Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Vella said:

This was deliberate. Nikolas and Robin became friends as teens 20 years ago.

And people change in 20 years; this is what happened here. I don't deny Anna and Patrick sucked toxic balls during the whole Robin As Annual Hostage Follies that happened, but Nik stopped caring about Robin ages ago. My guess is the foundation was laid when the show seemed to flirt with Nik wanting to get in Looney Lisa's drawers. And only got worse.

• Love 1

I never said the show stated that Nik knew Robin was captive. I said, IMO, he knew because he was working with Helena, she told him Robin brought Jason back to life, and she was being held on THEIR island. Again, it's just MO. It makes more sense than him not knowing with SO much information at his disposal.

Regardless, Nik has nothing to do with Anna/Patrick, although I do believe the show made a mistake and gave Nik, Liz, Patrick, Sam and Anna enough info to figure it out. That's why they ALL looked terrible throughout the story. ALL of them.

• Love 6
(edited)

Nikolas knew Jason was alive, which meant he knew something was off about the story Helena forced Robin to tell.  That'd be enough for me to cross him off the Christmas card list if I was Robin.

Nikolas still needs to be taken down about a 1,000 notches.  Robin not warmly embracing him isn't even the teeniest tiniest tip of the iceberg.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nikolas knew Jason was alive, which meant he knew something was off about the story Helena forced Robin to tell.  That'd be enough for me to cross him off the Christmas list if I was Robin.

Yep. And this is random, but he had NO reaction when Hells was talking about what she forced Robin to do in her little death video, while at least Liz had a noticeable reaction.

• Love 5

If a foundation was laid, it was laid with everyone. Yet Nikolas is the one who doesn't get to have the same relationship? Today we saw Robin with Anna, no problems, no questions, no troubles and yet Anna's failures are much bigger.  Same goes for Patrick. Same goes for Sonny. Same goes for Jason.

Yet their connections to Robin are unblemished.  But because Nikolas is now a designated plot point of EVUL against Sam and Jason, one of the few longstanding friendships gets trashed so Nikolas can be mean to poor, poor Jason.  Jason who now remembers pretty much everything but hasn't killed Obrecht who TORTURED Robin.  Anna hasn't done anything to Obrecht either.

If Robin can beam that Jason got his serial killer memories back and hug her mother, then she can have a friendship with Nikolas too.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Vella said:

If Robin can beam that Jason got his serial killer memories back and hug her mother, then she can have a friendship with Nikolas too.

Maybe it'll resume in the future. We don't know. But with Nik so blasé about wanting to blow out the brains of a woman then acting oh, so put out she isn't all "bygones", well...if the Nik/Robin friendship is forever gone, I think Robin is better for it.

• Love 11

I just loathe the choices these writers make. The very slim thread of friendship between Robin and Nikolas just got frayed that much more today and for what? For NOTHING. For fucking Jason Morgan.

Jason Morgan. How many characters are going to be trashed so Jason can be righteous? So Jason can have another moment of his halo gleaming?

Nikolas didn't even get to LOOK at Robin.  I know it takes a village to sustain Jason and Sam, but fucking hell that was horrible.  For what? For 10 seconds of Nikolas being mean for the millionth time for no other reason than Jason and Sam need a prop and Franco already took his turn. Ugh.

• Love 5

I give no craps about Ava, but I am astounded Connie is still brought up; she sucked even worse (under Kelly Sullivan). She should have just been Kate Howard with the chic haircut as she was under Megan Ward, not some DID joke.

Connie should be in Angel and Reese territory. Best forgotten completely.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Vella said:

I just loathe the choices these writers make. The very slim thread of friendship between Robin and Nikolas just got frayed that much more today and for what? For NOTHING. For fucking Jason Morgan.

Jason Morgan. How many characters are going to be trashed so Jason can be righteous? So Jason can have another moment of his halo gleaming?

Nikolas didn't even get to LOOK at Robin.  I know it takes a village to sustain Jason and Sam, but fucking hell that was horrible.  For what? For 10 seconds of Nikolas being mean for the millionth time for no other reason than Jason and Sam need a prop and Franco already took his turn. Ugh.

I think their friendship was frayed way before today, and quite frankly I'm glad that she looked disgusted with Nik's behavior, especially since she just patted Liz on the head over her lies. Nik was a douche today and didn't look at Robin, not because they were propping Jason and Sam, but because Nik is a selfish douche now who cares about no one but himself.

• Love 10

@Vella...I totally understand where you're coming from. And I agree. It's disappointing to see the choices these writers have made and the characters/relationships they've destroyed. I'm also at a point where I can't even discuss past and even present stories anymore because it's THAT disappointing.

So I just gotta look at the good. Today, that was Robin/Emma. <3

• Love 2

Whether or not Nik knew about Robin's captivity, he definitely knew that Sam's husband was alive when Sam moved in with Patrick/Emma. Nik hurt her family. He had more information - so yes, he IS more accountable.

And Nik and Robin were friends but the Robin/Jason relationship precedes that friendship both in time and by several degrees of importance.

• Love 7

Nina as red-carpet commentator was awful.

Push back on Nik, Hayden. It's boring watching you snipe and threaten him ineffectually.

Doesn't Carly already have a copy of the Connie confession? Isn't that what she had Spin retrieve, or was that something else? I can't keep track of what's been changed and what hasn't.

"I actually think I'm falling in love with your daughter." Not really the smartest thing to have a priest say to an 8-year-old these days.

Liz's second dress is pretty ugly; I liked the first better. It was much more sophisticated.

Poor Kathleen Gati.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't Carly already have a copy of the Connie confession? Isn't that what she had Spin retrieve, or was that something else? I can't keep track of what's been changed and what hasn't.

Spin and her had the tape of Sonny shooting AJ. What she was looking for today was the recording of Ava admitting to Connie's murder. Which, doesn't Paul still have that? I don't know what she found today. Hopefully whatever it is gets stolen right back when she has to attend to a sick Bobbie.

More Nike the Douche stuff: Shut up, Nikolas! Jason may be many crappy things, but he was Emily's brother and he has every right to say her name, unlike you who stole her family's company and acted like a smug asshole about it.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

As it should be!

And her call with Patrick! "Counting the minutes until you get home...I love you, too."

SHUT UP, I'M IN MY EMOTIONS!!!!!!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

Her her call with Patrick! "Counting the minutes until you get home...I love you, too."

SHUT UP, I'M IN MY EMOTIONS!!!!!!

I'm still shocked - SHOCKED! - that a couple I loved got the fabled happy ending.

• Love 5

Which, doesn't Paul still have that?

I'm pretty sure he does, but considering they changed the fact that he shot Sonny to Carlos shot Sonny, maybe he doesn't.

I'm guessing from Carly's reaction that it's a sex tape with Morgan.  

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Spin and her had the tape of Sonny shooting AJ. What she was looking for today was the recording of Ava admitting to Connie's murder.

Isn't that the same tape?  It all got recorded on AJ's phone - first AJ confronting Ava about killing Connie, then Sonny coming in and shooting AJ.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think that if anyone switched paternity results, it would be Snarly.  It makes no sense that Ava would want Sonny to be her baby's daddy.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Lillybee said:

I think that if anyone switched paternity results, it would be Snarly.  I makes no sense that Ava would want Sonny to be her baby's daddy.

Yeah, if anything, Ava would have switched it so she was Morgan's. 

Maybe this flash drive shows Julian doing something naughty, maybe an insurance policy Ava kept for herself...in a completely unsafe place.

4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think that if anyone switched paternity results, it would be Snarly.  It makes no sense that Ava would want Sonny to be her baby's daddy.

At the time, wasn't Ava trying to protect herself from Sonny by joining the hallowed ranks of his baby mamas? I thought that was why the disgusting cryptsex happened in the first place*

*That and the fact that RC was attempting to tie his new Jeromes to the canvas by hook or by crook

Well at least Maxie/Robin had a moment. Although somebody ought to tell Maxie if Anna can walk the red carpet alone so can she. Unless Maxie wanted to use the other person as a shield.

Emma was a little much for me but I liked seeing Robin.

Scotty did look good with his scruff.

Overkill for floppy haired Franco to pick up Liz completely.

Whose idea was it for Michelle Stafford to look the camera directly in the eye?* Must be what getting kissed by a Dementor from Harry Potter feels like. 

*I know, I know, it was probably Michelle Stafford's. 

• Love 9

Was the stuff with Nina supposed to be funny?  Because she came across as mentally unstable or something.  WTF?

Franco catching Liz when she fell, seriously show.  Shut up about Franco.

Having said that, shut up Jason.  

Also NIk, you have to pay taxes, like most grownups.  Get over it.  and shut up!

Loved the Scorpio reunion, including Maxie and Robin.  

Ooooh, what's wrong with Bobbie?  Or is that just a red herring, she'll be fine, then something really does happen to Lucas.  

Lucy honey, why do you need to remind yourself to keep your clothes on.  That should be something that you don't really have to think about or make plans about.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well at least Maxie/Robin had a moment. 

Emma was a little much for me 

Maxie saying, "Sorry, Patrick!" cracked me up. I don't know why.

The Emma/Griffin stuff is just getting strange, lol.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well at least Maxie/Robin had a moment. Although somebody ought to tell Maxie if Anna can walk the red carpet alone so can she. Unless Maxie wanted to use the other person as a shield.

There might as well have been a neon sign blaring "WE'RE GOING TO PAIR UP MAXIE AND GRIFFIN!!!!" hanging over their heads.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Maxie saying, "Sorry, Patrick!" cracked me up. I don't know why.

The Emma/Griffin stuff is just getting strange, lol.

I think it cause it actually sounded like a thing real people would say instead of the mostly generic stock phrases the scriptwriters bust out these days. Not that things real people can't be generic as well, but there's a difference between Generic Stuff People Wouldn't Say and Generic Stuff People Would Say.

Yeeeeeah re: Emma and Griffin. "I think I'm falling in love with your daughter" kinda gives off Jacob/Renesmee vibes over there. The look on Robin's face before they cut to commercial told me she thought the same, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Canon Robin forgives basically everyone, for everything, so her ghosting Nik would really be to prop Jason.  Again.  Still.  I don't really give a fig, but the show should at least pretend they want to be consistent with their characters.  (ha ha, I know, I ask a lot!)

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

There might as well have been a neon sign blaring "WE'RE GOING TO PAIR UP MAXIE AND GRIFFIN!!!!" hanging over their heads.

Makes me wonder if Nathan is on his way out then? If he is though they're really dragging their feet about it. I guess maybe it's just Naxie angst. Meh. Unless Griffin reveals some sparkly personality soon, Maxie hanging with that guy anywhere besides in bed makes no sense. Yes, Nathan is boring too but at least he doesn't go into long spiels. Maxie will tune that shit out in 5 seconds flat.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Although somebody ought to tell Maxie if Anna can walk the red carpet alone so can she.

Ugh, I HATED that. Yes, the worst possible thing that could happen to Maxie is she walks alone on a red carpet. FFS.

Unless Griffin reveals some sparkly personality soon, Maxie hanging with that guy anywhere besides in bed makes no sense. Yes, Nathan is boring too but at least he doesn't go into long spiels. Maxie will tune that shit out in 5 seconds flat.

Griffin doesn't seem like the type to put up with Maxie's inanities.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But she didn't ghost him, he's the one who went charging past her without saying anything and started in with Jason.

Oh, I haven't actually watched yet (my bad), I was just going by what others mentioned.  Well, that's no surprise as Nikolas is so ridiculously self-involved with his first-world problems right now ('boo hoo, I have to pay taxes on my millions of dollars stock sales').

As you were.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think it cause it actually sounded like a thing real people would say instead of the mostly generic stock phrases the scriptwriters bust out these days. Not that things real people can't be generic as well, but there's a difference between Generic Stuff People Wouldn't Say and Generic Stuff People Would Say.

Yeeeeeah re: Emma and Griffin. "I think I'm falling in love with your daughter" kinda gives off Jacob/Renesmee vibes over there. The look on Robin's face before they cut to commercial told me she thought the same, heh.

And it totally was the same vibe Patrick/Robin/Maxie used to have when they would all interact. It just made me nostalgic.

That LINE was so creepy. This show has no boundaries.

• Love 5

Nothing about today's show stood out to me quite as much as how completely, utterly obnoxious Nina was on the red carpet.  Why did they not just take her mic away from her and usher her off camera?  I'm sure someone on the writing staff thought that shit would be funny, but it was just terrible.  

• Love 20
(edited)

I pretty much liked today's show. I liked the first dress Liz had on better. The second one didn't seem red carpet enough, but Becky can wear anything. 

Nina was annoying as hell. And she when she said, "sister" to Jordan, I saw red. Really, wtf? Michelle ad libbing? 

I hate to say it, but if Roger were playing another character not Franco, I could get behind a his character and Liz pairing. They have decent chemistry. As do Kiki/Dillon. In fact, this Kiki has grown on me and I no longer wish for her death. 

I don't want Lucas to die or be injured, but again with the anvils...

Edited by admiralrodcocker
  • Love 9

So based on what I'm reading, is GH trying to be all Meggie/Father Ralph with Emma/Griffin with Griff's dialogue? Because, no. Gross. (What worked in the '80s is different now, show!)

• Love 3

Lololol, Robin's face watching Nik/Jason was her classic WTF face. Maybe we will get a Nik/Robin scene.

Robin saying hi to JaSam was so cute. She's always so happy to see them.

• Love 6

Liez humiliation was wearing the same dress?? the horror how will she go on. Her forced scenes with Franco are awful.

I loved Sams whole look. Yes, it was per usual, black but I liked the stripes and her hair looked good. 

Someone please shoot Nina and Franco. 

• Love 14