Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: Suspicious Minds

• Start Topic

I am starting to think that maybe Brookes had a cancer scare...or said he did...and Icky just ran with it, to the point where there was no turning back. But this is just my opinion. I do think that Icky knows the truth, whatever it is.

• Love 2

I am starting to think that maybe Brookes had a cancer scare...or said he did...and Icky just ran with it, to the point where there was no turning back. But this is just my opinion. I do think that Icky knows the truth, whatever it is.

I think it's possible he had it, but went into remission and they tried to drag the storyine out 

• Love 4

At risk of getting too far off-topic, how did people who faked having cancer get caught?

I am going to say they confess to being full of it, or they die and the autopsy results show no signs of cancer.   That dying thing is tricky though as they only get to do it once.

I think it's possible he had it, but went into remission and they tried to drag the storyine out 

Kind of like the chemo worked and he had a deal for pimping resveratrol.  That I could see.

• Love 6

My version of how this goes is that Brooks initially lied about the cancer - but then was going to get caught - and so he told Vicki it was a misdiagnosis and somehow convinced her to go along with it because if they didn't make it seem like he had cancer, all the others would say he was "lying" about it or something to that effect.. I don't see Vicki coming up with the idea of faking cancer on her own - not even for the sake of TV - but I do see her willfully blinding herself to Brook's shenanigans and going along with one of his plans for the sake of keeping a boyfriend in her life.

• Love 2

So, does this mean that this is the episode where we find out more of the details as to why they all seem so convinced that Brooks doesn't have cancer? Because I still haven't seen anything on the show that would convince me he has been faking it (other than his general shiftiness). I mean, yeah, the two flat tires thing is weird, but not enough (for me) to declare that he is making the whole thing up. Nothing Meghan has come up with is very damning. I am not putting stock in Scott Cruz's, "I don't see it, but I'm not Gandhi" spiel. Heather has made it seem in interviews that viewers would see for themselves why it all seems so off base, and I am hoping this is the episode that things start getting more incriminating. Otherwise, this whole storyline is a dud for me.

This will be the episode where Vicki basically tells everyone to go fvck themselves and realizes that just because she did not want it as a storyline does not mean the others didn't.  It may be also where Brooks draws the line over opportunity and exploitation and realizes he is never getting a paycheck out of Bravo.

• Love 1

Screw these women. This is so out of line. If this were "real life" Vicki would cut these people out, but she can't. They are coworkers. It's no ones fucking business why Brooks didn't go to Shannon's Doctor..  Prove it! Screw You Shannon

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 23

She just would not stop.  Vicki was begging her to shut up about Brooks and she just kept picking!  

It looked like Shannon had certain lines she had to deliver and wasn't even listening to Vicki's responses.

"Feeding a monster that's never going to get full", pretty much sounds like what life with Vicki would be like.

Are you calling her love tank a monster?

• Love 11

I'd rather the main stories be their lives and not gossiping so much. Some episodes reflect that..but I'd rather they do away with season story arcs.

At least we see heather, tamra, Shannon and vicki focus on their lives outside the main story..unlike season 5 of BH where all they did was gossip about kim and brandi in every freaking scene.

Meghan's scenes on her own fascinate me...she is so awkward yet not in a funny way like shannon. Plus what she thinks is her reality differs greatly from reality. Case in point this vendetta to unmask brooks and Vicki's cancer scheme.

Shannon is also focusing on this to distract herself from her marriage...just my instinct.

These women need to celebrate life instead of being nosey. I want vacation vicki, tamra and Shannon all the time!

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/09/forbidden-fruit-relevant-ashely-madison-real-housewives/

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 10

Yesterday am was an old show.

Vicki with Mom, hugging: I love you, Mom."

When Mom doesn't respond with "love you back," Vicki chased her down and demanded a love declaration from her mother. She was sad. Her mother was critical of Vicki's pretensions and neediness, as I recall.

She is unfillable; I think Brooks finally had enough.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 15

Ryan looked like he was ready to go postal. And how does he afford to drive (for 9 hours) that big ass Hummer? Is Tamra paying for that too?

When is this season over? I don't know how much more death, infidelity, cancer and Meghan I can take.

• Love 21

Ok I'm finally checking out of the O.C.. I was just complaining to my sister that when you get cancer, it seems that is all anyone wants to talk to you about. My life as a lawyer, a mom, possible alcoholic have all been forgotten. Now I try to watch one of my favorite guilty pressures and it's all about cancer. Maybe if I had any emotional investment in Meghan or Brooks, I could look past how gross it is that the subject has been made the main storyline this year, but nope, it's just gross.

Im sorry. I understand your frustration. And I also know exactly what you mean

• Love 13

The producers should have cast someone who'd have a personality conflict with one of the ladies.  I enjoyed Shannon and Heather going at each other last season far more than all of this gossiping about whether Brooks has cancer.  

Are they contracted to sit through a scene?  I didn't understand why Vicki didn't just get up and leave Shannon sitting there at that lunch.  For once, I think I actually felt a ping of sympathy for Vicki.  

• Love 7

And you know, I already said that if vicki showed proof, it wouldn't be enough. The preview shows Meghan saying once again, that she called to ask about pet scans.. Well guess what, If you call my infectious disease doctor to ask if they do PET scans, they will say no. That's because they gove you an order to get a PET scan and you go somewhere else. Meghan is crazy

I'm pretty sure Brooks told Tamra that he was showing her a lab report which would be that "somewhere else."

I never did any research on this topic but it is possible that there are some labs that don't do PET scans.

• Love 2

Vicki vs meghan is interesting. ..but focusing on the cancer aspect is wrong.

The show had organic ways to get conflict between those two...including their discussions on..youth vs non youth, etc. Plenty to mine as we saw in their vacation.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure Brooks told Tamra that he was showing her a lab report which would be that "somewhere else."

I never did any research on this topic but it is possible that there are some labs that don't do PET scans.

You would probably go to a radiation department,  or an imaging center. I don't know if  he is showing the order, or the results.  I get my orders in hand, but I never have copies of results

• Love 7

I don't get why the frack do they care if Brooks has or has not cancer. I would not show them one damn thing to prove anything to anybody. Don't want to believe it? Then don't. Who gives a rats ass. It's ridiculous. And Shannon sat there with "judgy eyes" staring back at Vicky. Why didn't Vickie go off on all of them like she did at Gretchen. She is way mellow this season. It's like the fight has gone out of her.

• Love 10

At this point, people should drop it with the cancer. It's boring, and this episode was boring. 

Why oh why oh why would Ryan get involved with someone with soooooooo many kids? From what I read online, they moved to the OC, and the fiance told Ryan she was going to get it on with a girlfriend that was at the house if he didn't wake up. So Ryan woke up and kicked everyone out of the house, and the fiance ran next door and called the police. It seems as though the fiance may have a drug habit or be a very hard partier who can take it too far. Apparently the fiance has taken off before and not come back for days, leaving Ryan with the kids. When people do stuff like that, leave their kids and just take off for x amount of time, I always suspect drugs are involved-- that she met a guy to party with. Who knows. In any case, they both have their own issues to deal with. 

They aren't married, and I think they are still together in the OC. Reports say Sarah is the wife but they aren't married.

• Love 9

I agree that Brooks doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  I also agree that it's beyond awful that anyone would ask them to do so.  However, Vicki has been a HW for 10 seasons.  She knows how Bravo works and what they're capable of doing.   She never should have agreed to go with this story line and she never should have convinced Brooks to go along with it.  IMHO they're all awful but I find Vicki to be the MOST despicable.  She agreed to do this to keep her orange and that's just disgusting.

• Love 15