Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The Boo

It's neat to see what Carol does when she's alone. I, too, would spend my time scratching off every lotto ticket in existence. And hey, a free ticket is always sweet.

It's amazing that Phil's train didn't manage to crash into another train on its way to Carol. I was actually ecstatic when Carol came back.

So everyone went to Malibu. At least Phil hiding the note is understandable, he knows Carol wants to see the Tucson crew, but he knows not to go somewhere where he could be killed. He just fears Carol leaving him again. And then Phil gets Carol drunk and hauls the both of them to Malibu after Carol learns the truth and decides to stay in Tuscon. This won't end well.

The new guy with the Tucson crew is...Will Ferrell?! And they killed him off?! Color me shocked.

Next week: Carol tells the crew that Phil died. Like I said, this won't end well.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 4

It was such a great surprise having Will Farrell there. Now I'm sad though because he's dead and can't come back. Obviously he wasn't going to stay, but it stings. 

At first I was mad Phil was going to lie about the notes, but it started to make sense. If Carol left without him, he would be completely alone. He told some useless lies in the past. At least this one was understandable and didn't last long.

• Love 3

I just have no use for the relationship drama and backstabby shenanigans that seems to happen whenever there is more than just Phil and Carol in the picture. Show them exploring the world or learning how to make their strange circumstances and marriage work for them. But all the jockeying and alliances and counter-alliances and scheming crap they rely on whenever they add anyone else to the mix, is just not amusing or interesting to me. I left that shit behind in junior high school and don't want to watch adults revert to it, whatever the excuses.

• Love 6

I loved how after Phil told Carol how beautiful the California beaches were, Malibu is full of dead whales. I know this touches on the point someone mentioned last week about why isn't the world full of dead stuff, which wouldn't be very funny, but an exception now and then can work as a good sight gag.

Sorry about Phil's friend the steamrollered soccer ball.

• Love 5

Yeah, viewers kept asking, "Where's the dead bodies?" Well, you asked for it. :D

I loved this ep. It was fun watching Carol by herself. You could see she'd been doing a lot of bedazzling. That sculpture of Phil made of chewing tobacco and toothpaste was gross... but creative! I enjoyed her talking with the air blowy thingy and moving like it. 

Seeing Phil desperate to find Carol was wonderful. I really like that he's changed. The double-dreams were funny. When Carol came into the bedroom and started looking thru the bedside table drawer, I thought she'd pull out a gun for a triple-dream.

Having Will Ferrell die (apparently) was a great joke. 

Love this show.

• Love 2

RIP Bryce the soccer ball. That scene was hilarious, especially Phil's wail of anguish when the steamroller ran off the road two seconds after saying Bryce's death was worth it if the message got to Carol.

I also loved their rendition of "Informer" on the beach, although I'm shocked that anyone actually knew the words to that song. What a blast from the past!

I'm glad they found the Tucson crew again, but don't want to see a return to lying, scheming Tandy. He doesn't need to be fully redeemed into a good person, but it would be more interesting for me to see him grow and adapt than fall back into his slimy manipulations. And he can keep the beard, but a little trimming would be appreciated.

• Love 3
I'm glad they found the Tucson crew again, but don't want to see a return to lying, scheming Tandy. He doesn't need to be fully redeemed into a good person, but it would be more interesting for me to see him grow and adapt than fall back into his slimy manipulations. And he can keep the beard, but a little trimming would be appreciated.

Phil's scheme this time around seems to be "I don't want to die," rather than "I want to get laid," even if the first thought was inspired by the latter. It's why I liked that Phil only held on to the note for just this episode, instead of stretching it out.

According to next week's preview,

Carol told everyone he died and New Phil tries to get back with her.

THAT'S gonna be awkward when the truth comes out.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Awkward indeed! They don't show previews in the UK broadcast, so I go into each episode unspoiled, except for what I read here.

Yes, it was thoughtful of Galileo to spoiler-tag the reference to next week, although I think it was already spoiled upthread.

• Love 1

MarkHB, according to Family Guy, the flappy guy is a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. :)

Seeing Will Farrell as the new guy, who promptly dies, was a great gag. It's what I was hoping for the show in a way, that Phil and Carol would travel around, encountering all sorts of interesting and odd people, played by all kinds of guest actors. Getting a guest gig on Last Man could be a thing that big stars want to do. The creative possibilities are endless.

However, it seems they are going to stick with the original premise of a fuller cast.

• Love 4

I'd read that those flappy air guys are called air dancers, but I don't like that name.

I just double-checked. According to Wikipedia, they're called airdancer, skydancer, or tube dancer. I still don't like those names.

I'm sure Carol had that flappy guy plugged to a generator, being in a gas station I'm sure it will be fully fueled (if she knows how to siphon the gas)

Yeah her food choices were odd...

• Love 1

I love The Last Man On Earth, obviously. Unlike some others I am happy to see the Tuscon crew again, I loved the scheming, lying, cheating Tandy, I can`t wait to see how new Phil reacts to him coming back, although according to the trailer  Carol tells them he is dead. How are Todd and Melissa getting on, at least Todd has cleaned himself up. Can`t wait.

Edited by AZZURRI06

Another perfect episode for this season! I didn't think it could get any better than the season opener but I was pleasantly surprised. Phill and Carol make a really cute couple and it gives me warm, happy feelings to see them together. I was kind of disappointed when I saw Will Ferrell but was glad when it turned out to be a hilarious cameo( I hope). 

Will Ferrell......that was hilarious. And for once it was Carol causing the problems.

The show does work better with more people, only so many scenarios with the two of them

Creative way for Phil to get her a message.

we still don't know why/how his house burned.

• Love 1

Why do they never say anything about the dead humans or more animals besides whales? I would think they would be smelling rotting corps by now. And every house they choose is live in is empty? Wouldn't there be dead people in their homes? This show aggravates me

Why do they never say anything about the dead humans or more animals besides whales? I would think they would be smelling rotting corps by now. And every house they choose is live in is empty? Wouldn't there be dead people in their homes? This show aggravates me

I just quote MST3K,

"If you're wondering how he eats and breathes

And other science facts,

Just repeat to yourself 'It's just a show,

I should really just relax'

For Mystery Science Theater 3000"

I'm not trying to be flippant about the lack of realism, but it's a comedy, not a realistic drama. Plus, it would be too expensive to have to mock up dead bodies lying around. If that doesn't work for you, try imagining that most dead bodies were rounded up by some government agency and cremated to stop the spread of the disease ("Bring out your dead!") By the time most people had died, the bodies had been disposed of.

Edited by Lawgiver
  • Love 4