Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel like she was a ditzy bad girl though. I'd have to go back and watch the clips, I didn't pay much attention to Maxie at the time. KSt looked so cutsie that even though she was an actual bad girl at that point that I feel it kinda impeded on my being able to take her seriously.

See from what I remember Maxie was normal just not smart like Georgie. She had Georgie beat in the people department though. It was when Maxie got with Spin that they exaggerated her not book smart aspect of her persona into making her a complete ditz. 

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gah. IDGAF about Spencer.

Agreed, although Jake has slowly been usurping his position as the tot on this show who irritates me the most.  And it's not so much Jake himself, but the plot point-y way the writers are using him.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Agreed, although Jake has slowly been usurping his position as the tot on this show who irritates me the most.  And it's not so much Jake himself, but the plot point-y way the writers are using him.

He should return to his previous home at the cemetery.

• Love 8

And I find it interesting that the showrunners say the reason we don't see a lot of the kids is that children are expensive to work with (??) and yet we see Spencer and/or Jake biweekly if not weekly. Have we seen Danny at all since JaSam got back from The Island?

• Love 3

Forget Danny - joking aside, I don't think we've seen Cameron or Aiden on-screen since February, when Jake was in the hospital.  That's ridiculous to me.  But let's make sure to carve out a little storyline for Spencer when the actor has time in his schedule. #eyeroll

And I'm sure it'll be the same today, since we know Liz is with Jake and Jason from the preview.  "Oh you just missed Cam and Aiden, they're at camp/Grams' house/at a sleepover/locked in the attic/on a spaceship!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm not sure what if anything Spencer would be able to inherit. He's illegitimate Corky spawn

Right? I would think he'd be ineligible for the title and the entirety of the estate. At best, he'd get whatever personal wealth Nikolas might have had - though Hayden would have a claim to that as well - and a fraction of the estate, along with every other living Cassadine.

If this show weren't written by hacks, then this is when Nikolas and Lydia's legitimate child would show up to make a claim.

• Love 4
Just now, Melgaypet said:

Right? I would think he'd be ineligible for the title and the entirety of the estate. At best, he'd get whatever personal wealth Nikolas might have had - though Hayden would have a claim to that as well - and a fraction of the estate, along with every other living Cassadine.

If this show weren't written by hacks, then this is when Nikolas and Lydia's legitimate child would show up to make a claim.

And that would be a worthwhile addition to the cast - instead of FV's constant stream of "vapid little nothings"

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Forget Danny - joking aside, I don't think we've seen Cameron or Aiden on-screen since February, when Jake was in the hospital.  That's ridiculous to me.  But let's make sure to carve out a little storyline for Spencer when the actor has time in his schedule. #eyeroll

And I'm sure it'll be the same today, since we know Liz is with Jake and Jason from the preview.  "Oh you just missed Cam and Aiden, they're at camp/Grams' house/at a sleepover/locked in the attic/on a spaceship!".

Lol, am I the only one surprised this show never killed off Cam?

But I can't forget Danny, TBH. He has more of a reason to be on-screen in the past few months and they still won't show him. It's weird and it's a disservice to the characters and the actors who can't bond for even a SECOND with the kid in order to portray a real bond and family.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So much for Jason being there for all Liz's kids, which he said he was going to do.  Now it's only about Jake and his clench-teethed quest to make sure he approves of everyone in the kid's orbit.  

Meanwhile, Danny is in the Q attic reading about the Q family history and deciding he wants to be just like Great-Grandpa Edward.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But I can't forget Danny, TBH. He has more of a reason to be on-screen in the past few months and they still won't show him. It's weird and it's a disservice to the characters and the actors who can't bond for even a SECOND with the kid in order to portray a real bond and family.

It's too bad too - Danny #5(?) was adorable and seemed good on camera

• Love 1

I missed it, when they were on Cassadine Island, did anyone ever see "dead" Nik's body?  And if they didn't, cause they had to escape, why wouldn't they have gone back to retrieve it?

41 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Danny's still young enough that casting can be a problem. It's probably why we don't see much of Avery these days, either. The little girls are getting talkative and disruptive (in an entirely age-appropriate way; I'm not shaming), so it's easier on everyone not to have them onscreen.

But it's dumb to say kids are trouble when we Spencer way too often and don't see Cam, who's the same age (more or less) or Aidan, who's not a toddler. Typical of this show to favor certain actors over others, regardless of age or story necessity.

15 minutes ago, bannana said:

I missed it, when they were on Cassadine Island, did anyone ever see "dead" Nik's body?  And if they didn't, cause they had to escape, why wouldn't they have gone back to retrieve it?

Ava was in the room when Nik went over the parapet for the "final" time, but she didn't actually see anything, I don't think. She definitely never saw his body. Neither did anyone else; in fact, they're taking Ava's word for it, not that she's intentionally lying. The body went into the sea, I think, so it would be difficult to retrieve it.

• Love 2

So much for being ethically bound not to tell anyone about Sam or her baby's medical health, Liz. Of course she told Franco out of everyone.

Love Laura and Kevin. It's never a good idea to apologize for kissing a woman, dude. Loved her "I hope you're more intuitive with your patients than you are in this conversation."

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Danny's still young enough that casting can be a problem. It's probably why we don't see much of Avery these days, either. The little girls are getting talkative and disruptive (in an entirely age-appropriate way; I'm not shaming), so it's easier on everyone not to have them onscreen.

But it's dumb to say kids are trouble when we Spencer way too often and don't see Cam, who's the same age (more or less) or Aidan, who's not a toddler. Typical of this show to favor certain actors over others, regardless of age or story necessity.

Ava was in the room when Nik went over the parapet for the "final" time, but she didn't actually see anything, I don't think. She definitely never saw his body. Neither did anyone else; in fact, they're taking Ava's word for it, not that she's intentionally lying. The body went into the sea, I think, so it would be difficult to retrieve it.

Thanks!  I guess he has a long swim back to PC then.

Another day, another lackluster reveal, this time Nathan realizing that Griffin was Claudette's slam piece slash the guy he shot.  So boring.  And Nathan reacting by shoving him into a wall?  Hey Tree, maybe don't attack the guy you nearly murdered who decided to forgive you and not report your vigilante ass.

Laura/Kevin were sweet.  I loved her being all, "NO I don't want Luke!".  Damn right, lady.

Shut up, Jake.

ETA....LUCY WITH KEVIN IN THE PREVIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Sam/Alexis were cute. Always love their scenes. Loved Sams hair today.

Liez continues to be pathetic about Jason. She really thought she would be his HEA.

Also Liez when someone tells you that they arent telling anyone their baby news maybe not tell the guy that sexually their wife. What a moron. Jeez.

I find it amusing how Jason always sends Jake off screen to get some food lol. He has done that twice now. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yep, Jake is always onscreen merely to serve as a tool to bond Liz with her SERIAL KILLER in shining armor.  Gag.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm confused. :insert my Morgan face:

That was me (to the tune of Pitbull's song "Timber") foreseeing the crap that happened today, which I refuse to comment on because I don't care enough (and have never cared enough) about Liz/Jason/Sam. Thank you, Jasus.

• Love 1

Kelly Monaco, to me, has always been like the woman in the Seinfeld episode who looked different in varying types of light. Some days I don't think she's attractive at all, but today she looked lovely. 

But that said, and since I've mentioned appropriate attire a couple of times lately, I will comment that she apparently wore an understated, but still sequined dress to a funeral. So I guess the fashion rules in Port Charles are different than those most of us adhere to.  Hey, Producers! If you want to show off some of the dresses you've somehow acquired, why don't you have everyone go out for an evening? 

On 8/19/2016 at 3:43 PM, LexieLily said:

Or how she's letting Jason claim the son he was raising.

To be fair, that's his fault for choosing "darkness" over active parenting

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Another annoying thing about Lucky's off-screen appearance at Nikolas' funeral - Liz has no reaction to it.  We're supposed to think they didn't speak?

I wish Lucky would've found the other two in the closet and taken them with him to...wherever it is he's living. It's not like Liez would notice.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Well, that's his fault for choosing "darkness" over active parenting

I just...the show has done a semi-decent job of showing that Jax and Joss have a relationship despite Jax mostly being off-screen, why is it so hard to do the same with Lucky.

And the show has no interest in Cameron and Aiden...why not say they're off somewhere with Lucky for the summer and Jake stayed behind because he's doing therapy.  Done!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

I just...the show has done a semi-decent job of showing that Jax and Joss have a relationship despite Jax mostly being off-screen, why is it so hard to do the same with Lucky

It's jarringly and unnecessarily out of character and since it's "too expensive" to have Cam & Aiden onscreen anyway, why not say that Lucky has them while Jake is undergoing therapy. Didn't RC start a story with DNAJake exhibiting violent tendencies toward Cam? Wasn't that supposed to be the justification for allowing him to be in proximity to the SERIAL KILLER?

• Love 3

In my mind Lucky has recognized Liz is only invested in Jason's son and has whisked Cam/Aiden away to Africa.

Nathan blaming his victim for shooting him was just too much. I don't care about his pain over a stupid green card marriage. He should be happy Claudette is after someone new. I really don't understand why he went ragemonster and attacked Nathan. Griffin should have taken Nathan's gun out and shot him.

Does makeup hate Maxie? She is looking mighty angular. I miss temp Maxie.

Alexis day drinking. I can get behind this.

Don't worry Paul - everything is being done to find the killer! Jordan has her best rookie on the case! Dante's busy with lamps and Nathan is preoccupied with his love life.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, melody16 said:

I didn't think the Liz/Jason stuff was too bad honestly.  

I think it definitely depends on how you look at it. It's..tiring...to see Liz be the one constantly carrying whatever torch for Jason, lamenting on their love and their HEA, while he gets to be written as fine and dandy. I want the writers to just allow Liz to stop feeling ANYTHING romantic for this dude. ANYTHING. It's enough. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Or how she's letting Jason claim the son he was raising.

That's nothing new. Lucky was never against Jason seeing Jake. It was pretty farcical from the beginning to keep that a secret (from the "he works for the mob" standpoint, I mean—everyone soon found out about Jake anyway). Jason had to remind Carly that Liz and Lucky needed to give the okay for the kidney transplant. And as much as I hate that Lucky is off in Africa dealing with "the darkness," he's not in Port Charles. He has no business complaining that Jason is stepping when he's been away for years. (Again, I think how they've written Lucky as a father is terrible and completely unnecessary, but it's what we've got. So that's what I'm basing this on.) 

4 minutes ago, melody16 said:

I agree, but it's natural for her to be upset or wistful.  As long as it only lasts today and she never thinks about him again.  

IF ONLY. They'll never write Liz as over Jason.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, melody16 said:

I agree, but it's natural for her to be upset or wistful.  As long as it only lasts today and she never thinks about him again.  

I wish I could believe that it would never happen again. But this is how it's always been. Liz has to be the one to keep that love alive and continue to talk about him while Jason/Sam move on and do their own thing. I don't envy Liz fans, especially after how she was thrown under the bus with The Lie to begin with.

• Love 5

Hi everybody, after following this show and board for years (first TWOP then here), I realized nothing would change except for the worse.  I've been gone since Nurse's Ball, and I've pretty much stopped thinking about GH.  But I was curious, I admit, to see if anything DID change in the last six months.  I'd love it if someone would give me a snarky recap.

I assume Sonny is still a dick, Nik is an undead dick, hopefully Luke is zombie forever gone dick, Jason is now whitewashed of his murderous past and is now Good Guy, Julian is dick on steroids, Dante is pussywhipped, and Nathan is totally clueless.  Franco is still on show, acting like smarmy asshole.  Alexis alternates between self-righteous and hypocritically corrupt, her daughters are idiots (welcome back Krissy!), Liz is still delusional and lying, Hayden is still on show for Reasons, Tracy is both awesome and hideously mean, Sam is still fan-gurling over a hitman, Spinelli works for Sonny?, and Ava still lying and cheating, Nina delusional and insane, Maxie falling apart, and Lulu cares only about her uterus but not about her kids.  

Read last five pages and I gather Jax is back and kinda grew a brain where Carly is concerned, and Carly is still scheming bitch with few if any redeeming qualities.  The only remotely interesting story is that Laura and Kevin (really?  Is that Jon Lindstrom Kevin or imposter?  How long before he is brutally murdered for Reasons?)

I stand by my exit - the only thing I miss is you guys -

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz's lingering feelings about Jason only make her latest romantic choice - the SERIAL KILLER who terrorized Jason and his loved ones for years - all the more glaringly bad.

I just can't with any of it. And I'm not even a FAN anymore.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

That was me (to the tune of Pitbull's song "Timber") foreseeing the crap that happened today, which I refuse to comment on because I don't care enough (and have never cared enough) about Liz/Jason/Sam. Thank you, Jasus.

ah, gotchya. I care though that they are doing this to Liz. Like why do they have to have her do shit like tell Franco about this pregnancy? Whyyyy. Damn it, why couldn't Lucky just take her away with him yesterday.

Someone needs to point out to Franco that Jason did appreciate Liz until he found out she was lying. And I was waiting for someone to point out that Jake was was drawing devil pictures of Sam at one point (which they did but they made me wait!)

The Laura/Kevin stuff reminded me of when Stephen Nichols said one of the reasons the Stefan/Laura romance didn't work out very well was that they started dating right after Lucky died and perhaps that wasn't the best time to get a new romance going. Well see Stephen Nichols, depends on the son!

How did Griffin expect Nathan to make amends if he didn't know who Griffin was or how to find him?

Griffin and Maxie will never be able to date, because they'll just throw up roadblocks in each other's way right away. Maxie just going on about how Nathan is definitely still in love with Claudette, maybe he's actually pissed because Griffin was kinda of a condescending douche (who is nice enough not to press attempted murder charges). If I were Nathan I would have dumped her on the damn spot. Why don't they have Maxie cite Dante's cheating from last year for why she feels insecure? I think that would be understandable. Oh wait, we're not supposed to remember Dante cheated. (I'm usually fine with that, except they only bring it up to say "well he wouldn't've done it if Lulu hadn't lied!")

Was it just me or were Nathan's arms get a tan between today and yesterday's episode?

Was that apartment Valerie's, or Curtis'?

Is Paul the hospital killer? Why is he still here?

Morgan's face looks extra derpy in the previews:

https://twitter.com/fyeahGH/status/766714200857124864

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I just can't with any of it. And I'm not even a FAN anymore.

It's like they can't help themselves making Liz look terrible.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wish I could believe that it would never happen again. But this is how it's always been. Liz has to be the one to keep that love alive and continue to talk about him while Jason/Sam move on and do their own thing. I don't envy Liz fans, especially after how she was thrown under the bus with The Lie to begin with.

Yeah, that's how I feel. Like it wouldn't be realistic that she wouldn't feel something, but I don't trust it won't stop after today. She wanted to be Jason's "happily ever after?" No Liz your happily ever after left yesterday!!

20 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Why is it that the Laura/Kevin kissing scene was so much sexier that Griff/Claudette?

Well for one thing Claudette's lips were pursed shut like she sucked on a lemon.

• Love 3