Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Honestly, there's no reason they have to ruin every character around Robin for this story. It's so easy - have them say Robert is trying to track her down offscreen. At least they'd be doing something to show people care to make sure she's actually in Paris and hasn't become suicidal or something.

I would still say Patrick is moving on way too fast, but at least he'd look like he still cared about Robins basic welfare.

• Love 3

I really really dislike Johnny. I think I may feel about him the way many of you do about Sonny. ugh! He is such a "wiseguy" wiseass. He is so smary I wish Lulu was not 1/2 way sucked in by him. That first half when Lulu and Dante were fighting right in front of him was horrible horrible writting but at least Lulu was slightly redeemed towards the end, except she just let him talk about her like his fantasy girl at the end.(I'm so mad my inner Nina is coming out.) How will Lulu feel when she learns about him knowing her dad was in danger?

I dislike him so much I'm 100% sure his real target is going to end up being my det Special Kitty and not Dante b/c no one can have nice things on GH.

Patrick and Sam were weird and kind of gross to me. NEVER let me see Patrick's veiny hands again. ick! They talked way too much about things you really shouldn't discuss naked in bed.

Liz and Carly was very blahblahblahfishcakes.

Loved Sonlian they are so funny. They both played it like annoyed frienemies. So cute!

And I liked Shawn he handled Michael well who was acting like a spoiled child. Shawn seems to be the only one who knows the basement is key.

Hey Michael if Sonny is dead to you then maybe you shouldn't keep his real son on speed dial and except him to jump to your orders. Michael came off looking like a big baby today.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Honestly, there's no reason they have to ruin every character around Robin for this story. It's so easy - have them say Robert is trying to track her down offscreen. At least they'd be doing something to show people care to make sure she's actually in Paris and hasn't become suicidal or something.

I would still say Patrick is moving on way too fast, but at least he'd look like he still cared about Robins basic welfare.

He is so disrespectful in this current story. Yet he's whitewashed as the perfect little prince of Sam's heart. <3

I am kinda liking Michael right now, or at least being entertained by him. For years he was a border line-sociopath or a saint. This is more who Michael should be imo, more mixed. He was entitled with Dante but I liked a lot of his zingers with Shawn ("you're not my friend, you're my father's enforcer").

Jesus Christ. Why is Dante running around dressed like an old dockworker?

ah-hah. Maybe that's the key to why I'm still okay with Dante's clothes and hair! "On the Waterfront" is one of my favorite movies, maybe Dante's look is making me subconsciously think of that film haha.

A friend and I were discussing all the grey the other day, and she brought up an interesting point that hadn't occurred to me:  Frank probably had everything painted grey as a cost-cutting measure, because then walls can be easily interchanged and used on different/multiple sets.

ugh, depressing. You know, I recently watched this old BBC mini-series ("the Devil's Crown", if anyone wants to look up the scenery themselves) in which the backdrop was obviously fake in which they made it that way on purpose, like it was a filmed play, more so than usual with those old series from the 70s. And after 5 minutes I got used to it because it wasn't trying to trick me into thinking this looked like an actual background. At this point GH's sets take me out of the scene way more.

He's always kind of looked like a mook. He's never had Sonny's love for fine tailoring.

True, but it definitely is getting a bit worse. He wore jeans to Britt and Nik's engagement party, that was a low.

• Love 1

At this point, for me, the only reveal in the Fluke storyline that will satisfy me will be if he is Luke.  (See his constipated look and dislike of the name "Jake.")

I can't decide if that scene supports or opposes by 'Fluke is Luke' theory.  The dialogue does, but TG played it . . . oddly.

I took note of Fluke's reaction to the name 'Jake' as well. It's hard to tell a lot with this story because it wouldn't surprise me if TG is just randomly doing shit that ultimately will mean nothing. Like ulkis mentioned, he might just be doing the accent for fun. Ugh this story sucks please put an end to it already!

Liz: I know fake Jason so well!

Carly: oh, me too, me too, I talk to fake Jason ALL THE TIME.

LOL. So awful.

I again mostly enjoyed this ep. I like the Johnny/Lulu/Dante stuff. I just like the three of them together energy-wise I guess.

I hate Jason. I don't much care about Robin at all. I know nothing about their history together. That being said, I liked the vibe between BM and KMc. Their height difference alone was so cute!

Sam/Patrick just doesn't work for me at all. I was so into the idea of them but this execution sucks and they honestly just don't even have chem at all anymore IMO. So awkward and forced.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I liked Dante pointing out to Michael that he can't arrest Shawn for trespassing when Michael doesn't own the house. Hee.

Liz: I know fake Jason so well!

Carly: oh, me too, me too, I talk to fake Jason ALL THE TIME.

LOL. So awful.

I was pleasantly surprised Carly and Liz didn't get into a bigger pissing match over who knew Jakeson the best. I don't know if LW and RH decided to dial it back or if it was actually written that way.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Lol, while Carly and Liz are doing a pissing contest, Jase has a vision of Robin. That's pure gold.

And omg, Robin had the cutest smile when Jase asked if they were family and she said "friend." My sniffles.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I am thinking this Fluke is really Luke theory might be correct.  I thought I heard Fluke say something to Helena today about worrying about leaving anything incriminating in the house...Having the actual Luke tied up downstairs is pretty incriminating.    I am thinking the theories are correct....unless Fluke already moved Luke somewhere else.

• Love 1

I am kinda liking Michael right now, or at least being entertained by him. For years he was a border line-sociopath or a saint. This is more who Michael should be imo, more mixed. He was entitled with Dante but I liked a lot of his zingers with Shawn ("you're not my friend, you're my father's enforcer").

True, but it definitely is getting a bit worse. He wore jeans to Britt and Nik's engagement party, that was a low.

I don't mind Michael being like this b/c he is kind of a bratty little boy IMO. I found the scenes funny and liked them, but he was being ridiculous. In my head he was like a 5 y/o who was mad someone was playing with his toys and he didn't want to share. Where before he was clueless and oblivious b/c everyone was keeping stuff from him, and now he is being kind of obtuse due to his own hurt feelings. He'll end up in the dark again b/c of his own foolishness. I fully expect Shawn and Sonny to save him INSPITE of himself this time.

Seriously Dante appearance doesn't bother me compaired to his past "looks" except that in contrast Johnny is made to look so "put together" blah!

He's always kind of looked like a mook. He's never had Sonny's love for fine tailoring.

He didn't look this bad! I thought he was wearing Punky Brewster's sneakers on Friday.

Say what you will about Prospect Park, but the sets were not all gray. Frank used to have more of an eye than that. I remember when he started at OLTL they just covered everything in hot neon light (and it worked).

I think Michael is on the right track, but I also think Ron was right to soften him when he took over (though he eventually softened him a bit too much). The whole budding sociopath/mob prince Guza was working for was just wrong, IMO, and Chad seems much more comfortable playing a more traditional leading man. Maybe I'm biased because I think Michael is, at core, a good person raised as an unwitting fish of water in a dark world. He tolerated Sonny and Carly's mess for so long out of love and now he's getting some of his original birthright back. I also think CD played a lot of the dark stuff Guza gave him well, so I think it can be a mix. He plays the bitchy young Quartermaine well. My concern, though, is that this all the usual un-subtle Ron setup to say that the person who was done wrong (Michael) is just ungrateful and nasty - 'look how mean and entitled he is!'

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I was pleasantly surprised Carly and Liz didn't get into a bigger pissing match over who knew Jakeson the best. I don't know if LW and RH decided to dial it back or if it was actually written that way.

I don't know, but I did noticed Liz's hesitation/confusion when she said to Carly "maybe he . . . likeS you?" That was hilarious.

I liked Dante pointing out to Michael that he can't arrest Shawn for trespassing when Michael doesn't own the house. Hee.

but it's his grandmother's cousin's son's house!

I don't know if that was a scriptwriter trying to show they know GH trivia, but if it wasn't, a "a relation's house" would have been fine.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I think my favorite thing about this episode was Sonny/Julian. I hate to admit it, but there it is. And honestly it is irritating that we are made to believe Sonny can take down so many men, but Sonny/Julian are so adorable together that I don't even care anymore. Julian's reactions to Sonny on the phone were perfect. And Sonny being like "I'm on the phone GOD!" was hilarious.

• Love 11

I have been waiting on Ron to have Fluke make some reference to Nightmare on Elm Street, b/c obviously Luke's childhood was a nightmare and the house is on Elm Street. That street name is surely not a coincidence....surely.

• Love 1

Even here?!?!

It's the hair and stubble making it worse today, but that's pretty rough.

BTW, I love Dr. Lucas and all and Ryan Carnes is owning that shit in a major way, I've been waiting for that for about ten years, but 'A.J. was also responsible' - for what?? Getting shot?! What was he responsible for doing that night? Being fat?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Have I mentioned my UO about loving Dante's hair yet? I think I have. But anyway, I love it. Dante looks the best he's ever looked to me right now. Granted, I haven't been watching the whole time he's been on, but still. That long hair and gold chains look is so awful, but in a very entertaining way.

• Love 4

I have been waiting on Ron to have Fluke make some reference to Nightmare on Elm Street, b/c obviously Luke's childhood was a nightmare and the house is on Elm Street. That street name is surely not a coincidence....surely.

Wouldn't put a reference past Ron, but they came up with Elm Street back in the 70s.

Seriously Dante appearance doesn't bother me compaired to his past "looks" except that in contrast Johnny is made to look so "put together" blah!

He's only been in the suit the one day though. Wait till they bust out the vests on him, if he's here long enough for that. I swear to God, in 2012 it was like every week brought a new, worse unflattering vest.

Edited by ulkis

I will be disappointed if there is not a Nightmare on Elm Street reference during sweeps.

Worst case scenario: Heather Webber breaks out (again) and stumbles across Luke in the basement (again). Close-up on Robin Mattson, yet again unshorn of wardrobe and makeup as she intones into the camera: "Looks like it's gonna be a nightmare on Elm Street!" Cue un-updated opening credits.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Wouldn't put a reference past Ron, but they came up with Elm Street back in the 70s.

Oh I knew it was probably always on Elm Street but why are they all saying Elm Street so much. I mean who cares where the house is. I don't get why everyone keeps saying Elm Street so much.

• Love 1

Have I mentioned my UO about loving Dante's hair yet? I think I have. But anyway, I love it. Dante looks the best he's ever looked to me right now. Granted, I haven't been watching the whole time he's been on, but still. That long hair and gold chains look is so awful, but in a very entertaining way.

You know I think DZ is so cute I was okay with the hair at the time, but now I go back and watch and I'm all "ye gods". Thankfully his hair was only like that for a couple of months. They were in transition between Guza and Garin and I'm sure things were going on with JFP and Frons and this, chaos backstage. Coincidence that Dominic's hair grew out of control at that time? I THINK NOT.

I had a love/hate relationship with the chains. I liked them because it brought some personality and the guys on GH mostly had a really generic look. I really always hated that one with the square on it though and always wanted him to take it off lol. I like the one chain he has going on now.

I like his look now, although he could definitely stand to get a trim or a brush, but his ideal look imo was around the water crisis. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I like his look now, although he could definitely stand to get a trim or a brush, but his ideal look imo was around the water crisis. 

I was watching then, but I don't remember what he looked like. When was this, I need to check youtube to see his look. 

Dante's look is so important, guys!

• Love 2

I might not mind Dante's hair now if he'd just SHAVE! Honestly. What is it with the unshaved, unkempt look? Right now he looks like he's in dire need of a bath!

Maybe Dante is depressed? Now I really want him to hang out with depressed Silas. Silas will refuse to get out of bed while Dante gloomily turns into Pigpen...

• Love 3

Maybe Dante is depressed? Now I really want him to hang out with depressed Silas. Silas will refuse to get out of bed while Dante gloomily turns into Pigpen...

OMG this would be golden. A whole show of this and Sonny and Julian bickering like an old married couple! I'd watch.heh!

• Love 6

Wouldn't you be depressed if you had to put up with Lulu all day? And now Michael is calling him to report an intruder? Seriously, does no one in this town call 911? are there no uniformed police officers in PC? why does a detective respond to every crime scene?

• Love 5

Man, I wanted my JoMax so bad and ugh! So much pretty, so much chemistry.

Plus, Maxie hanging out with Johnny would make this whole Judge-won't-let-me-have-my-kid-because-of-my-boyfriend story make a lot more sense!  

The fact that she's been ordered not to hang out with a cop makes my eyes roll right out of my head.   

• Love 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqxlnLzAIqw

Although the beard is a little strong there.

Maybe this is slightly better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PYW2U3i1Dc#t=363

Yeah, I think I'm gonna need them to put Dante in a sleeveless tee again soon.

Yeah, I could see that sleeveless tee again.  And there are some scenes that I really liked but can't find - with a white shirt and just a bit of scruff - after one of the many crises that happen at Port Charles gatherings. 

And, going way back to 2010, I did like his hair length and his look in these scenes.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJX2ylF8ag

I was watching then, but I don't remember what he looked like. When was this, I need to check youtube to see his look. 

Dante's look is so important, guys!

If Helena/Flewq, Carly/Liz, and Patrick/Sam had been discussing Dante's appearance instead of Soldier Boy, today would have been a much better episode.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I think my favorite thing about this episode was Sonny/Julian. I hate to admit it, but there it is. And honestly it is irritating that we are made to believe Sonny can take down so many men, but Sonny/Julian are so adorable together that I don't even care anymore. Julian's reactions to Sonny on the phone were perfect. And Sonny being like "I'm on the phone GOD!" was hilarious.

This, this, this! I cannot believe how much I am loving this alliance. I'm gonna be so sad when it ends.

• Love 3

I didn't hate the Sam/Patrick sex scene, but I didn't love it either. I could have done without the clunky dialogue, though. And I liked the Sam/Jason whispers in Jake's head just before Robin appeared. Speaking of Robin, why those bangs? At least the scenes weren't of someone else holding her captive. So, progress?

Damn, Carly, if you can't go five minutes without knowing where Jake is or what he's doing, put a lo-jack on him. I'm pretty sure you'd do that with all your men if you could.

Helena and Fluke blahblahblah, don't care anymore and can't remember when I did.

• Love 5

Sam and Patrick were kind of gross.  Did RC not get the memo that the only way a really good triangle works is if leg 2 seems like it has a chance of being just as strong and viable as leg 1?  If Sam is going to spend most of her relationship with Patrick freaked out and sad about Jason, how is that supposed to make us think that Samtrick has any chance of winning out over Jason in the end?  Patrick and Sam should be giddy and falling madly in love and over-the moon-happy.  Like Jax and Benda levels of happy, basking on a boat on their honeymoon when Lily blows up in the car explosion.  

I feel like we're headed for Sam/Silas/Nina redux, where the return of the dead spouse is followed by maybe 2 weeks of bizarre uncomfortableness and then a speedy breakup.  In other words, my time is being wasted.  Again.  Yawn.

I did lol at the preview of Johnny asking Maxie who had the honor of making a baby with her.  That was actually funny.  

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 4

Scattered thoughts about today:

I really like the jailhouse odd couple - Sonny and Julian.  I'll be sorry to see this arc end.  

I liked Sam and Patrick's very real dialogue about moving on and about their past loves being part of who they are today.  One moment when the script writer nailed it, IMO.

Johnny may be especially sleazy this visit, but he still looks just fine and I do like the acting chemistry between Brandon and Dom.  And, even though we know he has ulterior motives, I have been liking the new life I'm seeing in Lulu in her scenes with Johnny.  

And I have a few questions:

Does Michael think Dante's phone number is 911?  At least it's been a while since we've seen him use his big brother as "Dial-A-Cop."  

Why does Helena care about Fluke's dalliances?

Why did Fluke react so visibly to the name Jake?

Who makes a freakin' call to a hitman while he is on the job?  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 2

Sam and Patrick were kind of gross. Did RC not get the memo that the only way a really good triangle works is if leg 2 seems like it has a chance of being just as strong and viable as leg 1? If Sam is going to spend most of her relationship with Patrick freaked out and sad about Jason, how is that supposed to make us think that Samtrick has any chance of winning out over Jason in the end? Patrick and Sam should be giddy and falling madly in love and over-the moon-happy. Like Jax and Benda levels of happy, basking on a boat on their honeymoon when Lily blows up in the car explosion.

I feel like we're headed for Sam/Silas/Nina redux, where the return of the dead spouse is followed by maybe 2 weeks of bizarre uncomfortableness and then a speedy breakup. In other words, my time is being wasted. Again. Yawn.

I don't even know if Ron is trying to make this into a viable triangle, though. He just wants the drama. I don't think he's writing and wanting the audience to truly prefer Sam with Patrick. If he did, he'd actually write for Patrick like he's writing for Jason...as his own character. Patrick is just a body to be Sam's new love while Jason is out there. Even better that he's the dude Robin was married to.

• Love 3

It seems clear that Luke is Luke and the rest is all is in head.  The way he reacted to the name "Jake", and Helena's not giving a rats ass about the basement seems to point in that direction.

That jailhouse fight was only missing KAZAAM and POW signage, otherwise it was right out of the old Batman series.  When Mumbles gets all mobstery mean and macho, it just gives me the giggles.  I just can't buy it.  Him being the Big Bad other than in the odor department is as unbelievable as Luke being someone to be afraid of. 

Patrick and Sam......just, no.  And putting Robin in the same episode......no.

• Love 4

Patrick and Sam......just, no. And putting Robin in the same episode......no.

Hahaha. It's funny to me because it's such an obvious plot point. That and Sam and Patty talking about Jason right after they ~made love~ while he's downstairs and being ordered to kill them.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

My problem with Sonny and Julian being all odd couple/best buds/fighting like marrieds is that while it is humorous, Sonny should be suffering in prison, reflecting on his actions over what he did. He should be completely broken right now. I feel like this whole Pentonville arc for him is just a waste of time. It's just action hero with some wacky sidekick thrown in. But then again, that's Ron for you.

• Love 13

Robin has bangs because KMc has bangs. ;) But how she looked kinda made sense since that's what she looked like when Jase last saw her.

I know, I just really hate the bangs.

And I have a few questions:

Does Michael think Dante's phone number is 911?  At least it's been a while since we've seen him use his big brother as "Dial-A-Cop."  

Why does Helena care about Fluke's dalliances?

Why did Fluke react so visibly to the name Jake?

Who makes a freakin' call to a hitman while he is on the job?

1. Yes.

2. I guess they've been sexing each other.

3. Ron doesn't know yet.

4. Sonny.

• Love 2

My problem with Sonny and Julian being all odd couple/best buds/fighting like marrieds is that while it is humorous, Sonny should be suffering in prison, reflecting on his actions over what he did. He should be completely broken right now. I feel like this whole Pentonville arc for him is just a waste of time. It's just action hero with some wacky sidekick thrown in. But then again, that's Ron for you.

I honestly think Sonny is suffering to an extent. It's not like he likes being in prison, bickering with Julian even if we find it amusing. He's being forced to fight his way to get a shitty phone just to make a call to Shawn. I totally get what you mean, but if they're going to show Sonny in prison this much (and it would be nice if they didn't but that's a whole other complaint), I don't think I could take MB trying to convey a 24/7 sense of verge of nervous breakdown. That said, it really would be nice if there were a moment of insecurity or terror from being put in solitary confinement or something.

And it's nice just to have Sonny confined and not ruining the air around other characters, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

He could get beat up a few more times. Solitary confinement, I dunno. Some torture. I'm not asking for much. Todd on OLTL paid for his crimes with eight years of torture in a CIA prison in the swamp. Give Sonny a couple weeks of hell at least.

Incidentally, we have officially talked about this Todd crap too much but this Jason downstairs/Sam and Patrick fucking upstairs/apparition from the past shit is straight out of Todd/Blair/Tomas at the end of OLTL, but with a reverse purpose. I see you, Ron!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11