nina far more than I like Lulu currently, but this. Like you said, Lulu is being very annoying and it's not fun or interesting to watch her, but her feelings right now aren't insane or irrational. 

My fave parts of yesterday's show were everything Charlotte did/said and Emma's "But grandma you're a spy," sass. Those kids were killing it!

I really like Kevin/Laura, but the 'I love you' stuff was not good. It's too soon. Also, show wise it's been way too long for them to just now come back to it. And I found Laura's half crying throughout annoying. That all being said, I really wish that Kevin/Laura/Lucy could have the screen time fucking Franco and everything related to him does.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't know why we were supposed to moved or won over by this given that Franco said the same thing when he was with Carly, and then again when he was with Nina.

I think it's time to bust out Kiki jumping off the docks.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really like Kevin/Laura, but the 'I love you' stuff was not good. It's too soon. Also, show wise it's been way too long for them to just now come back to it. And I found Laura's half crying throughout annoying. That all being said, I really wish that Kevin/Laura/Lucy could have the screen time fucking Franco and everything related to him does.

What was up with her jacket though? It reminded me of some 80s Barbie business jacket. I pictured those a giant version of the clips that were used to button those things up.

Re: Franco - I've started to notice, he always gets monologues. Monologue to his dog, monologue to Leo (Olivia's baby), monologue in the hospital hallway about how he's jealous of Jason, now monologue to Tom's brother about how he loves Liz. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

They had Freako saying his a redeemed, better man WHILE HE HAS A MAN LOCKED INSIDE OF A DOG CAGE. And I don't think the contrast was to highlight how much of a psychotic freak he is. We're supposed to see him as doing a bad thing for the right reasons. I fully expect Tom to attack someone so Freako can be retroactively *justified*.

18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

It would be nice if Lulu were given a POV with any depth or recognizable history - but even without it? Valentin is a creepy murderous POS and Nina is a psycho. 

18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Valentin and honestly probably even Nina far more than I like Lulu currently, but this. Like you said, Lulu is being very annoying and it's not fun or interesting to watch her, but her feelings right now aren't insane or irrational. 

The messed up thing is I should be cheering for Lulu to get her damn magical embryo, but I can't. I feel forced to root for whiny murderer Valentin and crazy Nina over Lulu because they've turned her into such a gross freak. I want Valentin to get full custody and for Nina to laugh in her face.

12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think it's time to bust out Kiki jumping off the docks.

Tom should push Kiki into the docks and she should stay there.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

and for Nina to laugh in her face.

Now it's your turn to log off. :p 

Speaking of Valerie . . . so she and Dillon have been doing whatever they've been doing for a week now? What the heck lol. Wasn't it last Tuesday they went off together?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I feel forced to root for whiny murderer Valentin and crazy Nina over Lulu ... I want Valentin to get full custody and for Nina to laugh in her face.

Listen, I feel this way, too. But it's because I shamefully really like Valentin. Sigh @ myself!

15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What was up with her jacket though? It reminded me of some 80s Barbie business jacket. I pictured those a giant version of the clips that were used to button those things up.

LMAO but yes. Her whole look yesterday was bizarre to me. Like the hair and the outfit.

Speaking of looks, I hate how they do Lulu's eye makeup. Get her a new look, please!

Edited by peachmangosteen