Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

forget about them, what about Danny?? I missed the conversation, was it a Kill a Mockingbird reference on his part? Cause who is letting the 5 year old read/watch To Kill a Mockingbird.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't think of Leave it to Beaver, I think of To Kill a Mockingbird. Which, is not Jason and Sam.

Well, that's what most people would think of. The name itself gives off a Perfect Jolly Family vibe, which is what this show has been stupidly doing with JaSam.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

forget about them, what about Danny?? I missed the conversation, was it a Kill a Mockingbird reference on his part? Cause who is letting the 5 year old read/watch To Kill a Mockingbird.

Yes, Sam's reading those classics to him.................

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think Danny wanted to get a puppy and name the puppy Scout, so now he's decided to name the baby Scout. They're not interchangeable, Danny.

• Love 2

I can't decide if BM's Jason would have a girl child or not. He can't call her "buddy," but on the other hand, girl child shows that he's a kinder, gentler Jason. And it would give Sam a replacement for Lila, not that she would think of it that way.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, that's what most people would think of. The name itself gives off a Perfect Jolly Family vibe, which is what this show has been stupidly doing with JaSam.

Yes, Sam's reading those classics to him.................

"'When he was thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.' Okay Danny, let's flip to the next page - "End of Book"? Well, that was quick!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I will be shocked if that baby isn't a girl, and it's not named Emily.

I hate Emily the inappropriate smiling **** 

I don't want Sam's baby named after that hateful, should stay dead and never be mentioned or honored by naming by favs baby after you, horrible person. 

The writers hate me so they would name Sam's baby after someone I hate. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't decide if BM's Jason would have a girl child or not. He can't call her "buddy," but on the other hand, girl child shows that he's a kinder, gentler Jason. And it would give Sam a replacement for Lila, not that she would think of it that way.

Oh, he can call anything buddy. 

All of the babies born in recent years on this show, and most of them have been boys. The next generation is overdue for a girl. I think either Rocco or Aidan should have been a girl, leaning towards Aidan. But of course in Guza's mind Lucky and Liz's first kid had to be a boy, and he didn't count Cam or Jake as their real child. %^&*%@#$ Guza.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, he can call anything buddy. 

All of the babies born in recent years on this show, and most of them have been boys. The next generation is overdue for a girl. I think either Rocco or Aidan should have been a girl, leaning towards Aidan. But of course in Guza's mind Lucky and Liz's first kid had to be a boy, and he didn't count Cam or Jake as their real child. %^&*%@#$ Guza.

Boy or girl, it'll go straight upstairs.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

As it should. 

I don't want to see kids either. But Jason and Sam should not have had more than one. It doesn't fit them, there's no point to it, and now it will limit them in the future.*

*If the show has a future.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't want to see kids either. But Jason and Sam should not have had more than one. It doesn't fit them, there's no point to it, and now it will limit them in the future.*

Well unless they SORASed them fairly quickly I suppose, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that's not gonna happen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well unless they SORASed them fairly quickly I suppose, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that's not gonna happen.

Nope. I expect one of them to be kidnapped, though. Because if there's one thing I know for sure about Frank's show, things just happen to JaSam. He refuses to actually let them do anything else.

• Love 3

Danny already has a dog at his second home with Grandma Monica so him wanting a puppy was pure plot point.

Aunt Molly would have read him To Kill A Mockingbird so he would have picked up the name Scout from there. Scout was a favorite of Alexis too when Molly gave Sam a list of baby names when she was pregnant with Danny.

This baby is going to be a girl if Jelly knows what is good for them. Danny was supposed to be a girl until Ron and his crew came over and completely fucked over Jasam's first baby story all for his OLTL crew.

I think Jean was around when they did that What If for Jasam so the second kid was a girl named Emily. The fans have been telling them how much they hate that name on Twitter.

I think the baby gets a whole different first name and they call her Scout for a nickname. I don't care as long as she is a girl and not named Emily.

• Love 6

I will never understand the pure hatred for Emily, lol. I know I tried to have it explained to me once, but I was still confused. I actually think it would be sweet for Jason to name his daughter after her. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I actually think it would be sweet for Jason to name his daughter after her. 

Absolutely the fuck not.

I didn't even despise Emily or anything but I still had a visceral reaction to this possibility for some reason.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I will never understand the pure hatred for Emily, lol. I know I tried to have it explained to me once, but I was still confused. I actually think it would be sweet for Jason to name his daughter after her. 

I agree. NL sucked donkey balls but she wasn't the only Emily, and Emily is a nice name imo. 

43 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Aunt Molly would have read him To Kill A Mockingbird so he would have picked up the name Scout from there. Scout was a favorite of Alexis too when Molly gave Sam a list of baby names when she was pregnant with Danny.

I think Molly would be smart enough to know that's too heavy for a kid Danny's age though.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Absolutely the fuck not.

I didn't even despise Emily or anything but I still had a visceral reaction to this possibility for some reason.

LOL, why!? Nevermind. I shouldn't ask. It won't make sense to me. I accept your distaste.

I guess I ultimately see it from Jason's perspective and his relationship with Emily. I'm assuming most see it from Sam's? 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree. NL sucked donkey balls but she wasn't the only Emily, and Emily is a nice name imo.

Emily wasn't even a bad person. She had problems with fidelity, of course, and her portrayer at the time she died wasn't the best, but I have no idea what was so terrible about her.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 5

I would hate Sam naming her kid after Emily because of how their relationship was before she died. They weren't close anymore and she sided with Liz after the Summer of Suck. She was cool with her brother having a kid with her best friend and basically lying to Sam about it.

I could see why Jason would want to name her after Emily and Monica would be pleased. I would be calling her anything but Emily though. I hate that Skye named her kid Lila Raye as this would have stopped this mess in its tracks. The name Star has been tainted.

Edited by dr. gailey
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Michel said:

Emily wasn't even a bad person. She had problems with fidelity, of course, and her portrayer at the time she died wasn't the best, but I have no idea what was so terrible about her.

She smiled inappropriately. She was a horrible friend to Lucky and she was mean to Sam because all the cool kids were doing it. When she died I had a inappropriate smile on my face throughout it all and was happy that Sam stood over her body screaming with no fecks to give that she was dead. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jazzy24 said:

She smiled inappropriately. She was a horrible friend to Lucky and she was mean to Sam because all the cool kids were doing it. When she died I had a inappropriate smile on my face throughout it all and was happy that Sam stood over her body screaming with no fecks to give that she was dead. 

Sam screamed over her dead body?  And I'd stopped watching for a few years around the time Jason dumped Sam for Elizabeth (out of my sheer disgust over her being thrown under the bus to prop up that shit) and completely missed Emily doing that.  Did Sam really scream over her body when Diego killed her?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Syndicate said:

So Maxie and Nathan are into sex toys? That certainly seemed implied in the recent episode, though they seem so unlikely for such things, especially Nathan. Whatever Maxie had waiting for him in the shower, he liked it.

I think they have experimented previously with sex toys. A company sent a promotional sex toy to the Crimson office awhile back, and Maxie promptly appropriated it for herself when Nina had a somewhat clueless reaction.

Nathan strikes me as a follower who would try literally anything without much forethought. Seems to be part of his appeal for Maxie. I would find it very entertaining if they ended up in an embarrassing ER situation, like Wolowiz on The Big Bang Theory.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL, why!? Nevermind. I shouldn't ask. It won't make sense to me. I accept your distaste.

I was watching when AT was here so this is the only Emily I ever saw:

Why was she moaning like that?

Also, I forgot about her being trash to Sam during the summer of sleaze, so fuck her for that. And fuck her for being trash to Lucky. And fuck her for having hallucination sex with Nik.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Also, I forgot about her being trash to Sam during the summer of sleaze, so fuck her for that.

I just can't hate the character of Emily based on this. I guess I get why Sam fans didn't like it, but even so, other characters treated Sam worse than Emily ever did, including Jason himself.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

"'When he was thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.' Okay Danny, let's flip to the next page - "End of Book"? Well, that was quick!"

"End of Book" will never not be funny.

I never saw AT's Emily and NL was horrible, but I don't hate Emily. I basically just don't care about her at all. I wasn't watching during Summer of Sleaze though. ETA: Actually wait maybe I was watching then lol. Is that when Maxie was getting pills for Lucky?

Edited by peachmangosteen
7 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

I remember more to Emily than what you describe here. There were times when Emily and Lucky were great friends (starting when young Amber T. played her.) Given all of Emily's history with her own brother Jason and her best friend, Elizabeth, while also knowing what Lucky had put Liz through and what Sam had done (including starting out in Jason's life as Sonny's mistress), I totally understand why she was encouraging of Liason and would feel zero loyalty to Sam. I figure Sam chose Danny's name (after her brother, who was not well known to Jason), so why not have Jason choose this baby's name, and if it's to honor his late sister, so be it. Wasn't Emily the first of the Qs to be kind and supportive of Jason when he woke up and chose to be Jason Morgan, the man Sam loves?

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ulkis said:

End of Book will never stop being hilarious.

• Love 7

Given Jason's general shittiness during Sam's pregnancy, she could've named Danny after Ric and Jason would just have to swallow it.

There are other women in Jason's family and personally, I don't see why they can't just name the kid Lila. 

Besides, Liz will probably want to use the name Emily for her daughter with Franco.*

* I'm sorry, but you know it's coming. They're going to give RoHo's murderhobo a little girl 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Yes Liz is free to use the name Emily. Danny was going to be named Jason Jr. before all the backlash from that shitty ass pregnancy. They had to come up with a new name to appease the fans.

Make no mistake I didn't hate only Emily because of summer of suck. I still wait for the day Sam smacks the ever loving shit out of Jason. I did get some satisfaction from her dragging his ass that whole summer and shooting him even though she claimed it was an accident.

• Love 1

I CANNOT with the show pretending that Liz's non-Jake children don't exist.  There wasn't even a BS excuse as to where they were today.  But oh, don't worry, we got to see Griffin's "daughter" of two seconds. #eyeroll

Sick of Kiki's pity party.  I get it, she feels guilty, but her beating herself up about how she treated Morgan given what a terrible boyfriend he was to her makes me itchy.  Dillon was rather sweet with her, though.

All the flavors of Franco are terrible, but whiny, jealous Franco might be the worst, especially when covered in mime makeup.

Felt nothing during the Sonny/Zombie!Morgan scenes.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

UCG moment was Sonny's face when Zombie/Ghost!Morgan appeared in front of him, on the couch. 

I liked Liz's WTF face when Franco confirmed yes, he's upset that they haven't had sex yet ... on top of being pissed off that she was kind to Griffin by helping him with Charlotte's tantrum. Then she ruined it by kissing the controlling, stalker-y freak.   I just ... can't.  Franco pouting (like Morgan) that Griffin was fawning over "my girlfriend" ... UGH. It's all even creepier with RoHo wearing that costume. 

Good to see Robin in the previews.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked Liz's WTF face when Franco confirmed yes, he's upset that they haven't had sex yet ... on top of being pissed off that she was kind to Griffin by helping him with Charlotte's tantrum. Then she ruined it by kissing the controlling, stalker-y freak.   I just ... can't.  Franco pouting (like Morgan) that Griffin was fawning over "my girlfriend" ... UGH. It's all even creepier with RoHo wearing that costume. 

I'm fanwanking that she's leading him on. Otherwise, there should have been a robot there, waving its arms and yelling, "Danger! Will Robinson, Danger!" FrancHo's behavior was dangerously stalkerish, not cute or endearing, and I'm both embarrassed and irritated that two grown-ass women writers would even consider going there. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, rur said:

FrancHo's behavior was dangerously stalkerish, not cute or endearing, and I'm both embarrassed and irritated that two grown-ass women writers would even consider going there.

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but I don't understand why they keep writing Franco like this. It's happened enough that they have to know how it's coming across. Yet we're supposed to take the Franco/Liz relationship seriously? And he's supposedly becoming a better man because of it? What is "better": He doesn't outright strangle her when he's upset? That's no bar at all, Show.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 17

Dead Morgan is pretty funny, but not as funny as Dead Logan was.  Dead Morgan just looks like he needs to get back to the haunted house where he's working as a ghoul, while Dead Logan, with the flashlight in the face, was just bargain basement hilarious.

• Love 1

Putting Liez with Freako so soon after the Jakeson shit is just mind-bogglingly destructive. Like, y'all couldn't even let her stop whining about Jason and being a town pariah for longer than a week before you put her with a serial killer rapist?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Good to see Robin in the previews.

So happy she's on this week, too! I love her visits. This is always how it should have been. Frank finally learned. 

They should test Liz with Griffin more.

• Love 4

Jason actually made me laugh today when he said, "you don't have to yell."

I actually thought MB was good on Friday but it went to pot again today. "What'd you say boy?" was completely unthreatening.

Message from my aunt:

"I don't like Liz with this guy. Who would date him? He's ugly, he's stupid. Why didn't they get rid of him with the other guy??" aka Morgan.

Have Griffin and Nina ever even met? And of course Nina is more upset for herself than Nathan.

"Yes, Spencer's headmaster assured me they will up the security. Thank goodness we chose Hogwarts, he'll totally be safe there." 

• Love 13
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They should test Liz with Griffin more.

I was thinking the same thing today. Get rid of Claudette (unnecessary, pointless character) and have Liz an Griffin bond,  be friends, grow closer. I liked most of their conversation (Aiden is not Lucky's only child, grrr) and it's not creepy and forced like Liz is with Franco. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was thinking the same thing today. Get rid of Claudette (unnecessary, pointless character) and have Liz an Griffin bond,  be friends, grow closer. I liked most of their conversation (Aiden is not Lucky's only child, grrr) and it's not creepy and forced like Liz is with Franco. 

And it makes sense with him having a kid now.

I hate how this show talks about Lucky. Not fair. :/

• Love 4

I've been trying to figure out whether sexual chemistry between Liz/murderhobo would make them less repulsive -but half the scenes they have together are like  A VERY  SPECIAL EPISODE ON CREEPY ABUSIVE BOYFRIENDS and the other half are VERY SPECIAL EPISODES on DEALING WITH YOUR  SOCIOPATHIC TODDLER - so, chemistry probably wouldn't help

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

chemistry probably wouldn't help

With the way they write Franco, chemistry would make it worse, IMO.

murderhobo

Where is Steven Lars when you need him?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I've been trying to figure out whether sexual chemistry between Liz/murderhobo would make them less repulsive -but half the scenes they have together are like  A VERY  SPECIAL EPISODE ON CREEPY ABUSIVE BOYFRIENDS and the other half are VERY SPECIAL EPISODES on DEALING WITH YOUR  SOCIOPATHIC TODDLER - so, chemistry probably wouldn't help

Sometimes I hate the word "chemistry," even though I also use it and I do think it's important. But 95% of the time, story and character should be placed BEFORE chemistry. 

• Love 1