Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlyn Jenner: Call Me Caitlyn

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

Good article in Salon about how Caitlyn screwed everything up.

http://www.salon.com/2017/04/20/ellen-is-not-your-scapegoat-caitlyn-jenner-has-no-one-to-blame-for-her-tarnished-public-image-but-herself/

Thursday, Apr 20, 2017 07:30 PM EDT

"Ellen isn’t your scapegoat: Caitlyn Jenner has no one to blame for her tarnished public image but herself"

Good article but for the author's view that Jenner was ever "beloved" or "beautiful."

• Love 2
On 4/21/2017 at 11:41 AM, Artsda said:

Exactly! She uses everyone else as the bad guys including Ellen Degeneres.

As much as I do think the family is pissed over this book especially Kris, I do have to side eye the timing of this Sunday's "book" episode coming on the exact same week as the book release. It was obviously calculated and planned that way by Kris.

They never let their personal feelings get in the way of ratings or a money making opportunity. They will use Caitlyn, and vice versa, for as long as it's  financially benefial and  tabloid news worthy.

• Love 6
On 4/22/2017 at 10:40 AM, howmanywords said:

Kim Kardashian shades Caitlyn Jenner on Twitter in response to her #2020 interview, questioning if she’s going to talk about herself or the Kardashians

Kim also "liked" an Instagram post that bashed Caitlyn for always bringing up Kris so I'm guessing she's pissed.

She was a total moron for knocking Ellen. Ellen has more respect by her peers than Caitlyn can even dream of having.

Kim was the main one on her side, so if even she is hating Cait now. She ruined her family even more than she had when Bruce.

• Love 2

Caitlyn Jenner Spoofed as 'It' Clown in Ads Near Fox Studio

Maybe this will jar Jenner into reality upon realizing that this is how fellow conservatives really regard her.  The handiwork of a "conservative street artist":

clown_box_night_05.jpg

Ironically, this will probably buy her more sympathy than any of the finger-pointing she's doing in these interviews.

The comments section alone is enough to make one give up on humanity.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4

I wonder how long those posters will be allowed to remain in place.

From dictionary.com:

hate speech

hate speech

Examples

noun

speech that attacks, threatens, or insults a person or group on the basis of national origin,ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity,sexual orientation, or disability. 

I suspect that if the posters featured a hateful image that denied or ridiculed someone's identity on the basis of race or religion, they would be gone in a flash, and not featured with a full photo spread in a publication like The Hollywood Reporter.  Even the title of the article lends passive approval of the act: Caitlyn Jenner Spoofed ...

I despise Jenner, but that isn't "spoofing," ladies and gentlemen.   To publicly label a transgender person "IT" is a cruel, degrading and vicious attack.

Stephen King and whatever studio is releasing "IT" ought to slap a cease and desist on the so-called artist and if possible seek damages, because now their movie and its imagery are linked to a vile and hard-to-forget display of hatred and bigotry.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

Sounds like she's trying to kiss up some on this mornings GMA.

http://www.eonline.com/news/845542/caitlyn-jenner-opens-up-about-her-changed-relationship-with-her-kids

Hey, it's a reality show. It is drama. But you know I'm just kind of sorry she went down that road, but she's a good person and we've had 23 great years together and raised wonderful, phenomenal kids."

"Um, you know, when you go through something like this, you always hope for the best, and it could not have been any better. My kids have been absolutely great,"

From the beginning, entrepreneurial, be smart, this is a business, you got to treat it like a business. All of them have gone out, have kids. I've got 11 grandchildren now, have children, have successful jobs. They travel all over the world. That's also the reason why I don't see them quite as much as any parent feels the exact same way."

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

That's also the reason why I don't see them quite as much as any parent feels the exact same way."

If I had 6 bio kids over the course of 27 years, and 4 step kids that I raised for decades, I'd be a crippled mess of an old woman who'd like to stay as far off tv screens as possible. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

You mess with my community, you don’t give us equality and a fair shot, I’m coming after you,

Yeah, refusing to play golf with him sure is "coming after you", I bet he's holed up in the Oval Office right now weeping his heart out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Has he asked her to play? Did "Bruce" ever golf with him as part of a twosome or foursome?   

That is irrelevant in her world. It is all about her. I would imagine if there's anything 45 would even ask her, it would likely be to play golf. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, millennium said:

Maybe this will jar Jenner into reality upon realizing that this is how fellow conservatives really regard her.  The handiwork of a "conservative street artist":

clown_box_night_05.jpg

Ironically, this will probably buy her more sympathy than any of the finger-pointing she's doing in these interviews.

This is disgusting. I hate people but...sigh, these are the exact people she aligns herself with. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SailorGirl said:

That is irrelevant in her world. It is all about her. I would imagine if there's anything 45 would even ask her, it would likely be to play golf. 

I doubt he'd ask her on a date.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, millennium said:

clown_box_night_05.jpg

I converted to the Muslim faith and I joined ISIS

Great, now because of this asshole artist I have to defend Caitlyn Jenner.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Great, now because of this asshole artist I have to defend Caitlyn Jenner.

Not necessarily.   I spoke out in defense of transgender people, not Jenner.

Jenner has forced herself on the public well beyond the point of oversaturation.   She has behaved like a perfect asshole and keeps trying to increase her personal fame and fortune by exploiting transgender issues even while she has proven that she has little or no empathy for others in the transgender community.   I don't mean to "blame the victim," but it was only a matter of time until she experienced some backlash.

This is a perfect example of what I suspected from the day she came out: that she would make an ass of herself and it would be transgender people at large who would be dragged down into the mud right along with her

6 hours ago, iwasish said:

Has he asked her to play? Did "Bruce" ever golf with him as part of a twosome or foursome?   

Does anyone really believe Trump asked Jenner to play?   Seriously?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 5

I'm planning on buying the Kindle version of this book later today, but Time has some interesting (not really) spoilers:

The book is very inconsistent.  She states an opinion and then walks it back, constantly (whether she sees herself as a "woman" or "trans woman")

Biggest regrets are about family.  Her younger brother died when he was 18?  How'd I miss that?

She dated Kris Kardashian to "find cover" from pervasive rumors of her cross dressing.  So how did Kris not hear of these, considering how well connected she was in Hollywood?

I still doubt she threw Kris under the bus to the point Kris claims in the most recent episode of KUWTK. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

She dated Kris Kardashian to "find cover" from pervasive rumors of her cross dressing.

And why date Kris Kardashian of all people?  IMo there had to be some kind of ulterior motive not related to rumors of cross dressing.

• Love 1

I think he died in a car accident. She  brought it up when Khloe got her DUI.

She says she's not a one issue voter, but didn't she tell the ladies on the bus trip that the economy (and it's impact on her private fortune) was her main concern with the candidates? Now it LGBT rights?

Robert Kardashian knew about the cross dressing, Kim says she heard him  joking around with his friends about it.  He never went to Kris and discussed it  with her? His kids are living with and essentially being raised by someone who is a cross dresser? Rob Sr was supposedly an old fashioned kind of father,  I can;'t imagine he didn't have some concerns. This was 25 years ago, and even now, no matter how enlightened or open minded people are, I think most would at least have a conversation about it with the other parent. I know I would.  I do believe Kris knew, the boobs, the rumors. Kim telling that story about her almost being outed and how the reporter killed the story out of the goodness of his heart ( or a fat check into his account), there was too much smoke not to smell something. But Kris being Kris... and seeing how she's refused to face reality with Rob and his problems,  I can easily her putting in the furthest recesses of her mind, believing that if her husband was hiding it all this time, there was nothing to fear, it would stay in the closet. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And why date Kris Kardashian of all people?  IMo there had to be some kind of ulterior motive not related to rumors of cross dressing.

I think she was attracted to the idea of a big family, and what safety she thought it afforded her.  "No, he can't be a cross dresser or worse! gay! look at all those kids"

I give Kris some credit too.  Before she became pimp momma and the power person she is now, I can see that she would come across as a fun loving, and attractive, she had lots of friends and was a life of the party kind of person.  I can see the attraction. Plus she needed someone to support her and those kids,  I think she ruled with a velvet glove in the beginning and only when she was bringing in the big money and as Caitlyn said "no longer needed her" did she stop being so accepting of Caitlyn's desire to be a recluse and a stick in the mud.   They used each other, till they had no use for each other.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Just had to switch off Don Lemon when the famewhore reared her fugly head.   Lemon introduced her as "Caitlyn Jenner's in Washington working on LGBT issues ..."

Is that a politically correct way of saying Jenner's in Washington hawking a book?  

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, millennium said:

Just had to switch off Don Lemon when the famewhore reared her fugly head.   Lemon introduced her as "Caitlyn Jenner's in Washington working on LGBT issues ..."

Is that a politically correct way of saying Jenner's in Washington hawking a book?  

She stopped by to personally tell Donald she won't be golfing with him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

The New York Post version of the interview is not at all flattering to Caitlyn.

Caitlyn Jenner kept rudely interrupting Kelly Ripa on 'Live'

Geez, how awful. "At one point, Jenner even turned the tables on Ripa, asking when she first identified as a female. 'Just think about that,' she said, pointing her manicured finger at Ripa. 'When did you know you were a girl?' "

Incredibly rude. When people ask Jenner about her personal life, she often frowns, growls "Don't go there," and refuses to answer. Yet she feels free to ask Kelly such an inappropriate personal question, on live national TV at that!

"Of course, Jenner wasn’t merely content being a guest on the morning show. 'I want to win the best-entrance contest at the end of the year,' Jenner immediately proclaimed upon sitting in her chair."

Best entrance? I realize she was being sarcastic, but still, WTF? What the hell difference does it make how her "entrance" looked? Who does she think she is, Loretta Young coming through the doorway?*

*(That's a reference other older people will get -- The Loretta Young Show. Each week, as the show began, she came swooping through the doorway in a fabulous dress.)

Misc pics Loretta Young Shw entrance, 1.jpg

Edited by Coffeecup
  • Love 5

"Now, I thought, all of a sudden, now the story gets a lot more interesting. Oh my God, girl, would we have a good time."

"Girl?"   That makes me cringe.   It's like when your parents try to "relate" by talking "hip" and instead make themselves look like idiots.   You're 67, Jenner.   And a Republican.

Jenner seems desperate to prove to Kelly and the female audience "I'm one of you," and in the attempt merely highlights how much of an alien she really is. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, millennium said:

"Girl?"   That makes me cringe.   It's like when your parents try to "relate" by talking "hip" and instead make themselves look like idiots.   You're 67, Jenner.   And a Republican.

Jenner seems desperate to prove to Kelly and the female audience "I'm one of you," and in the attempt merely highlights how much of an alien she really is. 

Can't wait til she visits The View or Real.

When she pointed her finger at Kelly, my mind went to Kim's ex box and that prop finger she saved from Neverland Ranch.

• Love 2

I've never been a big fan of Kelly (as the host of this show - loved her on All my Children, though!)  but I think she knew exactly what she would be walking into with this interview and handled herself well. 

I'm 2/3 of the way through Caitlyn's book and my feeling is that she and Kris really didn't know each other at all.  They surrounded themselves with material distractions and all of those children so they could avoid really talking to each other about anything.  "Uh oh, looks like Bruce ordered himself another wig.  Time to work on giving Kendall a baby sister!"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I've never been a big fan of Kelly (as the host of this show - loved her on All my Children, though!)  but I think she knew exactly what she would be walking into with this interview and handled herself well. 

I'm 2/3 of the way through Caitlyn's book and my feeling is that she and Kris really didn't know each other at all.  They surrounded themselves with material distractions and all of those children so they could avoid really talking to each other about anything.  "Uh oh, looks like Bruce ordered himself another wig.  Time to work on giving Kendall a baby sister!"

He did eventually get banished to the garage and got the side eye when he dared to get comfy in the walk in closet and watch TV there.  The move to Malibu was the death knell for that relationship. I think Kris thought she'd be content sitting around the pool in her caftan and hiding from the public. The fact that she decided to actually go thru with the transition without getting Kris's okay and didn't let Kris orchestrate just how it would all be spun for public consumption is what bothers Kris.

• Love 6

I always thought that Caitlyn and Kris are very much alike personality-wise. I think they are both horrible people for similar reasons. I do think Kris is a bit more savvy and better at playing the media game than Caitlyn.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I always thought that Caitlyn and Kris are very much alike personality-wise. I think they are both horrible people for similar reasons. I do think Kris is a bit more savvy and better at playing the media game than Caitlyn.

Oh for sure Kris is a media pro. I'll bet too that had Caitlyn let Kris handle the transition, she would have come across much more likeable. But all the inner resentment that Caitlyn has had for Kris over the years wouldn't allow her to do that. She thought she could do it all on her own. just like she won the Olympic Gold. Yet if you look back, it was her first wife whose sacrifice and willingness to carry the financial burden, along with allowing Cait to be the self centered asshole she remains today, that let her achieve that success.  

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, iwasish said:

Robert Kardashian knew about the cross dressing, Kim says she heard him  joking around with his friends about it.  He never went to Kris and discussed it  with her? His kids are living with and essentially being raised by someone who is a cross dresser? Rob Sr was supposedly an old fashioned kind of father,  I can;'t imagine he didn't have some concerns. This was 25 years ago, and even now, no matter how enlightened or open minded people are, I think most would at least have a conversation about it with the other parent. I know I would.  I do believe Kris knew, the boobs, the rumors. Kim telling that story about her almost being outed and how the reporter killed the story out of the goodness of his heart ( or a fat check into his account), there was too much smoke not to smell something. But Kris being Kris... and seeing how she's refused to face reality with Rob and his problems,  I can easily her putting in the furthest recesses of her mind, believing that if her husband was hiding it all this time, there was nothing to fear, it would stay in the closet. 

First of all, even now, with all the information, people still confused cross dressing with someone being transgender.  And even though the community has made strides, there is still a lot of hate out there.   So can you imagine what it was like 25 yrs ago?   I seriously doubt Kris or anyone in the family even knew what transgender was back then.  But even if they did, I can see where the natural response would be to protect Bruce.  Can you image all the hate they would have gotten if he was outed?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, escape said:

First of all, even now, with all the information, people still confused cross dressing with someone being transgender.  And even though the community has made strides, there is still a lot of hate out there.   So can you imagine what it was like 25 yrs ago?   I seriously doubt Kris or anyone in the family even knew what transgender was back then.  But even if they did, I can see where the natural response would be to protect Bruce.  Can you image all the hate they would have gotten if he was outed?

I agree, that's why I can't believe Rob Sr, didn't have some kind of a conversation with Kris when he heard rumors. I don't think he was that much more enlightened about cross dressing v transgender back then. . Even today with more knowledge and acceptance, when your own children are the ones that will be living with and dealing with this situation, you have to have some level of concern on how they may be affected. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, iwasish said:

I agree, that's why I can't believe Rob Sr, didn't have some kind of a conversation with Kris when he heard rumors. I don't think he was that much more enlightened about cross dressing v transgender back then. . Even today with more knowledge and acceptance, when your own children are the ones that will be living with and dealing with this situation, you have to have some level of concern on how they may be affected. 

But how do you know whether he went to Kris or not?

I had a friend once who was always super quiet and as a result got stepped all over as a kid, in high school, in college, etc.  It wasn't until her late 20s that she realy found her voice.  The problem?  She thought that she could say whatever she wanted, however she wanted, to whomever she wanted - and it came with an air of entitlement.  Like because she hadn't spoken up for so long, she now how the right to say anything and any way.  Caitlyn's way of talking to everybody, especially her family, reminds me exactly of this friend.  She wasn't herself for so long, she had no respected voice in the K-family, and now that she's Caitlyn, everybody just better move over.  She is right, she is entitled, nobody else matters.

The problem with that however is that it doesn't matter if you are transgender or not.  Life doesn't work that way.  How you express yourself MATTERS.  Caitlyn doesn't seem to have any real concept of this.  If she wants respect?  It would serve her well to look at her interactions with people.  Perhaps instead of saying Kris knew Kris knew, as example, it is as simple as saying "because of xyz, I thought Kris fully understood and knew."  Same statement, same message.

Nuance matters.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, escape said:

First of all, even now, with all the information, people still confused cross dressing with someone being transgender.

From dictionary.com:

The term transgender has largely replaced the older term transsexual, which is now considered outdated. Transgender is a less clinical term, referring more to gender identity and gender expression than to sexual orientation or physical sex characteristics. It is also a more general and inclusive term: a transgender person may be gay, transsexual, transvestite, or even genderqueer.

In other words, crossdressing falls under the transgender umbrella.

I think what you meant is that "even now, people confuse crossdressing with someone being transsexual."

52 minutes ago, Shangrilala said:

now that she's Caitlyn, everybody just better move over.  She is right, she is entitled, nobody else matters.

I draw comfort from my anticipation that this is Jenner's final hurrah.   The "book deal" is the last stop on the 15-minutes Express.   Now that "all the secrets are out" she has nothing left to foist upon the public.  She has no talent and she can't get by on her personality or her looks.   No one takes her seriously as an "advocate." The people she claims to speak for can't stand her.   The next time we see her face plastered all over the web will probably be the day she dies.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, escape said:

But how do you know whether he went to Kris or not?

I don't know if he did or not, but because she was the mother of his underage kids, I would think he might have some interest/concern? If your ex spouse was married to or about to marry someone that you knew, or had reliable information,about their cross dressing and or gender issues, wouldn't you be concerned or at least have an interest in or want to be aware of just how this information would affect your children? 

Or maybe Rob Sr,was just grateful that Caitlyn had stepped up and agreed to put an end to any settlement demands that Kris had in the divorce? He got out of the marriage with I believe only child support, no cash settlement/property distribution to Kris.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, millennium said:

From dictionary.com:

In other words, crossdressing falls under the transgender umbrella.

I think what you meant is that "even now, people confuse crossdressing with someone being transsexual."

I draw comfort from my anticipation that this is Jenner's final hurrah.   The "book deal" is the last stop on the 15-minutes Express.   Now that "all the secrets are out" she has nothing left to foist upon the public.  She has no talent and she can't get by on her personality or her looks.   No one takes her seriously as an "advocate." The people she claims to speak for can't stand her.   The next time we see her face plastered all over the web will probably be the day she dies.

I think we will see her for at least a couple weeks, probably booked in advance by her agent to make the usual rounds selling her book. But seeing how viewers reaction to her so far is pretty negative, they might cut the tour short. She can head back to Malibu anytime if it is up to.me.

• Love 1

Maybe she won't be heading back to Malibu -- she might be headed for Washington, D.C. She's considering running for office, maybe Congress. Nothing definite, just something vague she said during an interview.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/caitlyn-jenner-run-for-office/

"Caitlyn Jenner: 'I would seriously look at a run' for office"

"Caitlyn Jenner told an audience Tuesday night that she would consider running for public office during an interview promoting her new book.

"Jenner, a Republican who came out as transgender in 2015 and says she voted for Donald Trump, told a crowd at the 92nd Street Y community center in New York City that over the next year or two, she will look at where she thinks she could be more effective: On the inside of government or from the outside working with her foundation...

"... Jenner, an Olympic gold medalist who previously was known as Bruce, says for years she was approached after speaking gigs by fans urging her to run for office. She told the audience with a laugh, "I've got way too many skeletons in my closet," but now, she says she has no more secrets... Jenner reaffirmed her Republican leanings, saying that she's always "believed in something called the Constitution and limited government," and that the GOP leans closer to limited government than the Democrats, in her opinion..."

Some articles I saw said she'd run for the Senate, but the CNN article didn't mention anything that specific. Whatever office she'd pursue, I'm not sure she would get very many votes from Republicans (or Democrats either, for that matter).  

Edited by Coffeecup
20 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Maybe she won't be heading back to Malibu -- she might be headed for Washington, D.C. She's considering running for office, maybe Congress. Nothing definite, just something vague she said during an interview.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/caitlyn-jenner-run-for-office/

"Caitlyn Jenner: 'I would seriously look at a run' for office"

"Caitlyn Jenner told an audience Tuesday night that she would consider running for public office during an interview promoting her new book.

"Jenner, a Republican who came out as transgender in 2015 and says she voted for Donald Trump, told a crowd at the 92nd Street Y community center in New York City that over the next year or two, she will look at where she thinks she could be more effective: On the inside of government or from the outside working with her foundation...

"... Jenner, an Olympic gold medalist who previously was known as Bruce, says for years she was approached after speaking gigs by fans urging her to run for office. She told the audience with a laugh, "I've got way too many skeletons in my closet," but now, she says she has no more secrets... Jenner reaffirmed her Republican leanings, saying that she's always "believed in something called the Constitution and limited government," and that the GOP leans closer to limited government than the Democrats, in her opinion..."

Some articles I saw said she'd run for the Senate, but the CNN article didn't mention anything that specific. Whatever office she'd purse, I'm not sure she would get very many votes from Republicans (or Democrats either, for that matter).  

I saw that but didn't think it worth mentioning.   Public service?   This is a selfish, vain and arrogant individual.  The spotlight of an election might appeal to her need to be celebrated, but the shine might quickly fade.   Jenner claims it was what people didn't know about her that prevented running for office in the past.   But today it may well be what we do know:  shitty husband, shitty father, insensitive lout when it comes to LGBT issues, Trump supporter (that should go over well in California) -- oh, and her role in the vehicular death of Kim Howe (remember her?)

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

Haven't we seem Khloe speak to her on camera?

Caitlyn Jenner Says Khloe Kardashian Hasn't Talked To Her in Two Years

"If I didn’t tell her everything…first of all, she never asked." SoKhloe should have asked her if she was transitioning and going to have a tv show? 

Two years? That's not too long, I think.Brandon and Brody didn't have a conversation with their father for much longer.

I thought Khloe asked questions. Some were inappropriate and gross, but at least they were questions. I guess,Caitlyn would have preferred she act like Kim and jump right to sorting out her wardrobe and giving fashion advice?

• Love 5