Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Vella said:

They bring Robin back so she can describe suicide as 'weakness' and 'coward'.  Just fucking stop with that noise, GH.

She was talking about Sonny and only Sonny and how he would not be taking responsibility for his actions regarding Morgan and leaving his family to deal with it by themselves. 

I really, really liked the dialogue in the Robin/Sonny scenes. Mo and KMc are such wonderful acting partners. Lawd, I shed a tear when she asked him if his word was still important. 

They're probs not gonna show it, but I liked how Robin went to see Carly.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

You were nice that one time a million years ago so here's your lifetime pass!

He and Jason were also wonderful during Robin's PPD while her husband was a douchebag.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They're probs not gonna show it, but I liked how Robin went to see Carly.

I did too, but it probably wouldn't have been a good idea, maybe. I think there is 50% chance Carly would appreciate the gesture and the other 50 she'd tear into Robin that Robin was somehow saying "I told you so" to her.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I did too, but it probably wouldn't have been a good idea, maybe. I think there is 50% chance Carly would appreciate the gesture and the other 50 she'd tear into Robin that Robin was somehow saying "I told you so" to her.

LMAO. I dunno. I really think saving Jason gave her a Gold Star forever with Carly.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

As much as I detest her, there's something oddly comforting about Cujo getting her fangs back.  She had seemed so OOC and Ma Walton-ish for far too long.

• Love 9

Does Robin even know that Sonny killed AJ after he gave his word to Michael that he wouldn't hurt AJ. Robin, I think that Sonny giving his word  does not mean what you think it means.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO. I dunno. I really think saving Jason gave her a Gold Star forever with Carly.

Yes, but she's grieving, and here's Robin coming back from her "perfect" life, and how many times had Carly thrown it in her face that she, Carly, was more important to Sonny and Jason? And now look where that got her. So, yeah, I could see her snapping.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, but she's grieving, and here's Robin coming back from her "perfect" life, and how many times had Carly thrown it in her face that she, Carly, was more important to Sonny and Jason? And now look where that got her. So, yeah, I could see her snapping.

I mean, sure, she could snap. But then I think she would apologize, TBH. The days of real animosity between Carly and Robin are over. I truly think they both respect each other now.

LOL @ this. Mo forgot about Courtney. Heh.

• Love 5
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I mean, sure, she could snap. But then I think she would apologize, TBH. The days of real animosity between Carly and Robin are over. I truly think they both respect each other now.

You're no fun! I will never believe Robin 100% respects Carly. :p 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

You're no fun! I will never believe Robin 100% respects Carly. :p 

Ha! Yeah, I get you. I guess I just mean they're both at a point where they respect the other's place in Sonny and Jason's lives. Robin really has done a lot for Carly's family, especially. 

• Love 1

Carly will always be jealous of Robin, and I think Robin will always have a certain contempt for Carly. But enough water is under the bridge at this point that they aren't openly hostile toward each other. There's grudging respect and acceptance for the feelings Sonny and Jason have for them.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

The important factor is the audience reaction - the degree of accceptance or non-acceptance - the reactions by which TPTB gauge the success or failure of stories or characters.   

I don't believe FV/Jelly/ABC gives one shit about audience reaction.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Valerie and Curtis are such a low visibility pairing that I don't even care that he did her dirty.

I cheered tbh.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I agree with Michael, it is their fault for thinking Sonny would be different.

When he said that I was like, "He does have a point."

My sister came in during the first Sonny scene and was like, "If he's such a big gangster (in quotes) then why can't he hold a gun?" LOL. I tried to watch the Sonny/Robin scenes because KMc was really good in what I did watch, but I just couldn't stomach it.

MC was good in the Anna/Griffin and Griffin/Charlotte scenes, but this whole story is so fucking stupid and pointless and horrible that I didn't really care.

I hate Jason. I hate how BM plays him. I just, seething fucking hatred. Jordan sucks too, but I wanted her to slap him or something today.

Nelle in the promo again fucking going on about poor Sonny. Seriously what the fuck is this shit? I can't. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly will always be jealous of Robin, and I think Robin will always have a certain contempt for Carly. But enough water is under the bridge at this point that they aren't openly hostile toward each other. There's grudging respect and acceptance for the feelings Sonny and Jason have for them.

I don't know about Robin. It's a debate I've had with different fans over the years. For Robin to still have contempt for Carly, I feel like she'd have to still feel a certain way about Jason and the loss of her family with him. And I don't think she's had those thoughts in decades. I mean, maybe on a certain level deep down both Robin and Jason know if the Carly/Michael lie never happened, they would have stayed together. But it's not on any conscious level. 

12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't know about Robin. It's a debate I've had with different fans over the years. For Robin to still have contempt for Carly, I feel like she'd have to still feel a certain way about Jason and the loss of her family with him. And I don't think she's had those thoughts in decades. I mean, maybe on a certain level deep down both Robin and Jason know if the Carly/Michael lie never happened, they would have stayed together. But it's not on any conscious level. 

I think she can still love Jason and still have contempt for Carly. Maybe contempt is too strong a word. Maybe just dislike.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the first two *care* . . . they just don't care enough to actually get rid of something if the audience hates something, depending on what it is.

They know they need audience approval on some level . . . otherwise we'd probably still be stuck with Canco.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

While their animosity is rooted in the Jason/Michael thing, there's more there over the years.  I'm thinking, specifically of Carly's various attempts to undermine Robin's relationship with Patrick (which he sometimes enabled a bit by indulging Carly instead of telling her to shut her ugly mouth, but that's another discussion).  There's also her taunting her about her HIV status, which, to me, is so above and beyond Jason.  I can buy that Robin is a good enough person to be willing to put it behind them, but that history is still there, under the surface, ripe for reappearing during an emotionally charged time.  And Carly, well, yeah, she expressed her gratitude that Robin saved Jason, but, I think that was mostly something that happened because Robin was basically leaving for good (save a return here and there).  If KMc was sticking around, and Robin wasn't leaving town, I don't think we would have had Carly being so completely grateful and ready to be buddies.  I think it's decently likely we would have had Carly going off on her for keeping his existence to herself, probably throwing in some accusations that Robin always did want to keep him away from her, and she finally had her chance, and if she had just been upfront with Carly and Sonny about his being alive before she went off to save him, Sonny could have helped get him out of their sooner, and he never would have developed amnesia, blah blah blah.  

So I think that Robin showing up to offer her condolences to Carly could have gone either way.  It could have been friendly and lovely, or it could have been Carly going batshit bitchy because she needs someone to take her anger out on, and Robin is a familiar target.  

• Love 8

@KerleyQ No, Carly's HIV comments were directly linked to Jason and mocking the fact that Robin couldn't have his child and Carly could.

I think Carly would have been grateful to Robin for saving Jason. I don't agree that her gratitude was just because KMc was leaving.

19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think she can still love Jason and still have contempt for Carly. Maybe contempt is too strong a word. Maybe just dislike.

Dislike, sure. Carly wasn't nice, in general. But deep-rooted hate or contempt? Still? Eh. Robin is way past that and everything Jason/Michael related.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

@KerleyQ No, Carly's HIV comments were directly linked to Jason and mocking the fact that Robin couldn't have his child and Carly could.

I think Carly would have been grateful to Robin for saving Jason. I don't agree that her gratitude was just because KMc was leaving.

Dislike, sure. Carly wasn't nice, in general. But deep-rooted hate or contempt? Still? Eh. Robin is way past that and everything Jason/Michael related.

I don't think it's about Jason/Michael though, and hasn't been for ages. It's just about Carly's basic personality.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think it's about Jason/Michael though, and hasn't been for ages. It's just about Carly's basic personality.

I'm agreeing with you. Her dislike is related to just Carly not being a very nice person. That's all.

14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I could swear I remember her using it to poke at the Robin/Patrick relationship, too.  It wasn't only a Jason thing.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

I could swear I remember her using it to poke at the Robin/Patrick relationship, too.  It wasn't only a Jason thing.  

The large majority of Carly's HIV comments were about sex between Jason/Robin and babies Jason/Robin "couldn't have." It was significantly only about Jason. Carly didn't care about Patrick/Robin in that way.

Was excited Robin wasn't a hallucination today. KMc was really good today. She has great chemistry with MB. So much so, it makes me briefly like him. And that's a miracle. Because I cannot stand MB in whatever SL he is given. Glad we got a quick Anna/Robin reunion today instead of waiting for tomorrow or next week. Also, on a purely superficial note, I thought KMc looked fantastic.  

Not the biggest LW fan. However, I have been watching her & not fast forwarding through her scenes.  Will admit she's been doing a really good job. I might be the only one but I never thought LW & MB had any chemistry. Just always felt too forced & over the top with that pairing.  Just hope if there are Robin & Carly scenes, Carly remembers Robin brought her BFF make from the dead, And not use Robin as an emotional punching bag. Just sayin'. I wish KMc would come back full time. As well as Tristan, JJY, KW, RC, JZ!

Nelle, Griffin, Nate/James, Claudette, Valerie are....  zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzz!

I just have this weird feeling that the writers are going to have Sonny have an affair with Nelle. 

Edited by rags
  • Love 5

Sorry folks, but I thought today was fantastic. I get that people like to hate on GH, and I've been there many, many, times myself, but today wasn't one of them.  It had everything that I like about the show. It was great that today was mostly only the vet characters on screen, or at least only the scenes that were interesting. Block out and ignore anything that involves Jordan or Valerie and BM's version of Jason too, and the rest of the show was golden.  Apart from those three, I loved the characters today. I love the fact that the characters brought back history that I remember as a long-time fan. For all the griping about MB,, he did a fantastic job in my opinion. He looked completely exhausted and distraught, and I love how KMC and him interacted on the bridge. Yeah I noticed the umpteenth pity party for Sonny, but I love the chemistry between those two actors.  I also love them discussing the history that I remember between them and Stone and all the things that Robin was talking about.  Those scenes just work for me. I also loved how Robin just called Sonny out on his cowardice. I like that she basically said "So you're going to take the easy way out and leave all the clean up for your family." Those were important words for him to hear.

I also loved the scene with Anna and Griffin, because Anna got to talk about her past with Robin. Again, it's about history of these characters and things I remember.  Of course I love the reunion between Anna and Robin too.  Those two are extraordinary together.

Lastly, I love the conversation between Michael and Carly. LW and CD have wonderful mother son chemistry on screen, and I can watch those two in any scenes together. I am also thrilled that Michael is still angry with Sonny, and color me shocked that he actually got to express his anger about what his father did to AJ. I almost fell off the couch. I also loved that Carly saw that her son was in pain, and she let him off the hook about having to take care of everybody else. I really hope Michael continues to be angry with his father, and that this is a turning point for him. The best line that came from him today was that he realizes that his father is never going to change, and none of the promises he makes to Michael is ever going to be kept.  I'm sure some are saying he should have come to that realization a long time ago, but I don't agree. It takes a loss like this one, a second loss, when you realize that the first betrayal wasn't a fluke. This is exactly who Sonny is. And that's what Michael said to Carly today.

So for me, I loved everything about today's episode.  Kudos to all the actors who brought their A game.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I could swear I remember her [Carly] using it [Robin's HIV status] to poke at the Robin/Patrick relationship, too.  It wasn't only a Jason thing.  

I do recall Carly saying something super shitty about her having HIV when Robin first returned/they were first setting up the pairing with Patrick.  And then Robin walloped her in the face like a boss.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do recall Carly saying something super shitty about her having HIV when Robin first returned/they were first setting up the pairing with Patrick.  And then Robin walloped her in the face like a boss.

And it was about Jason/Robin and their sex. Carly was so gross. That slap was lit.

• Love 3

Damn, I lost my entire post.

16 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I also loved the scene with Anna and Griffin

I'm so tired of Griffin whining about breaking his vows and wondering what sort of priest he is. A human one, duh. Don't they teach them at the seminary that they aren't above temptation and other mortal flaws?

17 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I also loved that Carly saw that her son was in pain, and she let him off the hook about having to take care of everybody else.

You know why Michael feels like he has to take care of everybody else, Carly? Because you and Sonny forced him into that role ages ago. Other than that, those scenes were good.

I don't think mentioning Stone was the right tack to take with Sonny. I know, History!, but I think Robin should have emphasized that Sonny has other kids who need him. The strongest (and best) point she made was about him being a selfish jerk by leaving everyone else to clean up his messes. And the exchange about his word meaning something was really good.

So gross that Jordan used Valerie to give Curtis a message. And her "I don't want to get involved in your relationship, but..." was ridiculous. Then don't! Let what happens happen! It's not even good soap. And sorry, Show, but Curtis working for Julian doesn't make Curtis corrupt. It's so dumb how they try to slant everything connected to Julian as OMG TEH EVUL.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And it was about Jason/Robin and their sex. Carly was so gross. That slap was lit.

Those scenes were also the way Patrick ended up learning about Robin's HIV.  That's right.  Instead of Robin getting to tell Patrick herself, he overheard it from Carly's ranting and raving at Robin.  Worst possible way to learn about that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, but they do pay A LOT of attention to the mail count and audience reaction.  Definitely!!  We'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Bishop said:

I am also thrilled that Michael is still angry with Sonny, and color me shocked that he actually got to express his anger about what his father did to AJ. I almost fell off the couch. I also loved that Carly saw that her son was in pain, and she let him off the hook about having to take care of everybody else. I really hope Michael continues to be angry with his father, and that this is a turning point for him. The best line that came from him today was that he realizes that his father is never going to change, and none of the promises he makes to Michael is ever going to be kept.  I'm sure some are saying he should have come to that realization a long time ago, but I don't agree. It takes a loss like this one, a second loss, when you realize that the first betrayal wasn't a fluke. This is exactly who Sonny is. And that's what Michael said to Carly today.

See, as frustrating as it was to watch Michael forgive Sonny over a year ago, I did get a bit of a vibe that he was only cautiously forgiving him, probably having a suspicion that he'd hurt him and/or the rest of the family again.  And now, seeing how down and depressed he is, it's clear that it's hit him like a ton of bricks that forgiving him was probably a mistake because he's done it again -- hurt him and the rest of the family.  Like Michael himself said, Sonny never means to hurt those he loves.  But he still manages to do it.  Over and over again.  And he finally accepted that it's a cycle that's never going to stop.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

I love the fact that the characters brought back history that I remember as a long-time fan. …

I also love them discussing the history that I remember between them and Stone and all the things that Robin was talking about. …

I also loved the scene with Anna and Griffin, because Anna got to talk about her past with Robin.…

It showed today that these writers are capable of respecting the canon while moving the plot forward. 

But it raises the question, "why can't they do it all the time"? 

• Love 4

They need to do an "It's a Wonderful Life" episode where it show's what would happen if Sonny were never born.  It would show they everyone would have been happier and so much better off without him.  Then Sonny could be free to do Port Charles a favor and end his sorry existence. 

• Love 14

I had to laugh when Jason threatened Curtis with a call to Dante.  "I have him on speed dial".   Aww Jason Wuvs Dante now.  

Loved Robin calling Sonny out on his cowardice on taking the easy way out and leaving everyone to deal with his mess.  But I'm starting to get a bad feeling that it will turn out to be someone else who ordered that bomb, that Sonnys hit was canceled at the last minute.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

They need to do an "It's a Wonderful Life" episode where it show's what would happen if Sonny were never born.  It would show they everyone would have been happier and so much better off without him.  Then Sonny could be free to do Port Charles a favor and end his sorry existence. 

You beat me to it. If there was no Sonny, Jason would not be a hitman. Kannie and AJ and so many others would be alive. The only downside is that there would be no Dante for him to shoot.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

They need to do an "It's a Wonderful Life" episode where it show's what would happen if Sonny were never born.  It would show they everyone would have been happier and so much better off without him.

Also, think of who'd be alive who isn't alive now.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Bishop said:

he actually got to express his anger about what his father did to AJ. I almost fell off the couch. I also loved that Carly saw that her son was in pain, and she let him off the hook about having to take care of everybody else. I really hope Michael continues to be angry with his father, and that this is a turning point for him. The best line that came from him today was that he realizes that his father is never going to change, and none of the promises he makes to Michael is ever going to be kept.  I'm sure some are saying he should have come to that realization a long time ago, but I don't agree. It takes a loss like this one, a second loss, when you realize that the first betrayal wasn't a fluke. This is exactly who Sonny is. And that's what Michael said to Carly today.

I agree that Chad did a great job with the Michael-Carly scenes today. However, I hate that the full weight of Michael's pain (AJ and now Morgan too) is still being glossed over/dismissed by his so-called devoted mother. That's what I got from their lines, and LW's performance. She will never truly understand, nor care, that Sonny betrayed Michael by killing AJ. She and Sonny were never, ever sorry about murdering AJ and covering it up. They were sorry they got caught and that Michael shut them out as a result. 

She should have said, "You never should have been made to feel responsible for any of us in the first place after you got shot in the head just for being near Sonny. I am so sorry for everything you've suffered because of our mistakes." Her attitude is about Michael not being the one to take care of Sonny, and also not to feel guilt about Morgan because she believes he was a great brother to Morgan. I don't think she gets mom points for saying that after Michael was already nearly killed, and has lost two people he loves. Saying what she did is the absolute least she could do for him.

• Love 9

God, this Sonny's Box of Pain World Tour is making me want to jump off that bridge for the sheer relief of not having to hear about it anymore.  And it's all so pointless, because I know, in the end, Sonny will be exonerated and some other Big Bad will be responsible for Morgan's non death.

Until then:  Shut up, Jason.  You berate Curtis for working for Julian to get to the truth, but then you're working double-time to do the same thing?   And you have a cop on speed-dial?  I thought that was against the slippery slope that is your 'moral code.'

• Love 8

She was talking about Sonny and only Sonny and how he would not be taking responsibility for his actions regarding Morgan and leaving his family to deal with it by themselves. 

My problem is that Robin is a doctor.  Coward and weakness are highly charged words when related to suicide and to hear a doctor say those things to a man with mental health challenges who also is grieving the death of his child, a death he believes he is responsible for, is just awful.  All that scene showed me was that Robin was talking out of her ill informed ass like a damned fool.  Carly might talk that way, she has zero background or training, she's a volatile, selfish woman who is forever lashing out at others but Robin should definitely not.

My guess? Whoever wrote that scene made no attempt to educate themselves on suicide or on how to approach/talk to someone you might believe is suicidal. They just cribbed from every special episode they'd seen on tv and went from there.  It probably didn't even occur to anyone on the show that Robin is a doctor and a doctor would approach that situation, even with a friend, in a different fashion.

This is why GH should not even remotely attempt to tackle serious issues.  They don't understand it, they don't know how to write it and they certainly don't have any desire to take the matter seriously.  They don't with sexual assault, they don't with mental heath and now, you can add suicide to the list.

• Love 3

Jelly need to drop this priest angle with Griffin. Him having an identity crisis and struggling to come to terms with Claud and now his alleged child could and should be good but these writers are incapable of doing it justice.

Did Anna manage to go a single episode without mentioning Justice For Duke, or did I miss it>

This Jordan/Curtis thing is extremely lame. I really want to like her but they need to give her a proper story that doesn't involve her being another incompetent cop or or being a judgmental shrew. And for whatever it's worth I think she and Curtis actually have some chemistry and could be much more compelling than Curtis/that Val girl. 

The Robin and Sonny scenes were good, but Robin shouldn't have even bothered to help Sonny. If he killed himself, oh well. 

I really loved the Michael and Carly scenes and thought LW and CD were excellent. I only wish they would be allowed to remember this conversation when Morgan shows up alive and it's revealed that Sonny isn't responsible for the explosion.

So it seems Jelly are actually capable of decent writing when they want to be, but I guess this is only sustainable for certain scenes in one episode. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes Robin, Sonny was so great to Stone.  However, what about how he treated your friend Karen.  Sonny exploited her history of being sexually abused, got her hooked on drugs, got her to become a stripper at his club, slept with her and when she finally got the strength to leave him, Sonny tried to kill her.  Sonny also tried to kill your friend Jax in front of you, in your living room and shot you by mistake.  Oh, he did this while your young daughter was in the house and when she heard the shot Emma came down stairs, saw Sonny with a gun and her mother standing there bleeding.  Yet you insist on propping up Sonny no matter what he does to other people?  You need to stop looking at Sonny thru Stone goggles and open your eyes and look at Sonny as he REALLY is.

A-fucking-men! I've never understood why the show has Robin be such a mob apologist. Only when it comes to the goons she cares about, of course. 

8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL @ this. Mo forgot about Courtney. Heh.

Bwahahaha! Oh, SkipperBitch, even your forced brother has forgotten you! 

I am truly starting to actively hate NuJason with his new found Sonny concern. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, stlbf said:

I've never understood why the show has Robin be such a mob apologist.

I actually understand why Robin loves Sonny and Jason more than I understand why she loves her own husband and mother. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Vella said:

My problem is that Robin is a doctor.  Coward and weakness are highly charged words when related to suicide and to hear a doctor say those things to a man with mental health challenges who also is grieving the death of his child, a death he believes he is responsible for, is just awful.  All that scene showed me was that Robin was talking out of her ill informed ass like a damned fool. 

His decision to go up on that bridge with a gun was not a result of being unknowingly bi-polar though, or struggling with 'how do I manage my bi-polar?' - he did it out guilt, self-pity, and cowardice.  Robin was approaching Sonny as the man she has known since she was a teenager.  She was not wrong to call him out on truths - he doesn't feel like dealing with his family's anger so he's willing to leave them behind to pick up the pieces after a disaster of his own making, he doesn't want to live with the guilt of that disaster, and he doesn't want to give up his pursuit of revenge on Julian.  Robin is very well informed on Sonny - she remembers when child Michael was brought into the ER with a gunshot wound because he was near Sonny. Her husband operated on the kid!

Robin would absolutely be out of line if she was in a hospital, talking to him as a parent who was suicidal because he'd forgotten his child in a hot car, or run over the kid in a driveway because he didn't see him. She would be out of line if she was saying it in anger, to hurt him back because he'd killed a loved one of hers while off his meds. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

She was not wrong to call him out on truths - he doesn't feel like dealing with his family's anger so he's willing to leave them behind to pick up the pieces after a disaster of his own making, he doesn't want to live with the guilt of that disaster, and he doesn't want to give up his pursuit of revenge on Julian.

Yep. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Nelle in the promo again fucking going on about poor Sonny. Seriously what the fuck is this shit? I can't.

Peach, I hear you; but it's that same old syndrome where strangers come into Sonny's household or sphere of influence and are drawn in, completely mesmerized and loyal to him.  Julian is the only character who is inevitably opposed to Sonny, but Julian seems so weak as to be negligible.

"Everybody loves Sonny, but Sonny ruins everything."

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

His decision to go up on that bridge with a gun was not a result of being unknowingly bi-polar though, or struggling with 'how do I manage my bi-polar?' - he did it out guilt, self-pity, and cowardice.

Sonny is bipolar, so he has ongoing mental health struggles, which is compounded by the fact that his kid just died by, what he believes to be, his hand. As a result, the show presented him as being suicidal, full stop. If they want to write that story, then they need to take it seriously.  They didn't, instead they had a doctor say asinine things and  it was over in 30 minutes.

Why even go there if they're just going to make an absolute mess of it? It lasted one episode.  GH's writing is piss poor, but when they start lumbering towards topics like suicide and sexual assault and racism, it becomes offensive because they don't get it and they're too lazy to try.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 10

I am so sick of seeing Maurice Bernard on my screen.   There is so much that could be improved and even fixed with this soap opera by removing Sonny.  This character is a VILE THUG.  The actor's freshness date has long since expired.  The only positive thing about this character is that it makes me enjoy (just about) ANY scene that he is not in.

• Love 16