Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Suspicious Minds

• Start Topic

Here is another clip the sit down between Tamra and Vicki.  Tamra deftly plays both sides and pretty much challenges Brooks to show his medical records.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1016/videos?clip=2905522

I don't want to defend Brooks but with the way these people twist things I can only imagine what would become from reading a medical document and passing it on.  I am at a loss why anyone continues to carry the torch that Meghan is just going by what the psychic said.  Tamra clearly says Meghan is trying to prove Brooks wrong.  Unfortunately, Vicki does bring up the obvious-what does Brooks have to do- die?

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Wow. So Tamra and Heather think that maybe Vicki is being taken for a ride by Brooks, but Shannon believes that if he is lying, Vicki is in on it. I guess we can now see why Vicki is still close to Tamra after filming and doesn't seem to blame her for any of the shit that has gone down. It's one thing to question Brooks, but something very differerent to question Vicki.

• Love 8

Meghan is so unlikeable that I always felt weird defending her zest in uncovering Brooks' scam (because #justice), so I'm relieved the others are jumping on board. I appreciated Heather being so direct with Vicki about the possible false claims and inconsistenses in Brooks' story, but then she started in on how she was only being so forward because she thought Vicki was being duped. Heather - I thought you were smarter than that! Kadooze to Shannon for figuring out that Vicki is in on it. She used the argument that I consider as case closed - you can't live with someone who's undergoing chemo and not know that they're faking cancer. She knows. And now Shannon knows. Yea!

• Love 7

Wow. So Tamra and Heather think that maybe Vicki is being taken for a ride by Brooks, but Shannon believes that if he is lying, Vicki is in on it. I guess we can now see why Vicki is still close to Tamra after filming and doesn't seem to blame her for any of the shit that has gone down. It's one thing to question Brooks, but something very differerent to question Vicki.

Twice Vicki has blown Shannon off when she has tried to talk about it and twice Shannon has stood up for Vicki with Meghan over the issue.  Vicki seems to rather go back to Tamra-who started the whole mess than have a heart to heart with Shannon.

Personally, I think Vicki and Tamra the camera time for themselves and are leaving the others to talk among themselves to create drama while they "support" each other.

• Love 3

I actually know people who say Essiac tea cured them. I have thought about drinking it just as a preventative medicine! It's interesting because, whether you believe in its effectiveness or not, the American government did try to shut Rene Caisse down from making it or serving it. Things that make you go hmmm.

Heather has definitely been sly this time around. She has this way of dropping little bombs but dressing them up as her being loyal. Like, in the preview video, when Meghan brings up the blog, Heather makes a point to say, "I read those blogs a year ago but didn't think they were true." It's the way she says it, it feels like such bullshit. I think what she really means to say is, "Yeah, I read those blogs, and I thought that there's some fire with that smoke, but I'm not supposed to say anything because I 'support' Vicki, so I will just casually mention that I read those blogs while pretending I never gave them any credence." Kind of like how she keeps insisting Meghan is acting out of concern for Brooks when she knows good and well that Meghan has just been shit stirring. Heather is totally full of shit.

Heather and Terry Dubrow have been busy creating and branding their own line of merchandise. Heather has her new champagne 'Collette', Terry has his new line of skin products being sold on QVC plus his own television series Botched. Heather will take any role offered to her. People that ambitious for wealth and stature will always sit on a fence on any argument in order to save face. The last thing a couple like Heather and Terry want is to be disliked by anyone, it would hurt sales revenue. Heather is trying to balance being a part of the disturbance without being openly involved in any. When Shannon held her dumb Ares party, Heather was busy gossiping with the other shrews about Vicki and Brooks, but when they arrived Heather made a quick exit so she wouldn't be seen as an accomplice by Vicki. With Heather and Terry, the main objective is to be seen by the public as two people who just happened to be caught up in something they'd rather not publicly take sides in, so they recede into the background and try to hold onto their 'honest' and 'fair' persona for the sake of their business enterprises. For two people intent on building an untouchable empire, negative press is the last thing they want.

• Love 5

That makes a lot of sense, and I think this was telegraphed by the editors when they previewed the First Look ("previously on RHOOC...") with the scene of Shannon telling Vicki in Bali that she appreciates their friendship... Gotta see how this plays out, but it's tough to take on Vicki the OG, so I wish her luck.

• Love 4

Meghan is so unlikeable that I always felt weird defending her zest in uncovering Brooks' scam (because #justice), so I'm relieved the others are jumping on board. I appreciated Heather being so direct with Vicki about the possible false claims and inconsistenses in Brooks' story, but then she started in on how she was only being so forward because she thought Vicki was being duped. Heather - I thought you were smarter than that! Kadooze to Shannon for figuring out that Vicki is in on it. She used the argument that I consider as case closed - you can't live with someone who's undergoing chemo and not know that they're faking cancer. She knows. And now Shannon knows. Yea!

That makes a lot of sense, and I think this was telegraphed by the editors when they previewed the First Look ("previously on RHOOC...") with the scene of Shannon telling Vicki in Bali that she appreciates their friendship... Gotta see how this plays out, but it's tough to take on Vicki the OG, so I wish her luck.

I've always been hesitant to defend Meghan because I know how unlikeable she seems but the one thing I do like about her is that Vicki doesn't make her back down.   I think there's been an undercurrent of suspicion about Brooks' cancer all season but with almost everyone chiming in now, it has to come to a head (or blows) soon.  Since Vicki didn't break up with Brooks until after the season was filmed, that's going to add to the reunion drama.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

Heather and Terry Dubrow have been busy creating and branding their own line of merchandise. Heather has her new champagne 'Collette', Terry has his new line of skin products being sold on QVC plus his own television series Botched. Heather will take any role offered to her. People that ambitious for wealth and stature will always sit on a fence on any argument in order to save face. The last thing a couple like Heather and Terry want is to be disliked by anyone, it would hurt sales revenue. Heather is trying to balance being a part of the disturbance without being openly involved in any. When Shannon held her dumb Ares party, Heather was busy gossiping with the other shrews about Vicki and Brooks, but when they arrived Heather made a quick exit so she wouldn't be seen as an accomplice by Vicki. With Heather and Terry, the main objective is to be seen by the public as two people who just happened to be caught up in something they'd rather not publicly take sides in, so they recede into the background and try to hold onto their 'honest' and 'fair' persona for the sake of their business enterprises. For two people intent on building an untouchable empire, negative press is the last thing they want.

They are not on QVC but on a lesser shopping channel, Evine, formerly Shop NBC, the same SC as LuAnn's (NY) Countess line. LOL

I think Heather and Terry got so much heat last season for their behavior towards Shannon/David that they are afraid to lay it all out with any of the cast members and are now trying to stay in the middle as much as possible.  Last season was a real wake up call for them IMO.

• Love 7

I was surprised Heather and Terry were featured taking such an assertive stance.  Terry quizzing Brooks about drinking alcohol-the magic potion resveratrol best source is in red wine.  I thought Heather overstepped telling Vicki that Brooks should cough up a lab report.  It is not Vicki's place to do it and if they were Terry and Heather friends they would drop it and reiterate how private medical records are. 

I do believe that Vicki did ask Shannon to help and then there came a time when the help went from informational to nagging.  Nagging is something Shannon excels in.  I am sure Shannon is astounded that Brooks didn't follow through with her world class doctor and maybe we will hear he did.  In all honesty all Brooks had to say is he went to the world famous doctor-Shannon would have no way of knowing if Brooks went. I am guessing Brooks checked out world famous doctor and her lifestyle choices for patients did not jive with how he was willing to live his life. 

Vicki said the group quizzed Brooks for an hour about his condition at CUT Fitness.  Perhaps at that time he had hoped the resveratrol would help him into remission but after consulting with the cellulite/resveratrol doctor Brooks was going for boosting his immune system and had his eye on BMT.  I tend to side with Brooks if chemo wasn't working and I were feeling weakened, I don't know if I would want a daily blast of the stuff that wasn't working and making me sick.  I am guessing Brooks took a break and went back to chemo or other conventional treatment.  THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT.  Said each season on each and every RH show and it never does,

• Love 4

They are not on QVC but on a lesser shopping channel, Evine, formerly Shop NBC, the same SC as LuAnn's (NY) Countess line. LOL

I think Heather and Terry got so much heat last season for their behavior towards Shannon/David that they are afraid to lay it all out with any of the cast members and are now trying to stay in the middle as much as possible.  Last season was a real wake up call for them IMO.

I accidentally caught them on Evine today.  I've already had enough of them on the show and reading about them here, so I couldn't stomach much.  All I know is that Terry brings to mind Cyrano de Bergerac every time I look at him.

Oh, wait - one other thing that I know is that I give Shannon A LOT of credit for even being civil to Heather, because Heather's treatment of her last year was absolutely fucking atrocious.  Talk about being the bigger person.  Actually, Shannon's the only one that I've seen do such a thing yet.  I don't believe that she's doing it for some selfish motivation, either, as seems to be the driving force behind every action we see from each of the other cast members.  We've actually got ourselves an adult here, I do believe.  Who'da thunk it?   And from within the OC group, nonetheless?!

Despite the raging bitch she was last season, though, I have to applaud Heather's "Cut Ze Crap" approach with the Vickster tonight.  Vicki knows full well what's going on with Brooks.  She is not a good liar.  Shannon knows of what she speaks. 

• Love 9

I'm not sure why,  but I love that Shannon pronounces resveratrol correctly, but Heather doesn't.

You would think being married to Terry she might have discussed the doctor and Brooks' claims with him??? Terry would have corrected her. Guess she was busy with her new castle and didn't give two shits about Brooks or Vicki at the time?!?

• Love 3

I kinda feel bad for Brooks. He really hasn't done so much to make him so universally disliked. But I've spent my whole life being a person people don't like and it's hard to fix something when you don't really know what it is.

I just realized I'm using my deceased aunt's sign on. I know there are people out there who cared about her and I apologize. Signing out right now.

• Love 4

So, does this mean that this is the episode where we find out more of the details as to why they all seem so convinced that Brooks doesn't have cancer? Because I still haven't seen anything on the show that would convince me he has been faking it (other than his general shiftiness). I mean, yeah, the two flat tires thing is weird, but not enough (for me) to declare that he is making the whole thing up. Nothing Meghan has come up with is very damning. I am not putting stock in Scott Cruz's, "I don't see it, but I'm not Gandhi" spiel. Heather has made it seem in interviews that viewers would see for themselves why it all seems so off base, and I am hoping this is the episode that things start getting more incriminating. Otherwise, this whole storyline is a dud for me.

• Love 10

First Look:  As much as I often can't stand Heather, she was straight on with her conversation with Vicki.  I couldn't agree with her more.

Agreed. I thought that Heather handled it perfectly. She was involved in the conversation about Brooks and went directly to Vicki about it, vs. continuing to talk about it behind their backs. She was honest, but came across as supportive. 

• Love 4

I agree that Shannon has this right - if Brooks is faking it, Vicki has to know about it. The thing that is going to be interesting is what Shannon says to Vicki. Heather told them all that she had the direct conversation with Vicki, so Vicki is in the loop as to what everyone is thinking. I wonder if Shannon will be so honest with Vicki about her doubts, and especially if she will confront her about saying that she (Vicki) didn't ask Shannon for her help. At the end of the day, it seems like a small thing to me, but from reading Shannon's blog last week, and also her comments in the First Look about how she never lies, it seems like the fact that Vicki is not acknowledging she asked for help bugs Shannon. 

• Love 7

I was surprised Heather and Terry were featured taking such an assertive stance.  Terry quizzing Brooks about drinking alcohol-the magic potion resveratrol best source is in red wine.  I thought Heather overstepped telling Vicki that Brooks should cough up a lab report.  It is not Vicki's place to do it and if they were Terry and Heather friends they would drop it and reiterate how private medical records are. 

I think that Heather is just pointing out the obvious, that showing his medical records would put a stop to it all. I'm sure she is well aware of the privacy of medical records, but they've come on a reality show and talked of medical conditions that are private, talked about treatments, and even thrown out the name of doctors. This is a guy who was willing to go on national TV and show us his ugly mouth and publicly document the fact that his girlfriend bought him a new set of teeth - including before and after pictures. Brooks is under no obligation to give these people any further information of course, but if he wants folks to stop talking about it, there is one way to accomplish this and for someone to not point that out would be silly IMO. 

• Love 10

Heather said the doctor treating Brooks treated her for cellulite after she had her kids. How many years ago was that? Can a doctor change his specialty? I know a few who did.

Heather also said that Brooks told her his doctor was cured of the same cancer he has in two months using Resveratrol treatments, then they edited to a flash back scene of Brooks talking to the HWs at the gym and Brooks said his doctor went into remission after 4 months of Resveratrol treatment?!?

I think we're getting purposely bamboozled! I also wondered if Brooks' break up with Vicki and his tweets are part of the RHOC web of intrigue?

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Heather said the doctor treating Brooks treated her for cellulite after she had her kids. How many years ago was that? Can a doctor change his specialty? I know a few who did.

Heather also said that Brooks told her his doctor was cured of the same cancer he has in two months using reservatol treatments, then they edited to a flash back scene of Brooks talking to the HWs at the gym and Brooks said his doctor went into remission after 4 months of reservatol treatment?!?

I think we're getting purposely bamboozled! I also wondered if Brooks' break up with Vicki and his tweets are part of the RHOC web of intrigue?

Brooks has never been big on the consistency of his stories. Cured and going into remission are two entirely different things. He seems to have taken more interest in his new teeth than he does getting the very best treatment for his supposed cancer. His Reservatol story, like all of Brooks' stories, sounds fishy in the extreme.

So, assuming he does still have NHL cancer, I'd think the last thing he'd want is to unilaterally cut off his gravy train connection with Vicki (if Tamra is to be believed this one time). 

Edited by Should Be Working
  • Love 3

I think that Heather is just pointing out the obvious, that showing his medical records would put a stop to it all. I'm sure she is well aware of the privacy of medical records, but they've come on a reality show and talked of medical conditions that are private, talked about treatments, and even thrown out the name of doctors. This is a guy who was willing to go on national TV and show us his ugly mouth and publicly document the fact that his girlfriend bought him a new set of teeth - including before and after pictures. Brooks is under no obligation to give these people any further information of course, but if he wants folks to stop talking about it, there is one way to accomplish this and for someone to not point that out would be silly IMO. 

I wonder how Heather and Terry would feel id the others were saying, "oh sure Terry put $1 million in of his own money."  All he would have to do is show them his financials.  Terry may not want to show them the financials but it doesn't necessary make Terry a liar.

I still maintain the biggest problem with this storyline is it does not have enough to do with Vicki and she wants to be the center of attention.  Brooks didn't mind at dinner if Shannon talked about what the psychic said-Vicki did.  If Shannon would have spilled it there then Vicki would not have had a scene the next day with Tamra.  That would be Tamra, Brooks biggest supporter. 

I do not think Shannon is suggesting that Vicki is in on a scheme, I think she is saying Brooks could not possibly be faking because Vicki would know and not tolerate it.

There is this from Brooks on 9/10/15:  http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/09/10/brooks-ayers-and-vicki-gunvalson-talk-stopping-chemo-exclusive/

• Love 2

I wonder how Heather and Terry would feel id the others were saying, "oh sure Terry put $1 million in of his own money."  All he would have to do is show them his financials.  Terry may not want to show them the financials but it doesn't necessary make Terry a liar.

I'm sure they wouldn't like it. No one likes to be questioned about such things, as Heather pointed out to Vicki. It sucks. If, however, it should become a central part of Heather and Terry's storyline - that they were lying about having the funds to put into their venture - I don't think anyone would be wrong to tell them that there are easy ways they can quickly shut people up. 

It's actually the only thing about all of this that is interesting to me.  For the most part, this storyline and thus the whole season is pitiful. This is one of those rare Reality TV show deals that can be easily put to rest. So often we never actually end up knowing the truth because everything is a he said/she said deal. We talk years later about specific situations that one HW has said happened (Camille accusing Kyle of talking smack about her). It goes on for years and we pick sides based on HW's we like, on past behavior, or just because something makes sense (or doesn't make sense). In this case the person being accused can very easily be crowned the winner, yet for whatever reason won't provide the information that would make it so. 

My guess is that Vicki loves this. Being the victim is what she thrives on. She isn't mad at Tamra at all, and in fact they seem maybe closer than ever. If you are going to be irritated with someone, it would make sense that her anger would be directed at Tamra. If the cancer is real I think she will continue to play the victim and not show any records, loving the fact that she is being treated in such a manner.  I would imagine she will dramatically show them at the reunion, however. If they exist, she will absolutely at some point show them. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

I still maintain the biggest problem with this storyline is it does not have enough to do with Vicki and she wants to be the center of attention.  Brooks didn't mind at dinner if Shannon talked about what the psychic said-Vicki did.  If Shannon would have spilled it there then Vicki would not have had a scene the next day with Tamra.  That would be Tamra, Brooks biggest supporter. 

I do not think Shannon is suggesting that Vicki is in on a scheme, I think she is saying Brooks could not possibly be faking because Vicki would know and not tolerate it.

There is this from Brooks on 9/10/15:  http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/09/10/brooks-ayers-and-vicki-gunvalson-talk-stopping-chemo-exclusive/

I think Heather and Terry would be more than happy to show proof they put in a million dollars just so they could show people they had that much extra cash laying around. lol

• Love 8

If I had cancer, and people accused of me faking it, I absolutely would not show them my medical records. Ever. This is a power struggle. And the second Vicki shows Brooks' records, she has given into Meghan's drama. Even if she proves Meghan wrong, she has still had to play ball. I would never give someone like Meghan the satisfaction of twisting my arm enough to do something as personal as disclosing medical records. Especially in a situation like this where Vicki is an established OG and Meghan is this new girl on the block fighting for relevancy (likely not to be around for very long). Vicki is right: they owe Meghan no explanation. To even go to the effort of "proving" it is, in a way, giving Meghan credence and validity that she does not deserve in this argument. So, for me, it would never happen. But I'm fucking stubborn when provoked :)

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 22

If I had cancer, and people accused of me faking it, I absolutely would not show them my medical records. Ever. This is a power struggle. And the second Vicki shows Brooks' records, she has given into Meghan's drama. Even if she proves Meghan wrong, she has still had to play ball. I would never give someone like Meghan the satisfaction of twisting my arm enough to do something as personal as disclosing medical records. Especially in a situation like this where Vicki is an established OG and Meghan is this new girl on the block fighting for relevancy (likely not to be around for very long). Vicki is right: they owe Meghan no explanation. To even go to the effort of "proving" it is, in a way, giving Meghan credence and validity that she does not deserve in this argument. So, for me, it would never happen. But I'm fucking stubborn when provoked :)

Damn right Phil Marlowe. No way in hell would I show someone my medical records to prove something.  I would also end any relationship I had with the people who asked for them.. Although, that would be different if they were my coworkers 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 7

There is this from Brooks on 9/10/15: http://realmrhousewi...hemo-exclusive/

What's interesting about these statements from Brooks and Vicki is that they contradict each other, as usual. Kind of a microcosm of this whole deal, and shows why people are suspicious. Brooks says that he wanted to make his cancer journey public in order to provide hope for others, and show that there are alternatives to chemo. Vicki says that a person's medical decisions should be private. Public or private? Which is it, guys?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 7

What's interesting about these statements from Brooks and Vicki is that they contradict each other, as usual. Kind of a microcosm of this whole deal, and shows why people are suspicious. Brooks says that he wanted to make his cancer journey public in order to provide hope for others, and show that there are alternatives to chemo. Vicki says that a person's medical decisions should be private. Public or private? Which is it, guys?

Is it not strange that Vicki and Brooks are or were supposedly in this serious relationship, living together, and yet it's like they don't mesh or something. I can't really put my finger on it, but this for example. People don't always agree with their significant other, but they do seem to know how the other person feels about issues. It's like Vicki has no idea what page Brooks is on regarding his illness and whether it should be private, and what kind of diet he wants to follow, or treatment he wants to have and sometimes it looks like she doesn't even care. 

I've said before, I don't care if he's faking his cancer or not, he's not really hurting anyone other than maybe Vicki, but the least they could do is compare notes and have one story between them. I see why the others think he's faking even if I also think they are out of line in some of there attempts to "get the truth". 

• Love 6

I've said before, I don't care if he's faking his cancer or not, he's not really hurting anyone other than maybe Vicki, but the least they could do is compare notes and have one story between them.

I disagree with the notion that faking cancer isn't hurting anyone, and Brooks' own statement shows why - he's giving people false hope that there are successful alternative treatments to cancer, if not a cure.

• Love 8

I disagree with the notion that faking cancer isn't hurting anyone, and Brooks' own statement shows why - he's giving people false hope that there are successful alternative treatments to cancer, if not a cure.

The thing is, There is no good option here. If he is faking, he is a horrible scumbag who makes it harder for people with real illnessess. If it's real, than it sucks that he has cancer. I am not sure what faking it has to do with giving people false hope. People who really have cancer and other diseases do try alternative treatments and cause false hope too.   But I do have to say, as someone who has what was once a death sentence, sometimes hope, even false hope, can be a good thing.  It keeps you going sometimes. Certainly there are times  when it can be a bad thing

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 7

I am going to use Leann as an example-we arrived late in her journey.  All we have is Meghan telling us she cannot endure chemo.  To use what they have against Brooks, she didn't look sick on TV, we have no proof she has/had cancer, the most I could find is she survived cancer back in May 2012-and that was from her Facebook account. To me, Leann via her daughter made her journey public.  Her doctors, treatment options, reoccurrence dates are private.  So even though we see her and Meghan is open about her diagnosis, she and her family have kept it private as to the details.  We don't know if she had any children besides the two with Jim, family, how long she had cancer, there isn't even an obituary.  To me that is an example of public/private.  Most cancer patients I know are more along the lines of acknowledgment and rough details.  I have breast cancer, had a lumpectomy and am having radiation.  Sometimes you get a family history thrown in.

Brooks hasn't said he is cured from cancer or even in remission.  There have always been alternative treatments to cancer and within those who practice those have had successes and they are just anecdotal. 

• Love 2

I am going to use Leann as an example-we arrived late in her journey.  All we have is Meghan telling us she cannot endure chemo.  To use what they have against Brooks, she didn't look sick on TV, we have no proof she has/had cancer, the most I could find is she survived cancer back in May 2012-and that was from her Facebook account. To me, Leann via her daughter made her journey public.  Her doctors, treatment options, reoccurrence dates are private.  So even though we see her and Meghan is open about her diagnosis, she and her family have kept it private as to the details.  We don't know if she had any children besides the two with Jim, family, how long she had cancer, there isn't even an obituary.  To me that is an example of public/private.  Most cancer patients I know are more along the lines of acknowledgment and rough details.  I have breast cancer, had a lumpectomy and am having radiation.  Sometimes you get a family history thrown in.

I'm pretty open about my own disease because I think it's important to talk about it and to put a face to AIDS.. But my medical decisions are mine. My records are private. Just because I choose to be public about this doesn't give others the right to demand proof or details. I share what I want and nothing more. Brooks is a huge asshole, but even an asshole should be afforded the same rights.

Just using what you posted as a starting point and not in any way disagreeing with you

• Love 7

But then I am not sure what faking it has to do with giving people false hope.

Because if you or a loved one is undergoing chemo, or you're about to start chemo and you don't want to, you might see this storyline and decide to go against medical advice. It's one thing to stop chemo or pursue alternative treatments upon research or thoughtful consideration, it's another thing entirely when it's based on false claims.

• Love 4

Because if you or a loved one is undergoing chemo, or you're about to start chemo and you don't want to, you might see this storyline and decide to go against medical advice. It's one thing to stop chemo or pursue alternative treatments upon research or thoughtful consideration, it's another thing entirely when it's based on false claims.

Ok, I can see a point here. Thanks for that. But again even with due diligence an research people may still very well end up with false hope, or giving other false hope.  

I suggest googling Christine Maggiore. She was a famous AIDS denialist. She genuinely believed that AIDS didn't exist at all. She wrote a book about it and formed an organization. The Foo Fighters pimped her out at concerts. They promoted things like ,AIDS being caused by drug addiction or bad foods etc. so If you test positive then eat healthy and drink Essiac tea, etc etc. Christine Maggire died of AIDS related complications, but not before her little daughter died  of the same thing. Many people probably died or were infected because of her, and because the damned Foo Fighters promoting her. Desperate people will believe anything. I've been there myself and it's not pretty

There are a lot of people out there who have claimed to have been helped by Resveratrol. So whether or not Brooks is actually using it isn't really relevent.

JFTR, I have gone against medical advice many times. That's just it. It's advice. In the end its your body, your life and your choice.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 12

I get your point, but I would wonder about anyone who took their medical advice from a reality television show of this ilk.  But again, there very well could be people who might. 

• Love 6

I get your point, but I would wonder about anyone who took their medical advice from a reality television show of this ilk.  But again, there very well could be people who might.

It doesn't even have to be as overt as someone saying "I'm quitting chemo because Brooks Ayers on tv did, and he looks good and feels good and his cancer is in remission, so the same can happen for me." It can be more more subtle. People with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy are vulnerable. Maybe someone watching isn't feeling well, or just watched their hair fall out, and says fuck it, I'm not doing this anymore.... Brooks isn't responsible for other people's medical decisions. But if he's giving people false hope based on a phony diagnosis, then he's a disgusting scam artist that deserves any scorn he receives.

• Love 3

I'm pretty open about my own disease because I think it's important to talk about it and to put a face to AIDS.. But my medical decisions are mine. My records are private. Just because I choose to be public about this doesn't give others the right to demand proof or details. I share what I want and nothing more. Brooks is a huge asshole, but even an asshole should be afforded the same rights.

Just using what you posted as a starting point and not in any way disagreeing with you

Thank you.  It is hard to put a finger on at what point did these other women think it at all appropriate to decide to discuss Brooks cancer.  I am curious who threw the first doubts out there. . . oh that would be Tamra.

It doesn't even have to be as overt as someone saying "I'm quitting chemo because Brooks Ayers on tv did, and he looks good and feels good and his cancer is in remission, so the same can happen for me." It can be more more subtle. People with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy are vulnerable. Maybe someone watching isn't feeling well, or just watched their hair fall out, and says fuck it, I'm not doing this anymore.... Brooks isn't responsible for other people's medical decisions. But if he's giving people false hope based on a phony diagnosis, then he's a disgusting scam artist that deserves any scorn he receives.

Too many ifs.  I don't know if he is giving anyone hope-everyone else seems to be telling him he is making the wrong decision.  I will say this to any who wants to fake cancer -pay attention to these ladies and see what they find hinky and don't repeat the same missteps.

• Love 1

At the end of the day, it seems like a small thing to me, but from reading Shannon's blog last week, and also her comments in the First Look about how she never lies, it seems like the fact that Vicki is not acknowledging she asked for help bugs Shannon. 

There's a difference between Vicki "not acknowledging" that she asked for Shannon's help and Vicki saying she didn't ask for Shannon's help when Shannon says Vicki did; Vicki did the former.  Who knows what the real truth is, but either it's a big misunderstanding about what was said to whom and how each are interpreting what was said, or someone is not telling the truth.  

Edited:  because I should know the difference between former and latter.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 4

I demand that Meghan show us her medical records to prove that she not an anorexic giraffe with a bad stiff neck and chronic resting bitch face syndrome.

LOL!

Actually, I demand Meghan make all of her relatives or their respective surviving first of kin, show us their medical records to prove they have had cancer.  :P

This to the nth!  Why can't these women get it through their heads that asking for personal medical information is totally wrong???  Heather is a doctor's wife; I don't understand how she can even seriously ask that question.  Fine.   Don't believe Brooks, but you should not ask for his medical records.

• Love 5

LOL!

Actually, I demand Meghan make all of her relatives or their respective surviving first of kin, show us their medical records to prove they have had cancer.  :P

This to the nth!  Why can't these women get it through their heads that asking for personal medical information is totally wrong???  Heather is a doctor's wife; I don't understand how she can even seriously ask that question.  Fine.   Don't believe Brooks, but you should not ask for his medical records.

Years ago a plastic surgeon told me he thought the bottom of barrel plastic surgeons were the ones who socially speculated on a friend or acquaintance's work.  He had little regard for the plastic surgeons who went public talking about their speculation on a celebrity's plastic surgery.  Terry is the kind of guy who comments.  I will never forget him challenging Alexis' surgery and then we saw his  competitor, pull out a wad of goo from her sinus.  Of course she went for the nose bump removal but he just came off so arrogant and cocky.  Physician shut thy mouth.

• Love 4

I can't help but think that if Brooks truly does have cancer, he'd be all over the chance to somehow redeem himself from his former lying scumbag status and prove that he now speaks the truth.  I also feel like Vicki would welcome the opportunity to prove everyone else wrong, to prove Brooks right and further his victim status in hopes of more sympathy for both of them, and to attempt to validate her proclamations to the world that this is the wonderful man behind the current status over love tank.  (It may not runneth over now, but she swore it did while filming, while he appeared to tolerate her.... just barely)  

• Love 4

I suggest googling Christine Maggiore. She was a famous AIDS denialist. She genuinely believed that AIDS didn't exist at all. She wrote a book about it and formed an organization. The Foo Fighters pimped her out at concerts. They promoted things like ,AIDS being caused by drug addiction or bad foods etc. so If you test positive then eat healthy and drink Essiac tea, etc etc. Christine Maggire died of AIDS related complications, but not before her little daughter died  of the same thing. Many people probably died or were infected because of her, and because the damned Foo Fighters promoting her. Desperate people will believe anything. I've been there myself and it's not pretty

Just googled - this woman absolutely disgusts me.  Let's forget what her AIDS denying did to her own health.  She refused meds during pregnancy to protect her children.  She refused to have them tested for HIV.  When her three year old daughter finally died, her autopsy showed she was markedly underweight and underheight, had atrophy of her lymphatic organs, had AIDS-related pneumonia, and HIV encephalitis.  There's no telling how much this child suffered.   Yet her mother refused to see the truth.  She actually protested and had a vet - a Veterinarian! - examine her child and state she died of an antibiotic allergy.  There are absolutely no words.  How was this woman not  treated like every other parent who willfully neglected their child, leading to death?  Even religious beliefs can't protect you from prosecution if you allow your child to die - I just don't get it.

ETA:  It gets worse.  She and her husband sued LA County for releasing Eliza Jane's autopsy which stated she had AIDS.  The case was settled.  Yet another successful attempt lie, deny, and hide the truth.

Her activism and work with the South African President, led to his decision to block AZT to pregnant women, which led to approximately 330,000 deaths.  I can't imagine what it would feel like to have that on your soul.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 4

Just wow, what a sad excuse for a human being. This is crazy times a million. I didn't realize the Foo Fighters would cheer this kind of person on...I know they were protesting the Westboro church group, the people who harass families of fallen soldiers, which I thought was cool of them to do. I'm sorry to hear about people doing such things.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4

For me, there's a difference between Heather and Terry's proclamation of putting in their own money for a business venture and Brooks cancer journey or non journey.  I don't know if Brooks had cancer or not, or what the story is.  IIRC from the few things I've read about NHL and some other cancers, sometimes chemo doesn't work and this may be true in Brook's case.  My problem with all of this is if you agree to share your cancer journey, then you have to be totally candid about it and that doesn't seem to be coming across.  Or as Heather said, something's hinky about it. 

• Love 2