Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Is there any reason Nik didn't sell Hayden's diamonds and use the funds to pay her alimony?

Nik needed the money too much, so he didn't want to pay her alimony, period. That's one reason they've never divorced, along with their weirdo ideas of love.

I guess those same weirdo ideas, as well as a misguided sense of nostalgia, is why Hayden hasn't sold her ginormous engagement ring for some ready cash. I'm surprised Naomi never suggested it, as she seems somewhat pragmatic.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

My only guess is that Hayden is so overcome with her hatred for Liz, she can't stop herself from blaming Liz for everything. To her, Liz has always been banging on to Hayden about she and Nik were "best friends," and she has also seen Liz sidle up with Lulu and Laura for some bitchface competitions against her. Hayden may think Liz was leading the "Nikolas, Get Away from Hayden" campaign which pushed Nik to leave and find his demise. 

HateChel came to town to help Ric con amnesiac and is no innocent bystander.  The chick was happy banging Nik and living off his largess, so she can STFU about Elizabeth or Nik.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Same way Liz gets that it's Hayden's fault.

And vice versa. 

I still think Liz is the bigger idiot in the Hayden vs. Liz mess. Hayden wouldn't give a fuck about Liz if Liz hadn't started in on her from jump. Like Liz who cares move on with your life!

Elizabeth thought HateChel had something to do with Nik's death and the con woman came to town to help Ric con Jake Doe.   HateChel should have left town after the nurses ball.

• Love 7

I think Liz was probably SO MAD Hayden tried to con poor Jason, that Liz just HAD to outdo her and pull a much more elaborate, long term con game of her own, also on Jason. Including creepy sex. It's like a bizarre competition. Hayden is revealed to do something wrong, Liz immediately cries foul and then follows up with something far worse. It's kind of funny.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I think it's the one where Kiki wakes up from her coma and Morgan gets committed

A good guess. We can be sure it will involve Sonny acting and presiding as the bestest and goodest murdering mob boss, friend, and parent evah.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think Liz is the bigger idiot in the Hayden vs. Liz mess. Hayden wouldn't give a fuck about Liz if Liz hadn't started in on her from jump. Like Liz who cares move on with your life!

Liez has to defend her poor victimized BFF's honor! Nevermind the fact that she barely seems to care that he's died twice in the last six months and has spent the majority of her time with Freako or getting in Hayden's face. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nevermind the fact that [Liz] barely seems to care that he's died twice in the last six months

Rebecca Budig seems to care only that her cash flow has suffered. Plus, she's now snogging Finn and getting dreamy about it. 

It's kind of hilarious that these two who claim to so fiercely love Nik are now with other men. Smell ya later, Prince Douche!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I loved the Jason & Sam scenes on Thursday and Friday.  They looked like they were having fun!  But the wedding should not be at Sonny's (of all people).  Hell, I'd take Wyndemere over the "lovely terrace of the guy who murdered AJ".  At least Danny was allowed out of the closet for the big day.

And Ava shutting down Nina was a thing of beauty.  Yes, Nina, Ava can blow up your spot every day after you ripped her daughter from her womb & kidnapped said baby with a rapist serial killer.

I don't need to ever see another Sonny love scene, but I do need to see Carly catch him in bed with Nelle (whether Nelle is Carly's daughter or just thinks she's a terrible person/boil on humanity).

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

If not for Frons' hardon for Kung Fu Barbie and Sam, I think the show would have been in much better place and Jason wouldn't have these twits attached to his ass.   

I don't think any of the things that are wrong with this show are solved by pairing Liz/Jason. Nor do I believe that any of the problems with Jason as a character (in either incarnation) can be laid at the feet of his romantic pairings. 

• Love 9

Even if you could somehow tie Nik's death to the Jakeson secret, Nik knew that secret first. 

The way Hayden talks, it's like the writers are changing it that Liz knew the secret first and begged Nik to keep quiet.  When in fact Nik told LIz, who was going to tell Jason immediately, but he stopped her.  then later, he begged her not to say anything so that he wouldn't lose ELQ.  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The way Hayden talks, it's like the writers are changing it that Liz knew the secret first and begged Nik to keep quiet.  When in fact Nik told LIz, who was going to tell Jason immediately, but he stopped her.  then later, he begged her not to say anything so that he wouldn't lose ELQ.  

I wonder if that's deliberate, and they're trying to reposition Hayden as more sympathetic? Or they just aren't allowing Liz to set things straight? It's really annoying when a character is able to completely contradict what's been show and isn't corrected.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Nik didn't stop her from telling the secret. He asked her not to and then told her he wouldn't stop her from telling the truth.  And they alternated on begging each other to keep that secret. Nik isn't any more responsible for Liz's choices than she is for his

• Love 7

And then somehow Laura got involved because she overheard and - what was her stake in the game, really? The fact that Nik is her son or the idea that Liz controlled access to her grandson(s)? Laura bothered me the most of the three of them because she played like she was aghast at her son and Liz for the lie, but she kept it going for them, and went along with them on their hate for Hayden even though Hayden had almost died when her son tried to murder her.

• Love 6

I don't know that they were trashed for Hayden, because none of them cared that much that Nikolas tried to murder Hayden. Liz and Laura weren't horrified at what Nikolas did and both worked quickly to help cover for him and in turn acted like Hayden committed the most evil sin of all by changing her name and lying about it. Nikolas stomped around for MONTHS in a fit over who Hayden really was.  The show attempted to equivocate what Hayden did to what Nikolas did, which was laughable and pathetic.  That's not really trashing when the show sniffs and acts like Nikolas didn't do much damage at all or that Laura and Liz were culpable after the fact.  It's more likely they didn't care at the time and then attempted to dirty up Hayden to balance the scales when they realized that maybe viewers just didn't like Nikolas doing that. Everyone got mutual damage in that mess.

Now with Jason? Well, yes.  But everyone takes it up the ass for Jason. You hold on to your ass when your fave is pegged as the new baddie for Jason and JaSam to triumph over.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 3

Laura was awful and continues to be in her treatment of the woman her son tried to have killed and she should have been singing like a canary from the moment she knew the disgusting scam Liz was pulling on Jakeson (and Nik knew about it and did nothing to stop Liz's crazy, obsessed ass), but her lack of action there doesn't mitigate what Liz did or what Nik knew. 

Hayden is awful as well, but Liz sank to her level the moment she decided to do the same thing to the same victim and has the gall and self-delusion to believe she has any kind of moral high ground over Hayden.

Aside from Laura, I wouldn't mind never hearing from or of any of them ever again. The three of them are three peas in a pod.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think any of the things that are wrong with this show are solved by pairing Liz/Jason. Nor do I believe that any of the problems with Jason as a character (in either incarnation) can be laid at the feet of his romantic pairings. 

No, the problems with the show can all be laid at the feet of the assholes in charge allowing this show to be constantly run into the ground. 

The whole destruction of Nik started at the sheer stupidity of having him find out the truth about Jake/Jason. Then they compounded the stupid by having him tell Liz 30 seconds after she finds out about Ric's misdeeds and that she loves "Jake".  Then the show was like, "Viewers hate this? Well how about we ruin Laura too!" And doubled down on stupid by then having Laura find out the truth and having her NOT TELL MONICA THAT ONE OF HER KIDS ISN'T DEAD. Plus then we got the whole Nik hires the luckiest hitman in the world. He shot a woman and it just so happens that the world's worst army sniper/mob goon was taking a shot at someone else next to Hayden and he takes the blame.

This stupid fucking show.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Then they compounded the stupid by having him [Nikolas] tell Liz 30 seconds after she finds out about Ric's misdeeds and that she loves "Jake".

I never understood this, Nikolas telling Liz.  I mean, I guess the argument is because she's his bestie and he wanted to protect her from heartache, but why put that burden on her if he didn't have to? 

Liz stumbling upon the truth AFTER she had become romantically involved with Jason, and then struggling with what to do, would have been a better way to handle this story than her finding out the truth, thinking it over for 30 seconds, and then bedding Jake(son) that very night.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

Nik telling Liz the truth to prevent her from getting hurt is the only part of his behavior that rang true for me. I can't see how he'd keep that from her. Of course he'd risk losing ELQ for Liz.  

I don't think he imagined that she would continue the lie and then enter into a relationship with Jakeson, and there wouldn't have been a "burden" if she'd just told the truth. 

• Love 5

The way that played out was so weird.  When the conversation starts, Nikolas tells Liz the truth about Jake(son) and lays out all the reasons why it's okay what he did.  But when it continues in the next episode, she seems to be the one swearing him to secrecy. 

And I still think Liz taking Jake(son) to bed, like, half an hour after she found out the truth was pretty morally heinous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The way that played out was so weird.  When the conversation starts, Nikolas tells Liz the truth about Jake(son) and lays out all the reasons why it's okay what he did.  But when it continues in the next episode, she seems to be the one swearing him to secrecy. 

And I still think Liz taking Jake(son) to bed, like, half an hour after she found out the truth was pretty morally heinous.

And making sure he was a huge part of her sons' lives too. He was going to remember and he was going to leave once he did. So it was a bit cruel of her to "promise" a father who was never going to stick around.

• Love 4

I think another reason why Nik told Liez is because he was (secretly) tired of constantly lying and scheming and worrying about being found out but didn't have the courage to tell the truth himself. He told Liez because he assumed she would do his dirty work for him, only he didn't take into account how obsessive and desperate she is when it comes to Jason.

• Love 4

I completely agree. It's also the reason i don't believe she loved Jake. She chose Ric, and she was with Ric until the Nurse's Ball when she learned the truth about Jason and promptly took him to bed the same night. 

I think when Nik told Liz the truth, he was resigned to her outing Jake as Jason which would somehow result in him losing control of ELQ (because Jason was the heart of the Q's - *CopkillaMemorialEyeroll* or some such badly written bullshit)

I believe Nik thought he could consolidate shares and gain enough influence to maintain his position at ELQ when Jason recovered his memories. But he was willing to let that go to protect Liz. Her decision to lie meant that he could continue his plans - but she was begging him to keep the secret because otherwise he wouldn't have stood by and watched her do something that was going to result in her being hurt

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

why put that burden on her if he didn't have to? 

and

47 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I think another reason why Nik told Liez is because he was (secretly) tired of constantly lying and scheming and worrying about being found out but didn't have the courage to tell the truth himself. He told Liez because he assumed she would do his dirty work for him, only he didn't take into account how obsessive and desperate she is when it comes to Jason.

Nik has always been a weak man.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Nik has always been a weak man.

I don't think that's true. I think he's been incredibly selfish and dick-led but I don't think I'd characterize him as weak. And in this particular instance I honestly believe he was trying to do right by Elizabeth. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think that's true. I think he's been incredibly selfish and dick-led but I don't think I'd characterize him as weak. And in this particular instance I honestly believe he was trying to do right by Elizabeth. 

I thought it was obvious Nik didn't want her to keep the secret at first, as well. As in, continue to date Jake. That's why she felt she had to explain her ~reasons~ to him.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And the craziest part of Nikolas' and later Liz's insistence that Jake(son) would never remember?  This exact same thing happened to Nikolas!  And he remembered!  Mary Bishop, anyone?!?!

Another failure of Elizabeth Korte, who I believe is in charge of continuity.  New writers are not going to know what happened 12 years ago, without someone checking continuity and also know history.  Although, in the last decade plus be it under Guza, GW, RC and Jelly, fact checking has never been a big priority.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I thought it was obvious Nik didn't want her to keep the secret at first, as well. As in, continue to date Jake. That's why she felt she had to explain her ~reasons~ to him.

I recall him defending himself, explaining why keeping the secret was the right thing to do, that he was trying to protect Sam/Patrick, etc., etc.

9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think he was trying to justify his actions to someone whose good opinion he values, but I don't think he ever intended for her to keep the secret so she could date her amnesiac ex

Yes, this is what I meant. I probs wasn't clear. He didn't want her to keep the secret so she could continue to be with Jake. I mean, that's why he told her Jake was Jason. So she wouldn't be with him.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Another failure of Elizabeth Korte, who I believe is in charge of continuity.  New writers are not going to know what happened 12 years ago, without someone checking continuity and also know history.  Although, in the last decade plus be it under Guza, GW, RC and Jelly, fact checking has never been a big priority.

I mean, fact checking has always been an issue but I also think RC was determined to tell this story and there's only so much you can do if you're not the HW

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Nik telling Liz the truth to prevent her from getting hurt is the only part of his behavior that rang true for me. I can't see how he'd keep that from her. Of course he'd risk losing ELQ for Liz.  

I don't think he imagined that she would continue the lie and then enter into a relationship with Jakeson, and there wouldn't have been a "burden" if she'd just told the truth. 

So why didn't ole Nik tell both Jakeson and Liz at the same time?  Nik could have opened his mouth and told them both.  That would have been the thing to do.  Then let them sort it out from there.  RC deliberately chose to burden Liz with it.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

So why didn't ole Nik tell both Jakeson and Liz at the same time?  Nik could have opened his mouth and told them both.  That would have been the thing to do.  Then let them sort it out from there.  RC deliberately chose to burden Liz with it.  

Because Nik doesn't care about Jason; he cares about Liz. He didn't want Liz to get hurt by his schemes. And there really was no reason for it to be this huge burden for her - she made it one

As for RC, he probably wanted to do a GH version of the OLTL twins wedding reveal

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

I think Ron screwed both characters. Nik wanted to keep it a secret for his own benefit. But he didn't want to keep it a secret so Liz could date Jason. 

• Love 4

Besides Lucas (no, I'm not letting that go), you know who else I realized is missing from the wedding?  TJ.  I get it's a small wedding, but Molly's been with him forever, certainly longer than any other couple in that room.

Geez, way to double-knot the toe tag, Sabrina.

• Love 4